rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

For the next 2 years, which city should I live in?

Whats up Fellas?

Im applying for a program and I will be based in 1 of the 10 cities listed here:

New York City
Bay Area
Miami
Houston
Chicago
Atlanta
Los Angelos
San Diego
Las Vegas
Memphis
Phoenix

If you could, please rank them 1-11, with 1 being the best and 11 being the worst, for where you would want to live as a 25 year old man for the next 2 years.

Im looking to go to a cool/interesting/fun city, and would like to work on my Latin Dancing and Spanish Speaking. Cost of living isnt going to matter.

I know this is super last minute, but any advice by tonight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Some things I'm thinking right now:

Miami - I've been there twice and really enjoy it. I really feel like I'm in a different country when Im there and I KNOW i could be immersed in the Spanish Language and Latin Dancing.

Houston - Seems like there is a great diversity of women there. Plus a lot of rappers that KNOW the game come from Houston, so I figure atleast there are atleast some respectable dudes I could chop it up with. Haha I know that last part sounds dumb, but from the music that comes from Houston, I really like the vibe and feel of it. I've never been to Houston so I cant verify though.

New York City - Been there 8+ times, really love the place EXCEPT for the cold weather in the winter. I like how I can ride the subway or walk for 10 minutes and feel like im in a new city. So much to do.

Phoenix - Im a big fan of the weather in the Southwest, and with Arizona State College within 5 minutes, I know I'll enjoy it a bunch women wise.

Las Vegas - Been there 4+ times, like the city and the strip alot, always something to do, but dont know what it would be like to live there permanately.

Memphis - I only put this city down because I love music and soo many artists come from there. I feel like there would be a good vibe to the city and tons of interesting people to meet, but I've never been there.

San Diego- Great weather year around, lots of good looking chicks, lots of spanish and latin dancing. I havent been there but my best friends gf lives there so he's given me some insight.

Los Angelos - I dont know if I would want to live there, as I've never been there, and I dont know if I can handle the people. But it is a huge city known world wide, and if I have to live somewhere for this program, it wouldnt be a bad choice.

San Francisco/Bay Area - Another awesome city. Only been once, but really liked the feel of the place. Really open minded and accepting. I question if the soft culture will start to piss me off, but I do appreciate it for what it is.

Chicago - Another huge city that would have tons to do. I know a good amount of people there and have been there twice. The weather is awful though and I really want to be warm year round. But I have to mark down 10 cities to choose from, so Chicago is on the list over other cold places with less to do like Detroit or Cleveland.

Atlanta- I'm half black, so I had to look into Atlanta. I've never lived or visited there, so I really know nothing about the city. But from people I know who visited, all enjoyed the city.

Thats basically all I have for now. I'm really trying to look for: Warm Weather, Interesting City, Spanish langauge, Latin Dancing, Cool people.

Once again, any help or insight on any of the cities would be greatly appreciated!

Quote: (11-30-2012 11:06 AM)Adam Michaels Wrote:  

Whats up Fellas?

Im applying for a program and I will be based in 1 of the 10 cities listed here:

New York City
Bay Area
Miami
Houston
Chicago
Atlanta
Los Angelos
San Diego
Las Vegas
Memphis
Phoenix

If you could, please rank them 1-11, with 1 being the best and 11 being the worst, for where you would want to live as a 25 year old man for the next 2 years.

Im looking to go to a cool/interesting/fun city, and would like to work on my Latin Dancing and Spanish Speaking. Cost of living isnt going to matter.

I know this is super last minute, but any advice by tonight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

1# NYC if you want to meet single girls...you have to live in Manhattan if you want to really live in NYC....only con on NYC, you will face and encounter indian troll in the wild and less known cousin the Pakistani troll. similar trolling.....

Remove bay area from list...too expensive, too many tech people (unless you admire tim ferris), if you like asian girls, this is the place to be, if you like hippie chick this is the place to be....if you lik pretty girls, this is not the place to be..foggy and rains alot.

Houston sucks - humidity will kill you, alot of pollution due to Exxon headquartrs, plus there is big population of indian trolls...this is not an option.

Atlanta - very humid, alot of black people. If you like black girls this is the place to be...if not, this is not the place to be. The city is very segregated.

Why move to Chicago when you can live in NYC. Same weather. same outcome....you only live once, go to NYC. Chicago has alot of indian troll potential, not as big as houston.

San Diego great weather, alot of pretty girls like to live in this area, city is very white and latino...if you like white chicks that are blonde...if you like latino chicks this is also an option...this is a good option overall.....A very happy place...Donald the corrupt Rumsfeld lives in San diego now....

