rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Lance Armstrong pretty much finished now

http://www.businessinsider.com/usada-evi...ng-2012-10

I would have probably done everything he did to be the best at something in the world

" I'M NOT A CHRONIC CUNT LICKER "

Canada, where the women wear pants and the men wear skinny jeans

Lance Armstrong is just one of many in a dirty sport. Countless top riders have gotten busted, and the only thing that separated them from Lance (other than actually winning races), was that Lance never tested dirty. Over 500 random tests, and they never busted him. Riders that did get busted, or riders on his team that were there only to help Lance win, dimed him out because they were jealous. I think since Lance has been retired from riding for a while, he's tired of dealing with this. They can strip him of his Tour de France titles, but it doesn't change the fact that he went out there, against other riders that were doping, and beat them all 7 times. He simply was better than the rest of the cheaters. I actually question how much this really hurts his legacy. He still beat cancer (and if you've seen pics of him when he was sick, he was at death's door. The testicular cancer had spread to his lungs and brain, and he beat it), and returned to win. His Livestrong campaign is going stronger than ever, with donations up over last year. He's had major movers and shakers around the world on speed dial, and other athletes straight on his dick wanting to meet him. Lance will be just fine.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

You better read the whole article. More than once he tested positive and they covered it up. Even dating back to 1998 or 1999.

I do agree though that the doping only plays a small part of what he accomplished. Much like steroids, you still have to have talent and put the time and effort in to be a champion. More importantly being a role model and survivor will be his real legacy, but it is always sad when I giant falls.

Also he may not be fine. Sponsors can drop him and sue as well. This could get quite hairy for him.

A larger question is why would USADA cover up the results of positive tests for Lance, but not do the same for other top riders that tested positive? Bottom line, if they didn't announce the positive test and suspend him like other riders, as far as I'm concerned, he didn't test positive. It's the same thing as saying that an athlete that refuses to take a test is considered to have tested positive. If they refuse to divulge the results of a positive test, the athlete tested negative for performance-enhancing drugs as far as I'm concerned. In general I have an issue with governing bodies in sport that suspend athletes, but won't divulge their evidence, and it's only after appeals and dragging out the process that they produce what they should have in the beginning. If you have the proof. tell us what it is and you'll get no argument from most people. He either tested positive or he didn't.

Lance and his team only had sponsors when they were training and racing. Since he's been retired, his job is his foundation, which really has nothing to do with riding. It's about cancer research, and his only real "sponsor" is Nike. From the beginning of this, they've stated they are soundly in Lance's corner. Nike has stuck by other athletes that have had public issues. Corporations that may donate to the foundation still will. He's no longer Lance the athlete - he's Lance the cancer survivor. Even with the doping, Lance is still seen as a winner, and as I stated before, everyone knows cycling is dirty anyway. It's a sport that most people don't even care about here in the states - it's really a European thing. I think long ago most people felt Lance was doping anyway, and decided long ago that they didn't care.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

Along the same lines, I watched the espn 30 for 30 documentary 9.79* last night, about the 1988 Olympic 100 meter dash. Fantastic stuff. The production does a great job of blurring the lines between what is right and wrong in terms of doping, and villians as forgivable and heroes as villians. I don't want to give it away, as there is a lot of information that had never been publicly seen before that is a bit surprising.

Quote: (10-10-2012 10:47 PM)MaleDefined Wrote:  

Along the same lines, I watched the espn 30 for 30 documentary 9.79* last night, about the 1988 Olympic 100 meter dash. Fantastic stuff. The production does a great job of blurring the lines between what is right and wrong in terms of doping, and villians as forgivable and heroes as villians. I don't want to give it away, as there is a lot of information that had never been publicly seen before that is a bit surprising.

I missed the doc, but I remember those games and the controversy vividly. At the time, athletes on the circuit KNEW Ben Johnson was doping, but he was cycling roids at the right time to be clean by the time he tested. He was showing all the signs (in particular, yellowing of the eyes), and his physique was so much more muscular than anyone elses.

Quote: (10-10-2012 11:12 PM)Timoteo Wrote:  

I missed the doc, but I remember those games and the controversy vividly. At the time, athletes on the circuit KNEW Ben Johnson was doping, but he was cycling roids at the right time to be clean by the time he tested. He was showing all the signs (in particular, yellowing of the eyes), and his physique was so much more muscular than anyone elses.

It's about 85 minutes in running time. Well worth a watch. I don't know much about the sport, but have always found the 100m dash fascinating. I was glued the entire time.

Color me shocked. Anybody who thinks these guys were riding through 600 miles of French Alps armed only with Gatorade and a pocket full of dreams is either full of shit or a nine year old.

Lance was the best of a doped up generation of riders. No shit. Move along nothing to see here.

I could care less if he was doping or not. It doesn't take away from the fact that he put in the work. This guy trained harder than all of the competition coming back from deaths door to beat everyone 7 TIMES. I don't care who you are, you can dope all you want, it doesn't make you THAT good at something. I've met the guy, and read his book, and I can tell you firsthand he's one of the greatest motivators of our generation.

