rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Torino? Or Where else

Torino? Or Where else

Hey guys, first post, Tried finding the information im looking for on here but couldnt locate a good thread. So Im planning on studying abroad this summer and have my sights set on Italy. I saw you guys say that Italian women are a tough nut to crack but its honestly not my number 1 reason for going so thats fine, besides I welcome the challenge. So Im just trying to make up my mine where the best place to go would be. I have been looking into Torino, or Turin to the americans. They have a world renowned business school, and thats my major. Also its not a tourist trap so I think I would enjoy the culture much more. I just dont know what to expect in terms of women. Its a 5 week program and Im not sure what id do with myself if I had to go that long without a piece of ass. I also looked into Sorrento, which is a beautiful location, but the school has very small classes and is much less renowned. Any input, suggestions, alternate locales are welcome.

Torino? Or Where else

Also if anyone has study abroad programs that they would endorse let me know.

Torino? Or Where else

I went to Turin with some family about 2 years. Didn't do much drinking or partying (actually none at all) but I really liked the vibe there in Turin versus the other cities in Italy I've been to because it was less touristy. There were a ton of great museums there. There seemed to be a decent bar culture there and a lot of younger students around so it should just be as easy as anywhere there. didn't know about the clubs though. Milan isn't too far by train too so you can do that on the weekends.

Torino? Or Where else

Rick Steves is on point when he says:

Quote:Quote:

Italy intensifies as you plunge deeper. If you like it as far south as Rome, go farther — it gets better. But, if Italy's wearing you down, you'll enjoy a milder Italy in the North, complete with the same great cappuccino, gelato, and people-watching you need.

Turin is very northern, so IMO it's a slightly watered down version of Italy. Though it obviously has Italian characteristics, in some ways it's almost Switzerland.

When you say summer, what dates are you looking at, exactly? In August the character of places can change as cities clear out for vacation.

I'd say academic value should be far down the list of features that influence your choice. The only reason you'd choose a top rated school is if you wanted to network and eventually base your career in Italy. But even then, value is limited because it's summer and regular local students won't be around to meet.

For your short stay, a second tier university town may be more your speed. Some place where you can easily walk to the nightlife would be a bonus. Also look for somewhere with lots of weekend getaways close by.

Torino? Or Where else

Thanks for the replies fellas. I'll be there mid June to late July. I'm really most interested in cultural value in the trip. There are a lot of study abroad options but it seems like the other ones are either super touristy or in the middle of nowhere. I like that ill be close to France, near Venice, and I'm really interested in going to genoa which is where my family emigrated from.

Torino? Or Where else

Torino is in a great location, but like Tigre said its northern Italian so if the "culture" is what you are there for go somewhere else.

But the area is amazing. A hop over to the French Alps, up the road from Mont Blanc. And during the summer the lake district (Como, Maggiore, Orta) are amazing and take most of the people that pour out of Milan.

If you are American, and studying an exchange "IN ITALY!!!" then go for a place like Florence where all the delusional English speaking women go for summer exchanges and soak up the culture while getting shitfaced on wine in the evenings.

Torino? Or Where else

Good luck *trying* to get a Italian girl to open her legs, requires brain-damage level of work to get even minimal action.

Its the reason our Italian brothers go hunting in other countries

Italian girls are prima-donnas, even the whores are from foreign places

If your after flesh hunt tourists or other o/s students

I hope Italian girls are happy dying on there own

"Lifes about, shooting your load"

Torino? Or Where else

Lol cmon it can't be thaaaat bad. I mean I get it they're tough but away from their group, no friends around and basic language skills I feel like I could pull it off. I'm honestly considering torino just cause I won't be able to resort to banging tourists and it will force me to find a sweet Italian girl.

Torino? Or Where else

Most likely going to accept my erasmus exchange to Torino for 3 months end of this year. Information here is making me not look forward to it, I know Italian girls are notoriously hard and my holidays to Italy back that up. Ive read all there is about Torino on the forum but there isn't too much, anyone else have more info about the city, what they recommend for a student and how my experience may be?

Torino? Or Where else

I've been to Torino only to watch Juventus games, so except that I can't say much... Torino is not far from Milano you could go there during some weekends to party. A lot of international students too in Milano, which I highly prefer to my female compatriots.

Torino? Or Where else

I think you will like Turin.Milan is fun.Lake Como is great and not far from Florence,Italian Riviera and Venice.Just game all the tourists and other students.Italian girls r the reason I see many Italian guys in South America on holiday. See above--enjoy dying alone.

Torino? Or Where else

Thanks for the input guys. Before I start in September I will ensure my Italian is in check and hopefully my game experiences will prepare me for Italy. The Polito uni seems pretty reputable and I heard you have to learn to a high standard which is good I guess.

Torino? Or Where else

It's one of the best public universities in Italy, academically speaking you can't go wrong with your exchange there.