Memphis - no data on this, but I would think it is similar to Atlanta.

Miami, very humid, great beaches, great seafood, if you like black and latino chicks this is the place. If you like white chicks, not alot of them here.....city is very south american...lack of indian troll plus 1, due to lack of white women.

Phoenix - its good if your white. very republican values, alot of white girls from the midwest, if you like white girls this is the place. ASU party is mainly social circle. city is very spread out. Lack of central downtown life. i don't recommend, from slow city...if you like slow desert life, very cheap living....

las vegas......if you like mma this is the city for that....alot of latino chicks, alot of immigrants...great airport, cheap flights to anywhere in the world.

alot of tourist game. best thing about las vegas...indian trolls do not like to live here. perhaps lack of white local women.

Los Angeles,,,probably a number 3 behind NYC and San diego...city is spread out, hard to meet girls due to logistics, you have to drive and fight traffic. LA created traffic jam....

Alot of diverse girls. If you like persian, armenian girls this is the place. If you like latino girls this is the place. If you like asian girls...this is the place....if you like white girls...this is the place...if you like black girls this is the place...if you like jewish girls this is the place..

Haha great data Jerome!

I didnt want to put some of these cities, but I have to give them a list with 10 cities, so I had to add cities like Atlanta and Chicago and Memphis. If it wasnt them, it woulda been places in oklahoma, ohio, south dakota, and I have ZERO desire to go to those hell holes.

Girl wise, I understand where your coming from with the Bay Area. I cant handle those chicks either.

Right now in my "Most important" list is: New York City, San Diego, Los Angelos, and Miami. Those are the only cities I want, but once again, I have to give them 10 cities so I had to add other cities to the list.

Im a big fan of "exotic" or "international" women looks wise. But as i have gotten older, my number 1 requirement is that a women "Acts Right". If she is bitching or feels entitled, its not worth the bang. I'm currently in a big north east city, and its overabundant in Entitled women who were always "daddies little princess" and have forever been catered to. I dealt with it for a while, but once I started traveling and dating international women, I realized that all women werent Cunty and have since retired the Entitled American Women no matter how good looking they are.

But anyways, I appreciate the data you dropped, and will definately take it into consideration.

I was just reading THIS thread, and they talked high on Houston. I'll have to do more research.

no question about: NYC.

there's more to do in the 8 square miles that is manhattan then there is in the rest of the other cities you listed combined.

Quote: (11-30-2012 11:56 AM)HiFlo Wrote:  

no question about: NYC.

there's more to do in the 8 square miles that is manhattan then there is in the rest of the other cities you listed combined.

Thanks HiFlo, appreciate the contribution.

NYC is high on my list. Theres a reason I've been to the city 8 times in the last year, I love the place. I just really dont like cold weather. Last winter, there were times I thought I was miserable getting around in NYC. I know I sound like a pussy, but I'll trade the activity of NYC for great weather year round.

Nevertheless, NYC will be in my "Tier 1" cities when I submit my list. Thanks again.

For me personally, with the main + and - points:

New York City (+ nightlife and diversity, - nothing)

Chicago (+ nightlife and diversity, - biting cold)

Miami (+ nightlife and weather, - not very diverse: cuban refugees, retirees and rich latino players)

LA (+ diversity and laid back culture, - horrible nightlife and infrastructure)

Vegas (+ weather, holiday atmosphere, - mostly mid-life crisis players and transient people)

Bay Area (+ nothing, - either very smug 'smart' people or hippies)

Haven't been to the others.

I live in Phoenix , and dude .. stay away lol. The women here are the most stuck up, unfriendly, money hungry , shallow women I have ever met and there are 24,000 more men than women in Phoenix. Lots of hotties , but they play games way too much and almost every approach I have done the girl has a man ..

I am moving as well .. I hear Charleston SC and Fort Worth Texas are good spots.

Good Luck

1) NYC
2) Chicago
3) LA
4) San Diego
5) Miami
6) Houston
7) Bay Area

Don't know enough about the rest to rank

you applying for mba?

i would say LA. but it depends how much cash you got. if you gonna go out alot in west hollywood etc.

Quote: (11-30-2012 11:32 AM)jerome Wrote:  

Quote: (11-30-2012 11:06 AM)Adam Michaels Wrote:  

Whats up Fellas?

New York City
Bay Area
Miami
Houston
Chicago
Atlanta
Los Angelos
San Diego
Las Vegas
Memphis
Phoenix

Thanks!

1# NYC if you want to meet single girls...you have to live in Manhattan if you want to really live in NYC....only con on NYC, you will face and encounter indian troll in the wild and less known cousin the Pakistani troll. similar trolling.....

