rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

File Under You Can't Make This Shit Up: Feminist Memorial Apartment

From the Beta Times:

"Acquaintances of Shulamith Firestone want the rent-stabilized apartment where the author and activist died this summer to be preserved as a residence for a low-income feminist, according to a petition obtained by The Local.

The petition, which can be read below, outlines a plan to earmark her fifth-floor walk-up at 213 East 10th Street for tenants doing “important” feminist work, who cannot afford current market rates in the rapidly gentrifying East Village. The rent would be no more than $1,000 a month."

Read the unintentional hilarious story here:

http://eastvillage.thelocal.nytimes.com/...apartment/

Haha.

"“I think she was a difficult tenant,” said Ms. Goldin. “She was a disturbed person and would leave the water on and flood other apartments."

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

Lol, why dont they just move to do their "important" work to somewhere cheap.

Maybe the bitch should try and find a husband.

Quote: (10-14-2012 11:14 AM)BoiBoi Wrote:  

I'd happily chip in some money for them to take their activism to Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan and Yemen where they can live cheap and really make a difference to women's lives.

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

Quote: (10-14-2012 08:54 AM)ColSpanker Wrote:  

The petition, which can be read below, outlines a plan to earmark her fifth-floor walk-up at 213 East 10th Street for tenants doing “important” feminist work, who cannot afford current market rates in the rapidly gentrifying East Village. The rent would be no more than $1,000 a month."

Feminists preaching about equality but demanding special treatment? Nothing to see here folks...

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

Quote: (10-14-2012 11:20 AM)Caligula Wrote:  

Quote: (10-14-2012 11:14 AM)BoiBoi Wrote:  

I'd happily chip in some money for them to take their activism to Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan and Yemen where they can live cheap and really make a difference to women's lives.

I was thinking about Jersey or Flint, Michigan, but those are some good options, too.

I keep wondering what she did to pay the rent. According to the article, she spent most of her life as a crazy cat lady. Daddy, perhaps?