rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Is Montreal the last hope for poosy paradise in the Anglosphere?

I don't know but I'm going to find out. In two weeks I'm headed there for at least one weekend. To help with this flag mission I've been boning up on my Spanish.

Why are you learning Spanish for Montreal?

Typo??

[Image: hype.gif]

Haha, but don't they speak français Roosh?

Quote: (10-09-2012 06:14 PM)Khaleth Wrote:  

Why are you learning Spanish for Montreal?

Typo??

Maybe he's so famous now he has to pose as a illegeal migrant worker from Honduras. The IRT, Jezebel, feminist, and white-knight armies are looking for a reckoning. RUN ROOSH RUN!!!

Quote: (10-09-2012 06:09 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

I don't know but I'm going to find out. In two weeks I'm headed there for at least one weekend. To help with this flag mission I've been boning up on my Spanish.

I would think you would need more than one weekend to really get a feel for the place. Either ways, good luck. I guess you are totally fed up with the USA if your stay here barely lasted one month.

LOL!

Pardon the pedantry, but Montreal, though in Canada, is more culturally associated with the Francosphere than the Anglosphere. The rest of Quebec even moreso.

I can't have sex with your personality, and I can't put my penis in your college degree, and I can't shove my fist in your childhood dreams, so why are you sharing all this information with me?

Bring your suit!

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Anglosphere, Spanish [Image: huh.gif]

Off topic: I met some older people from Quebec when I was in Lima. They seemed different from any other North Americans I've ever met. Very interesting, quiet, and nice. Not sure if everyone is like that there in Quebec.

Perhaps he is fishing for an hispanic immigrant to double up his flags per notch.

I'm glad to hear you're heading up there. Definitely one of my favorite cities on the planet. May - September is ideal but you will find stuff to get into no doubt. Look at my data sheet. Should be some updates from some guys who've been more recently than I (May 2012).

Try to stay for longer than a weekend though I wouldn't be surprised if you found success sooner. French will be helpful.

Maybe Roosh wants to play the sophisticated Spanish or Latin Lover Angle, with the French speaking Montreal ladies. Looks wise he could pull it off. I dont know his level of Spanish, but most people from Quebec wouldnt be able to tell he has an American accent in Spanish, unless it was very mediocre.

Quote: (10-09-2012 07:45 PM)chochemonger1 Wrote:  

Maybe Roosh wants to play the sophisticated Spanish or Latin Lover Angle, with the French speaking Montreal ladies. Looks wise he could pull it off.

Yes, this is what I was thinking. Montreal is no stranger to guys that look like Roosh. There is a very heavy Arab contingent, from Moroccan to Lebanese. Posing as a suave, Latin gentleman sounds like a good move.

I was just there and posted on another thread about my findings there which should dial you in good. Definitely try and hit New Gas City on a Thursday or Saturday as that is supposedly THE new hotspot.

You can do damage there in a weekend I think. Not ideal amount of time but you can make it wo

Good luck and looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

Enjoy Montreal and try to mix it up between the French and English parts. I honestly think you should spend a few months in Quebec, maybe a couple in Montreal and a couple in Quebec City, I would definitely buy "Bang Quebec".

In all honesty, English Quebeckers ain't no prize. They are just your typical North American.
French Quebeckers are where it's at though if you speak le français.

You'd want to go to Crescent Street or St-Laurent Blvd (although younger crowd).
Saint-Denis is more of a French crowd in my opinion.

You should take the step of learning their bizarre cuss words, which are unique to french canada. Basically, they hate the Catholic church so much up there, that words associated with the church which would be perfectly clean in any other language are considered derogatory when directed at some person or thing.

A sampling:
Tabarnak—Tabernacle (i.e. a receptacle for the consecrated elements of the Eucharist; especially: an ornamental locked box used for reserving the Communion wafers--I heard this one much more than the others
Chrisse—Christ
Ôstie—Host (as in the little white Communion wafer)
Câlisse—Chalice (the cup of the Eucharist for the wine/Jesus’ blood)
Ciboire—Another cup
Sacrament—Sacrament

I didn't believe it at first either, but it's true. Great conversational fodder. "hey that bartender keeps calling me a tabernacle. Is that guy nuts or what?" Alternatively, if a girls' being stuck up and/or suspicious of your foreigner status, revealing you know this little known fact in a subtle way will likely loosen her up a bit.

you can read more in the vice guide to montreal (vice magazine began in montreal) which is definitely worth a quick pursuing.
http://www.viceland.com/int/guide_mtl/htdocs/index.html

Quote: (10-09-2012 09:38 PM)Jeans Wrote:  

You should take the step of learning their bizarre cuss words, which are unique to french canada. Basically, they hate the Catholic church so much up there, that words associated with the church which would be perfectly clean in any other language are considered derogatory when directed at some person or thing.

A sampling:
Tabarnak—Tabernacle (i.e. a receptacle for the consecrated elements of the Eucharist; especially: an ornamental locked box used for reserving the Communion wafers--I heard this one much more than the others
Chrisse—Christ
Ôstie—Host (as in the little white Communion wafer)
Câlisse—Chalice (the cup of the Eucharist for the wine/Jesus’ blood)
Ciboire—Another cup
Sacrament—Sacrament

If you want to sound like a proper Quebecois, say a few angrily in quick succession, like "tabarnak-ostie-fuck-calisse!"

I can't have sex with your personality, and I can't put my penis in your college degree, and I can't shove my fist in your childhood dreams, so why are you sharing all this information with me?

I've always been surprised by the amount of love Montreal gets on here. I here this too all the time from friends of mine. I'll have to drive down one week and check it out.

Damn, with all the Canadian people Roosh has on this forum, maybe he should hold a "Montreal Meetup."

Even if it is I really don't think you can classify it as "anglosphere". It felt extremely french to me on the whole apart from a few English areas.

I think he said anglosphere and spanish on purpose.

I was joking about the Spanish. [Image: smile.gif]

Quote: (10-10-2012 12:01 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

I was joking about the Spanish. [Image: smile.gif]

Though Roosh, if all things fail without french, try the suave latin approach and bust out a couple of phrases in spanish. Instead of Burt you can call yourself Enrique.[Image: idea.gif] Most quebecois women I have met have liked this approach.

Quote: (10-10-2012 12:46 AM)The Texas Prophet Wrote:  

Damn, with all the Canadian people Roosh has on this forum, maybe he should hold a "Montreal Meetup."
If it wasn't $1000 for the flight I'd be down.