rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Where would you rather spend a semester studying?

Shit.

The question should say.

In your opinion, which location offers the best experience?

I am studying abroad for a semester next year and I am in the process of choosing where I want to go. I would be in the location from September to December of 2013. The price of each school will cost the same as the tuition of my current college.

Spain would be fun and I have been taking Spanish, but, perhaps Shanghai would be a better option in the long haul.

Each location offers a business/international business program as well as cultural studies.

Kickboxer,

As with most study abroad locations, I don't think you can go wrong with any of them. In my view, study abroad is about both fun and connections/laying ground work for possible career moves. So I chose Sao Paolo for a few reasons:

1) Brazil & China are the two economic powerhouses among the countries offered. I would give Brazil the edge because you have a much better chance of becoming proficient in Portuguese before fall 2013 than in Chinese. Of course speaking the language makes the experience much more enriching and offers you way more opportunity.

2) Also, I give the edge to Brazilian girls.

3) You will end your semester during the beginning of summer and therefore be able to go on a beach tour of Brazil before returning home.

I studied in Barcelona and had the best year of my life, such an amazing city to live in. Though this was before the red pill so I'm not sure how it would go if your after the roosher lifestyle. The best thing about Europe is being able to take weekend breaks to so many different places. Jump on a plane for 2 hours and you can do a weekend mission to Poland.

Toronto, Canada. You would be so bored, you would actually focus on your books and get your degree.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

Read this before choosing.

My man, for life development, like the other posters said, you're not going to go wrong with any of those places. But most study abroad students don't make the best of their opportunity for so many reasons.

Here's what happens:

1. 95% of exchange leave the country and can't even speak more than 10 words in the local language (2 for those who go to China)

2. 95% of exchange dudes are so scared of interacting local women that they just sleep with the chubby white girls from their study abroad group. If you go abroad and you sleep with 2 girls from that country, you'll have done of 90% better than the rest of the schmucks in your program. But 2 is a fucking tiny number, and if you play your cards right from the beginning...your game and life will improve 200%. It happened to me.

3. Nobody bothers to make friends with the locals. This is so crucial and makes the experience turn from just a party abroad to a life CHANGING experience.

4. Nobody learns a god damn thing. Everyone just parties the entire time. If you're worried about the academic program and you're in undergrad... please stop worrying. If you're graduate or PhD...consider the quality of the classes.

Here's what you need to do:

Learn the language, make awesome friends from that country and everywhere else (you'll eventually have cribs to crash all ALL OVER THE WORLD), and you'll very quickly put yourself ahead the masses. Study abroad classes are easy because the universities want easy money from foreign students who pay WAY more than locals, so you won't really learn that much unless you actually stay in and study all night (completely defeating the purpose of study abroad). If you put in the effort, you will leave speaking the language.

My advice would be Brazil or Argentina because latin people are fucking awesome. The women are gorgeous, flirtatious, sensual, and absolutely insane (you'll learn more about women in one year in Latin America than 99% of the white dudes). The dudes are not scared of talking to women, are SUPER aggressive, and will help you get laid, unlike a lot of the bros in the US and Europe. Flirting here is 100x less serious than most western countries. The point is to go out and have fun.

Shanghai will be a party, but mostly with other students and expatriates. The Chinese have a way different culture, that to be perfectly honest...just isn't as fun as Latin, US, or Eastern European culture. A lot of the dudes on this forum talk shit about girls from Argentina. I say pish-fucking-posh. No, girls in Buenos Aires are NOT easy. But if you bust your chops here...you'll be set. The girls are gorgeous, and will reward you for your efforts. Trust me.

Whether Brazil or China is a powerhouse really doesn't matter. Learn the language and IMMERSE yourself in the culture. If you don't do either of these things (you HAVE TO DO BOTH), then you won't thrive in ANY country you go to.

Oh, and stay for a year. It's just a super long vacation for the people who only stay for six months. One year and you will go back a better person.

Thanks for the insight fellas.

I'm not trying to influence you or anything [Image: lol.gif]

Only in Brazil: nationwide pageant for cutest female bottom
http://news.ph.msn.com/weird-news/only-i...e-bottom-1

Team Nachos

If you like Asian girls a lot, I'd say China. If you don't, or are indifferent, then Brazil.

If your white and young, you'v got game but your not pulling 10s from hollywood clubs, if i were you I'd want to go somewhere I could easily get laid, live cheaply and in general have a comfortable and good time there.

