rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

getting rid of dark spots on your face?

Any suggestion on any type of facial creams that get rid of dark spots on the forehead, light acne on my face, and razor bumps on the side of my face? I figured I could get at least 1 point if I fix up my face.

btw, I'm black.

ive read that Apple cider vinegar helps with complexion, been using it to help with my acne scarring for the last few days and it already seems to be working.

Zinc is supposed to help with the skin, too.

Apply a glycolic acid-based face lotion before going to bed.

Amazing stuff for the face and body, replaced most of my expensive moisturisers. Not sure on availaibility in the US.

http://www.bio-oil.com/en/

Amazing stuff for the face and the body, replaced most of my more expensive moisturisers. Not sure on availibility in the US.

http://www.bio-oil.com/en/

Quote: (10-02-2012 02:28 PM)Lemmo Wrote:  

Yeah, this.
Look around for any moisturizer or cream that features a heavy dose of alpha-hydroxy acid. It's an exfoliant, which means that it basically works via killing off some microscopic layers of cells on top of your skin, prompting new cells to grow in. Repeated regular usage increases your skin cell turnover rate, which will help get rid of scars and blemishes and junk like that.

Quote: (10-02-2012 05:22 PM)Ziltoid Wrote:  

Quote: (10-02-2012 02:28 PM)Lemmo Wrote:  

Yeah, this.
Look around for any moisturizer or cream that features a heavy dose of alpha-hydroxy acid. It's an exfoliant, which means that it basically works via killing off some microscopic layers of cells on top of your skin, prompting new cells to grow in. Repeated regular usage increases your skin cell turnover rate, which will help get rid of scars and blemishes and junk like that.

Menscience makes an amazing moisturizer that contains AHA's (Alpha Hydroxy Acids) and is definitely worth checking out. It's pricey, but a little does go a long way. I just recently switched to CeraVe Moisturizer (PM version). It's very light and non-greasy, which is especially helpful to those of us with oily/combo skin types. Good luck.

Menscience Advanced Face Lotion

For the dark spots:

Hydroquinone based products

The best is a system called OBAGI that you do for 6 months. Look into it.

Lots of options for acne. Typically vitamin a based creams for razor bumps

Bottom line, see a dermatologist.

you might want to check out this thread:
http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-3781.html

Why dont you go to a dermatology clinic and check out your options. They might be vast, ranging from a simple over the counter ointment to lasering some of the spots...costs ($10 for the former to hundreds of dollars for the latter). Any reputable clinic will have a free assessment.

Laser treatment

Try cocoa butter for the dark spots. They will probably fade with time and even if they don't they are probably not as noticeable as you think.

I second the trip to the dermatologist who may be able to prescribe you something.

I'm black as well and use persa-gel 10 when I get acne. Do you wash your face everyday, if so you may want to change soaps. For the razor bumps, the best advice I can give is not to shave over them. You may also want to make sure that the bumps are not because of ingrown hairs. If you have curly beard hair, it can sometimes get stuck under the skin causing the bumps. If that is the problem then I think you're supposed to puncture the bump and bring the hair to the surface (a dermatologist can give you better info).

You may also want to consider reducing the frequency of your shaves and perhaps switching blades (if you shave more than 4 times a week then a single blade will probably better for your face than a multiblade razor) or to an electric razor. Sometimes shaving bumps are the result of skin irritation. Try is putting ice on your face after shaving to reduce inflammation and if you don't already either shower first or wrap a hot towel on your face before shaving.

Accutane

Banana peel would do.