rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Cebu City, Philippines Trip Report

This is a trip report of my stay in the Philippines. I was there for 1 week. Cebu was the original destination, but I flew into Manila and stayed there one night because there were no direct flights from where I flew.

When: Mid August 2012. The hottest part of the year is apparently March (according to a pinay I spoke with). August is definitely warm, but actually surprisingly pleasant.

Manila Interlude
I get to my Manila hotel and it's about 6 pm. I am hungry and need to get cash from an ATM and also I need a local sim card. The driver who picked me up from the airport offered to take me to an ATM for 150 pesos. Like everything in the Phil's, there is a series of micro rip offs, but because the amounts are inconsequential, I just don't care.

Eventually I get back to my room and try to figure out whether I should go to the bar the driver offered to take me to (likely full of whores) or mine the pipeline. I didn't prepare much for Manila because I was only staying here for 1 night and not even in Makati city because I had an early flight the following morning.

I fire up yahoo messenger (the main form of IM in the Phil's) and see who's online. A girl messages me almost right away, let's call her E. I forget whether I found her on Filipino Cupid or DateinAsia, or whether she found me. I forget what she looks like, and she asks to do web cam, I say fine. She is cute enough basically. Maybe 6. She had beautiful lips painted red. So, I start trying to convince her to come to the hotel. I told her I would buy her KFC if she came by, then we would watch some movies if she wanted to. Long story short I convince her to come from her home, never having spoken to me before in any capacity. She said it would be 30 minutes from her house. I gave her my room number and told here to have the hotel desk call up to my room when she arrived.

Well, this was around 9:30 and it gets to about 10:30, and I figure she isn't coming. I decide to just call it a night, and start getting ready for bed. Then just as I am settling down, I get a call saying that my friend is waiting for me downstairs. I go down, she's there. She was looking cute.

We go to KFC and I offer to buy her something, but she doesn't want anything. She is very nervous. I just got her a sprite and got some chicken for myself. While I'm eating I'm acting kind of silly and goofy trying to make her laugh and make her feel less nervous. It works. Her English isn't super great, so I just talk about random things like family, etc. Basically talk about things in a way you would never do with an American girl. After I finish eating, I tell her to follow me.

We walk up to my room and we sit on my bed and I tell her to play me some songs she likes on my laptop. We alternate. All her songs are sappy love songs. After about half an hour I pull her in and kiss her, no resistance. Eventually she says turn off the lights and she goes to take a shower. Comes out in just a towel. No LMR. Sex was average, but I liked her body (nice brown color, full b cups, sexy lips). She asked me some questions and I told her some lies. Banged at night and then again next morning. Best part of night: when she first grabs my dick and says oh my god, great for the ego. I voluntarily gave her some cab fare, which she was reluctant to take. In the end I gave her 300 pesos, which is about $7.50. And that's how I got my first Philippine flag just 5 hours after landing in the country. Thanks to RVF I knew just what to do.

Cebu (pronounced SEH-boo)

Getting There: It’s about a one-hour flight from Manila. I flew Philippine Airlines.

Hotel: Quest Hotel. $70/night. This is a new hotel that is clean and has an upscale modern design in the rooms and interior; great staff. I got a superior room with a king size bed. There is a decent pool on the 7th floor (4 ft deep through out) that is a good place to bring a girl for a swim, which I did once. In many ways this is a fairly ideal location. It is literally across the street from Ayala Mall, which is the most upscale mall in Cebu City. The main nightlife areas (Mango Square and IT Park) are about 1 km away, so not too long of a taxi ride. You can also walk there.

Hotel is “guest friendly” although they did make one of my guests register when I brought two of them up; with one “guest” no one asked anything.

Diving: Not sure who is interested in this, but this is a hobby I wanted to pick up again. The hotel is NOT a good location to be close to diving because the dive shops are on Maktan Island, which is a 30-50 min taxi ride because of the traffic. Cost is negotiable, but typically between 350-400 pesos. I liked my driver (same guy who drove me from airport) so I just gave him 500 pesos on each trip. The cost is just inconsequential. I picked the hotel for girl logistic reasons. Of course my driver tried to rip me off when he took me to the airport by not having change even after my generosity, but that’s just how it is around here and it should not upset you. Dude had 9 kids.

