rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Ways to compensate for a babyface?

I've never really been one to greatly obsess over my appearance, generally speaking, but one aspect of it bugs me a bit.
I have a pretty youthful, cherubic face. Slightly rounded, delicate features, no sideburns...
I'm interested in ways to offset this.

THE most obvious solution is unfortunately off the table... At least for the time being, I'm in my early 20's; my facial hair is just way too damn patchy to facilitate anything but the most stubbly of beards. And I'm blond to boot, so, it's basically invisible.

I've started messing around with subtle things like wearing more earth tones, keeping my hair shorter and cropped... I've thought about looking into glasses frames, but since I have no legit need for them (20/20 vision), the idea just seems pretty lame and hipster.

I'm prettymuch out of ideas.
Without going too metro, do you guys have any ideas for cultivating the illusion a squarer jawline and other masculine features?

What kind of shape are you in? When's the last time you've seen a muscular guy with low body fat and a "cherubic" face?

I look really young myself and I've noticed a difference in my own facial features since getting back into a good workout routine. Now that I think about it, girls are more likely to call me "handsome" than the usual "cute" lately also.

I've always been skinny as hell, but I've been into weightlifting and nutrition pretty big for the past year and a half.
I've actually gained a bit of bodyfat in the process, which I don't consider a bad thing, and prettymuch of an unavoidable thing along the road to gaining muscle, but overall I haven't really noticed that it's affected my face much either way.
I suppose when I get to the point where I want to do a cutting cycle that I could keep my eye on it.

You can lower your body fat & the results would show on your face but the only way you can change your jawline is with surgery or gh.

My face looks pretty much the same as when I was twelve without a beard, so I kind of know how this feels.

If you can't get a beard, see what level of stubble helps.
Lose any puppy fat you have, and work out to make your shoulders as wide as possible. Try and do static holds because (at least I've found) that your muscles look more dense.

Make sure you have basics down - have a car, dress-sense, place of your own if that is possible.
Take up some hobby where you look bruised a lot, get a tan from being outdoors. Take up a hobby where you get calloused/harder skin on your hands. Sort your posture out.

Other than that, enjoy the fact you look young and go for younger girls.

Why would you want to look older? People actually pay good money to look younger not the other way around. I'm 28 and i look like 20 year old. Bare in mind that your youthful appearance will pay off in the long run. What you can do is change the perception of you by others. If you wear a t-shirt with some lame print and a pair of sneakers you are likely to be perceived as a teenager. Wear a shirt, good watch, casual or dress shoes and see the difference.

Quote: (10-01-2012 02:59 AM)Ziltoid Wrote:  

THE most obvious solution is unfortunately off the table... At least for the time being, I'm in my early 20's; my facial hair is just way too damn patchy to facilitate anything but the most stubbly of beards. And I'm blond to boot, so, it's basically invisible.

For how long did you try grow the beard? Most of the men I've met who claim they can't grow a beard, actually didn't trying growing it for long enough.

Try growing a goatee without a moustache, after a few months even if your hair is quite blond and thin there should be something decent.

I have the same appearance, but it has turned into an advantage now that I am in my 50s and my skin is still youthful. Like the way you are. Plenty of foreign women will appreciate your appearance. Just stay away from the thug loving gringas.

Rico... Sauve....

Hit the gym and get your bodyfat down, develop high T and masculine mannerisms to offset the babyface.

You will be slaying them after age 30 when you add a hint of steel and maturity to the puppy dog looks, it's gold.

Dr Johnson rumbles with the RawGod. And lives to regret it.

Dude I have a baby face. Just had an 18 year old chick with D-cups in my bed last night... babyface = WIN

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

yep, this might seem like a disadvantage now, but in years to come it'll be a definite advantage for you
i also had a seriously babyfaced look for all of my 20s and early 30s, added to that a skinny frame, so i always looked 5 to 10 years younger than my real age, i lacked self confidence and that came across in my interactions with women
it's only now, with some red pill wisdom, that am seeing better results
i'm eating better, know a bit more about how to dress, am working out a little bit and getting the testosterone levels up gradually
it might not be immediate but you will notice how things change, how you start to feel more confident, healthier, more in control, and women start to notice you
so, stay the course, improve yourself, be social, get those testosterone levels up, the future is bright

Welcome to the club of few. Now, embrace that shit.

I don't see having a babyface as a disadvantage. On the contrary, by the time you reach 30 it will be a big positive.

I've tried the goatee thing, but no luck getting a decent goatee. How long will it take to grow a decent goatee? 3 months?
(my beard also grows rather slowly)

If it bothers you, get shredded and grow a beard. Having slightly hollow cheeks or a more angular face in conjunction with a beard pretty much fixes everything.

Some friends are much older like 35 with baby faces and can score younger girls.

I'm in this club. The answer: hit on younger girls. Older women use my age as a cockblock most of the time.

I have a babyface as well, round with a button nose. Most people think I'm about 10 years younger (I'm early 30s). For me to look good, low body fat is the key; for some reason my face really plumps up when I gain even little bit of weight. Best is to keep BF under 12%, ideally under 10%, this makes a huge difference. Even 5% difference can be the gap between handsome boyish looks and chubby babyface.

Hyper-masculine facial features are about as attractive to women as steroid muscles:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/a...women.html

Theres a huge difference between a female looking face and a baby face.