rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Moving into an RV

Moving into an RV

Well, I've been back here all summer trying to get a project off the ground and things went awry. Completely failed - probably worst failure of my life business-wise (don't ask) - but oh well, there's always next time. To further "sweeten" my recent luck, I've been living in a 3-bedroom house but now I found out the landlord has to move back in, so I'm bailing in about a week.

My friend has an RV and says I can rent it from her and then buy it later on when I'm ready. Since I'm planning to head back to Asia again but would like a seasonal home here, it seems like a great choice, and the RV is pretty nice. Could also make for some great traveling in the states someday.

On top of that, it really beats getting a storage unit for my stuff or paying year-round rent on a house I'll only be in for 6 months out of the year, more or less.

Anyone ever live in an RV? Tips on getting a good deal on renting a space to post it up? Other logistic factors, tips, etc? I imagine some people would be iffy about how such a living situation would affect their game, but honestly, to me it sounds like a sweet, mobile setup for a bachelor. I'm all about staying out of further debt at this point of my life and this is a way I can minimize strings attached.

Another possible issue would be space, of course. Not too concerned as I lived out of a backpack for so long while traveling, so this is an obvious step up from that. Simplicity works for me. There are a shit-ton of great space-saving tips on vandwelling sites (cool niche if you've never looked into it). And can't wait to start saving on rent....

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

Moving into an RV

I thought about doing that myself.

There are two really good blogs discussing everything you need to do.

I forget the sites, but if you Google around, you'll find them pretty quickly.

Moving into an RV

Guy named Tynan lived out of an RV for a minute, wrote a fair bit about it if I recall correctly. Google "Tynan RV" and a bunch of stuff pops up. Example:

http://tynan.com/living-in-a-small-rv-introduction

And I think living in an RV would be pimp. Like Bruce Lee says: Be like water.

Blog: Thumotic
Red Pill links: The Red Pill Review
Follow me on Twitter

Moving into an RV

If you have a decent gym membership you can shower and shave there everyday. Problem is
where do you piss and shit? [Image: lol.gif]

Team Nachos

Moving into an RV

Quote: (10-22-2012 02:37 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

If you have a decent gym membership you can shower and shave there everyday. Problem is

This is a legit RV, bro. Bathroom with a shower and everything. And a shitter. lol

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

Moving into an RV

It'd be cool to roll through the U.S. in an RV, meet guys across the country, run game in different cities/states, and do a running blog.

You could probably write off most of your expenses, too, assuming you are creating a for-profit blog and also writing books/articles you intend to sell.

Moving into an RV

Where do you live?

Moving into an RV

Quote: (10-22-2012 02:43 PM)MikeCF Wrote:  

It'd be cool to roll through the U.S. in an RV, meet guys across the country, run game in different cities/states, and do a running blog.

You could probably write off most of your expenses, too, assuming you are creating a for-profit blog and also writing books/articles you intend to sell.

That could be fun for sure. A lot of these RV blogs are older folks, so I could definitely single out a good niche.

I'm definitely planning on a trip across the States but not until I actually buy the thing off the girl. I don't want to be renting it and running it around the country. I'll probably completely buy it off her hands next spring and then that may be in the cards - I am a writer who does some blogging as well, so this would be right up my alley.

Quote: (10-22-2012 02:43 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

Where do you live?

I'm currently in Humboldt County in Northern California, El. Before I came home earlier this year I'd been living in Asia for a long time though and have been wanting to established here seasonally so I can come visit family, etc.

Beyond All Seas

Moving into an RV

Quote: (10-22-2012 02:47 PM)Beyond Borders Wrote:  

Quote: (10-22-2012 02:43 PM)MikeCF Wrote:  

That could be fun for sure. A lot of these RV blogs are older folks, so I could definitely single out a good niche.

I'm definitely planning on a trip across the States but not until I actually buy the thing off the girl. I don't want to be renting it and running it around the country. I'll probably completely buy it off her hands next spring and then that may be in the cards - I am a writer who does some blogging as well, so this would be right up my alley.

Quote: (10-22-2012 02:43 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

Where do you live?

I'm currently in Humboldt County in Northern California, El. Before I came home earlier this year I'd been living in Asia for a long time though and have been wanting to established here seasonally so I can come visit family, etc.
That's a great place to live in an RV. Have you trolled the trailer parks or campgrounds yet? Are there any snowbird parks that may mostly empty now? I would park it wherever the sluts are at and keep moving. Do you have to stay up there? Can you make it down to Santa Cruz?

Moving into an RV

Quote: (10-22-2012 02:40 PM)Beyond Borders Wrote:  

This is a legit RV, bro. Bathroom with a shower and everything. And a shitter. lol

That's cool. But the question is ...can you pull bitches while living out of an RV? [Image: huh.gif]

Team Nachos

Moving into an RV

Quote: (10-22-2012 02:52 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

That's a great place to live in an RV. Have you trolled the trailer parks or campgrounds yet? Are there any snowbird parks that may mostly empty now? I would park it wherever the sluts are at and keep moving. Do you have to stay up there? Can you make it down to Santa Cruz?