I went with Kontiki Divers because of some reviews I read on-line, and I can definitely recommend them. The guy who runs the dive shop (Greg) is a Polish expat who married a pinay. He is super chill, has reasonable prices, and he is generally flexible. The dive masters are also good, which was also the opinion of one of the guys I dived with who had something like 20 years of diving experience. Do double-check the equipment, because on one of the dives my pressure gauge kept reading full even 1/3 of the way into the dive. The dive masters are on the ball though, so he caught the issue and there was no real danger.

I only did dives of 20-25 m depth, but they can do all sorts of dives depending on your skill level (night, wreck, nitrox, etc.). There was great visibility, lots of marine life, and warm water. Bottom time was typically 40-45 minutes, with boat entries. One day I did two dives, and they provide lunch during the 1 hour break between dives on the boat…it was simple but awesome.

Girls/Game: A lot has been written about the Phils, and I do not want to re-invent the wheel. I used the knowledge of the forum for my activities.

I want to preface this section by saying that the problems you have at home come with you wherever you go because they are YOUR problems. As the Bard wrote, the problem is not in our stars but in our selves. Thus, even in the pussy bonanza that is the Phils, I still had AA (not a fear of rejection, even knowing that my SMV here is sky high).

On-line: I started pipelining early using FilipinoCupid and DateInAsia, eventually I just went with DIA. I don’t think you need to do it too early, because the responsiveness of girls is just so high, maybe 60-80% response rate.

I give special thanks to forum member GlassWalker for his in-country advice when I PM’ed him. Everything he said was spot-on and comported with my experience. GlassWalker advised me not to go to Mango Square because of all the pro-activity, and I basically heeded his advice. Apparently IT Park is a more upscale location, but I think Ayala mall is all that is necessary.

My feeling is that these dating sites tend to have girls from the lower socio-economic rungs. I ran into excuses of not having enough load on their phone (i.e. money to txt message), or not enough money to come meet. After a certain point, you just stop believing what they say (like after 1 day). It is very easy to get mobile #’s, but surprisingly not as easy to actually get them to come out. Maybe they are just too busy surviving. They surely know the score with farangs, and most likely they have one or more already lined up. I got dozens of numbers, but not that many actual meets.

Standard procedure was to send the hey you’re cute/what’s your name message. Followed by getting their mobile #’s, then texting them. Too abrupt? Maybe, but because there are so many girls, and they respond so quickly, I never bothered to be more artistic with my messaging. On DIA I filtered by city and on-line status, and you can often get responses within 1 or 2 minutes.

Location: Ayala mall has a PUV terminal out in front, which is basically a hub for jeepneys from all over the city. Hence, it is a good location to meet. It has lots of stores, and many food and drink options. I went here on all my dates. It attracts a more upscale crowd, so it is a better place to meet girls who are not desperately poor.

One “trick” these on-line girls try is to ask if they can bring their friend along. They want to get a free meal for both of them. GlassWalker actually warned me about this, so I was prepared. I did this once, and spent about $13/girl for two girls hanging out with them (bought them ice cream, hot dogs, and took them to a movie). After that, I refused any paired meetings. I think it’s worth doing just for the experience and I don’t regret it.

Aside from the girl in Manila, there was another girl in Cebu that originally came with their friend, as I described above (call them S and C). I met with them again, and her friend C was the more talkative and aggressive one. C immediately asked if I had any food and told me that she was hungry when they got my room. I told C that I didn’t care. We watched TV. I took S to the bathroom while C watched TV and made out with S, then I told S that they can both stay (threesome), she stays, or they all leave.

After S and C conferred in Tagalog, they decided to leave, which was fine, because I was not about to feed them for free again. Both these girls had kids BTW and were 21 © and 23 (S). I texted S after she left and told her she should come back by herself. I decided not to slag C even though I was annoyed with her, because it was clear that C was the more dominant one in the relationship, and it would not give me any benefit.