The real Olympic sport: passing drug tests. In this, Lance is the king.

rationalize_this,

You're staying true to your name by rationalizing Armstrong's doping himself up to his eyeballs.

Nobody argues that doping alone makes you that good at something. Its that at this level of cycling, everybody has world class talent and is busting their ass, and just the slightest edge differentiates the tour de france winner from 10th place.

Who wants to see the winners gain their place by having the best access to doctors, drugs, resources, and information? As soup mentioned, to some that may be some kind of sport, but its definitely not cycling.

Quote: (10-11-2012 07:52 PM)MaleDefined Wrote:  

Quote: (10-10-2012 11:12 PM)Timoteo Wrote:  

It's about 85 minutes in running time. Well worth a watch. I don't know much about the sport, but have always found the 100m dash fascinating. I was glued the entire time.

With all of the events at the Olympics, the 100 meter final is STILL the must-see event. It's over quickly, but holds more tension and drama than any other event. Races are still the most pure form of competition. No judges, no scores except for the time at the end. Whoever hits the line first. And the guy that wins holds the title of the world's fastest man.

He's coming out as gay as well.

http://dailycurrant.com/2013/01/17/lance...oprah-gay/

Team Nachos

'If you're not cheating you're not trying." - Old racers adage

Quote: (01-18-2013 02:42 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

Quote:Quote:

Armstrong also used the occasion to announce his new charity - Live Fabulous - which will help promote the cause of marriage equality in the United States.

...I can't wait to see everyone wearing these bracelets

Quote: (01-18-2013 02:42 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

Convenient.

Time for Lance to find a new niche, marriage equality.

wow, I'm actually laughing at the comments earlier in this thread. I'd love to pull them apart one by one, starting with the 500 tests myth

He's a cunt, end of. Destroyed cycling for a decade. It's like America had never heard of bicycles before Lance Armstrong, even worse is I'm sure it never came out in america, doping contributed to him losing a testicle.

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

He should have kept denying it, they tested him 500 times and found nothing.

Anyway tells me that the testing is piss poor and/or very slack.

No way should he have been able to cheat for so long and not be caught out, others must be in on this?

The officials are guilty of poor testing, Lance saw a gap and went for it.

Me think he wants to get back into some sort of professional sport

"Lifes about, shooting your load"

I think one of the reasons that he is done is that anytime he got accused by anyone of doping he went after them viciously. I can't remember the name but one of his teammate's wife told reporters that she was sure that he was doping and he went after her character and whatnot. He also sued many people/newspapers and won most of the times. The other dopers weren't as big as him and didn't viciously lash out at anyone who spoke the truth. Shows that he's a bully since he was the face of the sport and benefited the most financially from the doping. Who even watches cycling anyway? Crappy sport with shitty athletes (most of whom take steroids).

Quote: (01-18-2013 04:00 PM)TheSlayer Wrote:  

I think one of the reasons that he is done is that anytime he got accused by anyone of doping he went after them viciously. I can't remember the name but one of his teammate's wife told reporters that she was sure that he was doping and he went after her character and whatnot.

It was his teammate Frankie's wife, Betsy Andreu. He even mentions in the Oprah interview "I called her a liar, a bitch, but I never called her fat!"

Quote: (01-18-2013 04:00 PM)RASER Wrote:  

He should have kept denying it, they tested him 500 times and found nothing.

Anyway tells me that the testing is piss poor and/or very slack.

No way should he have been able to cheat for so long and not be caught out, others must be in on this?

The officials are guilty of poor testing, Lance saw a gap and went for it.

Me think he wants to get back into some sort of professional sport

"Lifes about, shooting your load"

Dude you better re-read the article. He was caught numerous times. Everyone worked to cover it up. It wasn't poor testing, it was all around poor judgement by everyone involved.

This is a case of the cover up being worse than the crime. An American by the name of Landis won the tour shortly after Lance had his last win. It came out that he was doping, and was stripped of his title. Nobody has heard from him since.

Lance's entire empire is built on a lie. He's not sorry for what he did. He's just trying to make amends with the public so that he can hock more of his shit. WFAN's Mike Francessa said it best: "I'll buy it if he's coming clean and goes away. If he's doing it to repair his image, then I don't believe him. Make your apology and go away."

10/14/15: The day I learned that convicted terrorists are treated with more human dignity than veterans.

It really needs to be harped on just how much of a scumbag Armstrong is. By all accounts, the guy made life a living hell for hundreds of people with the courage to speak against him.

This is one of the few instances where I say even after an apology, the guy deserves to be buried by the world, never to be seen again. I'll be disgusted if the USADA lifts his lifetime ban, whether it be for cycling, triathalons, or ANYTHING.

I also don't believe for a second that this narcissistic sack of shit didn't dope in 2009 and 2010. He's trying to put some time-distance between him and the doping, and avoid criminal liability by refusing to admit to doping for a period for which he could still run into a prosecution.

I thought this was one of those things that the media tossed out to distract the masses. It's been a continuing saga over how many years. It's tabloid journalism to keep people from talking about more important issues.

It's almost bad as having the royals shoved down our throats on the cover of every magazine.