rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How much do you save per month?

I'm just curious
How much do you save per month??
this question will sort the men from the boys [Image: smile.gif]

How is it possible to save money when the world is filled with cocaine and prostitutes?

Quote: (09-29-2012 02:34 PM)RioNomad Wrote:  

How is it possible to save money when the world is filled with cocaine and prostitutes?

Well i dont do drugs and im not a big fan of prostitutes....

Quote: (09-29-2012 02:36 PM)Scarecr0w Wrote:  

Quote: (09-29-2012 02:34 PM)RioNomad Wrote:  

Well i dont do drugs and im not a big fan of prostitutes....

everyone is willing to say how much one spends in a month but not how much
one saves in a month?

I save about 30% of my salary. Debt free. Diversified along the lines of cash, a savings account, and a mixture of high risk foreign investment, blue chippers with high dividends, and fixed rate funds paying at a corruption worthy 8%.

My situation is a bit unique, however which allows me to both save and travel for long periods of time. My rent where I'm based is peanuts, and my car/gas payments are very low, comparatively.

To be fair, when I move on from this living situation(and no I don't live with my parents) there is no way I'd be able to sustain this type of saving/traveling lifestyle.

According to mint I'm saving around 25-30% of my income a month. Trying to save a bit of money so I can hit the road for a bit. My only debt remaining is student loans, I don't owe much anymore and my interest rate is very low.

Why is there not a poll? Not everyone is going to be comfortable putting a dollar amount next to their username.

But anyway, i'm saving over 50% of my after-tax income at the moment. It's easy when you live with the folks, but logistics for gaming sucks moldy balls.

Feel free to PM me for wine advice or other stuff
ROK Article: 5 Reasons To Have Wine On A Date
RVF Wine Thread

I save about £500 ($750) a month.

Quote: (09-30-2012 08:51 AM)Tengen Wrote:  

Why is there not a poll? Not everyone is going to be comfortable putting a dollar amount next to their username.

But anyway, i'm saving over 50% of my after-tax income at the moment. It's easy when you live with the folks, but logistics for gaming sucks moldy balls.

You dont have to put a dollar amount, it's fine just to put a percentage [Image: smile.gif]

Enough to live a month without having to work.

But I have a "safety net," so if shit went down, old be OK.

Otherwise I would save 3 months to be able to live without work.

And you should have a 401k. Mine saved my ass when shit hit the fan. Had to cash it out but it literally saved my ass.

It's not if shit will go down. It's win.

Have a cushion.

I save 1/3 of my takehome pay

33-40% of pay goes in the bank and another 10 into 401k over the course of a year.

I save more in the beginning months and much less towards bonus season, I'd rather spend more towards year end so I am not like everyone else bitching and complaining heading into bonus season.

Everyone should shoot for 25% of gross earnings (maybe 15% for 401k and then another 10% in post tax dollars for liquidity). That should get you financial freedom sooner than later. If you can't save that much, you need to readjust your lifestyle.

My savings rate is usually dictated by my income, which is volatile. But generally I can put away 50% of gross.

Over 75% of my monthly take home...but I tend to go long periods without working at times so that's why.

Over 50% of my net income. Young guys on here need to learn the importance of saving and investing (as others have already written about on this forum).

Currently in hardcore saving mode, between $3,000-$4,000 a month. I'm staying somewhere for free so that helps quite a bit.

I'm saving 50% of my after tax take home pay. The energy industry pays well.

It varies as I am self employed. Anywhere from zip to $10k per month. Zip is generally during the winter and this summer has been fairly lucrative. Looking to expand...

Almost nothing. I have a month or two in contingency cash, but most of my money goes towards expanding my business. You are actually losing money by saving it right now, unless you're investing in hard assets. The Fed has been happily devaluing our money for years now.