rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

ACLU and Women in Combat

ACLU and Women in Combat

So a group of former and current female military members and the ACLU have sued the Defense Department over their policy on not allowing women to fill certain combat jobs.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2012...-exclusion

Here is my take from first hand experience:

Quote:Quote:

The total weight for a soldier can range from 63 to more than 130 pounds depending on the mission. The average soldier’s load includes a weapon, ammunition, helmet and a rucksack, plus the weight of his body armor.

This sounds about right, I was involved in missions that lasted two weeks + and my load was nearing 100lbs. No way could a women hump that up a mountain at 8000ft.

Meanwhile, French, German, Danish, and Canadian women are now serving in their countries direct ground combat forces.

Hah! I was involved in a major operation in Afghanistan where among others, Canadian infantry were supporting. They had around 10 female soldiers that were inserted into the mountains and EVERY LAST ONE had to be medevaced back for exhaustion, rolled ankles, mountain sickness, ect.

Our clients in this case have served in capacities where they're shot at by enemy fire, they're engaged, they're attached to combat units,' she adds. 'They're fighting in exactly the same circumstances as men but they're not recognized for that work.

True that, I remember seeing a Military Police chick open up with a .50 cal with no hesitation. She WAS recognized and was awarded an appropriate medal for her actions. She was also about 5'1" and 110lbs, if she would have not had a mode of transportation and only her two feet and double her body weight in gear she would have been a liability.

What do y'all think?

ACLU and Women in Combat

Shit, duplicate thread. Looks like we posted a few minutes apart

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-18134.html