rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Money Tight - Strategy for Reducing Cost of Dates

Money is going to be especially tight for me the next several months so I really need to get the cost per date down while still trying to get laid.

Here is my plan:
1. Limit the date to 1 drink each and at that point invite her over to my place. If she says no just say that I have to get going.
2. A few days later invite her to my place to watch a movie. If she says no then leave it at that.
3. If I don't get laid after step#1 and step#2 just forget about her and never contact her again. If she contacts me I will invite her over again to my place but I won't meet her for a date again.

The purpose of this is to screen out chicks who will cost me a lot of money and just have sex with the girls who don't give a shit if a guy spends money or not.

What do you guys think of this plan?

Quote: (12-13-2012 04:26 PM)NoBalls Wrote:  

Money is going to be especially tight for me the next several months so I really need to get the cost per date down while still trying to get laid.

Here is my plan:
1. Limit the date to 1 drink each and at that point invite her over to my place. If she says no just say that I have to get going.
2. A few days later invite her to my place to watch a movie. If she says no then leave it at that.
3. If I don't get laid after step#1 and step#2 just forget about her and never contact her again. If she contacts me I will invite her over again to my place but I won't meet her for a date again.

The purpose of this is to screen out chicks who will cost me a lot of money and just have sex with the girls who don't give a shit if a guy spends money or not.

What do you guys think of this plan?

I don't like it.

Are you younger?

Why not do fun things that are "free".

Take her to the beach. $free

Go on a hike and roll a jay. $free

Go to a park with a beautiful museum. $free

Go check out a free concert and roll a jay. $free

Cook at home and pop a bottle of wine. $15-100

Make cocktails at your crib. $20

Roll up a jay at your crib. $free

Art Gallery opening with free wine and apps. (And I don't mean Iphone apps either). $free

Free festival. $free

Sneak in somewhere with free drinks. $free

Holiday parties. $free

Go to the park and paint with her. Roll up a jay. $free

Go for a drive to a cliff over looking the beach. $free, a little gas money

Watch the sunset. Roll up a jay. $free

There. 14 free/cheap dates. Once you complete all of those, I will bust out some more for you.

The options are endless. I have written tons on "Budget Game".

(Keep in mind, these are all things I did on a regular basis with girls when I was younger, so they are totally feasible and I am not just yapping.)

Quote: (12-13-2012 04:31 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

I don't like it.

Are you younger?

No, I am 40 now and I have no excuse for not being well off. But the reality is that I'm having cash flow issues so I have to adapt.

I like the idea of making her coctails at my place. I have done that before, just not for a first date. I'm fairly well stocked with good Tequila, good Vodka, Scotch, Wine, Irish Whiskey, and plenty of mixers. I think that will be good for the second stage of a 1st date or a 2nd date.

I like your museum idea for a first date and then I can invite her to my place for drinks after. In the summer a free concert in central park would probably work pretty well with drinks at my place after.

G, are you a drug dealer? Cause where i'm from, weed is never free. Also, you started from the assumption that he's young and without resources, yet you also assumed he already had his own place and a car.

Quote: (12-13-2012 05:01 PM)NoBalls Wrote:  

I don't like it.

Are you younger?

No, I am 40 now and I have no excuse for not being well off. But the reality is that I'm having cash flow issues so I have to adapt.

I like the idea of making her coctails at my place. I have done that before, just not for a first date. I'm fairly well stocked with good Tequila, good Vodka, Scotch, Wine, Irish Whiskey, and plenty of mixers. I think that will be good for the second stage of a 1st date or a 2nd date.

I like your museum idea for a first date and then I can invite her to my place for drinks after. In the summer a free concert in central park would probably work pretty well with drinks at my place after.

You are in NYC?

Mad free stuff to do.

Yeah, just keep steering back to your crib for "an amazing cocktail" you can throw together.

Quote:Quote:

Posted by Don - Today 06:24 PM
G, are you a drug dealer? Cause where i'm from, weed is never free. Also, you started from the assumption that he's young and without resources, yet you also assumed he already had his own place and a car.

Where are you from?

Weed is pretty much free in California...if you know people.