Next day S came by, went to my room, listened to music, then make out, then bang. Funny moment when I am taking off her clothes and Notorious BIG comes on with the I’m fucking you tonight song. I believe the irony was lost on her. Oh if only she was American! Bang not that great. After that, I took her to dinner and desserts. Then we came back and slept until 1 am. I gave her some cash for taxi and phone and she went home.

At no point did she ever ask me for money, but I felt like giving her some. I know some may criticize me for this, and it is surely possible to just send them home with nothing, but to me it seems a little bit in bad faith. The amounts involved were so utterly trivial to me that I didn’t care.

I could have had another girl, but she pissed me off and I didn’t escalate, although I could have easily. Many times I just don’t have that killer desire that many of the guys here have.

Personal Observations:
During this trip I was reading Neil’s book and about his veritable orgy in Cebu. I did not experience this, but that is purely due to my own issues, not the location or the girls. It is somewhat embarrassing to say that I still had major approach issues, but I need to be honest with you guys and with myself. I could and should have done way better than I did, but I’m ok with that. I think I have been unfocused on solving my problem: I don’t need to do day game, I need to get over AA first.

The irony is that, once I’m interacting with a girl, it’s all good. I’m perfectly confident, control the frame, etc. This trip has improved my escalation abilities. It showed me the pattern that I have seen before with myself: girls with whom I had an actual physical interaction with, maintained interest and kept texting me, asking me what I’m doing, etc. Those that I never met could be surprisingly reluctant to meet up and were not as invested.

I feel that comfort is one of my main strengths. Girls feel comfortable around me, and become attached to me. So in that aspect, maybe I have it easier than some guys. This trip has clarified for me the area of game that I need to work on to the exclusion of most everything else game related.

I was chatting to one girl and she was asking me about family law and her child custody situation because she knew of my legal background. I did some quick research into Philippine family law. Despite the absence of feminism, and the great qualities of Philippine women, the family law is HEAVILY BIASED FOR THE WOMAN. If you have a child with a pinay out of wedlock, that child is illegitimate under Philippine law and the mother has SOLE custody of that child. She can move with that child anywhere she wishes as an exercise of her parental authority. You have visitation rights only. You also cannot prevent her from moving with the child, even out of the country.

Summary: Philippines is truly easy mode. Everything people say about this place is true. With more confident approaching you can absolutely kill here, and if you stay longer and/or develop a social circle it will be just like in Neil’s book. I felt that only 2 girls in one week really underachieved for what is possible here.

Great story! Very recognizable and i laughed out loud when you wrote about girls being out of load( phone credit) all the time. It's such a common thing over there that's it not even funny anymore. A lot of time they will send you a message asking for 5pesos load (you can transfer that from your credit) which gets annoying after a while especially if the texting isn't going anywhere.
Showing up in pairs is another thing I encountered a lot and I fixed that by saying that they should show up alone and that were meeting in a mall where they don't need a "bodyguard".

I had to look up the word veritable but i think you're confused with Davao and not Cebu. In the book I named it "city in the South". When I was there, Davao wasn't very known on this forum and I didn't want to mention the name of the city in the book.
I still had some AA in the phils too and its similar to your situation. Once i'm talking i'm unstoppable but that first step is always the hardest.

greta that you took the time to write such a long story. A +1 from me.

Book - Around the World in 80 Girls - The Epic 3 Year Trip of a Backpacking Casanova

My new book Famles - Fables and Fairytales for Men is out now on Amazon.

Nice writeup. It has been similar to what I have experienced. 100% of my success now at 5 girls in 10 days and all is because of DIA. Right now I'm at a resort with a chinese girl, but when I get some time you have motivated me to write up a trip report for manila and cebu so far. I have felt a little AA but its less than in USA. Part of my lack of motivation to get numbers is how much success I am having at DIA.

