rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Medellin/Medejin

Medellin/Medejin

Aii so I checked out Medellin a few weeks ago and I didn´t really feel it as much as others here have. When I was in Bogota chicks were verrrry friendly but in Medellin, because of the huge amounts of gringos/sex-chasers, it was a bit whack.

Don´t get me wrong, the girls in Medellin, particularly in the El Poblado area, can be very hot, but at the same time it´s not that charming hot where they don´t really act hot-- it´s the hot where they know they´re damn hot and if you don´t have the money to support their next boob job they won´t really give you the light of day.

The bad things about Medellin (and I´m usually a positive person)
-Mullets
-Gringos everywhere hunting for easy poon
-Not too much cultura

The good things (and I can be somewhat negative sometimes)
-Long straight black hair
-Hot betches
-The empenada place I found not toooo far from my hostel

In my books, I give Medellin a 3/5. If you´re willing to stay there for more than 1-2 weeks and work on different girls I would give it a 4 maybe (just for the girls) but then maybe I´ll save that for another time...

Medellin/Medejin

See my post. I wrote about why you experienced what you did, and how to "work" Medellin to avoid the "pay for my next boob job" barriers. Another note, Yous say in Bogota, girls were friendlier to you, well, that is because most of the girls you probably met in Bogota are not actually FROM bogota a.k.a "Rolas". They are there working from other cities in Colombia, and living in Bogota - this is really common now since Bogota has more job opptys.

A true Rola is a tough cookie to crack, unless she is from the lower class neighborhoods strata 4 and below. The positive note to that, is that they know the game, and are receptive to your gringo game as they see it often. Bogota (next to Cartagena) is the introductory gateway to Colombia for many foreigners, including Brazilians and Argies looking for Colombiana punani.

Stay away from El Poblado "pay for my next boob job/Lipo surgery" bitches. Target HB 8's from Bello, Roblebo and Manrique! Unless you are part of the "rosca paisa", you will never land a HB 9 from Poblado. If you say you are in a hostel, forget about getting laid in Poblado - won't happen!

A girl just walks by Poblado, and does not even live there, and her arrogance goes up 10 fold, just for having lunch in Poblado!

Glad you had fun!

Medellin/Medejin

I'm kind of hoping the amount of gringos there tapers off a bit instead of exploding like it seems to be.
On the bright side, those hostel gringos got zero game, so it's not as bad as it looks.

Medellin/Medejin

Keroac,

Bust out a little Medellin VS Bogota pro and con.

Those two places are heavy on my radar since I have been in Cartagena.

Medellin/Medejin

What you will see when you first get to Parque Lleras (where most of the hostels, tourists, and rich Paisas are) is gringos, Hooters (the US chain), stuck up people, and a little bit of Miami. Then you can go to other areas, like Barrio Colombia or whatever else (though I haven´t been to Calle 70) and it´s a little bit warmer, but also there are class differences.

As for pro and con of Bog and Med:
Bogota
Pros:
-Lots of culture, history, things to do, things to see. It´s hard to be bored in Bogota. Also, a lot more going on each night, as opposed to Medellin where it´s pretty dead Sunday to Wednesday.
-Girls are very receptive and are more likely to speak english
-You don´t see as many gringo tourists like you do in Medellin, and the tourists you do see are bound to have a cooler personality
-It feels like a big city.
Cons:
-Can be cold for some people. I actually don´t mind this because I was sweating like mad in Medellin. A G might also like this because you get to show off your tight (as in Aight) clothes.
-The hostels are in a semi-sketchy area, but it´s a cool area nonetheless.

Medellin:
Pros: If you like warmer weather, this is the place to be
- If you like HOT women, this is the place to people watch. Like Armanid pointed out, the upper-class girls, which seems to be all of the super-hot girls around here, don´t really like being caught with gringos. Gringos have a pretty bad reputation in Medellin, and I think the best way around this is to find some rich colombian friends and do some social gaming (though I got the feeling everyone in the Parque Lleras area knew each other since grade school).
- Parque Lleras (where most of the hostels are) is very safe at night time.
- It has a cool city in the jungle feel to it (especially around Poblado).
Cons:
-Felt like it was an empty city compared to bogota. It has a sort of Suburban feel to it.
-It seems a bit difficult to pull a decent ONS. Sure, you might get a 6/7, but do you really want to come to another country for that?

In my experience, people traveling through Colombia either really like Bogota or really like Medellin. The only way to figure out which one you are is to visit and see. My experience was excellent in Bogota and other places like Manizales and Perreira, but in Medellin and Cali it was so-so.

