rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

favorite salsa/hot sauce thread

ever since i moved to mexico i have trouble eating anything without spice. mexicans take spice to a new level. they put it on fruit and even in their beers, this culture invented micheladas. anyway i want to know what hot sauce, salsa do you use.

my favorite is salsa macha.
i cant eat eggs without it

"Salsa Macha or “Brave Man’s Salsa”, is hardly a salsa at all. Popular in the region of Veracruz, Mexico, this salsa is actually just ground whole fried chiles. It ranges in texture from a dry and chunky topping to be sprinkled on foods to a more fluid version that can include peanuts or hefty amounts of oil.

Regardless of its preferred preparation style, salsa macha is packed with tongue blistering fire that is adored by both purists and adventure seekers alike. Served as an accompaniment for everything from roasted meats to toasted bread, this simple salsa is a sure way to increase the intensity level of your favorite Mexican dish without complicating it with overbearing flavors that would mask the perfection of clean heat."
source http://www.examiner.com/article/salsa-ma...lsa-recipe

Game/red pill article links

"Chicks dig power, men dig beauty, eggs are expensive, sperm is cheap, men are expendable, women are perishable." - Heartiste

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ9tT7EsNjQVNCDIIsyEH4...2EPOFRqIqw]

[Image: Daves_insanity_sauce.jpg]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSaIaN-ap7P-gHegS7u5WL...41rjkqSgjA]

...this would take too long. I like anything spicy. I've never met a hot sauce I didn't like, although I do like some more than others. I use sriracha on damn near everything

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

Tabasco, Red Rooster and Crystal for me!

[attachment=8065]
This stuff is the best

I keep this at home:
[Image: original_productgroup.png]

My grandpa makes his own salsa so I usually grab some of that.

[Image: FranksBottleShot1.jpg]

Not too hot, and has a nice strong pepper flavor. Lots of other hot sauces have more heat than flavor.

[Image: Jacks-Salsa.jpg]

[Image: 4F548D8F-6510-E267-4DEA-908A73D8B75E.jpeg]

This salsa is amazing. It tastes super fresh, as if some guy just chopped up the ingredients and served it to you. It's addictive even by itself. Blows away every other packaged salsa I've had. Not as strongly flavored as the more authentic Mexican ones I've had at restaurants, but tastes amazing. It even has a slight, tangy sweetness despite having no sugar - I suspect it's the lime. I've only had the 'cantina' style. Sold at Costco.

[Image: 09753-original.jpg]

A nice alternative to traditional cayenne pepper sauces. Has some heat, but also a nice smoky flavor. I'm sure there are other great chipotle sauces as well.

+1 on sriracha. Used to mix it with soy sauce and white rice, tastes awesome. I'm a man of simple pleasures.

Edit: Tapatio is great too, as Texas mentioned, and ridiculously cheap.

These also taste great, open a can and pour them into a slow cooker with some meat and vegetables (not brand specific):

[Image: img_1581.jpg]

Tobasco's great, don't like the flavor of American Sriracha, can't stand Frank's original.

[Image: 401430_10150599403635935_739735934_11184...1174_n.jpg]

[Image: 10-60-large.jpg]

[Image: 07022s.jpg]

I buy the bottles of Chipolte Salsa. It’s my favorite. Also, although it’s not a hot sauce, the Dona Maria mole sauce is really versatile – I put it over chicken breasts on rice. It is not only spicy but has chocolate.

Rico... Sauve....

Tapatio.

[attachment=8082]

I find Tabasco, Frank's etc. and most of these a little too acidic. The vinegar taste is a little too predominant.

For more pure heat, without the acidic taste, I like the piri piri sauces. There is some lemon juice in there, but no acetic acid. Nando's makes a decent one, but it is easy enough to make at home.

Also, the Caribbean hot sauces made from scotch bonnets/habaneros have a softer taste while still being searingly hot.

I also like the chilli oils they leave at the table in most Chinese restaurants.

bacon where are you living in Mexico? Eating was one of the best parts of being in Mexico. The women were another.

The first cookbook I got when I moved into my own apartment was a Mexican cookbook by Rick Bayless. It was perfect for a poor college student: full of cheap and easy to prepare recipes. I've been making my own salsa and hot sauce for years. Try "salsa negra" if you come across it. It is a sweet smokey chipotle paste often served in top of black bean sopes.

Me and my buddies stole a giant bottle of Nandos extra hot sauce yesterday. Shit's tasty as hell, but not overly hot.

[Image: SGN0722.jpg]

I´d definitely have to say LaoGanMa. Makes everything taste awesome. Awesome.
There are all sorts of it available, I prefer the "Black Beans" one. Also, it´s good to know
there actually are people who like the Sriracha sauce, cause I can´t stand it at all.
But different people, different tastes.

Thanks bacon for the tip with the Salsa Macha, as
Mexican cuisine is not that popular and hard to find here, I´ve never heard of it before. Sounds
deliciously spicy, I´m gonna try to make it myself the next time I get some fresh chilis.

[Image: 0003057_600.jpg]

Staple of mine:

[Image: attachment.jpg8107]   

I like Texas Pete over Tabasco due to the latter being too heavy on the vinegar, or whatever gives it a bite. Not balanced IMO.

