rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How do I interpret this?

How do I interpret this?

I'm both relatively new to this forum and to actively practicing game, but I've been studying the stuff for over a year now. Anyways, only recently have I gotten over approach anxiety, and because of this I have been opening more sets and number closing various girls living on campus. One in particular lives in my dorm building, which is very convenient for me, so I figured I would see if I can follow through with this one and see if I can build attraction and work towards moving in for the kiss.

After hanging out with her twice in the building, I have noticed occasional subtle IOIs (nothing super-blatant) characteristic of a reserved girl. However, at the same time, whenever she sees a guy friend of hers (who usually also lives in the building) while we're chillin, she'll jump from where she is sitting to run and give him this huge bear hug as if she hasn't seen the guy in 30 years or something, chat for a bit, and then return to what we were talking about. I get the impression that she isn't always like this based on what I've heard form her roommates.

Should I interpret this as either:
a. Her trying to demonstrate higher value and make herself look more popular in front of me
b. Her trying to give me the hint that she's not too interested in me based on her ADD in the middle of our conversation, in which case I should stop wasting my time and move on
c. Neither of these and just ignore it

Thanks guys! Ultimately, I'll learn to interpret and calibrate for things like this, but for now, I'm still a noobie [Image: banana.gif]

How do I interpret this?

If she was hot on you, nothing would pull her away. Move on. She's rude.

How do I interpret this?

Quote: (09-18-2008 04:00 PM)Bernie Wrote:  

If she was hot on you, nothing would pull her away. Move on. She's rude.
Very likely true. at the least rude, probably she views these dudes as higher status. suggested maneuver: get her tipsy, either by just hanging out with her, or pregaming for going out, and then make a move (either at a party, or in her room). in the case of failure, abort fully, unless you like her platonic company.

How do I interpret this?

You've hung out with her twice and haven't built any attraction yet? That's what it sounded like from what you wrote. What kind of IOIs has she given you?

How do I interpret this?

Quote: (09-18-2008 11:07 PM)wintergreen Wrote:  

You've hung out with her twice and haven't built any attraction yet? That's what it sounded like from what you wrote. What kind of IOIs has she given you?

Yes, I have hung out with her twice and the reason I am posting on here is because I am having a hard time reading if the attraction has been built. I notice that she will make attempts to run into me (making it seem accidental) on occasion. She doesn't seem to mind kino (though she doesn't actively respond to it). I've been doing some teasing, which she responds to well, but never gives out any solid IOIs.

So basically she doesn't actively demonstrate interest in me, but she doesn't react negatively to kino or situations where I'm in closer proximity to her than a guy friend would be. I'm starting to think I should just move on.

How do I interpret this?

Quote: (09-19-2008 11:31 AM)leJend Wrote:  

So basically she doesn't actively demonstrate interest in me, but she doesn't react negatively to kino or situations where I'm in closer proximity to her than a guy friend would be. I'm starting to think I should just move on.

Definitely move on bro, sounds to me like she just wants to have you around and keep you around as a "friend".

How do I interpret this?

A few things. Don't mistake kindness for an IOI.

Second, the impression I'm getting here is that you're taking too long to close the deal. If you're looking for a bang then you're definitely taking too long with the game. If by now she hasn't responded favourably I see one of two things at play: your game wasn't good enough, or she's simply not interested.

I'm a strong believer that women view men as archetypes: lover, friend, provider, and etc. You have to convey the image of lover strongly from the first moment. If you haven't gotten some sort of commitment out of her after two encounters then you're either moving too slowly, or your game is ineffective, or she's simply reserved you into the friend category. So just put her on layaway and move on to the next girl. It's clear she's capable of the reaction/commitment you're trying to set up. She's bear hugging other guys. Regardless of the reason the point is she's doing it.

How do I interpret this?

She's clearly into that other guy and waiting around for him to like her when there's clearly someone else (you) willing to put the effort into her.
No big loss for you.

How do I interpret this?

Bottom line is this... in a moment of opportunity did you make a bold move? Maybe real close body language or touching? And did she respond positively? If not then you can conclude she is not into you, but at this point its pure speculation and you will get different answers from everyone.

It seems like she may not be that interested in you, and that the bear hug thing is to express interest in that other guy. But it also could mean she is making you jealous. Do you see why analyzing this type of detail is dangerous? No one will know the real answer but her and we can't exactly ask her.

Make a bold move in isolation, if you rejects you then so be it you can move on with a clear mind. Otherwise trying to guess who likes who is a speculators game.