rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

"Peep Show" is brilliant.

It's a comedy series about a couple of bachelors in England, one of whom is an awkward and weak willed office drone who's horrible with women and the other a handsome wannabe musician who effortlessly gets hot women. It's written very well and it's style is pretty great -- most of the shots are POV. You can fairly judge the show from the first six minutes of its pilot. Excellent cringe humor:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePejwCWPwwg

Yep, awesome show. I love the one where Super Hans seduces and bangs Jeremy's girl right in front of him. Actually that happens in more than one episode haha.

"I've really fucked it, haven't I? Have I fucked it?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpDRdXUIK...re=related

Heh. Yeah, really good. The whole thing is on Netflix Instant.

Agree 100%.

Also check out That Mitchel and Webb Look by the same guys. It's on Hulu I think.

Just bought david Mitchell's autobiography. Should be funny.

It is a great show, found it by accident once. Saw the whole series.

Super Hans is one of the best characters ever.

(start at 2:06)

I can't have sex with your personality, and I can't put my penis in your college degree, and I can't shove my fist in your childhood dreams, so why are you sharing all this information with me?

Been waiting for series 8...rumor is that it will finally air this month.

Dr Johnson rumbles with the RawGod. And lives to regret it.

Quote: (11-02-2012 08:18 PM)RawGod Wrote:  

Been waiting for series 8...rumor is that it will finally air this month.

Yeah, I heard it's coming at the end of the month and they've already confirmed a 9th season.

thedude really looks like jeremy

This reminds me of the book "The Bedroom Secrets of the Master Chefs" by some drunk scotsman I'm too lazy to google the name of.

I'm a huge fan - it's kind of like a low rent English version of Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Edit - I'm also a big fan of Alan Partridge/Saxondale/The Trip.

The Puritan hated bear-baiting, not because it gave pain to the bear, but because it gave pleasure to the spectators. - Thomas B. Macaulay

Rick Von Slonecker is tall, rich, good-looking, stupid, dishonest, conceited, a bully, liar, drunk and thief, an egomaniac, and probably psychotic. In short, highly attractive to women. - Whit Stillman

Agreed. Show is hilarious. I think David Mitchell's character in Peep Show is a spot-on portrayal of "beta mindset."

Also, I can't get enough of "That Mitchell and Webb Look." Highly recommended if you like British comedy- lots of clips on Youtube if you want to sample.

Anyways, the reason I dredged up this old thread was Roissy's recent article about how "Hitler was a Beta." It made me think of this M&W sketch - though the lens that acting very "beta" in a leadership position is great for comedy thanks to the incongruity:

YouTube Video: "The New Führer"

If only you knew how bad things really are.

Peep Show is one of my favorite TV shows.

I've seen the whole show a few times over at least.

The 'New Fuhrer' sketch is ace, and Peep Show is indeed brilliant. David Mitchell's character is beta as fuck, but you wouldn't want to wind him up to the point of frenzy haha.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

The Mitchell and Webb Situation - Farming

"The whole point of being alpha, is doing what the fuck you want.
That's why you see real life alphas without chicks. He's doing him.

Real alphas don't tend to have game. They don't tend to care about the emotional lives of the people around them."

-WIA