You wanna learn spanish, I cant think of anywhere better than Peru. Mind you Ive never been to other latin american countries but from what i read, no where compares to the ease of pulling, cheapness and in general safety of the place.

The thread on 50 most dangerous cities in the world on the forum, your not gonna see a city on peru anywhere near it. Then again if your in a third world country and the roads are starting to resemble desert, get the fuck out of there.

Do yourself a favour and read my thread on why you didnt kill it in poosy paradise if you do decide on going to one of the reputable poosy paradises of the world.

Quote: (10-11-2012 04:48 PM)kickboxer Wrote:  

Shit.

The question should say.

In your opinion, which location offers the best experience?

I am studying abroad for a semester next year and I am in the process of choosing where I want to go. I would be in the location from September to December of 2013. The price of each school will cost the same as the tuition of my current college.

Spain would be fun and I have been taking Spanish, but, perhaps Shanghai would be a better option in the long haul.

Each location offers a business/international business program as well as cultural studies.

I've been to Buenos Aires, Alicante, Barcelona, Seville and Madrid, and I've lived my whole life in São Paulo. But I haven't yet visited China, Italy or Costa Rica, so I'll restrict myself to the places I know.

Spain is awesome, and I loved the weeks I spent there while I was travelling in Europe. It is a beautiful and friendly country, not very expensive, and easy to get around. I've seriously considered living there for some time, but I'm now much less romantic about that thought.

The thing with Spain is that people will be nice to you and they'll talk to you there, but they will never accept you as their own. Regardless of your friendship level with them, it is very likely that you will always be considered a foreigner and an outsider above all else, and that they simply won't allow you the access to their groups like they would allow it to a spaniard. As much as I liked my time there, this made me rethink some future plans.

And if you're not getting close with the locals, then you're going to befriend the other foreign students. It's up to you wether this is a good or a bad thing. But if I'm going to a different country to study and learn about culture and women, I want to be friends with the locals, talk to them in their language, learn about how they live. If not, it's like going abroad and only fucking the girls in the hostels, instead of the native women.

Out of the options in Spain, I'd choose Madrid. I just didn't like Barcelona (too many tourists, expensive). Seville and Alicante are very nice in different ways, but I believe their relatively small size would start to annoy me if I was planning to stay there for a year. That may not be the case with you, though, since you only want to stay for a few months.

Buenos Aires is a very nice city and it is a good option, great place and very cheap. However the country is very unstable economically and social circles are also a bit hard to crack. Still, cool place.

As to São Paulo: very different style from the other ones mentioned.

For starters, the metro region houses 20 million people. It is expensive as fuck. Real estate prices are escalating in a huge bubble that will soon pop. Traffic jams are absurd (yesterday was the second highest of the year: 259km inside the city). It is a brutal and cruel city. You got to watch your back all the time around here.

However...

There are many good schools here.
The nightlife is awesome.
Girls like gringos.
Depending on where you are gonna study, you will have some of the hottest girls of the city in your class.
You'll have a place for yourself without parents, which is a major thing here, and will open many possibilities (few girls in their early twenties have already left their parents' home).
The market is growing and expanding.
Knowledge of portuguese is a differential in comparison with spanish. (How many americans speak spanish and how many speak portuguese?). Also, if you pick up on portuguese, spanish will be piece of cake.

The greatest thing, though, is that people will be friendly and take you in, introduce you to their friends, family, take you out.

What institution do you plan to enroll in if you choose SP? PM me if you prefer not to reveal it here or have any questions.

I would choose Madrid as well. Barcelona is a great city and I personally would rather live in , but I liked the "vibe" in Madrid much more if only for a semester and wanting to see a new culture. It seems like a better historical experience as well and more cultural depth.

I really thing you should go to Barcelona. Why? because of hot and tanned Iberian chicks everywhere (who are almost as sexualized as your average american but without the feminist bullshit). Then also it's a great city with a very vibrant college scene. And one of the most important things is that if you game (or network, whatever) people from the upper strates of society, you should get a lot of contacts with important biz people which could help you a lot in the future.

Or you could go to Sao Paulo which is basically the same thing but with hot brazilian chicks with big booties. [Image: banana.gif]

Pd: Social Game is really fucking important in all South American countries, because they are elitist societies.

@ Titan, your right about one thing they are elitist, which is why gringos tend to have it easier than darker looking people bar the likes of argentina where no one has a particuarly easy time.

Thers plenty of countries in south america where social game doesnt matter, you can still fuck a shitload by picking your venues carefully and not wasting time trying to game girls that are just lukewarm or plain uninterested in you.