Good write up Menace

Quote: (10-03-2012 10:54 PM)20Nation Wrote:  

Nice writeup. It has been similar to what I have experienced. 100% of my success now at 5 girls in 10 days and all is because of DIA. Right now I'm at a resort with a chinese girl, but when I get some time you have motivated me to write up a trip report for manila and cebu so far. I have felt a little AA but its less than in USA. Part of my lack of motivation to get numbers is how much success I am having at DIA.

Good write up Menace

You have to mix up online game and day game in the Phils simply because both have their negatives and positives. Just by being a foreigner and by them being a bit intimidated (in a good way) is enough to get the number most of the time....and you can pick your targets. But unlike E Europe, you dont see that much discrepancy between the young girls online and on the street. And even if some internet babe shows up 10 pounds chunkier you can leave at once.
Internet girl are DTF faster and mall girls are hotter but flakier. You cant go wrong with mixing it up.

Man I was supose to be there in Cebu right now...alas my boss wouldn't allow me to take a vacation now![Image: dodgy.gif]

I wonder how we can take advantage of girls showing up with their friends? Maybe ask them right away if they are up for a threesome? Maybe get them to the hotel and escalate from there?

I am not clear on what's in it for the girls, why do they just show up because you promise to buy them some food? What's their angle? Do the hope for another loser farang ( thai term) to send them money while they pretend to be your gf?

Quote: (10-03-2012 11:29 PM)Wayout Wrote:  

Man I was supose to be there in Cebu right now...alas my boss wouldn't allow me to take a vacation now![Image: dodgy.gif]

I wonder how we can take advantage of girls showing up with their friends? Maybe ask them right away if they are up for a threesome? Maybe get them to the hotel and escalate from there?

I am not clear on what's in it for the girls, why do they just show up because you promise to buy them some food? What's their angle? Do the hope for another loser farang ( thai term) to send them money while they pretend to be your gf?

Wayout it is just cultural. If you have a wing then call him ASAP if both are good looking. If the other is much hotter, then with the one you set up the date.... just say you want to be friends. Then ask for the other girls phone number. They usually dont get offended by this like western girls.
It only takes an hour of taking them on a cheap Mcdonalds date, at the mall, so you cant lose. Worse case scenario they leave and you wander around the mall looking to day game. Just dont expect 3somes with these type of girls.

Quote: (10-03-2012 11:15 PM)chochemonger1 Wrote:  

Good write up Menace

You have to mix up online game and day game in the Phils simply because both have their negatives and positives. Just by being a foreigner and by them being a bit intimidated (in a good way) is enough to get the number most of the time....and you can pick your targets. But unlike E Europe, you dont see that much discrepancy between the young girls online and on the street. And even if some internet babe shows up 10 pounds chunkier you can leave at once.
Internet girl are DTF faster and mall girls are hotter but flakier. You cant go wrong with mixing it up.

You are absolutely right. When I get to Davao I'm going to limit my online game. I had to do the same thing in Colombia. I have gotten really good at online game and it has made me lazy.

Very nice report Menace!I can relate to a lot of what you wrote and your detailed report made me go back to when I was in Cebu, going through almost all the things you wrote about, specially having girls show up with other friends and all. I can't wait to go back to Cebu!

Btw, I'm seeing the prospects on a particular dating site being from Davao, think beautiful, sexy and smart, educated....hum...definitely will check Davao!

Anyone been to Club Pump in Cebu? I went there a lot with my Cebu GF. The place was full of Korean girls also.

Book - Around the World in 80 Girls - The Epic 3 Year Trip of a Backpacking Casanova

Quote: (10-04-2012 05:33 AM)Neil Skywalker Wrote:  

Anyone been to Club Pump in Cebu? I went there a lot with my Cebu GF. The place was full of Korean girls also.

No but in 3 days i'll be back in cebu city. Where's it at? What's it like? I can check it out with one of my dates

Quote: (10-03-2012 02:55 PM)Neil Skywalker Wrote:  

I had to look up the word veritable but i think you're confused with Davao and not Cebu. In the book I named it "city in the South". When I was there, Davao wasn't very known on this forum and I didn't want to mention the name of the city in the book.
I still had some AA in the phils too and its similar to your situation. Once i'm talking i'm unstoppable but that first step is always the hardest.

