rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Facebook attention whores

I have one of my exes on facebook (barely use it, pretty much just her and her circle were on it and I like to check it out once in a while, realizing what a bullet I dodged by not getting engaged before taking the red pill!) and have found that attention whoring seems to be all facebook is for now. Not only do they have to circle-"like" every post, be it "James was at McDonald's" or "Tanny checked in at the dermatologist's office" but my ex now posted just three letters: "OMG". She has 29 worried comments asking "everything ok, what is it?" and not updated for a day. Her friends are beside themselves it seems. Does society really not see what a waste of time and absurd ego-feed this is?

Quote: (12-01-2012 12:59 PM)Asaxon Wrote:  

Does society really not see what a waste of time and absurd ego-feed this is?

The larger part of society doesn't care. Be glad you're part of the minority.

I usually unfriend or just hide attention whore posters at the first sign. Luckily I don't have too many of these. That's the ONLY way to combat AWs, ignore them.

I do not use facebook at all except to "spy" once in a while. I am always keen to see how someone's life pans out and this girl's social circle was pretty much mine whenever I was in town so it doesn't bother me. I just find it stunning that nowadays three buttons ( "omg" ) are enough to get her beta swarms in a tizzy.

Unsubscribe is your friend. I have 60 contacts. Out of the 60, most I unsubscribe. Since I'm deployed I use it to keep up with family and old battlebuddies. I have a few boppers on there I ignore until I get into town. Don't feed the monster.

The cycle of disrespect can start with just an appetizer.

Quote: (12-01-2012 04:19 PM)TexasMade Wrote:  

Unsubscribe is your friend. I have 60 contacts. Out of the 60, most I unsubscribe. Since I'm deployed I use it to keep up with family and old battlebuddies. I have a few boppers on there I ignore until I get into town. Don't feed the monster.

Same here. I barely ever use FB and only have around 60 friends. I deny nearly all friend requests and end up deleting those I do accept shortly after for being annoying/attention whoring. They're everywhere, too. Lots of 30 year old chicks acting and gossiping like High Schoolers. Fuck that. Girls from POF love to add you on FB. Maybe to verify you are who you say you are? I dunno. I always feel weird revealing my last name to those chicks. Recently I started talking to a single Mom on POF. Italian bank teller, thick, but cute. A few days after we start talking she friend requests me. How the fuck did she find me? I never gave her my e-mail or last name. It freaked me out. I accepted her, then deleted her a few days later. She's been texting me but I haven't responded. Hopefully she can take a hint. She'll text me and say "You owe me a dinner" or "You owe me a night out." Bitch, I don't owe you shit.

I fully agree.

A girl who is above a 6, can say absolutely anything and have multiple likes/comments within the hour.

I've seen girls post stuff like "I want popcorn!", and someone will comment.

I also think facebook has brought back the high school drama in those years beyond high school.

While I like the convenience and networking aspects of Facebook, it has undeniably led to horny betas inflating the value of average looking girls. That said, typical beta behavior (liking photos, commenting "gorgeous", etc.) can open up doors for alphas looking to run aloof, contrary game on these girls if they feel it's worth their time.

Study coming soon. [Image: idea.gif]

facebook does some very interesting data work to create 'people you might know' suggestions. I've had girls tell me that guys they were cheating with, creating distance with on purpose, showed up on their 'people you might know' suggestions.

I've retired my account, one off hand comment can destroy your reputation even if your status's for the last 5 years were "opened african orphanage""saved drowning kitten""dedicated superbowl touchdown to terminally ill child". Not worth it.

Quote: (12-01-2012 04:28 PM)CMan0928 Wrote:  

Quote: (12-01-2012 04:19 PM)TexasMade Wrote:  

Same here. I barely ever use FB and only have around 60 friends. I deny nearly all friend requests and end up deleting those I do accept shortly after for being annoying/attention whoring. They're everywhere, too. Lots of 30 year old chicks acting and gossiping like High Schoolers. Fuck that. Girls from POF love to add you on FB. Maybe to verify you are who you say you are? I dunno. I always feel weird revealing my last name to those chicks. Recently I started talking to a single Mom on POF. Italian bank teller, thick, but cute. A few days after we start talking she friend requests me. How the fuck did she find me? I never gave her my e-mail or last name. It freaked me out. I accepted her, then deleted her a few days later. She's been texting me but I haven't responded. Hopefully she can take a hint. She'll text me and say "You owe me a dinner" or "You owe me a night out." Bitch, I don't owe you shit.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

I enjoy seeing all the people getting fatter and uglier. Its actually motivated me in part to get into the best shape of my life.

