rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Text Message Struggle Thread

I personally struggle with texting. I normally always lose unless after some text exchanges the girl picks up her phone.
I don't know where I am fucking up at half the time. I really feel its important to improve my text game and I dont know where to start.

If anyone has certain text struggles then advice can be given Here.
Screenshots, Text, whatever.

I posted this in the newb forum.

I met this girl on the street a little over a week ago. When I went for the number she told me she had a boyfriend but I handed her my phone and she put her number in. Here is the text conversation.

One week ago:

Me (6:41pm) hey [girl] how are you?

Her (10:31pm) Fine thanks. Did you find the pet shop?

Me (9:34am) yeah i found one near the city center. hey would you like to hang out later in the week?

Radio silence.

I did a restart text today.

Me (2:43pm) hey [girl] how was your weekend?

Her (6:56pm) hey there sorry that i didn't answer your message.weekend was fine..but had to work.i actually would like to meet for a coffee.it's just that i have a boyfriend..and somehow it would feel a bit strange to meet you.i hope that you'll get used to germany soon though.please don' t be mad..it just wouldn' t be nice of me. take care!

What is the best way to reply?

Drop it.

she's brought up the boyfriend twice and already said it'd be weird. Let her go and move on.

OP- post some examples of your text game so we can dissect.

Second Cruisen for both points.

Have one, met this Colombian chick on Sat night. Was literally right at the very end of the night while everyone was being kicked out so no chance for makeout or anything. Got her number and sent her a text anyway but was expecting 5% chance of a reply, anyway:

Me: Hey xxx, its your favourite Australian from *location* how are you?

Her: Hahah ohh my favourite one! I'm well thanks how are you?

Me: Hey where are my smileys remember? (I did that thing where you tell them if you text them they have to reply with lots of smileys etc) Anyway I'm good thanks, watch ya up to this week? Wanna go for a drink, just so I can practice my Spanish of course.

Her: [Image: smile.gif] Im quite busy but maybe I can make time for a drink

Me: Thats better. How's Wed evening for you?

Her: Wed evening around 8?

Me: I can do that. How about around *location/area*?

Nothing back since. Should I just wait this one out and maybe send a restart tommorow? Really don't care if I dont meet up with this one as I expected it to be a long shot anyway, good for practice though.

what is you exact problem with texting? what's wrong?

My advice would be to ensure her you have no intention of assuming the role of her boyfriend, but you did in fact have a great time talking to her and would like to get to know her as a person.

If she accepts then you can ask her if she is allergic to latex [Image: smile.gif]

Quote: (10-08-2012 10:53 PM)Lucky Wrote:  

I posted this in the newb forum.

I met this girl on the street a little over a week ago. When I went for the number she told me she had a boyfriend but I handed her my phone and she put her number in. Here is the text conversation.

One week ago:

Me (6:41pm) hey [girl] how are you?

Her (10:31pm) Fine thanks. Did you find the pet shop?

Me (9:34am) yeah i found one near the city center. hey would you like to hang out later in the week?

Radio silence.

I did a restart text today.

Me (2:43pm) hey [girl] how was your weekend?

Her (6:56pm) hey there sorry that i didn't answer your message.weekend was fine..but had to work.i actually would like to meet for a coffee.it's just that i have a boyfriend..and somehow it would feel a bit strange to meet you.i hope that you'll get used to germany soon though.please don' t be mad..it just wouldn' t be nice of me. take care!

What is the best way to reply?

Check out Braddock's book on text and phone game. It's a bit outdated and old school but the timing fundamentals are good. Read it, read all of the examples in there, read every example of texting in RVF you can find (use search), check out http://hetexted.com and you'll pick up the right attitude and hit the floor running.

If you're going to try, go all the way. There is no other feeling like that. You will be alone with the gods, and the nights will flame with fire. You will ride life straight to perfect laughter. It's the only good fight there is.

Disable "Click here to Continue"

My Testosterone Adventure: Part I | Part II | Part III | Part IV | Part V

Quote:Quote:
if it happened to you it’s your fault, I got no sympathy and I don’t believe your version of events.

I get lots of radio Silence! I usually delete the text and the number when shit goes bad. I'll take a Screenshot and show you what I mean, when it does happen again.

Do you really think that you have the power to shift an entire Zeit Geist of texting back to phone calls? If you can do this, please let us know how. Otherwise, phone calls can make you look like an obsessive freak. I don't care if it's MRA approved or whatever.

How long do you guys keep the number of a girl who has gone cold on you? I used to delete them right away, but now I keep them and send mass restart texts once a month.

I'll text when need be, but i feel like I have the power of the tongue on my side when i call. There is little confusion as I can be sarcastic and humorous, you can read her emotions as well. Rapport can be built via phone, therefore giving you a larger window with your prospect , if you didnt have enough time to do so when you closed.
From what I have read so far, texting is basically just for setting up the quick bang/ date/ meet up...etc. no chit chat. Flaking would def. increase as a result.
Still i want to improve.
I text with about a 2:1 time ratio, girls often tell me I suck at texting. (a good thing) New prospects after the club, okc often give radio silence after a few exchanges. I'll type up an example later on today when I get the time.

I feel like not capitalizing on this will cost me a lot of bangs in the long run as technology expands