Have you been up this way?

I don't have to stay up here for good, but I do plan to hang around and work locally until mid-December, at which point I've got a trip planned overseas for a few months (if I can afford it after the run of luck). I'm not opposed to moving around to moving it somewhere else after that though, and my friend would be fine with it.

Santa Cruz is definitely a cool place - lived there for 9 months. It's about 7 hours south. A bit pricey in that area though.

Haven't trolled the trailer parks yet but there are definitely lots to rent up in northern Humboldt, about 2 hours from me right now. Saw a few on Craigs. I've also got a buddy who says he might have a spot at his house for me (laws are lax down here for the most part) and am plotting a post on Facebook to see what else I can dredge up.

Renting a spot on someone's property down here would be nice as it could become a little homestead, but the places up north would be ideal for chasing women as there is nothing down here in the sticks as far as that goes.

Beyond All Seas

Moving into an RV

Quote: (10-22-2012 02:57 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

Quote: (10-22-2012 02:40 PM)Beyond Borders Wrote:  

That's cool. But the question is ...can you pull bitches while living out of an RV? [Image: huh.gif]

I say affirmative. No shame in my game. I'm pretty sure I could even pull ass if I lived in a beat-up trailer and this is definitely a step up from that - not to mention the additional cool factor of it being a mobile machine. As someone who has been living abroad and traveling for so long, it fits my persona in a way, if you think about it.

On top of that, there's always going to their house the first couple times if they seem high maintenance.

Guess there's only one way to see if it'll really have an effect though. If anyone's got experience on that, feel free to bust loose.

Beyond All Seas

Moving into an RV

I'm only one county over, I know which "season" you are referring to lol.

And my buddy rented an RV once and drove up to Sacramento from LA. We parked the RV a block up from the bars, pre gamed in it, closed the bars down, and brought some girls back. My buddy banged some chick in the back of the RV while her friends and my friends hung out. I, stupidly, dropped $160 to take my chick to a hotel room.

Ever since then I thought it could be pretty dope to live in a nice RV. Visit my friends in San Diego, Sacramento, Oregon, Santa Rosa, etc.

Moving into an RV

Quote: (10-22-2012 02:59 PM)Beyond Borders Wrote:  

I don't have to stay up here for good, but I do plan to hang around and work locally until mid-December, at which point I've got a trip planned overseas for a few months (if I can afford it after the run of luck). I'm not opposed to moving around to moving it somewhere else after that though, and my friend would be fine with it.

Santa Cruz is definitely a cool place - lived there for 9 months. It's about 7 hours south. A bit pricey in that area though.

Haven't trolled the trailer parks yet but there are definitely lots to rent up in northern Humboldt, about 2 hours from me right now. Saw a few on Craigs. I've also got a buddy who says he might have a spot at his house for me (laws are lax down here for the most part) and am plotting a post on Facebook to see what else I can dredge up.

Renting a spot on someone's property down here would be nice as it could become a little homestead, but the places up north would be ideal for chasing women as there is nothing down here in the sticks as far as that goes.
I've been all up and down out there used to live in Monterey. Well you're going to want to plug it in via that big three blade plug on the side and not use the generator so I would move it as close to the bars as possible at a park or campground. PM me what area you're thinking about. Also wherever there's meth you're going to find sluts so a park with a meth lab may work.

Moving into an RV

Man just tow a small Vespa scooter behind you and you're good to go!! [Image: lol.gif]

Team Nachos

Moving into an RV

Quote: (10-22-2012 03:08 PM)RioNomad Wrote:  

I'm only one county over, I know which "season" you are referring to lol.

You and your assumptions, Rio. [Image: wink.gif] haha Are you there now or back overseas?

Beyond All Seas

Moving into an RV

1. Buy an RV
2. Cook meth
3. ?????
4. Profit

Seems like it's worked for a few guys before.

Moving into an RV

I'm up here in NorCal right now. Should land down back in BKK sometime within the next 4-10 weeks. Waitin for some money to come in.

Moving into an RV

Quote: (10-22-2012 03:13 PM)RioNomad Wrote:  

I'm up here in NorCal right now. Should land down back in BKK sometime within the next 4-10 weeks. Waitin for some money to come in.

Are you Trinity? Don't remember if it was there or Mendocino. You should pop over for a visit one of these days before you go back. Or meet up in Redding and visit a couple bars over there.

Beyond All Seas

Moving into an RV

Quote: (10-22-2012 03:09 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

Quote: (10-22-2012 02:59 PM)Beyond Borders Wrote:  

I've been all up and down out there used to live in Monterey. Well you're going to want to plug it in via that big three blade plug on the side and not use the generator so I would move it as close to the bars as possible at a park or campground. PM me what area you're thinking about. Also wherever there's meth you're going to find sluts so a park with a meth lab may work.

