rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Web Design

Web Design

Don't know if any of you guys already do this, but web design is an awesome job if you want to make some money. I've been doing it for about 6 months now and I made quite some money just from working at home. I simply made 2 templates (after some learning time) and put them up for sale at a web design marketplace. If you have a good eye for design and understand what people are looking for you can make good money. Here's an example of what I made:

WordPress vCard

This item also got me a few freelance jobs.

If you have any questions please let me know, I'll be happy to answer them.

Web Design

How did you market it to get 260+ sales? What percentage does ThemeForest pay?

Was always curious how so many themes on there have thousands of sales. Do you have to market it yourself, or does ThemeForest do a pretty good job of driving sales to your themes automatically?

Web Design

I didn't do any marketing at all. They do a pretty good job of getting customers to their themes. Keep in mind they're a multi million dollar company and they spend a lot of that on marketing.

For starters they take 50%. Sounds like a lot but that does get you a lot of customers. The more you sell the more you can keep for yourself. I'm currently at 52%.

Web Design

I've been thinking of getting back into Web Design.
But it would be such a side hustle that I don't think I got get things done on time.

Do you just build to sell? or do you get request on specifics and then build for a client?

I could easily write something like a Vcard and display it. But If someone asked me to write something by request. I already have a busy day to finish before I even get to sit in front of a computer

I am the cock carousel

Web Design

Quote: (11-21-2012 04:55 PM)Sourcecode Wrote:  

I've been thinking of getting back into Web Design.
But it would be such a side hustle that I don't think I got get things done on time.

Do you just build to sell? or do you get request on specifics and then build for a client?

I could easily write something like a Vcard and display it. But If someone asked me to write something by request. I already have a busy day to finish before I even get to sit in front of a computer

With ThemeForest it's all up to you. This vCard took me like 4 weeks I guess, since it was my first ever. You can take as long as you want and then submit it. The amount of sales will depend on the quality of your item and your support.

You can click the link to see what I made. It's pretty easy to get started. Great way for some side money (or full time, some guys make a damn lot of money).

Web Design

Nice work! Can you tell me about the process? Was it like this PSD -> HTML/CSS -> Wordpress Integration
Where did you learn about coding themes in WP?

Web Design

Quote: (11-21-2012 08:05 PM)Freedom Wrote:  

Nice work! Can you tell me about the process? Was it like this PSD -> HTML/CSS -> Wordpress Integration
Where did you learn about coding themes in WP?

Hi, sure. I started with a PSD design, after deciding on what I was going to make. Once that was done I started coding it with HTML and CSS. I also have that one for sale: HTML version It's doing quite well as you can see.

I learned WordPress from several Getting Started tutorials, but mostly from looking at other themes and seeing how they handled it. Trial and error gets you a long way.

Web Design

I want to do this. Where should I begin?

Web Design

Quote: (11-25-2012 04:40 PM)MidniteSpecial Wrote:  

I want to do this. Where should I begin?

Research. Follow tutorials. Figure out what you want to make. Learn HTML and CSS. Take a look at the themes that sell well and try to figure out why they do so well. Design what you want to make and learn how to code it.

If you have any specific questions feel free to ask me. It starts with a lot of practice.

Web Design

Damn, nice sales figures. What do you think contributed to the success of your theme? There's a loooot of competition on there and I see a lot of nice looking themes offering much of what the top sellers do that never make it past a few dozen sales.

The Envato marketplace is a total game changer. I've been on the buying side lately and the quality you can get on there for web assets is just unreal. Win / win / win.

EDIT: Also, has anyone ever bought the Extended License?

Web Design

Quote: (11-25-2012 05:01 PM)Rah Wrote:  

Damn, nice sales figures. What do you think contributed to the success of your theme? There's a loooot of competition on there and I see a lot of nice looking themes offering much of what the top sellers do that never make it past a few dozen sales.

The Envato marketplace is a total game changer. I've been on the buying side lately and the quality you can get on there for web assets is just unreal. Win / win / win.

EDIT: Also, has anyone ever bought the Extended License?
I'm not completely sure to be honest. My thoughts: specific niche (personal site/vcard), fully responsive (pretty standard now), good-looking resume page and also the charisma of the dude whose picture I used (it gives people a good feeling).

Haven't sold an Extended License yet. That would be awesome haha.

Web Design

Nice. Did you model the theme after an already successful seller?

For guys who don't design or code but have capital: you could hire someone else to build the themes, you just need to find good talent (and be willing to pay for it) because the bar is high. But you have very clear examples of what to give the designers (themes that sell well). That could mean some nice passive income. I'm thinking about this myself, might start with building them myself until I find some success, then shop it out.

Web Design

OP. Thank you for making this thread.

Question: If I'm good with HTML and CSS for web design, how can I start? Do I make random Wordpress templates and upload them to ThemeForrest, then wait for them to attract me customers?