Always keep this around too:

[Image: attachment.jpg8108]   

Best thing about it is you can keep adding vinegar and it'll keep drawing out the pepper. Will last a long time.

Tabasco Chipolte is good.

Ate Sriracha or "rooster sauce" for years. Real hot for me but great flavor.

Cholula is my breakfast. Don't know why only for breakfast, but I love it with eggs and corn beef hash.

I can make fresh salsa well, but failed at the Pace Picante style, that was prepared on the stove. Was trying to can some. Now I do like Basilransom and pick up the fresh salsa from the deli or produce section of the store.

Jalapeno sauce- Bought every brand I've ever seen. The only one I love is Ingles store brand. It is a regional chain in the South. Well balanced and .50 cent a bottle. I've had my family ship it to Iraq and carried it in my pocket into the chow hall.

Quote: (10-08-2012 01:03 PM)thedude3737 Wrote:  

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ9tT7EsNjQVNCDIIsyEH4...2EPOFRqIqw]

[Image: Daves_insanity_sauce.jpg]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSaIaN-ap7P-gHegS7u5WL...41rjkqSgjA]

...this would take too long. I like anything spicy. I've never met a hot sauce I didn't like, although I do like some more than others. I use sriracha on damn near everything

Kona recommended the first one, the Sriracha in another thread. I saw it in my local Korean market so picked up a small bottle for $2.50. It's a hot chili pepper sauce/paste. I gotta tell you it's really friggin amazing and flavorful. It's not as hot as tabasco but I like it. I've been putting it on everything. Do yourself a favor and buy a bottle.

From my area of the world we eat Ajvar. I wouldn't call it hot sauce but its in the same family. It's a hot pepper paste or relish made with roasted red peppers and garlic. You can spread it on fresh baked bread and eat it with feta cheese and black olives. You can find it in any universal or European deli. It's very tasty.

[Image: 29zzb00.jpg]

Team Nachos

[Image: matouks_neovo_combo.jpg]

[Image: xmasornament.JPG]

[Image: 259070.jpg?2]

But I usually keep it super real,

[Image: pickled-peppers.jpg]

cant go wrong with tabasco. IMO it's the hot sauce standard and it's not that hot.

my brother bought a few small bottles of hot sauce in jamaica. that shit is fucking intense! just a bit in a whole pot and everything will be hot as hell!
they have several flavors, depending on different peppers used. this is good stuff.
[Image: baron_hall.jpg]

Also, the traditional Portuguese/Mozambique piri-piri sauce is one of my favourites
[Image: piri-piri_quintaavo_1bottle_s.jpg]

Quote: (11-29-2012 11:37 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

Kona recommended the first one, the Sriracha in another thread.

No. That stuff is what hipsters eat, and it makes you poop. I recommended Mae Ploy Sweet Chili Sauce, pictured here:
[Image: attachment.jpg8925]   

A good hot sauce is made by NOH Foods. They make a lot of other good sauces. Here's they website: http://www.nohfoods.com/htdocs/

And here's a picture of their hot sauce:
[Image: attachment.jpg8926]   

I mix that stuff into my ahi when I make poke and let it sit for about 5 hours. You can actually do the same with the Mae Ploy, but give it more time.

I don't know how into raw fish you guys are, or what access you have to it, but if you're gonna start get NOH Foods shit.

Aloha!

I love Tabasco. Been putting it on everything since I was about 12. This stuff is also pretty good (the regular doesn't have any kick, it's a sauce to me...not a hot sauce).

[Image: hotter-hot-sauce-large.png]

"...it's the quiet cool...it's for someone who's been through the struggle and come out on the other side smelling like money and pussy."

"put her in the taxi, put her number in the trash can"

My bad Kona. I guess I'm a hipster [Image: lol.gif]

Team Nachos

Quote: (12-03-2012 11:03 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

A hipster that shits a lot?

Did you go out and buy Mae Ploy yet?

It'll change your life.

Aloha!

Quote: (12-03-2012 11:05 PM)Kona Wrote:  

Quote: (12-03-2012 11:03 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

A hipster that shits a lot?

Did you go out and buy Mae Ploy yet?

It'll change your life.

Aloha!

I'll look for it at my local Korean market. They have everything.

Team Nachos

I'm gonna second Kona's recommendation for Mae Ploy. Shit is amazing, goes great on just about any pork, beef, etc.

Regarding hot sauces - I usually have a bottle of Smoked Tabasco, a bottle of regular Cholula, and a bottle of People Eating Tasty Animals brand. If I need to really spice up a food, I grow hot peppers in the garden and dry them after harvesting.

Salsa - haven't had enough different kinds to really comment. I'll crush some Tostitos medium salsa and tortilla chips though.

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:05 PM)jariel Wrote:  
Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.

I should tell you guys that "Kona" is Portuguese (from portugal) slang for vagina. (although we write it with a C instead of K)

Parents used to grow banana peppers, jalapenos, and habaneros...amazing. Beware though, don't grow them all in the same pot or the habaneros heat will make it's way into the banana peppers. Also don't eat raw habaneros then go to third base with your date...[Image: icon_lol.gif]

"...it's the quiet cool...it's for someone who's been through the struggle and come out on the other side smelling like money and pussy."

"put her in the taxi, put her number in the trash can"