rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

I don't know how to proceed.

First and foremost, I'm 17 & without a drivers license until June 2013. I also live in a pretty large suburb where everything is crazy spread out. The only real venue for approaching I have seen is the mall. Beyond that I'm not aware of any place people my age hangout around.

I've been doing a lot to improve myself y'know gym, mindset, style, and all that good stuff. I'm on the right path in that regard, but my potential prospects are pretty low. I still attend school, but I go to a school in the next town over and I don't know anyone there because I just transferred and it's my senior year. To make matters worse I'm not technically in the high school, but instead a program where you're segregated from the rest of the student population and put into one section where you do all your work on the computer. It's for people who are behind in school to catch up and unfortunately it's gained a reputation as being a program for people who are criminals and/or stupid.

I'm also known in my town as pretty much a crazy drug addict. I've since changed drastically, but not many people seem to be aware of that. The general conseus about me from what I hear is that I stay inside my house all day everyday and I have no friends. OR that I'm some sort deranged drug user.

My social circle is nearly non-existent as well. I had to cut out a good 90% of my old friends because they either get into shit or are constantly doing drugs. Most of my old friends are now dead, in jail, or in long term detention programs (9 months +) the friends that I do have don't do anything. I mean they're good friends, but they don't believe in approaches and are pretty bluepill minded. All we do together is smoke pot. I only know one person who drives as well and he's always broke and I don't have the bread to be constantly giving him gas money. I've tried to make friends at school, but I just don't fit in. People seem to be pretty reluctant to talk to me even when I initiate conversations. I tried to become friends with the people one of my good buddies is friends with, but it's not that they don't like me they just flat out don't acknowledge my existence. So whatever, I'm not stressing over it. I also deleted my facebook which makes it somewhat more difficult to socialize.

But I feel pretty fucking lame like I don't know what to do to bring myself out of this 17 year old dry spell or improve my situation. I don't really want to approach in school because most of the girls are either surrounded by beta orbiters or just aren't alone.I don't have transportation to anywhere besides school. I don't ever go out because I don't know anybody either. I pretty much come home, workout, write poetry, and read game stuff every single day. Toss smoking into the mix every other day and that's about it. I'm far from miserable, just not satisfied and I'm not sure what to do. You guys seem pretty open minded and out-of-the-box thinkers.

help a fledgling G out! [Image: pimp.gif]

First off keep doing your grind.
Get a job and save money for 2 reasons 1. When you can get your drivers you'll want a buy ride the very next day. 2. So you can move out of the town. There is no feeling like being financially independent.

Is there a way you can be transferred into the normal high school program? This seems to be the biggest obstruction in your situation.

Use this time to plan your move out of there. Figure what you'd like to do after high school. College, travel and trade whatever. There are plenty of online resources to help you figure it out.
Been seen at the local hangouts. Just be a cool person. Having a bad rep it difficult to overcome but it is possible. Try and get a hook up for alcohol. High school girls love booze and weed.

Quote: (12-10-2012 02:03 AM)kinjutsu Wrote:  

First off keep doing your grind.
Get a job and save money for 2 reasons 1. When you can get your drivers you'll want a buy ride the very next day. 2. So you can move out of the town. There is no feeling like being financially independent.

Is there a way you can be transferred into the normal high school program? This seems to be the biggest obstruction in your situation.

Use this time to plan your move out of there. Figure what you'd like to do after high school. College, travel and trade whatever. There are plenty of online resources to help you figure it out.
Been seen at the local hangouts. Just be a cool person. Having a bad rep it difficult to overcome but it is possible. Try and get a hook up for alcohol. High school girls love booze and weed.

I can't get a job until I have a license because everythings out of the way. I don't need to worry about money as my family supports me pretty well in exchange for going to school. And I'll have a car I'm able to use full time just not own the day I get my license. But I defintly agree with this part and I have been trying to get closer to this point.

I can't transfer out of the program I need it to graduate at this point. Regular schools won't take me back because I only need like 1 or 2 credits.