Neil,

Oh so all of that happened in Davao? I think when I go back to the Philippines I will check out Davao and General Santos. From what people write, Davao is still relatively untraveled by foreigners. I have to say it's also nice having another reason to go to the country (diving) aside from girls. Because what do you do with all of your day? A one week stay is okay, but if you're doing it like Roosh, you really need some structure or at least I do.

I also regret not checking out some of the clubs around Mango Square (like Pump), especially if it was full of Korean girls. There are TONS of Koreans in Cebu (my driver told me that 7 plane loads a day come in). There are many Korean restaurants as a result. Korean girls, in my opinion, are of a higher quality than pinays in terms of looks, and it would have been nice to hook up with them. The problem is that they all travel in huge groups or in pairs, so if it's two girls, you need a wing I suspect.

When i was in Cebu, i first went out to IT Park and it was fairly dead. I asked some locals and they said that it was pretty dead that night too and didn't know why.

I ended up going to a fairly cool but fairly small place a little bit to the northeast of the IT Park area. It was filled with Mestizo/a Filipino/as and lots of Koreans. Almost no middle class pinays, the clubgoers were def of the monied class.

The next night i went out in Mango Sq, and found a hopping nightclub, sounds like it might be Club Pump. It was to the right of the other clubs. It was full of middle class pinays and was packed to the gills. It was still going hard when i left at 2:30am and was the best place i found in Cebu.

Kind of ironic that the best place in Cebu where all the locals went was right next to all the girlie bars.

BTW, Cebu probably has the highest concentration of Koreans in the Philippines, (except maybe Boracay) and i traveled most of the country.

Quote: (10-04-2012 07:20 AM)20Nation Wrote:  

Quote: (10-04-2012 05:33 AM)Neil Skywalker Wrote:  

No but in 3 days i'll be back in cebu city. Where's it at? What's it like? I can check it out with one of my dates

I believe its in Lahug which wasn't far from where I stayed (Escario street)

Here a link to the adress: http://www.beyondcebu.com/cebu-bars-nigh.../pump-cebu

If you google it there quite a lot of info to be found about it.

Hey - first post on this forum so go easy.

I am heading off to the Phils in February.

I've been reading through this site for a few weeks and I've read that it is a great idea to go on Dateinasia.com and talk to girls there. I have been on that site for 5 days and I have already had hundreds of messages!

Some messages I get though are often slightly weird and I was wondering if anyone can help me read into them more. I am a young guy and girls often message me saying things like 'you are very young'. I don't know if this is a good or bad thing. If they like it, don't like it, think that I won't have money since I am young and therefore can't please them, maybe it means that i am young and they think they can scam me more easily? Basically I don't know...

I had a few more questions I was going to ask on here but they aren't coming to my head at the moment so I may think of them later...

Just realised I cannot edit my post as I have thought of another question so I am afraid I am going to have to write the question in a separate post.

At what height on the Dateinasia website would you become sceptical that a woman you are talking to may be a ladyboy? For example if I see a girl I like on that site, I would click on her pic and then I would read her page. Often they will say 'i am a ladyboy', but they don't always say. So if they do not say, I usually just look at their heigh. If they are 5'8 then they are probably a ladyboy. But when they are like 5'4, 5'5 or possibly 5'6 it can be hard to tell.

Quote: (10-04-2012 08:18 AM)Menace Wrote:  

Quote: (10-03-2012 02:55 PM)Neil Skywalker Wrote:  

Neil,

Oh so all of that happened in Davao? I think when I go back to the Philippines I will check out Davao and General Santos. From what people write, Davao is still relatively untraveled by foreigners. I have to say it's also nice having another reason to go to the country (diving) aside from girls. Because what do you do with all of your day? A one week stay is okay, but if you're doing it like Roosh, you really need some structure or at least I do.

I also regret not checking out some of the clubs around Mango Square (like Pump), especially if it was full of Korean girls. There are TONS of Koreans in Cebu (my driver told me that 7 plane loads a day come in). There are many Korean restaurants as a result. Korean girls, in my opinion, are of a higher quality than pinays in terms of looks, and it would have been nice to hook up with them. The problem is that they all travel in huge groups or in pairs, so if it's two girls, you need a wing I suspect.

