rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

2013 U.S. Monthly Travel Suggestions
013 U.S. Monthly Travel Suggestions
I need some help figuring out places to go during 2013. These are quick weekend getaway's to go site see but if there's a big event going on with bitches I'm down. Goal is to travel 1 weekend a month. Most of these trips will be solo.

Below is what I found going on Jan-July

Jan: Need suggestions for Martin Luther king weekend.
Gasparilla pirate fest: January 26, 2013

Feb:
//Mardi Gras way to expensive in N.O

March:
// Super expensive Miami: Ultra 15-17/22-24

April: Need suggestions for Easter weekend
// Super expensive Coachella 2013 April 12-14 / April 19-21

May:
First weekend: Mifflin Street Block Party, Madison WI
Memorial day weekend:

June:

July: July 4th weekend: Calgary Stampede

These are the places I have never been to and would like to check out.
San Francisco
Scottsdale
New Orleans
Charleston

I would also consider Cancun or D.R during one of those long weekends. Price will be a major factor.
New Orleans is good Feb, March, April.

Avoid Scottsdale in summer. Everyone there goes to San Diego because they melt.
Count me in on this thread. I'm looking to do the same in 2013. US weekend benders. Scottsdale is high on my list.
Well the U.S. is such a big country, where you're starting point is at will have a huge impact on these short trips, I'd love to check out Charleston, but it's about 11 hours round trip flying time from the west coast.

For sure I would put Austin, TX near the top of the list, Austin has a lot going for it, I'd go in the spring or early summer, try to hit up the hill country and the swimming spots. Outside of that there are supposed to be lots of other cool spots to check out, lakes, Hamilton Pool, Barton Springs, etc. There is good food, nightlife, hot women.

Outside of Austin, I'd say check out Charleston, I only hear good things about it. Supposed to be one of the best concentration of hot women in the U.S., although I think pulling might be a challenge there.
How does this sound

Jan MLK weekend, Scottsdale
Feb: Presidents day: N.O ?
March: St Pats weekend, N.O ?
March: Easter, Panama city beach (Aprils Trip)
Quote: (12-15-2012 09:31 PM)OGNorCal707 Wrote:  

Well the U.S. is such a big country, where you're starting point is at will have a huge impact on these short trips, I'd love to check out Charleston, but it's about 11 hours round trip flying time from the west coast.

For sure I would put Austin, TX near the top of the list, Austin has a lot going for it, I'd go in the spring or early summer, try to hit up the hill country and the swimming spots. Outside of that there are supposed to be lots of other cool spots to check out, lakes, Hamilton Pool, Barton Springs, etc. There is good food, nightlife, hot women.

Outside of Austin, I'd say check out Charleston, I only hear good things about it. Supposed to be one of the best concentration of hot women in the U.S., although I think pulling might be a challenge there.

5-7 years ago it had an incredible ratio of women to men, but it has evened out a lot since then, really isn't any better than any other southern college campus.

Other than downtown the city is also spread out, without good public transit, so it can make it harder to hop around from area to area.
Quote: (12-15-2012 09:31 PM)OGNorCal707 Wrote:  

Its also almost always an incredibly expensive flight since it has such a small airport (1 terminal with 2 gates) that they don't use larger planes.

For the OP I would not recommend Charleston if you are on a budget, after a plane ticket you would already be out 400-500 bucks (at least during any time you would want to be there)

Hotels there are not cheap either. A weekend stay could easily run you $900-1000 just to get there and have a hotel for the weekend.
I noticed that with Charleston, its ALWAYS expensive. Having only a few handful of hotels in the city keeps the demand up
Aren't most dope spots pretty expensive, assuming you want to stay in a pretty nice hotel situated near nightlife? I wonder how expensive Charleston is compared to say SF, NYC, Vegas, or Miami? I'd imagine the flight into/out of Charleston would be the most expensive part. New Orleans may be a good option, I don't know what the airport situation is like, but I've heard it's pretty cheap down there, although I bet prices get jacked for Mardi Gras. The cost of travel within the U.S. is a big part of the reason why I'm more interested in going abroad, if I'm going to spend that kind of money, I might as well leave the U.S., especially if I'm going to a spot where the dollar goes far on the local currency. That said, I for sure still need to hit all the aforementioned spots.
Quote: (12-19-2012 12:42 AM)OGNorCal707 Wrote:  

Aren't most dope spots pretty expensive, assuming you want to stay in a pretty nice hotel situated near nightlife? I wonder how expensive Charleston is compared to say SF, NYC, Vegas, or Miami? I'd imagine the flight into/out of Charleston would be the most expensive part. New Orleans may be a good option, I don't know what the airport situation is like, but I've heard it's pretty cheap down there, although I bet prices get jacked for Mardi Gras. The cost of travel within the U.S. is a big part of the reason why I'm more interested in going abroad, if I'm going to spend that kind of money, I might as well leave the U.S., especially if I'm going to a spot where the dollar goes far on the local currency. That said, I for sure still need to hit all the aforementioned spots.

yes most good spots have a higher cost, but the difference is those are major cities with a major airport and accessible public transportation. Those factors make it less expensive to get flights and also much easier and less expensive to move around the city once you get there. They also have more options of things to do b/c Charleston is such a small place.
I really want to check out Thunder over Louisville or the Kentucky Derby this year:

[Image: kentucky-derby-women.jpg]

One of my good buddies and roommates is from Louisville and I've never been there so I'm seriously considering heading over in April/May and it's probably much cheaper than some of the vacation options you've listed above.

