rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Vitoria Brazil

Vitoria Brazil

Alright, here is a breakdown of Vitoria, ES Brazil. Let me just say before you read this that I had friends out there that showed me around and had a beach house, so I was already kinda set up and your experience may be much different.

First of all, if you can, go down there between the begining of Janurary and Carnival. This will be summer and is when everyone is out of school. Try to get in good with someone who has a beach house or friends with beach houses in Guarapari. Guarapari will probably be the place you will be spending most of your weekends. It's about a 40-50 minute drive from Vitoria and the bus will probably only cost you $10-20. It was one of the biggest night clubs in South America called Mais. I actually didn't even make it to Mais, but everyone says it is awesome. I did go to the other club Lua Azul, and it was real good. Everyone says Mais is better. The women here are amazing. Everyone in Vitoria and the neighboring cities goes to Guarapari for the weekends....

The clubs to go to in Vitoria are going to be Casa (More upper class snobby girls, but very beautiful) or Sao Firmino. The girls in Sao Firmino aren't as snobby as the girls in Casa, but that still doesn't mean they will be easy to get with. Go before 11 o clock because you will be able to score a consumpcao pass, which means you will be able to enter and drink R$50 worth of alcohol. But either way you are going to pay the R$50 even if you don't drink that much (The amount varies night to night. Average mixed drink is around R$9-10). If not, you are probably going to be paying almost 50 to get in anyways. Another good reason to go before 11 (especially Casa Clube) is because there is usually a good 5 to 1 girl to guy ratio early in the night. Later on the guys start packing in....

There are is also a good section of town with a bunch of bars. It's going to be by Praia de Costa I beleive is the neighborhood. Gaming here is going to be a little harder because for the most part people are at tables in groups. Usually around 12 though when everyone is already drunk people start to get up and dance around. The bars are pretty fun here.

The main beach, Praia Camburi is not nice. It is pretty polluted and I don't advise going in the water. If you feel like going into the water go to Ilha Da Boi (Not sure on the spelling there). It's on one of the two islands that are probably the wealthiest neighborhoods in town. The beaches in the neighboring city, Vila Velha are nice and you will find a wide variety of very beautiful women there.

As far as eating goes, there are a lot of places that do by the Kilo. A good one I went to in Jardim Cambori neighborhood was called Come Come. There are various laid out all around the city though. I usually went to the by the kilo places for lunch (Which is the biggest meal in Brazil). Most of them have all sorts of meet on the Bar B Que cooking as well as a buffett. You will end up paying around R$15 (US$7.50ish) to get full.

One affordable hotel I know of is Pousada Lord Camburi. It's right outside of Jardim Camburi, in Serra. You could literally throw a rock and hit Vitoria and it's a pretty decent location as far as doing things during the day. Most things at night are pretty far away. A good bar to go to in this neighborhood is called Amazem (Again spelling). There are no hostels in Vitoria, and the cheapest hotel room you are going to find is going to cost you around US$35 a night (If you can find anything cheaper let me know)

One thing that I really enjoyed out there was a samba party I went to that they throw every Sunday. I can't remember where it was or the name though unfortunately. I will ask the girl I went with about it though.

Vitoria was my favorite place I went to in Brazil. The women were the most beautiful I had seen, but also some of the hardest to get with. From what my friend says, the reason why is because it is a small city, everyone knows everyone and the girls don't want to be known as sluts. I am fairly sure that even if you don't know people there, you are still bound to have a good time. It is easy to make guy friends, which is a good thing to do because they will probably know girls and be able to show you what's up with Vitoria. I hope this helped you guys out if you plan on going. Let me know if you want to know anything more.

Vitoria Brazil

Thanks for the write up.

I put mine up on the blog a while ago: http://www.rooshv.com/vitoria-brazil-tra...e-for-guys

It's a good city to stay for a while, as the girls take time to crack.

Vitoria Brazil

Yeah, I saw that you had written up on Vitoria. G requested I do a little write up in the forum. It is a great town man. Not only because of the women, but I just met so many good people there all around and had such a fun time. I think knowing people there is what really did it for me though, I was hooked up pretty well. It was pretty crazy going there and seeing people I knew from the states that I had no idea lived in Vitoria too. Here's a cool little story I have about this.....

