rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

why latin america gets the shaft

look im not trying to start an argument as many guys in this forum have traveled to latin america BUT when i return to visit family in the us i often have to answer why am i living there. Often these questions come from random people i talk to who are almost confused as too why i live abroad in mexico. I also had a case where my grandma talked to me almost in tears about her fear of my living in mexico. i really am tired of the shit media scaring people about how dangerous life is in latin america.

i curently live in mexico and i no longer use drugs so risk of violence against me is basically zero.

Yet the sterotype exists. latin america is nothing more than a violent drug infested environment. Since the media does nothing but create fear how do us who have traveled here and live here disprove this theory.

Game/red pill article links

"Chicks dig power, men dig beauty, eggs are expensive, sperm is cheap, men are expendable, women are perishable." - Heartiste

The media is wrong with many things many times. But Latin America is a dangerous place, the concern from other people around you is normal. Of course, some latin american countries are more dangerous than others.

However, the chance of something bad happening to you depends on many factors. And the drug thing you mention is one. When you elminate all those factors, you will have less to worry about, but still there is some probability (depending on the country you live) of encountering a bad situation.

Any place where a minority of people hold most of the wealth and power is going to be dangerous, it makes sense. Its not going to stop me from going there soon though, thats for sure. The media hypes everything, as thats what the people want DRAMA. Fuck look at Carlos Slim Helu & family, one of the richest, or the richest man in the world?! Hey in Mexico! Look at Bill Gates, almost as wealthy, how much power does he have in America, very little compared to carlos slim. Where i live wealthy people have very little power as so much wealth is in control of the combined middle, working class, what ever you want to call them.

Thing is this is one of the things that makes, latin america, SE asia etc so good for us punani hunters.

Well, yeah. If things in mexico were as bad as they portrayed it on the news, you wouldn't have "illegal immigrants". You'd have refugees.

“I have a very simple rule when it comes to management: hire the best people from your competitors, pay them more than they were earning, and give them bonuses and incentives based on their performance. That’s how you build a first-class operation.”
― Donald J. Trump

If you want some PDF's on bodyweight exercise with little to no equipment, send me a PM and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Quote: (09-24-2012 12:58 AM)bacon Wrote:  

Since the media does nothing but create fear how do us who have traveled here and live here disprove this theory.

What is the advantage of trying to "disprove this theory?"

Quote: (09-24-2012 06:24 AM)JayMillz Wrote:  

Quote: (09-24-2012 12:58 AM)bacon Wrote:  

Since the media does nothing but create fear how do us who have traveled here and live here disprove this theory.

What is the advantage of trying to "disprove this theory?"

You get more Western thirst hounds liberated from their fear and going down to Latin America to dilute your stockpile of easier poon.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

What's dangerous is not knowing how the legal system works and knowing what kind of things can happen due to lack of experience. Now I'm not scared to go anyplace in the states if I'm going into shit I bring what I need to straighten it out. Then when the cops show up I know what to say and how to act to straighten them out also. In Colombia or Mexico? I have no clue but have heard first hand stories of dudes getting busted and waiting months in jail to go to court because the judge was on vacation or whatever. What happens if you get caught with weed and the cop doesn't like gringos? I can get caught with 50 pounds here and be out of jail in 15 minutes. How about guns? Before I had my kid I rode with a 12 gauge pump loaded in my car. The Mexicans have guns so should you? What happens when you get caught? Why do my Mexican friends keep telling me they don't drive at night?

Yes exactly , we need to start doing some reverse psychology trolling of other sites.

Quote: (09-24-2012 09:21 AM)el mechanico Wrote:  

What's dangerous is not knowing how the legal system works and knowing what kind of things can happen due to lack of experience. Now I'm not scared to go anyplace in the states if I'm going into shit I bring what I need to straighten it out. Then when the cops show up I know what to say and how to act to straighten them out also. In Colombia or Mexico? I have no clue but have heard first hand stories of dudes getting busted and waiting months in jail to go to court because the judge was on vacation or whatever. What happens if you get caught with weed and the cop doesn't like gringos? I can get caught with 50 pounds here and be out of jail in 15 minutes. How about guns? Before I had my kid I rode with a 12 gauge pump loaded in my car. The Mexicans have guns so should you? What happens when you get caught? Why do my Mexican friends keep telling me they don't drive at night?

In these countries, is the legal system even hard coded? Or is it more of a case of who you know? I only ask because I've been to some countries where literally there is NO number for police. It's TOTALLY about connections.

I think newer countries may follow a similar protocol so this is the question I ask to the natives of these Latin countries.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

I have lived in Mexico for three years, have had no problems, drive a car and the police have never stopped me. Americans are afraid of their own shadows, the result of living in a nanny state.

Rico... Sauve....

I will start a thread on this when i get some more info together, but i have been hardcore pipelining for my trip to south america. It is interesting that many women from DR, Brazil, Columbia and Venazuela have said to me I am crazy for going there, i will get robbed, its very dangerous, 20000 murders in caracus, also many in most latin countries. Brazil has been by far the worst, these women, some are very well educated (so they say) and they must be reasonably well as there english is spot on, which says alot. I work in a profession here which requires a degree etc, some of these women act like, actually worse than the women here, trying to compete with me etc etc, basically speaking to me in a way i do with my work colleagues. They also talk rather arrogantly/rudely, but i must say this is MOSTLY the Brazillian women. Sometimes I am seriously considering going somewhere else, se asia, europe etc. I mean why go there if the women are bigger cunts than they are here.