Thunder over Louisville
April 20th

Kentucky Derby
May 3rd - 4th

"Avoid success at all costs."
Quote: (12-19-2012 09:26 AM)snoop Wrote:  

Quote: (12-19-2012 12:42 AM)OGNorCal707 Wrote:  

yes most good spots have a higher cost, but the difference is those are major cities with a major airport and accessible public transportation. Those factors make it less expensive to get flights and also much easier and less expensive to move around the city once you get there. They also have more options of things to do b/c Charleston is such a small place.

New Orleans is leaps and bounds cheaper than SF, NYC, Vegas, or Miami?

If you have $300 in your pocket you are pretty much balling there.

$300 in SF, NYC, Vegas, or Miami, and you are just operating.

That would be a way to explain the difference.
Quote: (12-19-2012 10:37 AM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Quote: (12-19-2012 09:26 AM)snoop Wrote:  

New Orleans is leaps and bounds cheaper than SF, NYC, Vegas, or Miami?

If you have $300 in your pocket you are pretty much balling there.

$300 in SF, NYC, Vegas, or Miami, and you are just operating.

That would be a way to explain the difference.

I was talking about Charleston compared to those cities, not those cities in relation to each other. You can have a decent weekend in Charleston for $300 once you are there, but the cost of getting there and having a decent place to stay can be pretty high for a city that small. There is no public transit either, so you are either renting a car or paying for cabs if you want to go anywhere not within walking distance of where you stay.
For May a big inexpensive festival with tons of girls getting it in hard is the Detroit Electronic Music Festival -> http://movement.us/

It is the last weekend in May.

Last year was nuts and people were so cool. You need to get booked up with a hotel etc. well in advance. Tickets went on sale last month.
Quote: (12-19-2012 11:43 AM)fman Wrote:  

For May a big inexpensive festival with tons of girls getting it in hard is the Detroit Electronic Music Festival -> http://movement.us/

It is the last weekend in May.

Last year was nuts and people were so cool. You need to get booked up with a hotel etc. well in advance. Tickets went on sale last month.

As a Detroit native I can attest to this. Warehouse parties that go until 8, people getting fried out of their minds in the downtown center, and a great atmosphere with great music. If there's ever a time to be in Detroit this weekend is it. It also attracts people from everywhere around the world, so its a very conducive atmosphere to picking up flags as well.
Here is updated list, any feedback?

Feb: Mardi Gras weekend (Fri-Wed) Booked

March: St Pats Day 15-17 (Maybe N.O depending on Mardi Gras success) or Stay local. We have a pretty big party ourselves.
Easter weekend: Debating between Vegas, Tampa, of Ft. L

April: Depends on how much money is spent in Feb/March

May: First weekend: Mifflin Street Block Party, Madison WI
Memorial day weekend: Cancun

June: Maybe Montreal for F1 weekend
Quote: (01-06-2013 05:44 PM)chyamor Wrote:  

Here is updated list, any feedback?

Feb: Mardi Gras weekend (Fri-Wed) Booked

March: St Pats Day 15-17 (Maybe N.O depending on Mardi Gras success) or Stay local. We have a pretty big party ourselves.
Easter weekend: Debating between Vegas, Tampa, of Ft. L

April: Depends on how much money is spent in Feb/March

May: First weekend: Mifflin Street Block Party, Madison WI
Memorial day weekend: Cancun

June: Maybe Montreal for F1 weekend

Savannah GA is supposed to go off for St Pattys day.
I was looking for this thread. I'm hitting up Scottsdale on Friday. Looking forward to it. I don't see any data sheets about it so I'll bust one out on the return.
Any other suggestions for Easter weekend? I know Semana Santa is big in Colombia but I'm trying to figure out alternatives.
Ive been to The Gasparilla parade before and its a drunken fun time. I just walked around blowing a vuvuzela at all the ugly chicks who would always respond with something like "you asshole" then I realized it was much more effective to use on hotter chicks who actually thought it was a compliment haha

Idk if its worth booking a whole trip to as its not as exciting as Mardi Gras or some of the other events you list but its a fun local event for sure
If anyone is serious about visting the Calgary Stampede, I suggest booking accomidation now, you will save a pretty penny.
Sadly had to cancel vegas next weekend. Co worker's wife is due in may so cant book anything for memorial day weekend. Best I would be able do is Detroit Electronic Music Festival or Electric Daisy Carnival is in Joliet which is about 45 minutes away from Chicago. Probably good parties in downtown chicago that night since aint shit happening in Joliet. Having said that

April: Thunder over Louisville looks like a decent cheap weekend gateaway. Have some more info? Should I bring a chick or is it good swooping?

May First weekend: Mifflin Street Block Party, Madison WI, Memorial day Weekend Det or Chi

June:

July: 4th of July weekend: Vancouver ? Shit too expensive in the US, plus all the families will be out and about. This will be for sightseeing, not swooping.

August: Montreal for swooping

Sept: Labor day weekend: Ibiza ?? Since Im not going anyway April/May I

Hencredible how was Scottsdale?

Any good swooping music festivals outside of Cochella that I should cross reference?

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-12187.html
Any upcoming events/big parties anywhere in US?

Southwest is melting so can rule those places out

Looking for an August and September destination.
3 weeks off in August - US only. Suggestions? Was thinking of Vegas and Chicago, possibly SD and Atlantic City.
St. Louis any time the Cardinals are in the postseason (which is quite often). Cardinals are a religion here, that's different than any other city's allegiance to their team. After a postseason victory, everyone gets laid.