I remember first using Facebook around late 2004. I was living on campus. The site was at its best back then, in my opinion. Was something new and cool, mostly for just college kids. Probably why in its infancy, it was so easy to get back in touch with old friends and meet other girls from school on there both online and at times, in person. I don't even mess with it anymore. It feels like some conglomerate site that jumped the shark several times over. Not that I can blame it for happening. Just a sign of the times. I have an account, but it's deactivated. Girls that still use it, with their whole 600, 1000, or 2000 friends accounts, just do so as a virtual diary.

Facebook does have some advantages. People literally post non stop and say where they are going what they are doing. If you have friends or some interaction with people who hang around with very attractive people it can give you a way to accidentally run into someone and meet more attractive people.

I actually enjoy observing some of these interactions once in a while.

For example, a hot chick will post something as inane as 'I want dairy queen', leading to multiple likes, and a flutter of excitement in beta hearts, and even more inane comments by her friends.

RVF Fearless Coindogger Crew

My favorite post is "I'm sooooo bored =/"

Team Nachos

Quote: (12-02-2012 02:50 AM)lavidaloca Wrote:  

Facebook does have some advantages. People literally post non stop and say where they are going what they are doing. If you have friends or some interaction with people who hang around with very attractive people it can give you a way to accidentally run into someone and meet more attractive people.

I've met women on other sites, and used whatever info they've provided there (if they used their real first name and last initial, and their actual location), and searched FB to see if they had a profile there. I've often been successful. I've found that they provide more pics and info on FB than they did on say, Tagged. I've used that to learn more about them without them even knowing it. You can definitely use FB to mine data for your own purposes.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

Quote: (12-02-2012 03:48 PM)Timoteo Wrote:  

I've met women on other sites, and used whatever info they've provided there (if they used their real first name and last initial, and their actual location), and searched FB to see if they had a profile there. I've often been successful. I've found that they provide more pics and info on FB than they did on say, Tagged. I've used that to learn more about them without them even knowing it. You can definitely use FB to mine data for your own purposes.
How have you used that info to your advantage? Do you use it to meet her "accidentally" or do you use it to send a message online that just happens to hit on stuff that she loves in real life but didn't mention on her profile.

Quote: (12-02-2012 03:51 PM)jammer Wrote:  

Quote: (12-02-2012 03:48 PM)Timoteo Wrote:  

How have you used that info to your advantage? Do you use it to meet her "accidentally" or do you use it to send a message online that just happens to hit on stuff that she loves in real life but didn't mention on her profile.

I'm mostly online for meeting internationals or out-of-staters, so I don't use it to create any "chance" meetings. However, it is useful to "accidentally" touch on interests that she hasn't mentioned. Or maybe she's got better, more recent pics on FB so you can get a better idea of what she looks like for real. Things like that.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

Why does Facebook not have a dislike or "mark as useless" button? I would certainly press that a lot... Maybe start a "fuck off book" site where you can "enemy" people instead of friending them...

Facebook is a self aggrandizement machine. Funniest part of it is when I see people from my HS class posting pics of their kids. People don't even realize they gave up the best years of their lives.

Reppin the Jersey Shore.

Being over 40, I find it funny how all the women I went to high school and college with have to validate eachothers looks. Everyday I see, "Oh you looks so sexy" or "your skin looks beautiful"--- its a joke. Honestly, I'd say about 2 out of 10 women I went to high school or college with have kept it together.

Today, the wife of one of my oldest friends posted a pic. Back in the day she was a solid 8. Now she's 50/51 yrs old and looks every bit of her age. What saves her is that she's in decent shape, keeps her hair nice and dresses better than most 50 yr olds. By the way, my friend is 43, a bit beta, and was lonely. They married 2 yrs ago. So anyway, she posts this pic and gets about 20 positive comments in 10 minutes--the best comment being how her face is so smooth. I'm thinking "hey you people don't see the wrinkles!" And all the dudes from back in the day are always using the "sexy" comment.

I read somewhere that the value of a woman over 40 is only high when the man knew her in her prime. And Facebook proves that everyday.

you know what's really gross?

being on the receiving end of these hags' attention whoring & sexual flirtation.

you mean beta guys who make girls that look like this think they're attractive?

[Image: 20pcyf6.png]

Quote: (12-02-2012 09:14 PM)maccc Wrote:  

LOL EXACTLY!

I don't comment on a girls FB photos, especially when they're a 6 like the woman in that photo. But I'd still fuck her. She isn't THAT bad....

*Scratch the 6 comment. She's a 5.

Shapoklyak? [Image: confused.gif]

"The whole point of being alpha, is doing what the fuck you want.
That's why you see real life alphas without chicks. He's doing him.

Real alphas don't tend to have game. They don't tend to care about the emotional lives of the people around them."

-WIA