rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Mexico City 11/8 - 11/12

Mexico City 11/8 - 11/12

Just booked for Mexico City from Nov 8th - 12th. I was initially planning to do another US city in November (Scottsdale, Arizona) but after the Denver debacle, I need a foreign buffer before I commit to visiting another American city.

Mexico City has been on my radar for the past few months. I've heard good reports from this place. It's amazing to me how it seems like no one ever checks it out. It's the largest city in the Americas (with a population larger than Sao Paulo AND New York City). As the largest city in Latin America, it has huge communities of latinos from many such countries (Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Cuba, DR, etc).

I am going to stay in a hotel in Polanco which is said to have the best girls in the city (rich girls too).

I will be sure to drop a data sheet when I return. Down to link up with anyone who will be out there but I am going with a friend or two.

Mexico City 11/8 - 11/12

All Im going to say now is: plan the shit out of your trip. 4 days are not enough to grasp the puzzle that is Mexico City.

Mexico City 11/8 - 11/12

Quote: (10-11-2012 09:12 PM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  

I am going to stay in a hotel in Polanco which is said to have the best girls in the city (rich girls too).

Good that was the area I was going to recommend. There is a mall near there, I forget the name but there are lots of cute rich Mexican girls at that mall. I was just there in November last year and July this year. How is your Spanish?

I hate to say it but 4 days really isn't enough.

Mexico City 11/8 - 11/12

Good stuff. I don't want to spend more than a few days on a first visit since I don't know what it will be like. This is more like a recon mission. If I end up liking it, I will visit more often soon. Of course I'll try to score but if it doesn't happen I'll understand a weekend wasn't enough time. Same thing in Denver, I got tons of numbers but very little time to spend with girls so I went for the ONS. Didn't happen though.

My Spanish is good for gaming and my friend I'm going with is a native speaker.

Mexico City 11/8 - 11/12

If you want a break from the gaming make sure to check out the pyramids at Teotihuacan, amazing stuff.

Mexico City 11/8 - 11/12

Quote: (10-11-2012 11:44 PM)germanico Wrote:  

All Im going to say now is: plan the shit out of your trip. 4 days are not enough to grasp the puzzle that is Mexico City.

Agreed, I'll be there for two months beginning in December.

Mexico City 11/8 - 11/12

Call me.

Mexico City 11/8 - 11/12

I sent you a PM Bars. Lots of folks sleep on Mexico City. I was surprised to read that its crime rate is just a third of DC's. I don't think most Americans would expect to learn it's that safe.

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/mexico/trave...cles/76638

Mexico City 11/8 - 11/12

When I stayed in Mexico City, I was stunned walking around at how ugly and fat everyone was.

This was first impressions, in 2009.

Of course Mexico has some gorgeous women. I actually am looking into a job based out of Mexico City right now, so I'd love to hear some more recent reports. Good luck down there, I would say check out Cuernavaca, if you had more time, but stick to the DF with your limited timeframe.

Keep Cuernavaca in your mind though, ask about it.

Mexico City 11/8 - 11/12

Quote: (11-04-2012 12:26 AM)Sonsowey Wrote:  

When I stayed in Mexico City, I was stunned walking around at how ugly and fat everyone was.

Unfortunately, it is true. In terms of fatness, Mexico and the United States are always battling each other for the #1 spot.

Quote: (11-04-2012 12:26 AM)Sonsowey Wrote:  

Of course Mexico has some gorgeous women.

Yeah they do exist, I know a few of them. I think the best way to get to these girls is getting into their social circle. Easier said than done, I know.

Alternatively, the best option would be to to hit high end malls. Look for ones that have Liverpool, Sanborns or several American stores.

If you are in Mexico City head west to Santa Fe and visit the "Centro Santa Fe" mall. A lot better looking girls there than I've seen in the rest of Mexico City.