Your right, I did peg the age wrong.

(Keep in mind, I was just trying to get the original posters mind turning. I know that not everyone lives next to a beautiful beach.)

Low cash, no car, no crib, no drugs and no connections is tricky to pull girls on a regular basis.

Can be done, but you need something else going for you.

But if those are ones problems, girls are the least of his worries. One would need to focus on getting himself in a better situation.

Quote: (12-13-2012 05:39 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

You are in NYC?

Mad free stuff to do.

Yeah, just keep steering back to your crib for "an amazing cocktail" you can throw together.

Yup, I live in NYC.

I think it is a great idea to do a non-drinking activity and invite a girl to come back to my place for "an amazing cocktail" after. I think I will learn a few coctails that they can't get in a normal bar just for this purpose. Thanks for that idea!

My only fear about doing stuff like going to museums and concerts is that it will make these girls think of me as a potential boyfriend. I'm already the type of guy that women want as a boyfriend/husband so I don't want to make that happen more often. I just want a string of one night stands with new girls.

Gmanifesto pretty much nailed this thread. NYC is indeed a great place for free and low cost dates, there's pretty much always something to do over there. To the OP, while I understand not everyone has the stamina for it would it be possible for you to get a temporary second job in order to alleviate your cash problems?

theres no better place than NYC to find shit to do for free.grab a copy of Time Out and they have a whole section IIRC about free stuff to do every day of the week. hell sometimes they even publish shit like "free date ideas" that may be available on the website. that mag is the best ever for stuff (free or paid) to do in nyc.

Quote: (12-13-2012 06:58 PM)NoBalls Wrote:  

I'm already the type of guy that women want as a boyfriend/husband

Let them think things have the potential to go somewhere and smash away.

always take them to a wine bar, drink wine..runs you $10 bucks a glass and buys you enough time. I still have to come across a classy broad who finishes a glass <30 mins. never chose $ cocktails.

If boyfriend game comes easy... why not just do that for the time being? LTRs, when I play them right, are much cheaper and less time consuming for me than dating. I have little money and bad logistics. Comparison:

Okcupid date: 30 min time investment pre-date, 3 hours on the date being on the spot, then 2nd or 3rd base. $10 for two beers for myself.
LTR date: we meet up, she feeds me lunch or a snack at her place, we watch a movie and have sex.

Hell. It's easy to get complacent like that.

Noballs,

Something I used to do all the time when money was tight was ask girls to go grocery shopping with me "I'm really busy but I was going to go shopping...", I'd pick out different foods that are tasty and get her stomach rumbling, then I'd make fun of foods, use different food experiences, making the "date" fun, eventually I'd get into what she liked to eat and that would segway into, "Why don't you come over for dinner"

Another one I ALWAYS did was invite girls to do laundry. When I was in long beach I had a studio apartment that was about 5 steps from a laundrymat, I'd grab a 6 pack of beer and just hand her one while we did laundry, liquor store across the street, then right back to my place. I made a killing when I was broke.

Quote: (12-14-2012 12:18 AM)Fisto Wrote:  

Noballs,

Something I used to do all the time when money was tight was ask girls to go grocery shopping with me "I'm really busy but I was going to go shopping...", I'd pick out different foods that are tasty and get her stomach rumbling, then I'd make fun of foods, use different food experiences, making the "date" fun, eventually I'd get into what she liked to eat and that would segway into, "Why don't you come over for dinner"

Another one I ALWAYS did was invite girls to do laundry. When I was in long beach I had a studio apartment that was about 5 steps from a laundrymat, I'd grab a 6 pack of beer and just hand her one while we did laundry, liquor store across the street, then right back to my place. I made a killing when I was broke.