Remove bay area from list...too expensive, too many tech people (unless you admire tim ferris), if you like asian girls, this is the place to be, if you like hippie chick this is the place to be....if you lik pretty girls, this is not the place to be..foggy and rains alot.

Houston sucks - humidity will kill you, alot of pollution due to Exxon headquartrs, plus there is big population of indian trolls...this is not an option.

Atlanta - very humid, alot of black people. If you like black girls this is the place to be...if not, this is not the place to be. The city is very segregated.

Why move to Chicago when you can live in NYC. Same weather. same outcome....you only live once, go to NYC. Chicago has alot of indian troll potential, not as big as houston.

San Diego great weather, alot of pretty girls like to live in this area, city is very white and latino...if you like white chicks that are blonde...if you like latino chicks this is also an option...this is a good option overall.....A very happy place...Donald the corrupt Rumsfeld lives in San diego now....

Memphis - no data on this, but I would think it is similar to Atlanta.

Miami, very humid, great beaches, great seafood, if you like black and latino chicks this is the place. If you like white chicks, not alot of them here.....city is very south american...lack of indian troll plus 1, due to lack of white women.

Phoenix - its good if your white. very republican values, alot of white girls from the midwest, if you like white girls this is the place. ASU party is mainly social circle. city is very spread out. Lack of central downtown life. i don't recommend, from slow city...if you like slow desert life, very cheap living....

las vegas......if you like mma this is the city for that....alot of latino chicks, alot of immigrants...great airport, cheap flights to anywhere in the world.

alot of tourist game. best thing about las vegas...indian trolls do not like to live here. perhaps lack of white local women.

Los Angeles,,,probably a number 3 behind NYC and San diego...city is spread out, hard to meet girls due to logistics, you have to drive and fight traffic. LA created traffic jam....

Alot of diverse girls. If you like persian, armenian girls this is the place. If you like latino girls this is the place. If you like asian girls...this is the place....if you like white girls...this is the place...if you like black girls this is the place...if you like jewish girls this is the place..

This is true, but keep in mind that in LA it seems like a lot of the hottest diverse girls generally roll with their own kind . There are a lot of diverse girls here, but if thats what you are interested in I think you would be better off in San Francisco where everybody in the city is more or less meshed together - the ghetto ass tender loin in S.F. is only a 5 minute walk from the "nice" neighborhood -- in LA neighborhoods with some type of predominant ethnicity is 30 min away from any other neighborhoods Unfortunately, some of the hottest latinas Ive seen in LA are living in neighborhoods with other South Americans which may not be that close to your location.

Not to say there aren't exceptions, but I really think that its easier to sail through different flavors of girls in San Francisco because everybody takes the bus together and walks on the same streets together. In LA the different neighborhoods are far away and divided. Its just like in that movie "Crash."

I appreciate all the Feedback, thanks guys. You brought up a lot of good points.

Obviously I ranked the cities off what I find important, and that turned into a combination of great year-long weather (so I can ride a motorcyle or bike and workout outside) and things to do in the city. Women slightly factor in, but I've become very opportunistic in the game. I will find the pockets of sweet/feminine/conservative/international women. If I can find them in my current city, I know I can find them anywhere.

Heres my final list:

1. Miami
2. San Diego
3. Bay Area
4. NYC
5. Phoenix
6. LA
7. Atlanta
8. Houston
9. Chicago
10. Las Vegas

I'll find out next month if I get accepted and what city I'll be posted in and I'll update the thread.

Looking back, I wish I had ranked Houston higher, probably in the 3 spot. The Bay Area should have been down near the bottom. I also wish I would have bumped up Phoenix.

The Bay Area will be painful for me because I cant stand corny dudes anymore. And with all the corny dudes, I know the women in that area arent held to any type of discpline or respect so they are probably running wild. I dont feel like having to train every chick I meet on 'how to act right'.

Houston seems cooler now because of the low cost of living. I also respect a lot of the rappers out of houston. I know that sounds like a super odd reason to like a season, but these dudes know the game and are respectable. I would like to believe there is a current of realness amond the men of that city, and I would like to be able to tap into that and chop it up with some like minded guys.

The only thing I hate more than cunty women is corny dudes. When I submitted the list I was just valuing the looks of women instead of thinking more about their attitudes. This could come back to bite me in the ass, but only time will tell.

Thanks again guys.

Quote: (11-30-2012 11:30 AM)Adam Michaels Wrote:  

Some things I'm thinking right now:

San Diego- Great weather year around, lots of good looking chicks, lots of spanish and latin dancing. I havent been there but my best friends gf lives there so he's given me some insight.