I had just gotten to Vitoria maybe 3 or 4 days ago and me and some friends end up going to Sao Firmino. I had some doses left over that my friend gave me in Rio, so me and another friend popped em before going to the club. I get there and meet a girl who asks me where I'm from and when I tell her, she tells me she has a friend who lived where I was from for a while. I ask, "Who's your friend?" Turns out I had met her friend, Larissa, a couple times in the town I live in and she was actually a DJ in the club. I didn't even know the girl lived in Vitoria. It was pretty wild. So me and Larissa end up shootin the shit for a little while and that's when the doses start kicking in.

So they ban smoking indoors in Vitoria, and everyone is smoking cigs in the bathroom. I figure fuck it, I'll light one up too. Everyone kept getting caught and when security would leave, they would just light them right back up. I end up getting caught and they tell me I have to leave. At this point I'm pretty twisted. They take me in the back and I'm trying to tell them I'm fucked up and don't know how to get home, and to just let me go in real quickly and grab my friends, but they refuse. I wasn't getting anywhere with these guys and at this time my portuguese was pretty shitty to say the least. They were total dicks and I kinda thought they were going to whoop my ass for a second. All of a sudden I see this Larissa girl and desperately wave her over. I tell her, "Look, I'm really fucked up right now and I don't even know where the hell I am. Pleeeeeeease help me out here." All of a sudden this big scary looking dude who could have been satan himself comes up (He actually wasn't really that scary, it was just all in my head) and she starts talking to him in Portuguese. She looks at me and says, "Look, if they catch you smoking in there again, you can never come back here. You are lucky you know me or you would be waiting outside for Bernardo for a couple hours." It was a pretty wild experience, especially being in a third world country. I definitely was in the wrong state of mind to be dealing with that shit at that time, but now that I look back on it, it was pretty funny.

Vitoria Brazil

Quote: (03-09-2010 07:25 PM)Brandon E Wrote:  

I had some doses left over that my friend gave me in Rio, so me and another friend popped em before going to the club.

I'm surprised it seems that L is pretty common and popular in Brazil, I had a friend I met at my hostel from Sao Paulo offer, but I decided I'm not really down with it in the States, who knows what that shit could be like in Brazil. I did take some "sacred plant medicine" of the fungus variety in chocolate form with me, most of the Brazilians that I mentioned it to, had never heard of/tried it before, I ended up dosing up an Argentine hippy dude and a dude from Sao Paulo from my hostel, both their first times, we had a great trip on the beach in Trinidade. If you're into chill hippy/surfer/rasta vibes that;s the spot.

Vitoria Brazil

Acid is pretty common there. I've only done it twice in the states but I did it 4 times in Brazil. Dude it's really weird... People are afraid to take mushrooms in Brazil but they will eat acid all day long. Mushrooms are never sold in Brazil. If you are "crazy enough" to eat them, you will just go find them in the cow fields. I had a pretty fun experience my first time in Brazil doing this. We went to probably the coolest looking place I've ever been to find them (between there and Maui). I know it was about an hour north of Braganca Paulista in Sao Paulo state, don't remember the name of the city. There's nothing to do around there though and the only reason I would suggest going there is if you were within an hour drive of it. The grass was this color of green that is hard to even describe but the closest I can get to describing it is neon green. The water of the river that ran through the area was a redish brownish color from the mud in the area. There were all sorts of waterfalls around and this was all just farmland in the middle of nowhere. We would go up to the farmers and tell them we were doing a research paper for our university on local funguses and asked if we could go on there farm to find some mushrooms. Good stuff.

Vitoria Brazil

Good report Brandon on Vitoria, a place I have wanted to go to for a long time.
Btw, how's the safety issue there? Vitoria has a reputation for being the most violent/dangerous of all the capitals in Brasil.

Also, be VERY careful with carrying weed and all with you, specially in taxis. If your taxi is stopped by the PM, which is done frequently, specially at night in their regular routine check ups, and you have some on you, you're toasted and that'll cost you some serious coin to get out of this. That is if you're lucky. If not, you'd end up with your mug on the first page of the local papers and thrown into jail. This is serious shit not to mess with, specially in a place like Brasil.

Vitoria Brazil

I've also heard saftey is an issue in Vitoria. I hear both though. Some people say it is really dangerous and others say it isn't too dangerous at all. Personally, I walked home alone past 1 or 2 in the morning on several occasions, but it was just a couple of blocks. I never really felt threatened other than one time a guy was asking me for money to eat and I acted like I didn't understand him. Then he looks over at my girl and starts talking to her and she says I don't have any cash, just a card. He seemed pretty angry and I almost thought he was going to rob me for a second, but nothing ended up happening.

