rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Can some one explain this body language to me?

I am pretty good at reading body language but I can't interpret this gem:

When I walk around college campus I have noticed several girls repeating a pattern : they notice me approaching, then they drop their head down and it almost looks like they are looking at their toes. It's like they become shy and hoping to pass me by unnoticed. Sometimes their hair falls over their face too. What is it with looking down? [Image: undecided.gif]

Is this a sign of attraction or the opposite?

I've read if a female looks right at you making strong eye contact - it basically means aggression, she doesn't like you.

I've noticed this with guys and girls. I think they are scared/intimidated.

Americans don't make eye contact now. Text messaging has become the dominant form of communication.

I googled it for you

Looking Down While in the Presence of Others – usually indicates disinterest. Sometimes it’s even interpreted as a casual sign of arrogance. Always look straight ahead and make eye contact when you see someone you know.

http://www.marcandangel.com/2008/07/07/2...-to-avoid/

Team Nachos

It doesn't mean anything. They are in their own world

It could mean several things but there is a good chance that in some cases it means they think you are cute but are not confident enough to actually express this via eye contact. Girl making strong eye contact most likely means she is also into you. In my experience girls don't look at strangers who they are not attracted to.

Do you look strange or intimidating when your approach?

If you never try you will never know.

It means the bitch's shoe is untied.

Try to open them asking for help in some way --where is building X, where's event Y, where do you get Z...

It's hard to tell what it means until you attempt to engage them further.

"Alpha children wear grey. They work much harder than we do, because they're so frightfully clever. I'm awfully glad I'm a Beta, because I don't work so hard. And then we are much better than the Gammas and Deltas. Gammas are stupid. They all wear green, and Delta children wear khaki. Oh no, I don't want to play with Delta children. And Epsilons are still worse. They're too stupid to be able to read or write. Besides they wear black, which is such a beastly color. I'm so glad I'm a Beta."
--Aldous Huxley, Brave New World

I always thought people were intimidated by me if they looked down. Its a sign of submission. You'll look at them, they'll make eyecontact and look down. Its almost always nerdier looking girls and herbs that won't make eye contact.

Quote: (11-06-2012 09:08 PM)Wayout Wrote:  

I am pretty good at reading body language but I can't interpret this gem:

When I walk around college campus I have noticed several girls repeating a pattern : they notice me approaching, then they drop their head down and it almost looks like they are looking at their toes. It's like they become shy and hoping to pass me by unnoticed. Sometimes their hair falls over their face too. What is it with looking down? [Image: undecided.gif]

Is this a sign of attraction or the opposite?

I've read if a female looks right at you making strong eye contact - it basically means aggression, she doesn't like you.

Yeah, on average this does not indicate interest. Typically it suggests the opposite - an unwillingness to even accidentally cue an interest in you and deal with the consequences. Because girls are, by masculine standards, cowards.

Well. So what? Approach anyway. Most of us are beyond college age and can say that in your position, when in doubt, approach. You're young as fuck.

Some possibilities (one or a combination of the options below):

1. Interested but is shy about it
2. Is seeing if you're checking her out (girls let their hair fall down and peek through to see if you're checking them out)
3. Not interested
4. They're intimidated because you're either scary looking / intimidating / etc.

With that being said, there are so many nuances (obviously), so I would do what everyone else is saying: Just approach and see what happens instead of overthinking it.

I guess that could be an opener. I can ask a girl the same question and get her opinion on the subject. I am not college age, way past 30's. I go to the gym there though so I am not just creeping around. Short and average looking I guess. I am not intimidating, probably the opposite.