I'm pretty sure Club Pump isn't at Mango Square. But i also think i've heard there's a second one so that might be the one.
In Cebu I kind of had a steady girl where I later also lived in with (cheap,cheap haha) so I didn't pursuit Korean girls. A shame really because its the only Asian flag I don't have. Well, if you don't count city-state Singapore ( kissclose), Hell hole East Timor (war zone) and Militairy dictatorship ( been there but no luck) Myanmar

Club Pump is not at Mango Square.
It is by The Grand Convention Center on Archbishop Reyes Ave, a few hundred meters along the road from the Ayala Center. It is set back from the road and not so obvious to find at first.

I went there last month at Neils suggestion, but it was a bit early (about 10:30) on a Wednesday night and not looking like much going on yet, though they wanted a cover charge, so I did not stay.
It was just far enough away from other things, that I did not make the special trip back to check it out later.

Great report Menace. Absolutely consistent with my experiences there.

Quote: (10-05-2012 03:48 AM)Antipodean Wrote:  

Club Pump is not at Mango Square.
It is by The Grand Convention Center on Archbishop Reyes Ave, a few hundred meters along the road from the Ayala Center. It is set back from the road and not so obvious to find at first.

I went there last month at Neils suggestion, but it was a bit early (about 10:30) on a Wednesday night and not looking like much going on yet, though they wanted a cover charge, so I did not stay.
It was just far enough away from other things, that I did not make the special trip back to check it out later.

Great report Menace. Absolutely consistent with my experiences there.

Yes, that's the place. I went there mostly on the weekend but i think you should have waited a bit longer for the action to get started. The cover charge is cheap and comes with a free drink.

On the dateinasa.com site i ask girls where they are from (even though i can usually see). They reply with a certain place. And then I say something like 'ok cool, what's it like there' and they will never answer this question (they usually reply but just reply about something else or they ask me something like when am i going to the phils). I am guessing if they completely blank my question it means the area is a dump

This is too complicated. Don't use the dating sites to build rapport - just ask to meet when you are there.

Quote: (10-05-2012 03:03 PM)hamburgerandbeans Wrote:  

On the dateinasa.com site i ask girls where they are from (even though i can usually see). They reply with a certain place. And then I say something like 'ok cool, what's it like there' and they will never answer this question (they usually reply but just reply about something else or they ask me something like when am i going to the phils). I am guessing if they completely blank my question it means the area is a dump

I'm leaving Davao in a few days, but I'll try to post a data sheet before I go.

20Nation - When are you heading over?

Quote: (10-03-2012 11:52 PM)20Nation Wrote:  

Good write up Menace

You are absolutely right. When I get to Davao I'm going to limit my online game. I had to do the same thing in Colombia. I have gotten really good at online game and it has made me lazy.

I'll be back from the resort to Cebu tomorrow. Then I just want to finish things up with a couple girls. So probably I will fly in the 9th or 10th.

Quote: (10-06-2012 11:01 AM)Glass Walker Wrote:  

I'm leaving Davao in a few days, but I'll try to post a data sheet before I go.

20Nation - When are you heading over?

Quote: (10-03-2012 11:52 PM)20Nation Wrote:  

Good write up Menace

How is the nightlife during the week in Cebu? Are there clubs that are jumping every night?

I am assuming logistics wise it would be the best to be in walking distance of the best nightlife spots and a mall. Is there a mall around Mango Sq?

Quote: (02-18-2013 08:34 PM)High Society Wrote:  

How is the nightlife during the week in Cebu? Are there clubs that are jumping every night?

I am assuming logistics wise it would be the best to be in walking distance of the best nightlife spots and a mall. Is there a mall around Mango Sq?

I've only been to Mango's and pulled from there on Wednesday and Thursday nights, decent amount of people there.

I'm going to be in Cebu tonight, have to take a bus and a boat from Malapascua, anybody in Cebu now?

yes I'm here right now, hit me up