Vitoria Brazil

Wanted to bump this one. A couple of guys requested I write a Vitoria guide even after I wrote. Figured they must not have seen it.

Vitoria Brazil

Guys, if you re not a white gringo in Vitorio....what do reckin the response would be like? (good looking indian guy, but little to no portuguese).

Also, any idea what it's like during the July, Aug? I know it s winter, but it still averages 27 C.

Vitoria Brazil

Pretty low. I'd try to bang girls in other cities first. If you can't hook up in Rio, Sao Paulo, you're not hooking up in Vitoria.

Vitoria Brazil

Quote: (03-10-2010 02:54 AM)Brandon E Wrote:  

I've also heard saftey is an issue in Vitoria. I hear both though. Some people say it is really dangerous and others say it isn't too dangerous at all. Personally, I walked home alone past 1 or 2 in the morning on several occasions, but it was just a couple of blocks. I never really felt threatened other than one time a guy was asking me for money to eat and I acted like I didn't understand him. Then he looks over at my girl and starts talking to her and she says I don't have any cash, just a card. He seemed pretty angry and I almost thought he was going to rob me for a second, but nothing ended up happening.
There are so many poor people in Brazil that would rather kill you and rob you rather than talk you out of your money. So wake up and smell the coffie. Eidoos77.[Image: idea.gif][Image: undecided.gif][Image: idea.gif]

Vitoria Brazil

Quote: (08-16-2010 05:38 PM)eidoos77 Wrote:  

There are so many poor people in Brazil that would rather kill you and rob you rather than talk you out of your money. So wake up and smell the coffie. Eidoos77.[Image: idea.gif][Image: undecided.gif][Image: idea.gif]

Yeah, if you are a sex tourist in Rio or the North. Nobody on here wants to go the the beautiful South. The area where you can find beautiful young models. Where you can walk the streets at night. Most of these guys should stick with Memphis or D.C. Much of the advise on here is very dangerous. Brazil can be very serious. Especially the sex tourist places. Fact of the matter is, if most of the people are not white you shouldn't be out at night. That is Brazil in a nutshell.

Vitoria Brazil

Quote: (08-16-2010 08:32 PM)PinkElephant Wrote:  

Yeah, if you are a sex tourist in Rio or the North. Nobody on here wants to go the the beautiful South. The area where you can find beautiful young models. Where you can walk the streets at night. Most of these guys should stick with Memphis or D.C. Much of the advise on here is very dangerous. Brazil can be very serious. Especially the sex tourist places. Fact of the matter is, if most of the people are not white you shouldn't be out at night. That is Brazil in a nutshell.

thats prob alittle bit stretching it about the safety issue. i know im a clear gringo and i walked all over copa/ipanema at night for 10 days straight. at all hours of the night and morning (5-6am) lol rode the public buses and never felt in danger once. many other people on this board have done the same thing and didnt encounter any dangerous situations.

for the most part yes anyone can get unlucky even in the states, but if you use common sense and have some street smarts you should be ok.

for my next trip to Rio in dec im going to be hanging out and going to funk parties in rochina. people thought i was crazy for walking around at night, i cant wait to hear what they are gonna say about this lol

Vitoria Brazil

Quote: (08-16-2010 08:47 PM)Dash Global Wrote:  

Quote: (08-16-2010 08:32 PM)PinkElephant Wrote:  

thats prob alittle bit stretching it about the safety issue. i know im a clear gringo and i walked all over copa/ipanema at night for 10 days straight. at all hours of the night and morning (5-6am) lol rode the public buses and never felt in danger once. many other people on this board have done the same thing and didnt encounter any dangerous situations.

for the most part yes anyone can get unlucky even in the states, but if you use common sense and have some street smarts you should be ok.

for my next trip to Rio in dec im going to be hanging out and going to funk parties in rochina. people thought i was crazy for walking around at night, i cant wait to hear what they are gonna say about this lol

Why not try Floripa or Porto Alegre? Floripa is the hottest destination for Brazilians. Porto Alegre is a very decent city. Both are extremely safe compared to Rio. Problem with Rio is if you don't know the area you could end up in some seriously bad parts of town. Especially at night.

Curiitiba is also another great town. Curitiba has great night spots as well. Very safe and if you are a white guy you won't feel as if you are going to get robbed. The people are pretty cool as well.