Slick, very slick. I have a couple buddies who pull this type of shit off like gangbusters. As always, it's all in the attitude.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

If its a girl you've banged a few times take her to the supermarket. Pretend like you're sitting there at home or wherever you are and go "I WANT FUCKING DUMPLINGS WE'RE GOING TO THE STORE" then go. Go to the store and wander around for a while. She'll usually ask why you're spending so much time staring at meat... look at her funny. Walk around the aisles bullshitting about stuff. Find foods you always had as a kid and tell stories, tell stories about gross food, drop food knowledge. Make fun of people. Today one of the aisles was labeled "sugar and spice" my girl was being all grumpy because I spent 20 minutes examining bacon and pigs hearts. I went up to the dweeb stocking the shelves and said "this is the sugar and spice aisle right, where is the everything nice aisle shes kind of acting up" (pointing at my girl). she frowned. dude just stared at me like I was fucked. Then I bought some breakfast cereal I hadn't had in years because I remembered she said she was a cereal addict as a kid and got fat (no longer fat). She'd mentioned this a month ago and didnt believe I remembered it. We went home ate a bowl of cereal and watched a movie. Total cost of the date $5.

I think this works because you get to drop cool stories, get to drop heartwarming stories~*, get to drop food knowledge, you're impulsive in a good way and also decisive blah blah blah.

Edit: DAMN IT FISTO YOU STOLE MY IDEA

Great suggestions G!

This shit here gave me a kick in the ass. I went from balling pretty hard when I lived in the US before to living in Thailand, where a little loot went far, and now I'm back in the states again but with nearly all my money going towards paying off old bills on a failed biz project (just one more month to get caught back up, thank God).

I've been slacking hard on my game for the simple reason that I forgot what it was like to have fun on a tight budget. Thanks for your list, Man!

EDIT: WTF is up with the OP's handle?????????? NoBalls??!! You must be married or have some major confidence issues. hhahahahaha

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

Quote: (12-14-2012 12:24 AM)WesternCancer Wrote:  

If its a girl you've banged a few times take her to the supermarket.

If its a girl I've banged a few times already I wouldn't bother with the supermarket. I would just invite her over to my place.

I do like the super market idea that you and Fiesto had about bringing a chick to the supermarket. This would be prefect for a chick I didn't bang yet. I'm thinking that it can be pulled off on a first date if there is a strong enough connection with a girl or at least the second date.

Lack of funds is ZERO reason to not get laid. I've had my best runs when I've been tight. Irony is my game tends to get flashier the more $ I have which is not good. There's no reason for it.

I've gotten laid sleeping on a friend's couch, in another friend's closet and carless and on the bus. Thankfully that's not my situation now.

Key here is to EXUDE mad confidence to the girl REGARDLESS of your situation. If she asks questions regarding your situation ALWAYS paint it as a transitional period in your life and don't be afraid to throw in a small sob story (your ex broke up with you and took your money, you had family emergency problems and you're tight). Now generally I would never advocate explaining yourself but reality is some girls will ask and how you HANDLE it will make a world of difference. Confidence, address it quick and move on changing the subject.

Art parties at least in La are bountiful and free! Free booze etc. Agree to meet at one, get her buzzed and then bounce to her place if yours is less than desirable.

Another trick if you don't have the best spot is to use the excuse that you don't open up your home quickly to new people because of a stalker etc blah blah.

I've dealt with broke game before like a mofo so let me think and I'll add some more. Just remember for girls its ALL about the experience. If they're having FUN with you they won't give 2 fucks about your $. Oh yea and when you do fuck them LAY THE PIPE DOWN. Good sex will keep a girl coming back for more no matter what.

P. S. Note re: G's post: Uh yea weed is beyod free in Cali. Gotta network my friend it's easier to get weed then get a job in SoCal and you don't have to be shady to get it.

Another note depending on your attitude re: girls giving you $....

I've had numerous girls invite me to move in with them, let me use their cars, give me cash in excess of thousands etc due to seeing my situation. I'm not talking about whales either some were solid 7-8's. There is a maternal instinct that kicks in with GIVER type girls who will not want to see their 'baby' in a bad situation. I'm not saying bullshit and exploit them but if they offer take it with a smile and then fuck the shit out of them. Great sex will move mountains with girls. Just food for thought...

I don't like it.

Are you younger?

Why not do fun things that are "free".

