rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The path of teaching yourself...

I noticed that every time I try to implement another person's game I fuck up consistently.

I started with opinion openers..

Asked a girl if she would sleep with Jesus as an opener....

Peacocked, negged...

Used the "you look foreign" opener and ran through every god damn planet in the world..

Signed up with Brad P and did horse girl opener (look it up) until the night a girl thought I called her a horse and she punched me in the face (left with bloody nose and talking my way out of jail since the bitch said I hit her to the police officer).

I think I'm stuck with learning how to do it on my own.

Any advice on how to best do this?

find a school(s) that you like and adapt it to your own style. the word for word thing is inly really usrful in teaching you the underlying mechanism.

for example:
"are you german" is just fucking weird for my personality so it is replaced with my own more congruent line. then continue as per normal.

You are on the right path by realizing you have to figure out something that works for you. Meditation to quite the mind helps. Observe more and say less. I don’t get the gimmick of saying stupid things to a perfect stranger when this is the stage when you need to establish trust. The woman who hit you was a more valuable teacher than the junk you are reading.

Rico... Sauve....

Are you smiling and projecting a fun vibe when you open with these things?
A lot of the time the actual opener doesn't really matter.

A lot of what you wrote seems like "outdated" game. At least you're practicing and trying to get better. As for learning it on your own we ALL have to do that for a great majority of time, unless you're a born natural (very rare). Prior to this a newbie works on his wardrobe, hairstyle, and body language to see what fits him better. Like Roosh wrote in his blog, when we all start we're basically like a xerox machine copying the examples of other known players and finding out what works and what doesnt. Eventually we mold together what we've found out works for us the majority of the time and create our own game style based on that foundation. I think once a player has a stable foundation he can more easily adapt to different situations.

You know what I learned in college??? How to teach myself...Thats what college professors do.They present you with an abundance of information and then leave it up to you to decide what to take away from it and how to apply that knowledge.

Quote: (11-27-2012 01:08 PM)IQVX Wrote:  

Are you smiling and projecting a fun vibe when you open with these things?
A lot of the time the actual opener doesn't really matter.

I agree. I think I am friendly, smiling, and making myself open to conversation I should be okay with just saying hello.

I think I'll just go out, fuck up, and report my results daily. I got a journal and I plan on writing in it. If I hit a huge road block I'll hit up the forum for advice.

Try everything, get a feel for what you are comfortable with, identify what works and doesn't work fro you. Build skills and confidence from there.

Identify successful guys with a personality similar to yours, model yourself after them.

Quote: (11-28-2012 11:58 AM)Captain Ahab Wrote:  

I should be okay with just saying hello.

Often times, this is the best opener, just smile and say "hi".

If she is not moving, she will likely smile and say hi back. Conversation started.

Quote: (11-28-2012 10:50 AM)TheMachinist Wrote:  

You know what I learned in college??? How to teach myself...Thats what college professors do.They present you with an abundance of information and then leave it up to you to decide what to take away from it and how to apply that knowledge.

I hear what you're sayin man, but the difference is in college you have grades as a yardstick of performance. I've found it's much much tougher when the only one judging your performance is yourself and you have no 'mentor' to urge you on, challenge you, etc.

Personally, I find I'm too tough on myself and that ends up depressing me. For example, let's say you only normally get 1 girl/month, but with a lot of effort you get 2-3 girls/month. This is 200% or 300% improvement for YOU, but then since it's me I compare myself to a couple guys I know who are really cool and have huge social circles and get laid by a new girl at least once per weekend without even trying. Then I get depressed as fuck lol.

[Image: ouroboros.jpg]

Quote: (11-28-2012 01:26 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  

Try everything, get a feel for what you are comfortable with, identify what works and doesn't work fro you. Build skills and confidence from there.

Identify successful guys with a personality similar to yours, model yourself after them.

Quote: (11-28-2012 11:58 AM)Captain Ahab Wrote:  

I should be okay with just saying hello.

Often times, this is the best opener, just smile and say "hi".

If she is not moving, she will likely smile and say hi back. Conversation started.

Exactly- It's not so much about what you say; rather that you SAY SOMETHING.

you sound like you just started and are looking for a 'secret'
(in this case, a magical line that will turn her head and fall in love with you instantly)
there is no such thing called secret in any other part of your life.

Don't listen to those guys promising you the result (how much did you pay for Brad P btw?)
It's like going to a seminar that talks about turing you into a millionaire instantly.

Don't look for the secret and keep it to the basics
(if you want to lose weight, are you going to keep trying different special method like greet tea diet OR you know you should just work out at least 3 times a week while eating healthy and the results will come?)