Medellin/Medejin

Quote: (03-02-2010 04:15 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

I'm kind of hoping the amount of gringos there tapers off a bit instead of exploding like it seems to be.
On the bright side, those hostel gringos got zero game, so it's not as bad as it looks.

The safer Medellin becomes, the more tourists it will attract. However, 80% of teh gringos that go to Medellin are the ones that expect women to throw themselves at theri feet just for being gringo. Boy are they in for a rude awakening! Women are easier to bang, but you will have ot have spanish game, and know how to work the system - which si exactly what backpackers in hostels do not know how to do. If thnis shit gets any safer, I'm personally gonna kidnapp one of you mofos to scare some of you bastards away!! ;-)

I actually viist Medellin hostels often to hit on foreign puntang - pretending to be the nice local with excellent English who can show them a good time ;-)

Medellin/Medejin

Quote: (03-02-2010 02:08 PM)armanid27 Wrote:  

Yous say in Bogota, girls were friendlier to you, well, that is because most of the girls you probably met in Bogota are not actually FROM bogota a.k.a "Rolas". They are there working from other cities in Colombia, and living in Bogota - this is really common now since Bogota has more job opptys.

A true Rola is a tough cookie to crack, unless she is from the lower class neighborhoods strata 4 and below. The positive note to that, is that they know the game, and are receptive to your gringo game as they see it often. Bogota (next to Cartagena) is the introductory gateway to Colombia for many foreigners, including Brazilians and Argies looking for Colombiana punani.

As far as I know, the girls I was with were most likely from the higher class neighborhoods because most of them I met at very expensive (for colombian standards) clubs and they were offering me drinks all the time.

As for whether they were rolos or not, I think a few of them were definitely from Bogota, but a few others were from other cities but living with their parents around Parque 93 ($$$).

That´s one thing I actually noticed about these rich colombian girls... they love offering drinks! Perfecto para mi (in my disgustingly terrible spanish)

Medellin/Medejin

Kerouac,

Nice data sheet. This helps for sure. I guess I will just have to check them out to see for myself.

I know people in both now, so that should help me operate.

"You don´t see as many gringo tourists like you do in Medellin"

Why do you think this is?

Medellin/Medejin

G, in Medellin you feel very safe, particularly in the Parque Lleras/Poblado area. I think the Colombian government is putting a lot of effort in the Medellin area (maybe because Uribe is from there?) and the people in the area take pride in promoting a sort of safe feel in the area. Bogota doesn't have that same sense of safetey as Poblado in Medellin (although Zona Norte feels quite safe around Parque 93).

I went to some salsa bar close to the center of Medellin (which can be sketchy at night time) and we were getting in a taxi to head back, and some bum started to annoy us, and this colombian dude just comes by and pushes him away and tells him to fuck off. Great stuff! In Medellin, like no other big city, the locals really try to make the gringos feel the safety.

As for the hostel gringos sucking with women, the guys at my hostel were pretty good actually. There were, of course, a lot who did suck, but for the most part when it came to partying they knew how to party. Maybe times are changing. It's really common now to come across people who talk about the book The Game in a conversation. It's also not uncommon to hear concepts and terminology being popped in when talking to someone about girls. This shit is becoming universal. Anyway, it's all good until some guy tries to pop in some magic techniques... then i'm flying out of there.

Medellin/Medejin

That's it! I'm kidnapping one of you mofos in the herat of parque lleras!

Medellin/Medejin

Quote: (03-03-2010 01:55 PM)kerouac Wrote:  

It's really common now to come across people who talk about the book The Game in a conversation.

A 19 year old Argentine guy asked me if I have read The Game. lol. He said he uses some of the techniques.

Medellin/Medejin

Hummm. The gives me an idea. Maybe I should write the game version for Latin America, from a Latin mans POV!

I'll call it "matando moscas"

Roosh, hook me up with your publisher for 20k copies first run. [Image: wink.gif]

Medellin/Medejin

Medellin might be blowing up too much.

Rappers are doing videos now down there:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6X6LoSWGOc

Reminds me of Snoops video in Brazil:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FE194VN6c4

Medellin/Medejin

Quote: (03-05-2010 04:19 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Medellin might be blowing up too much.

Rappers are doing videos now down there:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6X6LoSWGOc

Reminds me of Snoops video in Brazil:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FE194VN6c4

Rick Ross is such a joke. Swagger jacker, faker, biter. That video is almost exactly like Snoops vid, but instead of beaches you got pool at the mansion.

Anyway, I don't think Medellin will ever blow up as much as Rio. Rio is just more tourist friendly and has so much more to do. I think the only thing they may ever level out on is the number of sex tourists.

Medellin/Medejin

Rick Rosa is a joke and his music sucks major ass!