rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

going to medellin

going to medellin

hey all, received a ton of advice about my latin america trip next year and heres what i have come up with:

In April EAFIT university course for 8 weeks,
stay at an a hostel(more of an apartment really) in Envigado for 375$ for one month. Its 10 minute bus from the university and i wanted to stay away from Poblado to get more of an authentic Colombia taste. My plan is spanish class in the morning, sit in on some local classes at the university, and play basketball or sports there a few times a week. Id like to take guitar lessons(art school right across the apartment)and go out on weekends. Ive heard a lot of negativity about parque lleras so gonna hit it up once to see what its about then stay away.

Once im done in Colombia I plan to visit Rio, Cordoba and a couple other places thru LA and SA but still figuring things out at the moment.

Ive perused thru all the MDE threads and am now reading rooshs book on colombia, but was wondering if anyone had any advice for me not just on game but placed to visit or things to do.

I am South Korean, studied in the US Almost all my life but fluent in English and speak decent spanish. Im finishing up my military service and am 5'10 and athletic( play d3 basketball and love all sports)dress sharp and am told im good looking. But im very new to game. Any advice on MDE as suggestions on travel spots in latin america would help.

Thanks!

going to medellin

With EAFIT, you just made it. I just graduated from there (not a language course) and definitely, that university is full of hot women. Be warned, tho, they are the wealthy kind, most of them going on vacations all their lives to USA and Europe, so it won't shock them that you are a foreigner. Despite this, I've never seen an unfriendly girl from EAFIT, they are all nice.

Nice choice to stay away from Poblado. If you can afford it, don't ever go to Lleras, it's overplayed, overrated and overrun with scum already. All the higher end places went to Barrio Colombia, Rio Sur and La Strada, along with all the women that are decent. I was at lleras last week and all I saw were scammers and girls from another city or country. Here in Envigado, go to La Bota, Guanteros, hell, nearly the whole place close to the park. There are a few "Videobars" with very hot women, but don't be surprised if a jealous boyfriend shows up angry, women in Envigado rarely go out alone by themselves.

On game, I can't really say. I never liked Colombian girls and never even got anything going with the few of them I liked, my bad. Roosh' book can answer better than I could possibly do, also, we come from a very different background.

On things to see, go out of the Aburra Valley. Really, I'll be blunt here, Medellin is just a bunch of oddly placed concrete and orange brick. It is not that beautiful, but Antioquia is. Go around the small towns, Santa Fe de Antioquia is a very nice, collonial style town just 1.5 hours from the city using a tunnel and in certain days of the year, it will be also full of people from Medellin acting nicer than usual.

If you got any more questions, I'll answer. Welcome to Envigado!