Anyway i will gather info over the next month or so, as i am hardcore, msn, skyping ect ect these bitches and start a discussion for those that are interested.

Quote: (09-24-2012 10:04 AM)Sherman Wrote:  

I have lived in Mexico for three years, have had no problems, drive a car and the police have never stopped me. Americans are afraid of their own shadows, the result of living in a nanny state.

Where do you live at in Mexico? If a white guy wanted to move to Juarez, what would you say? Is the reported violence there blown out of proportion? Always was curious about what it is really like in Juarez.

Quote:Quote:

Any place where a minority of people hold most of the wealth and power is going to be dangerous.

This is pretty much it. This is the way in many countries in latin america, and in some (like my country) it only gets worse each day. You don't want to be here the day poverty explodes if you are Middle-Class citizen.

Quote: (09-24-2012 01:46 PM)RioNomad Wrote:  

Quote: (09-24-2012 10:04 AM)Sherman Wrote:  

Where do you live at in Mexico? If a white guy wanted to move to Juarez, what would you say? Is the reported violence there blown out of proportion? Always was curious about what it is really like in Juarez.

I live in Playas de Rosarito, but I go to Tijuana to work out in my gym and go to Costco which has a good selection of fruits and vegetables. Thanks to the Americans being scared away I have a condo with a clear view of the ocean for $500 a month. I have never been to Juarez so can't say anything about it.

Rico... Sauve....

Awesome. I went to Rosarito for Spring Break quite a few years ago.

What is it like living down there? How is the nightlife, aside from the Spring Break stuff? Are the local girls pretty and into Americans, or sick of them due to so many there for spring break??

Would love to see a data sheet. Always been curious about living in Mexico since I stumbled across a forum a long time ago about Americans who moved to Tijuana to live.

I'm an American with almost five years living in Latin America. I remember the stereotypes because I used to have them. But this is what I've learned:

1) Yes crime and violence are technically higher. However, there's a method to the madness. Once you're down here, you learn the unwritten rules and abide by them. Just like anywhere else.
2) It's really hard to go to jail here.

Back in the States I got in the habit of explaining why I live in Latin America like this: There are two types of guys in this world: (1) those more afraid of crime and violence, and (2) those more afraid of police and jail. If you’re in the second category, then Latin America is for you.

There’s a tolerable level of misbehavior in any society, and in Latin America that level’s higher.

Quote: (09-24-2012 09:21 AM)el mechanico Wrote:  

I've been caught with weed and coke a handful of times by Colombian cops. You just pay them. The courts don't have time to deal with personal possession charges, so the system is effectively: pay the cops and you walk.

Dealing with weight in Latin America, you're obviously taking big risk. You probably won't pay your way out if caught with kilos. It's also very little money - there are a lot of poor Colombians willing to move weight for a lot less than you - so the risk-return ratio shouldn't appeal to any gringo who gives it a minute's thought.

For any petty crime, there's always a price in Latin America. Just learn Spanish to negotiate a fair price [Image: smile.gif]

Expat Chronicles (blog)
Colin Post (personal website)
City of Kings (tourism blog for Lima, Peru)

I don't think it's just Latin America though. It's any country that's not in Europe or certain parts of Asia. What percent of Americans even own passports? And even the most of the ones that do can't even imagine going to a "third-world" country.

It all comes down to a lack of curiosity and perspective. They can't relate to anyone who doesn't have an identical life or similar values. It would be shocking to them that some people in Mexico or Brazil have a better quality of life than they do. The image of these places in the American mind is that everyone works for a cartel or lives in a favela. And that ,if they went, when they step off the plane a gang of thugs would take everything they have and rape their fat wives.

Really though, I can't complain. More pussy for me.

[Image: banana.gif]

People often fear the things they don't understand.

Quote: (09-24-2012 02:20 PM)RioNomad Wrote:  

Awesome. I went to Rosarito for Spring Break quite a few years ago.

What is it like living down there? How is the nightlife, aside from the Spring Break stuff? Are the local girls pretty and into Americans, or sick of them due to so many there for spring break??

Would love to see a data sheet. Always been curious about living in Mexico since I stumbled across a forum a long time ago about Americans who moved to Tijuana to live.

Rosarito Beach is pretty quiet now, and probably not at all like you remember it. However, Tijuana is a city of over a million people. There are nightclubs ranging from blue collar to upper class. Las Pulgas is a good place for friendly women and Plaza Fiesta for the younger crowd. I’m not a nightclub person. I find Mexican women approachable, but not as passionate as the Colombians. If you work out at a gym you can network with the guys who are friendly and have no shortage of women. You do need to speak Spanish.

Rico... Sauve....