Mexico City 11/8 - 11/12

I'll contribute something useful at least:

Check out La UNAM

It's the main University in Mexico City, with 300,000 students. There are taxis that spend all day carting people around campus. There is an art museum on campus, and tons of plays/concerts going on at all times. Lots of options for food. More than enough reason for a curious visiter to check it out, especially one who doesn't mind asking for directions.

There is a sculpture park in the woods. Like you reach what seems like the end of campus, and you see these huge sculptures off in the woods. Kids drink and smoke out there, and of course, it could be a great place to take a girl for a little walk to get away from it all. The plants that grow there, some of them look like they're out of Dr. Seuss (to a gringo's eye)

Around the University, of course, the area is full of students and nice cafe's, malls and things to do. It is a public university, students pay 1 Mexican Peso a year to attend, but it is also highly selective, students need to pass some national exam to be able to attend.

So the rich princesses probably won't be around there, but like any University, you'll find plenty of chicks to talk to, and honestly the place is amazing on its own. Hit it up during the day, lots of students are just chilling with nothing to do all day. People chatting, reading, playing music, blazing, drinking, playing soccer, you know the deal.

The Library is excellently decorated, lots of people on a field and some "islas" in plain view of it:

[Image: unam_biblioteca_500_375.jpg]

[Image: 005n2pol-1.jpg]

[Image: CU....jpg]

Mexico City 11/8 - 11/12

Quote: (11-04-2012 11:51 PM)Sonsowey Wrote:  

I'll contribute something useful at least:

Check out La UNAM

It's the main University in Mexico City, with 300,000 students. There are taxis that spend all day carting people around campus. There is an art museum on campus, and tons of plays/concerts going on at all times. Lots of options for food. More than enough reason for a curious visiter to check it out, especially one who doesn't mind asking for directions.

There is a sculpture park in the woods. Like you reach what seems like the end of campus, and you see these huge sculptures off in the woods. Kids drink and smoke out there, and of course, it could be a great place to take a girl for a little walk to get away from it all. The plants that grow there, some of them look like they're out of Dr. Seuss (to a gringo's eye)

Around the University, of course, the area is full of students and nice cafe's, malls and things to do. It is a public university, students pay 1 Mexican Peso a year to attend, but it is also highly selective, students need to pass some national exam to be able to attend.

So the rich princesses probably won't be around there, but like any University, you'll find plenty of chicks to talk to, and honestly the place is amazing on its own. Hit it up during the day, lots of students are just chilling with nothing to do all day. People chatting, reading, playing music, blazing, drinking, playing soccer, you know the deal.

The Library is excellently decorated, lots of people on a field and some "islas" in plain view of it:

[Image: unam_biblioteca_500_375.jpg]

[Image: 005n2pol-1.jpg]

[Image: CU....jpg]

Had to put this trip off because my main friend on the trip can no longer roll. Good thing is this is on the docket for very soon. I am talking to InternationalSwagger about hitting this city up together. I'll keep RVF posted.

Mexico City 11/8 - 11/12

I liked the area of Roma centro. Its just east of condesa (the most popular nightlife spot). Centered on calle Alvaro Obregon a few blocks east of Insurgentes (a major avenue). It had a sort of hipster/punk vibe to it, as compared to the more clubby/mainstream vibe I found in condesa. The bars there were also more chill/quieter, yet had a decent amount of 6's-9's.

The anchor bar is called Felix ("Feh leeks").

There is also a really fun club called Patrick Miller nearby., whose only regular night open is Friday. But its like a remake of saturday night fever. Girls were not amazing, but go if you want good atmosphere. Its on Merida just a few steps south of Ave Chapultepec.

I thought social circle game seemed to be king in Mexico City. I never got laid, but came very close to getting a young 5. I know others have been much luckier than me.

Someone here mentioned getting laid in Zona Rosa. If you go there you will see that is quite gay. But there are occasional sets of straight 7's and above wandering around the pedestrian avenues. And there are some clubs that cater to some straights I think. I had no luck there personally. But if you had a hotel nearby and hit it hard I think you could do okay. It definitely has the most sexy vibe of any area I had been to (I never saw polanco nightlife). Just DO NOT go into any strip club or follow anyone whispering offers. I met a guy who was robbed of $1800 in a strip club in zona Rosa.