San Diego does not have "lots of spanish and latin dancing".

Not sure who steered you wrong on this.

San Diego is nothing like Miami in that respect.

If money isn't an issue and girls/nightlife was my main concern, then my choice would be as follows:

Miami
New York
Las Vegas
Los Angeles
San Diego
Chicago
Pheonix
Atlanta
Memphis
Houston

Not sure why you are so interested in Houston. I lived there for almost a year and hated it. The only part of town with decent nightlife is Midtown (which is expensive to live in), and even Midtown is hit or miss in terms of nightlife. I guess if you want to pick a place that is cheap to live, Houston could be ok (but you said earlier cost of living wasn't an issue).

As for dudes, why do you care so much about the dudes? Houston is pretty damn spread out, so meeting up with people is going to get in the way of making friends. I assume you applied to University of Houston or Rice? You can sometimes see cute chicks in Rice Villiage, but again it is hit or miss because Rice is a relatively small school. As for U of H, that school is in a ghetto area. Enough said.

I think NYC is the best overall, but also hate cold weather. I started working from home a year ago so I also had the choice to live anywhere. I settled on Miami Beach and do not regret it.

IMO south beach is more diverse than the rest of Miami. Lots of European white girls with the hot ass latinas. Also if youre feeling like youre missing midwestern white girls, Ft Laudy is a 30 min drive. The other sticking pointI had with NYC is the expense, manhattan is ridic. South Beach isnt cheap either but for 2k you can get a SICK place (1300 or so with a roommate) plus no state income tax which was a $500 a month difference for me.

Im glad DC wasnt on your list [Image: smile.gif]. though its a great place to get a job then GTFO

Also the weather in the summer is pretty brutal but it depends on your preferences. Personally Ill take humid as fuck over cold as fuck anyday. I moved in July and honestly expected worse. The high 70s dewpoints scared me but the tstorms and bay breeze cool things off. Plus its been near perfect weather the past 3-4 months, absolutely awesome

Seems 'indian troll' now just means any Indian person and is a convenient way to express racist attitudes without being accused of such

Wouldn't be acceptable if someone said avoid Miami too many blacks, LA you may run into Latinos Yet the equivalent gets written above

Quote: (12-20-2012 11:29 PM)_DC_ Wrote:  

IMO south beach is more diverse than the rest of Miami. Lots of European white girls with the hot ass latinas. Also if youre feeling like youre missing midwestern white girls, Ft Laudy is a 30 min drive. The other sticking pointI had with NYC is the expense, manhattan is ridic. South Beach isnt cheap either but for 2k you can get a SICK place (1300 or so with a roommate) plus no state income tax which was a $500 a month difference for me.

What do you mean by "SICK"?

Quote:Quote:

Also the weather in the summer is pretty brutal but it depends on your preferences. Personally Ill take humid as fuck over cold as fuck anyday. I moved in July and honestly expected worse. The high 70s dewpoints scared me but the tstorms and bay breeze cool things off. Plus its been near perfect weather the past 3-4 months, absolutely awesome

Never been to Miami in Summer.

How was it?

Were people still going out tons regardless of the heat?

Quote: (12-23-2012 06:48 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Quote: (12-20-2012 11:29 PM)_DC_ Wrote:  

What do you mean by "SICK"?

Quote:Quote:

Never been to Miami in Summer.

How was it?

Were people still going out tons regardless of the heat?

Agreed, SOBE is more diverse, most of Dade is all the same. If you are willing to go to North Beach / Surfside area you can get a very nice townhouse for $1800. Or, cross the bridge to Brickell and get a 20th floor loft with CSI Miami type views for $1700.

Miami in the summer sucks IMO. I spent the better part of the last 10 years down there. It is too hot and the lowest common denominator comes to vacation because it is off season and cheap.

South Beach Jan 1st to April 1st is prime time.

To the OP - did you say where you are from? My vote is NYC. I know you want warm but you can jump a bird to MIA for a few 3 day weekends to thaw out through the winter. Two years in a place is a piece of cake. I'm of the school of thought (now) that you should not make life decisions based upon weather. Save that for vacation.

Quote: (12-01-2012 06:18 PM)philly22 Wrote:  

1) NYC
2) Chicago
3) LA
4) San Diego
5) Miami
6) Houston
7) Bay Area

Don't know enough about the rest to rank

pretty much my exact same list...probably delete Houston since I've never been there. I'd put Vegas last, since its more a playground for a weekend than an actual city I could live in.

I might put Chicago above NY though since I have found it extremely easy to pick up there and people are a little more down to earth and less rough around the edges. Your money will take you further as well.