Sadly, it is not just Latin America. For the vast majority of Americans almost ANYWHERE outside western Europe is "weird" "violent" "anti-American" "dangerous"

I've even had people freak out about me going to Japan. Don't even get to telling an American you went to east Africa or ANYWHERE in the Middle East nevermind that a place like Dubai is 100 times safer crime wise than any major American city.

American's are just incredibly insular. Take it with a grain of salt, it's like talking to a little child.

Here's the way I look at it- yes, with Latin America, there may be a higher chance that you get robbed. The way you deal with that is you don't bring too much money when you head outside, you just take what you need for whatever trip you are going on, and you leave your passport/credit cards at home. That way if you do get robbed, you can survive it.

The chances of something truly bad happening, like getting kidnapped or shot, are actually pretty low. Tourists generally don't get kidnapped for no reason. I think the chances of something really bad happening to you are higher in the US.

The funny thing is Americans can actually get really emotional about their belief that foreign countries are dangerous. I was telling a friend going to Latin America that it's not too dangerous, and I could see the anger start to build up in his eyes, like I was challenging his religion or something. All I can think is our media REALLY does a good job with the anti-foreign brainwashing.

Quote:Quote:

i really am tired of the shit media scaring people about how dangerous life is in latin america.

I would've agreed with you, until you said Mexico is safe just because nothing has happened to you.

If Mexico was as safe as you say, then these things couldn't be happening here:

Mexican police find 16 bodies in van in Guerrero state
Mexico Drug War: 17 Mutilated Bodies Found In Tizapan El Alto
MORELIA, Mexico -- Officials say they have found seven burned and dismembered bodies in the bed of a pickup truck
^And that's just from a quick Google News search.

The fact is that Mexico is pretty dangerous. Chihuahua has more murders than all of Afghanistan. It gets worse every year. Honestly I'd never step foot in most of Mexico and Venezuela. The rest are fine. And before you say that Venezuela is "safe" too, you should know that it has the highest homicide rates of any country in the world. And those are government provided statistics.

By the way, I'd love to know if you actually go out at night. Also, if you do daygame there...

I'm really not sure if the issue which the OP has presented here is way Latin America gets the shaft by the media in the United States or why Latin America gets the shaft by people in the United States in general. I will therefore attempt to address both of these issues. Interestingly, like Bacon, I have lived in both Baltimore and Latin America. I spent three years in a less than posh area of East Baltimore and never had one problem. That doesn't in and of itself make Baltimore a safe place.

When people in the United States try to scare people planning to travel to Latin America by telling them how dangerous Latin America is it is usually because of two factors, jealousy and lack of information. Other than for maybe a spring break trip to Cancun, how many of these people in the United States who claim that Latin America is dangerous have ever been there? Very few. Of those very few who have been to Latin America, how many have had any violent crimes committed onto them or someone who they knew? An extremely low percentage. Of that extremely low percentage, how many were the victims of crimes because of their own stupidity, because of actions which could possibly get them killed in the United States? Most of them.

Now, if people in the United States who give Latin America the shaft do not know that Latin America is dangerous from their personal experience, where are they getting their information? From their imagination and from the media, of course. Almost everything we hear about Mexico nowadays involves violence and often drug-related violence. Are tourists ever the the targets of this violence? Very rarely. Does a high percentage of this violence occur in areas where tourists are likely to frequent? No.

Acapulco is a Mexican tourist city and I have spent a fair amount of time there my entire life (See my Acapulco Data Sheet). It is presently considered to be one of the most dangerous cities in Latin America if not the world. Where does the violent crime occur there? Does it happen in popular areas like Las Brisas and Condesa? Not to my knowledge. I read a very misleading article not too long ago. It said something to the effect that eleven people were shot and killed in an Acapulco tourist area. The article went on to say that these shootings occurred in a strip club known as Tabares. This shocked me. I have been to Tabares many times and even wrote about it in my Acapulco Data Sheet. I investigated that situation a little bit and found out that the incident occurred in a place called Tabares II, which is located in an extremely dangerous part of town, a place where I wouldn't have gone even twenty years ago. It is owned by the same company as Tabares, but it is in no way the place where I go and which is located in the prime tourist area. Yes, there is a beach close to Tabares II, but it is not in an area where international tourists go or should go. The media sometimes twists things around somewhat.

The jealosy component is obvious. People get jealous when you travel and/or discuss travelling. I really don't get it. They have every right to take the same trips as we do, yet for whatever reason they choose not to. Maybe it's a financial issue. Maybe it's something else. In any event, screw them. Jealousy and jealous people should be avoided entirely. They can only bring you down.

In all fairness, there are many people who go to places like Poblado in Medellin or Ciudad Jardin in Cali, never leave those exclusive neighborhoods, then rave about how incredibly safe the entire country of Colombia is. I equate this to a person who never leaves the Georgetown neighborhood of D.C. then claims that D.C. is the safest city in the world. These people have pretty distorted images of the safety of various cities and countries.

The point I am trying to make is that there are plenty of dangerous places throughout Latin America. No entire country is dangerous. Fully research any city and country to which you plan to travel and make sure to avoid and places which really are dangerous. If you do this and use general common sense after you arrive, the chances that you will ever have any problem are minimal to say the least.