More offbeat places are Blumenau (Oktoberfest coming up) and Joinville. Both are super nice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQCGdhOsV...e=relatedd
Only Munich's Oktoberfest is larger. Great fun. Tons of people from Sao Paulo and even Rio come down for it. Lots of good drink and fun. The people (as you can see in a random video) are just basic Brazilians. Of course they don't look like what you see in the North, but even those in the North with money often move to the South for security and quality of life.

Vitoria Brazil

Quote: (08-16-2010 05:33 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Pretty low. I'd try to bang girls in other cities first. If you can't hook up in Rio, Sao Paulo, you're not hooking up in Vitoria.

Rio it is then! I read the Vitorio write up on your site, Roosh. There is one paragraph that is almost soul crushing.

Makes you ask the gods why we weren't born Brazilian.

Vitoria Brazil

Oh god not this shit again. Can you please detail your travel experiences to Brazil and back up this assertion? Otherwise you're trolling.

Vitoria Brazil

You guys ranting about how dangerous Brazil is are paranoid and are part of the reason so many Americans are affraid to visit South America. While the murder and crime rate is much higher than that of the US, it's not like you have to watch your back everywhere you go. Think about it like this, even if the murder rate in Brazil is 6x higher than that of the US, how many people do you know that have been murdered in the US? I grew up in Las Vegas, considered a dangerous city for the United States, and I don't know one person who has been murdered. None of my Brazilian friends know anyone who has been murdered in Brazil either. Most of them have never been robbed after living in brazil 20+ years. Yeah, you do have to be aware of your surroundings in a lot of areas, but if you decide not to travel to Brazil because of danger issues, you are a lame puss in my book.

Added: Most of the murders and things like that you are hearing about are happening in the Favelas. And yes, the favelas are dangeous as all hell. There are 10 year old kids at the entrances of some that point a gun at you and make you lift up your shirt to make sure you aren't armed. I've heard from some sources that the favelas in Brazil are the second most dangerous place on earth, after a war zone in Somalia. I take that with a grain of salt though, because that was a statistic off a movie I saw called "Manda Bala" which made Brazil seem much more dangerous than I noticed when I was there. Just stay away from those parts and any other seedy neighborhood you think you shouldn't enter. I definitely went in neighborhoods I thought I probably shouldn't have entered, even some small favelas, and I was fine, but I was also with locals (Ones I have known and trusted for a long time). I also grew up in a pretty rough neighborhood. I would advise against going in any favelas or seedy neighborhoods.

Vitoria Brazil

Quote: (08-28-2010 08:25 PM)Brandon E Wrote:  

You guys ranting about how dangerous Brazil is are paranoid and are part of the reason so many Americans are affraid to visit South America. While the murder and crime rate is much higher than that of the US, it's not like you have to watch your back everywhere you go. Think about it like this, even if the murder rate in Brazil is 6x higher than that of the US, how many people do you know that have been murdered in the US? I grew up in Las Vegas, considered a dangerous city for the United States, and I don't know one person who has been murdered. None of my Brazilian friends know anyone who has been murdered in Brazil either. Most of them have never been robbed after living in brazil 20+ years. Yeah, you do have to be aware of your surroundings in a lot of areas, but if you decide not to travel to Brazil because of danger issues, you are a lame puss in my book.

Added: Most of the murders and things like that you are hearing about are happening in the Favelas. And yes, the favelas are dangeous as all hell. There are 10 year old kids at the entrances of some that point a gun at you and make you lift up your shirt to make sure you aren't armed. I've heard from some sources that the favelas in Brazil are the second most dangerous place on earth, after a war zone in Somalia. I take that with a grain of salt though, because that was a statistic off a movie I saw called "Manda Bala" which made Brazil seem much more dangerous than I noticed when I was there. Just stay away from those parts and any other seedy neighborhood you think you shouldn't enter. I definitely went in neighborhoods I thought I probably shouldn't have entered, even some small favelas, and I was fine, but I was also with locals (Ones I have known and trusted for a long time). I also grew up in a pretty rough neighborhood. I would advise against going in any favelas or seedy neighborhoods.

Nice post...I would add...the fears are real, just depends on your level of conditioning. If your not used to being around violence, you will struggle with it..having lived in places like dc/bmore, detroit, houston nothing really stuns me...I think the real fear is the police because they basically kill everything in sight and do not work 2 protect innocents..