Pata Negra in condesa is also the old standby bar and surrounded by a slew of bars.

Mexico City 11/8 - 11/12

Roma Centro around Alvaro Obregón is a good, central location to stay. A market/bazaar sets up there on weekends, with a hippy/hipster vibe. Good place to try some daygame.

Social circle gives you an upper hand, but its not so hard to pull off one night stands. However, logistics can make or break a lay in Mexico City, so be sure to have that locked down before you go out. At the very least, know the location to the nearest love hotel.

Zona Rosa after dark becomes the Pink Zone. Avoid. You might get lucky and find some girls to game, but its not worth the effort. Plus, besides the gay clubs, there are a ton of hustlers and bars that will try to pull the inflated tab scam on you.

However, do try Zona Rosa during the day, and perhaps a nice restaurant for dinner. Also, Zona Rosa is a short cab ride away from Condesa, Roma, and Reforma, so you have a bunch of options for later.

Mexico City 11/8 - 11/12

I think it might properly be called Roma sur (roma south). There seemed to be some disagreement about the boundaries of Roma but I just called it roma centro (central Roma). For a while I thought Roma norte was central Roma and I feel like I missed out by not discovering the other half.

About Zona Rosa. The guy I met told me that when he went to pay at the strip club, they told him prices were in US dollars. So a drink for 40 pesos ($3) became $40. So they told him he owed $1800. That just sounds ridiculous. Whats even more ridiculous is that they held him in the back office against his will while one of them took his ATM card to retrieve the money.

I dodged a bullet. I ducked into one of these places to use the bathroom and they tried to charge me 10 pesos. They kind of looked like they were going to give me a hard time. But after a minute I just walked out.

By the way, I spent 2 evenings running street game in UNAM area and didn't get anywhere substantial. Facebooks but nothing more. The girls I met seemed pretty innocent. It would not be my first choice looking for quick action. I heard that friday night is the night out there. Which I never attended. There are some bars there.

By the way, Playa del carmen (mexican city) rocks. Its noisy, but nowhere else have I had a girls' friends insist that I kiss her. Literally. Not joking. As in just will not stop as in terminator "you must kess da girl naow!" And they were mexican girls. My friend pulled a girl to do her behind the hostel desk (he works there). Bus is about $15 from Cancun and there are tons of dirt cheap hotels/hostels just steps from the beach/nightlife. I also got my 2nd clear approach from a girl in Mexico.

Mexico City 11/8 - 11/12

In the December 2012 issue of Conde Nast Traveler, they did a write-up of Mexico City. Here's the link to their website. There may be some spots highlighted that you guys may want to hit while there...

http://www.cntraveler.com/mexicocity

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

Mexico City 11/8 - 11/12

Quote: (11-05-2012 06:21 PM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  

Had to put this trip off because my main friend on the trip can no longer roll. Good thing is this is on the docket for very soon. I am talking to InternationalSwagger about hitting this city up together. I'll keep RVF posted.

Keep me posted on this, I'm 100% game for this trip as well.

Mexico City 11/8 - 11/12

Bumping up this thread again. Revising the dates. Hitting Mexico City on 2/1. Staying for 3-4 days. I'm pipelining and staying in a hotel on Paseo Reforma. Looking to check out Polanco bars at night.

Mexico City 11/8 - 11/12

Quote: (11-06-2012 04:32 AM)kavakid Wrote:  

About Zona Rosa. The guy I met told me that when he went to pay at the strip club, they told him prices were in US dollars. So a drink for 40 pesos ($3) became $40. So they told him he owed $1800. That just sounds ridiculous. Whats even more ridiculous is that they held him in the back office against his will while one of them took his ATM card to retrieve the money.

I dodged a bullet. I ducked into one of these places to use the bathroom and they tried to charge me 10 pesos. They kind of looked like they were going to give me a hard time. But after a minute I just walked out.