And I'm still trying to figure out what I want to really do after high school, unfortunately I'm not heading off to university until I get my 2 year transfer degree from my local community college. Thanks for the tips though you helped me to think of some new ideas.

There is always a fresh start in college.

Quote: (12-10-2012 06:55 AM)Alpha Hunter Zero Wrote:  

There is always a fresh start in college.

I was seriously considering just chilling out and waiting until the summer semester of my college, but I know if I don't get experience now I'll be just as well off then as I am now.

Since your damaged reputation in your current town is beyond repair I'd take Kinjutsu's advice and head out asap. Lay off the drugs, do well in school, and start planning for the years ahead. If possible start browsing other cities where you would be interested in living in. Even though you're still underage start taking note of venues such as bars or clubs for night game. Keep an eye on how many coffee shops or other day game venues exist in those cities. Look for how much potential talent exists. If you can score a place in a city with a college or university that will be a huge advantage in terms of resources and girls. In the meantime you have an excellent resource guide for practically everything on this forum. Read up on the game and lifestyle forums. Most importantly, try not to get banned.

Since you can get money from your family just stack it. For example if you're given $20 save $5, every little bit helps.
Open a savings account at the bank and just stack that cheese.
Right now you have almost zero costs.
Stop using drugs and focus on making yourself prepared for post high school life. Another thing to keep in mind about high school is that it eventually ends and those people that are at the top of the social ladder usually find themselves lost once graduation is over.

High school in terms of relationships and friends honestly isnt that important. College is the real deal. You either sink or swim there in terms of pretty much everything- friends, relationships, bangs, academics. It's where you begin molding your frame and personality along with the life experiences that you will carry with you the rest of your life.

Spend time at the local library, begin playing a team-sport, continue training at the gym, try to find odd-jobs in your spare time (ideally something that builds a skill over time like auto-repair, electrical maintenance etc.). These suggestions may all sound very extreme but are ideal for keeping you occupied/away from drugs AND expanding your social circle in the process. Don't focus on pickup until you feel good and confident about yourself. That is bound to end up in failure.

And stop doing drugs at the moment - its not going to help you. Drugs are fun if you have a cool social circle, some money to blow (no p intended) and some project besides getting stoned.

Thanks Alpha Hunter, Kinjutsu, and Capote.

Your guy's suggestions got me thinking a little bit. I really should quit smoking weed so much because I live with two career potheads so they'll give me free weed whenever I want it, all I do IS smoke weed, and I have been sort of procrastinating since I started smoking more. Weed's cool, but not when you have nothing else to do because it quickly becomes an everyday all day thing. I'm just going to keep the gym up, start reading some more books, and try to get some odd-jobs (not easy w/o transportation but I have some lawns I mow and can pull in roughly 60 a month when it isn't winter). Hopefully things workout a lot better in college. I won't be going to be a big university until I get my transfer degree though so I'll have to stick it out for 2 more years in this town.

But do you really think I shouldn't be bothering with pickup period? To me it seems that if I just wait until I get to college to start I'll just be in the same boat I am now except maybe a little more buff. Makes more sense to still take shots at it whenever I can.

Dude you're 17, it's not like you're going to become the world's greatest womanizer before graduating high school. Besides that in order to become good at anything you have to make mistakes before you can actually learn. You're young so you have plenty of time to learn when you can commit 100%. Despite your messed up high school situation it doesnt mean you shouldnt tackle it with full force and study your hardest and get good grades so you can get into a good college. Take it from us older guys who have been there and done that. As for pickup, practice it whenever possible but dont let it become a priority over school.

Quote: (12-11-2012 10:55 AM)Panacea Wrote:  

But do you really think I shouldn't be bothering with pickup period? To me it seems that if I just wait until I get to college to start I'll just be in the same boat I am now except maybe a little more buff. Makes more sense to still take shots at it whenever I can.

You shouldn't have to "bother about pickup". It works best when you are doing things that you enjoy/improving yourself in the process. Girls tend to notice that. This is true especially in high-school but also in college.
Example: You are at the library, reading something interesting. You meet a girl there, become "book buddies", there's an opportunity. If it doesn't work out (and you play it smooth), you can still get into her social circle.