Fucking hell, bro - you really do try to keep it as real as possible. hahaha I think I'll skip out on the meth girls though. Not my scene. Though I did grow up in a trailer park like that. [Image: dodgy.gif]

Women scene is never that great in Humboldt but I'll make do at the usual spots out on the town. If I'm stuck here for any length of time, I'll be making trips to the city.

I'm thinking more something tucked just out of town in a somewhat woodsy area but a quick drive into town. Some nice places like that around here actually. Trinidad, Loleta, Carlotta, Mckinleyville...Just got to do some driving around and find a little park that's got their shit together without being too pricey or rent from a private land owner.

Eventually would get some solar panels set up on the roof but will need the plugins for now.

Quote: (10-22-2012 03:10 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

Man just tow a small Vespa scooter behind you and you're good to go!! [Image: lol.gif]

all over it lol

Beyond All Seas

Moving into an RV

I can see an RV working for you Beyond Borders, and from what you've said it sounds like it would fit your lifestyle a bit better, since you want to be able to travel in S.E. Asia for a good part of the year. I think having an RV could be a logistical plus or minus, depending on the context, it would probably work out better in A-town where you'd could probably park it in a chill spot a few mins. walk away from downtown, but might not work as well in Eutweeks where parking downtown may attract the wrong kind of attention, (5-0 and tweekers).

Beyond Borders also strikes me as having the personality where he could pull it off, and not have it kill his mojo or vibe. Granted I just met him, but he strikes me as a character who likes to drink and party, he's pretty extroverted and socially outgoing. Girls in the college age range 21-26 might even find it kind of interesting or endearing in a way. It would also be a good way of pulling the "after party" move, when the bars close, people loiter and chill outside, a lot of them want to keep partying, but everything is shut down. You could recruit honeys to come back to the RV, just have it stocked with good drink, and maybe some smoke.

This kind of lifestyle seemed to work out pretty well for Purple Urkle (another character who sounds like he might not be a stranger to NorCal), on this thread: http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-6246.html

The main downsides I could see are the cost of gas and maintenance, those RVs eat up a shit ton of gas and have horrible mpg, HumCO has some of the highest gas prices in the U.S. I'd imagine that unless an RV is newer or in impeccable shape, they probably need to get work done on them if you're driving them a lot, I don't even know if you'd take an RV to a regular mechanic, but I'd imagine that getting them worked on probably cost a shit ton.

As far as trailer parks and where to post up the RV, you probably know better than me, but most trailer parks in this area are full of tweekers, junkies, thieves, and shady people. Unfortunately, it's probably nothing like Tampa where they are filled with hot stripper and hooters waitresses, who are bored and just want to fuck all day. There may be some kind of hot white trash bitches, but most of them are gnarly, and have some combination of drug addiction, STDs, criminal record, and kids with fuck up losers.

Moving into an RV

Get a Prevost.

http://www.legacycoachinc.com/Site/2003_..._Pics.html

Moving into an RV

Quote: (10-22-2012 08:02 PM)porscheguy Wrote:  

Get a Prevost.

http://www.legacycoachinc.com/Site/2003_..._Pics.html

Can I get a loan? [Image: wink.gif]

Beyond All Seas

Moving into an RV

Tynan from http://www.tynan.com lives in an RV and has blogged about it.

Moving into an RV

I actually lived in an rv like this [Image: 28180261_2X.jpg] in Miami for about 10 months through my first year of college. I will tell you that it is a great way to save money if thats your primary goal. I found a guy on craigslist that happen to have an electrical hookup next to his house and just hooked up a regular garden hose for water. so I would pay him for use of that.

The downsides are that it is really lonely to live in an rv because the inside of an rv is pretty cramped and its not fun to just hangout in it all the time like you would lounge around at home. So for me I would try to go somewhere during the whole day and just come back to sleep at night and shower. If you plan on running game I would get good at trying to seal the deal at the girls house. Its better that way for a bunch of reasons. you can just get up and leave when your done, incase she is crazy she wont try to do something to your place, etc..

My stove and refridgerator didnt work either so I always had to eat out. Gas is also expensive as shit if your going to drive a lot of places. but if your mostly parked it wouldnt be too bad. Some other things you might not of realized is that your going to have to find a place to empty the sewage tanks unless you find some where else to take a dump then you could just open the tube and let your piss drain out. If you plan on not living in it after awhile and renting a room or something you would have to find a place to store it or sell it. That was my biggest expense because selling an rv isnt easy and storing it ends up costing you a lot in the end and for me would of come out to the same price as renting a room. Also depending on what cities your in its not just as easy to pullover park and sleep. Sometimes you can get away with parking at a walmart but people get suspicious if your just pulled over on the side of the road, and a lot of places at least in miami dont allow you to park anything overnight let alone a giant rv so you would probably told to leave. So sometimes road tripping can be a pain to find a place to stop. If your planning on road tripping places too you got to remember that driving an rv is much slower than a car. My rv was a bit older and driving at 60-65 was scary because it was hard to keep it in between the lines because of the wind blowing you everywhere and the steering was a bit loose.