I agree about the strip club thing in Mexico City. Don't do it. Had a fun trip back this past December actually before heading out to Spain, but it was a "guys trip" with 3 other dudes who were peer pressuring so I didn't want to be the cheap ass flake therefore going along.

Each drink was $50.00 as strippers had two rounds each. Bill came out to somewhere along lines of $1000.00 that we didn't know about but arguing commenced until 9AM in the morning as they took only $500.00 split between three people. These were probably the hottest strippers from not just Mexico but all over Latin America I had ever been around ever as they all had breast and ass implants. Relatively speaking, we dodged a bullet though as management held one of our friends hostage as even the cops got involved.

Mexico City 11/8 - 11/12

Im surprised they can get away with such obvious extortion in such a relatively prominent and international location in the city's capitol.

Mexico City 11/8 - 11/12

You guys heard of this university in Mexico called NAUM?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Au..._of_Mexico

325,000 students! Is night game even necessary? [Image: lol.gif]

Mexico City 11/8 - 11/12

Quote: (01-28-2013 05:48 PM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  

You guys heard of this university in Mexico called NAUM?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Au..._of_Mexico

325,000 students! Is night game even necessary? [Image: lol.gif]

I hit up the campus and area around UNAM in mexico city. Not sure if its the same place but its big. Anyhow UNAM was a'ight but logistics seemed not ideal with most girls not living near it. Also, they didnt seem to party at the nearby bars during the week. Thursday is usually the biggest night out for students. I think someone mentioned friday being good too. But anyhow, yes, day game is ideal. I basically did circles in the blocks between the campus and the subway station and hooked a lot of sets. But it seemed to hard to pursuit any further. Mexico City is SO big. Anyhow, I think its doable. If your looks or game are above average you should do okay in mexico city but its not a pussy paradise for most....

Mexico City 11/8 - 11/12

I am in Mexico City at the moment. Contact me anyone if you want to hang out.

The "National Autonomous University of Mexico" and UNAM are the same thing. And its HUGE.

Advantages I see of day gaming at CU (Ciudad Universitaria, UNAMs main campus):

- The place is huge, so you will never run out of opportunities.
- Lots of people, lots of students, lots of girls. Just set post at a walkway or intersection and approach until you drop.
- Cheap food. I had a huge fresh-made tortilla taco with everything (and that means everything. Beef, pork, onions, potatoes, nopales, chorizo, beans, rice, cheese and 2 types of salsa) for $20 pesos (around $1.50) earlier today. Food is incredibly cheap in Mexico City)
- Most guys here seem to be young with no game, so a seasoned player will have a definite advantage.
- Foreigners could play their novelty factor to their advantage.
-A very open and relaxed atmosphere. Everybody looks cool and relaxed.

Disadvantages:

- The girls. The quality of the talent Ive seen here is not very impressive. I saw a few cute girls today, but thats all. Most of them are plain janes or working class hippies. Perhaps it would be different in a more female-heavy area, I spend most of the day around the Engineering building, so, admittedly not a very female friendly zone. Even so, 8+ girls seem to be rare
-There are no ATMs inside campus, so be prepared.
-Internet. Have a data plan as logging in the internal network is tricky, even if you get someone to lend you their username and password.
- The place is huge, so you have to walk around a lot to get around.

Commentaries:

-There seem to be a lot of groups lounging around. Hit up the grassy areas and approach casually.

-This is untested, but there are a lot of open spaces and my boy here says that you can hide in the bushes or in a dark corner and sneak a quicky.

-There are a lot of extracurricular activities and classes. If you are planning on spending some time in the city, just show up to the ones you are interested in.

Mexico City 11/8 - 11/12

A good place to go for checking out chicks at least would be the bullfighting matches that occur on Sundays. Lots of hotties, but I think most of them are with their bfs, husbands, or families.

Mexico City 11/8 - 11/12

Get early to the second floor of Pata Negra in the corner of Tamaulipas and Nuevo León in La Condesa. Like shooting fish in a barrel.