rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

getting there early

getting there early

One thing me and my main wing have been noticing is how important it is to show up at the club early. We used to roll out kinda late, which is probably a bad idea anyway since last call in this town is at 1:30am and doors close at 2.

When we get to the club at 10pm, the ratio is usually pretty well balanced. The dance floor is mostly empty and the crowd sparse. The girls that are there look at us more. They seem fairly receptive to conversation. Bitch shields are low, or at least not that high.

By midnight, the even ratio has transformed into a raging cock fest. My wing has a buddy that's a club promoter, a few weeks ago, he gets us in for free at this Hollywood club, and hooks us up with liquor later in the night. He knows a lot of fly ladies so he'll introduce us to tables of ladies he knows and we have instant social proof. So me and my wing must've spent a few hours at one of the tables chilling with the promoter's lady friends, drinking and chatting. When I got up to use the restroom after midnight, it was just a sea of dudes that came in, and you know that type of dude. The dudes standing there with feet planted and slouched shoulders, gazing at the dance floor full of girls that only want to dance with their friends, with a low-held drink in one hand and the other in their pocket. Me and my wing were talking about how important it is to not look like one of those guys, even if you aren't talking to any girls at the moment. Once girls see you are one of those guys, you are stigmatized. Avoid their body language at all costs. For that night, we were the guys kicking it with a crew of girls getting served free liquor. It was great to not be amongst those "other guys" looking hungry. Bitch shields were raised exponentially within 2 hours. These dudes looked shut out. And there were LOTS of them.

I came to two conclusions on the ride home:

1) Get to the club early. Things go quickly downhill after midnight when the ratio goes to hell and bitch shields go up. I think there's a critical mass the ratio reaches where it hits saturation point and women just start to shut out approaches and all these dudes blend into one hazy, faceless mass of horny, desperate men. At that point, the club is spent, time to bounce. Come back next week.

2) VIP game is the next level. Knowing the promoter and rolling VIP is the way to go. Starting with the fact that you're walking to the front of the line, having the bouncer look at this list and let you in while the line watches. Instant social proof, free alcohol(often) and an instant in with girls. Make friends with promoters. Makes shit 10x easier.

getting there early

100% agreement.

I posted on flying solo and quite a few guys insisted on going to a club late. I didn't really understand that.

getting there early

West Coast nightlife is beyond retarted.

If I am not at a bar with a cocktail in hand and an appetizer in front of me by 8:30 pm, I won't go out on the Wessyde.

I have lived in CA probably 20 years of my life on and off and I still cannot get over the fact that bars close at 1:30.

1:30 is when you should be making up your mind on where you are going out that night.

"VIP game is the next level."

Its really not the next level, its the only level. Especially in a city that you spend a lot of time in.