Take her to the beach. $free

Go on a hike and roll a jay. $free

Go to a park with a beautiful museum. $free

Go check out a free concert and roll a jay. $free

Cook at home and pop a bottle of wine. $15-100

Make cocktails at your crib. $20

Roll up a jay at your crib. $free

Art Gallery opening with free wine and apps. (And I don't mean Iphone apps either). $free

Free festival. $free

Sneak in somewhere with free drinks. $free

Holiday parties. $free

Go to the park and paint with her. Roll up a jay. $free

Go for a drive to a cliff over looking the beach. $free, a little gas money

Watch the sunset. Roll up a jay. $free

There. 14 free/cheap dates. Once you complete all of those, I will bust out some more for you.

The options are endless. I have written tons on "Budget Game".

(Keep in mind, these are all things I did on a regular basis with girls when I was younger, so they are totally feasible and I am not just yapping.)

Dude. Straight up:

[Image: potd.gif]

Quote: (12-14-2012 12:46 PM)McQueensPlayboyRules Wrote:  

Lack of funds is ZERO reason to not get laid. I've had my best runs when I've been tight. Irony is my game tends to get flashier the more $ I have which is not good. There's no reason for it.

I've gotten laid sleeping on a friend's couch, in another friend's closet and carless and on the bus. Thankfully that's not my situation now.

Key here is to EXUDE mad confidence to the girl REGARDLESS of your situation. If she asks questions regarding your situation ALWAYS paint it as a transitional period in your life and don't be afraid to throw in a small sob story (your ex broke up with you and took your money, you had family emergency problems and you're tight). Now generally I would never advocate explaining yourself but reality is some girls will ask and how you HANDLE it will make a world of difference. Confidence, address it quick and move on changing the subject.

dead on. One of my best streaks ever was a couple years after college when I was unemployed and living on my mom's couch.

I would run into chicks from high school who had graduated college and when I told them some version of this conversation always happened...

Her: "I'm sorry to hear that"
Me: "Why? unemployment covers my basic bills and I have tons of free time to chase my dreams"

Her: "I meant about living with your mom"
Me: "Why? I love my mother, she's great"

several times I ended up getting my drinks bought for me before they took me home. I didn't even know what I was doing at the time either, just dumb luck stumbling into it.

Actually, I like OP's game plan. Dates are a waste of money. The way OP wants to do it, is the way to do it if you wanna get laid fast. in fact, I am working out a plan like this. However, gmanifesto also has some valid points, and me being young might put some of those to use.

Quote: (12-14-2012 02:52 PM)AlbertoDelMuerto Wrote:  

Actually, I like OP's game plan. Dates are a waste of money. The way OP wants to do it, is the way to do it if you wanna get laid fast. in fact, I am working out a plan like this. However, gmanifesto also has some valid points, and me being young might put some of those to use.

What is OP's game plan?

You are the OP. OP = original poster

Where are you from?

(Keep in mind, I was just trying to get the original posters mind turning. I know that not everyone lives next to a beautiful beach.)

Low cash, no car, no crib, no drugs and no connections is tricky to pull girls on a regular basis.

But if those are ones problems, girls are the least of his worries. One would need to focus on getting himself in a better situation.

You nailed it man. I'm from Romania, and in here, my situation is pretty much the status quo, the average salary is around 1-3 euros/hour. I appreciate you taking the time to answer to my retort, you kind of put things into perspective.

Oh, and weed is 15 eur/gram, so you have to work a full day to afford 1-2 jay's, far from free. Such is life in Eastern Europe.

Quote: (12-14-2012 07:10 PM)Don Wrote:  

Where are you from?

You nailed it man. I'm from Romania, and in here, my situation is pretty much the status quo, the average salary is around 1-3 euros/hour. I appreciate you taking the time to answer to my retort, you kind of put things into perspective.

Oh, and weed is 15 eur/gram, so you have to work a full day to afford 1-2 jay's, far from free. Such is life in Eastern Europe.

Damn.

That's sounds as crazy to me as I am sure what I wrote sounds crazy to you.

Where I am at right now, cocktails in nice clubs are $20 standard issue. Those prices have even got me going cocktail-water-cocktail-water etc.

Romania has always been interesting to me.

Do you mind busting out a Data Sheet on the place?

I have wanted to go for years, and the intel is always all over the map (so to speak).