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/21/world/...21rio.html

Vitoria Brazil

Quote: (08-29-2010 12:44 PM)Caramel Communist Wrote:  

Nice post...I would add...the fears are real, just depends on your level of conditioning. If your not used to being around violence, you will struggle with it..having lived in places like dc/bmore, detroit, houston nothing really stuns me...I think the real fear is the police because they basically kill everything in sight and do not work 2 protect innocents..

I was in Rio when that happened. A week later a camera caught a man shooting another man and stealing his hat, shoes, and wallet. 30 seconds later a cop showed up on the scene. The cop walked past the man who was shot, dying on the ground, went up to the robber, confiscated everything he had just stolen, let the guy go, and left the man who was shot there to die. Pretty crazy shit.

Vitoria Brazil

Quote: (08-29-2010 02:37 PM)Brandon E Wrote:  

Quote: (08-29-2010 12:44 PM)Caramel Communist Wrote:  

I was in Rio when that happened. A week later a camera caught a man shooting another man and stealing his hat, shoes, and wallet. 30 seconds later a cop showed up on the scene. The cop walked past the man who was shot, dying on the ground, went up to the robber, confiscated everything he had just stolen, let the guy go, and left the man who was shot there to die. Pretty crazy shit.

That's fucking grimey....life is cheap in latin america...but I still love it..

Vitoria Brazil

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_Brazil

I just came across this. Wiki is saying Vitoria has the 3rd highest homicide rate in all of Brazil. Almost triple that of Rio. It didn't seem like it where I was, but from what I hear the downtown and surrounding towns are very dangerous. If you stay near the three neighborhoods of Cambori though you should be fine. This source is also saying that there are just as many homicides in DC as there are in Rio. Sao Paulo has the second least homicide rate of Brazil's capital cities, I found that pretty shocking.

Vitoria Brazil

Quote: (09-03-2010 04:46 AM)Brandon E Wrote:  

I just came across this. Wiki is saying Vitoria has the 3rd highest homicide rate in all of Brazil. Almost triple that of Rio. It didn't seem like it where I was, but from what I hear the downtown and surrounding towns are very dangerous. If you stay near the three neighborhoods of Cambori though you should be fine. This source is also saying that there are just as many homicides in DC as there are in Rio. Sao Paulo has the second least homicide rate of Brazil's capital cities, I found that pretty shocking.

LMaoooooo who ever said Rio has the same amount of crime as DC is FuCKING LYING!!! Hahaha...Now DC crime can be hectic especially when it's hot but it ain't nothing like south/central America. The people getting killed in dc are in gangs/drugs and usually know each other. It ain't like Rio where a mofo will roll up on you and take your life for your wallet nor the police who will kill everybody and figure out who was innocent afterwards....

Vitoria Brazil

Quote: (09-03-2010 01:06 PM)Caramel Communist Wrote:  

Quote: (09-03-2010 04:46 AM)Brandon E Wrote:  

LMaoooooo who ever said Rio has the same amount of crime as DC is FuCKING LYING!!! Hahaha...Now DC crime can be hectic especially when it's hot but it ain't nothing like south/central America. The people getting killed in dc are in gangs/drugs and usually know each other. It ain't like Rio where a mofo will roll up on you and take your life for your wallet nor the police who will kill everybody and figure out who was innocent afterwards....

IDK man, I've heard there is a ton of crime in DC, but it always fails to make the top 20 most dangerous cities. I would believe there are close to as many homicides in Vegas as Rio though. A ton of the homicides in Rio are the same thing, over drugs and gangs and I'm sure most of it's in the favelas. I definitely wouldn't doubt that these stats are true. A ton more people die in Rio each day because it is wayyyy bigger than DC or Vegas, but they are saying that 30 people die per every 100000 people. It's per capita, not 30 people per day or anything like that. I just know I've been a lot more scared in Vegas than I ever have been in Rio.

Vitoria Brazil

And to elaborate on that^ I've had guns pulled on me 3 different occasions in Vegas, one time was for a cigarette. I don't have any friends that grew up in Rio that have ever had a gun pulled on them.

Vitoria Brazil

And this is a type of girl you will find in Vitoria. She just popped up on my facebook friend suggestions. She's a friend of my friends girlfriend from Vitoria. Profile says single too. Ridiculous. That place still amazes me. I've never been anywhere like it...