rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

A cool thing to order in a bar

In all the restaurants I've worked in, I've occasionally asked a bartender to make me a bitters and soda. This is kind of a bartender's cure-all for hangovers, headaches, stress, stomach problems, etc. You'll frequently see bartenders make this for themselves.

For some reason, it never occured to me to order this in a bar outside of work until last night. This is a great thing for a player to drink who's cutting back alcohol to stay more in control of his game. It tastes fantastic, looks like you're drinking a cocktail, it's not sweet or sugary like soda, and almost always free (though I'll tip the bartender a few bucks) Not only that but it maintains your buzz if you've been drinking other stuff. Bitters is about 46 proof by volume, and even if your bartender only gives you a few shakes of the stuff, that's almost a full ounce.

At one of the bars I ordered this, the bartender asked me, "You a bartender?" It's a great conversation starter. One of my standard openers is to talk about whatever a girl is drinking and giving her a sip of mine. Most people never drink bitters by themselves and really enjoy the taste.

Anyway, for those you trying to NOT get completely hammered every time you go out, try throwing in the occasional "Bitters and soda". It's a great change of pace.

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

Thanks for the recommendation. I tend to drink more than I need too. I have recently been ordering scotch neat. I can sip on it for almost an hour as opposed to downing 2 or 3 mixed drinks the first hour at the bar.

Rhubarb, Orange or chocolate bitters?

Feel free to PM me for wine advice or other stuff
ROK Article: 5 Reasons To Have Wine On A Date
RVF Wine Thread

Quote: (12-09-2012 03:04 PM)Tengen Wrote:  

gettin fancy eh? If you just ask for bitters they'll probably just give you Angostura, which I really like.

I'm partial to grapefruit bitters though.

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

Bitters and soda is also good after meals. Settles the stomach.

A dash of bitters is also good with soup and chili recipes.

Quote: (12-09-2012 04:06 PM)thedude3737 Wrote:  

Quote: (12-09-2012 03:04 PM)Tengen Wrote:  

gettin fancy eh? If you just ask for bitters they'll probably just give you Angostura, which I really like.

I'm partial to grapefruit bitters though.

I'm just a professional alcoholic [Image: gay.gif]

Feel free to PM me for wine advice or other stuff
ROK Article: 5 Reasons To Have Wine On A Date
RVF Wine Thread

I've never heard of "Bitters". i wonder if they sell that stuff in Europe

Also good is asking for Fernet.

I can't believe I never heard of a bitters and soda before. I'll have to try that after work.

bitter in england is lager without gas haha

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

Thank you very much for bringing this drink to my attention. I have been having two or three of these a day at my house for the past week, and definitely see this becoming a staple for me.

I also always keep a box of Underberg bitters in my car just in case I eat something that doesn't completely agree with me.

Quote: (12-09-2012 01:26 PM)thedude3737 Wrote:  

In all the restaurants I've worked in, I've occasionally asked a bartender to make me a bitters and soda. This is kind of a bartender's cure-all for hangovers, headaches, stress, stomach problems, etc. You'll frequently see bartenders make this for themselves.

I had a bartender make one for me when I was a kid and had a bad case of hiccups.

It worked.

Thanks for reminding me about this. I will probably order one tonight.

Do you put lime in it?

Quote: (12-27-2012 02:29 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Quote: (12-09-2012 01:26 PM)thedude3737 Wrote:  

I had a bartender make one for me when I was a kid and had a bad case of hiccups.

It worked.

Thanks for reminding me about this. I will probably order one tonight.

Do you put lime in it?

Squeeze of lemon, but lime's great too

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

Okay!

Let us talk about cool things to order in a bar now.

I prefer a Manhattan or Old Fashioned.

Mannbibel - Meistgelesener Artikel: Dominiere deine Freundin im Bett
Die Rückkehr der Männlichkeit - a german blog written by Ray

Quote: (12-27-2012 05:19 PM)Mike OBrien Wrote:  

Okay!

Let us talk about cool things to order in a bar now.

I prefer a Manhattan or Old Fashioned.

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-18547.html

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

I am picking up a bottle after work. Thanks for the tip.

Bitters and Ginger Ale is my default combo.

Check out Pimp Game, Picking Up Strippers, The Fun Way!, Weaponized: Add Cold Reading to your arsenal! and Tarot Game.

Game isn’t what I use to get what I want out of women.
Game is what I use to get what I want out of life.

Glad I saw this thread again. Since I first read it I've ordered this several times. It's always a conversation starter, and it lead me to get a cute little bartender's number. It also makes you feel better if you've been hungover.

What type of soda? Selzer? Or something like sprite?

Quote: (01-06-2013 11:29 PM)kbell Wrote:  

What type of soda? Selzer? Or something like sprite?

Carbonated water basically, with sprite it'd be atrocious.

My favorite drink that girls seem to love/admire is vodka rocks with fresh mint.

A) often you get way more alcohol for your buck as the bartender doesn't love following the oz. rule on straight drinks and hooks you up a bit
B) no hangover (at least for me) with no sugary fillers
C) girl silently approves that you're "man enough" to drink straight liquor (even if it is vodka)
D) tastes delicious and refreshing
E) it's easy drinking enough that after the ice melts a good bit and the mint flavors the drink that 9 out of 10 girls will enjoy a sip of this if you offer it to them.
F) I may read too much into this, but I love the positive connotations of mint with romantic situations. I like to drop that royalty throughout history ate fresh mint leaves to keep their breath fresh, it subconsciously makes her realize that you are intellectually curious and well-read, have great oral hygiene and would be nice to make out with, etc.

My local bar didn't know what a Greyhound is.....

bump. I have been only ordering soda bitters every night after 11pm. Fantastic taste and always get interested girls aksing me what it is.

WIA- For most of men, our time being masters of our own fate, kings in our own castles is short. Even those of us in the game will eventually succumb to ease of servitude rather than deal with the malaise of solitude

I remember moving to Denver and also visiting Las Vegas and no one knew what the fuck an AMF was. Gives you some worldly looking life when even the bartender doesn't know what the hell it is.

Quote: (12-12-2012 08:00 AM)bojangles Wrote:  

bitter in england is lager without gas haha

Yep. What's the English equivalent to bitters and soda? Does anyone know?