rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

"grass is greener" mentality

Fellas,

Upon reflecting on my younger (beta) years with women and my most recent; I have had a considerable amount of success with a quite low amount of effort.

The problem is this:

Let's say a girl is an 8. I pick her up. I run my aloof asshole with a tender side type game. I bang her into submission. I wash my sheets. Repeat.

This is all great...but when I'm done, I immediately begin to think my female conquest is a couple points lower than what I previously rated her. And no, I'm not talking about taking off the beer goggles.

I simply lose interest after I bang a girl one or two times. At that point I get a little down on myself and feel like I could have applied my efforts elsewhere for a better end result.

From an investing standpoint- It's like I'm looking at my portfolio of stocks, of which, has a nice spread between dividend stocks and some growth stocks with solid potential. In actuality, I may be getting an 8% return annually, but I feel as if I'm only getting a 2% return, and am willing to throw it away to see whats behind mystery portfolio #2.

That was a horrible analogy; it could just be the Tylenol PM's kicking in. Nevertheless, does anyone else experience these feelings?

I would like to be a little more content with the women in my life, and I have constant validation from outside sources that these women are good-looking.

It's like chasing a carrot at the end of a stick. If there is any idea on how to remedy this- I would appreciate it much.

Anecdotes welcome. -Chubby

After enough time, you start to notice the flaws on any girl. If you're getting bored, then move on and don't apologize for it. Why deal with a girl that you're not even into? Just recognize that it may take more effort, but it's worth it.

Thats exactly what I have been doing.

It just seems like a never ending investment in which I never realize a true, content feeling of satisfaction.

Or does it just never come? Perhaps I should cope with spinnin' plates. It could be much worse, I realize that.

This isn't the girl's fault, it's your fault. If you get bored with a girl who connect with after 2 times hanging out, it's on you and it's up to you to come up with interesting things to do to her, do with her, etc. We all know that you have to lead girls, and they will follow. It sounds like you just can't come up with anything new to lead the girl into to make it fun for you, and fun for her too. It's on you to come up with new shit, roleplays, etc.

Quote: (09-18-2012 08:57 PM)Cruisen_Chubby Wrote:  

Fellas,

Upon reflecting on my younger (beta) years with women and my most recent; I have had a considerable amount of success with a quite low amount of effort.

The problem is this:

Let's say a girl is an 8. I pick her up. I run my aloof asshole with a tender side type game. I bang her into submission. I wash my sheets. Repeat.

This is all great...but when I'm done, I immediately begin to think my female conquest is a couple points lower than what I previously rated her. And no, I'm not talking about taking off the beer goggles.

I simply lose interest after I bang a girl one or two times. At that point I get a little down on myself and feel like I could have applied my efforts elsewhere for a better end result.

From an investing standpoint- It's like I'm looking at my portfolio of stocks, of which, has a nice spread between dividend stocks and some growth stocks with solid potential. In actuality, I may be getting an 8% return annually, but I feel as if I'm only getting a 2% return, and am willing to throw it away to see whats behind mystery portfolio #2.

That was a horrible analogy; it could just be the Tylenol PM's kicking in. Nevertheless, does anyone else experience these feelings?

I would like to be a little more content with the women in my life, and I have constant validation from outside sources that these women are good-looking.

It's like chasing a carrot at the end of a stick. If there is any idea on how to remedy this- I would appreciate it much.

[Image: rolleyes.gif]

Well boohoo. What is the point of a post like this? It sounds like your cup runneth over and you're in here complaining because that's not good enough. Go find some real problems.

i always say, if you have to convince yourself that you like something. then you probably don't like it all that much.

however, if you're perpetually banging chicks that are decently attractive and you can't seem to find one that actually holds your interest, its probably more to do with personality than looks.

in general i've found it hard to meet people that i like just in life. im pretty misanthropic, so add that onto the small number of chicks out there who turn me on sexually and i can kind of relate to you on that. i've never met a girl who i banged who i got along with enough or had enough fun with to make a gf. attractive women don't need personalities and ugly women can't benefit from having one anway, so maybe its a crapshoot.

The grass is greener where you water it.

I don't mean to be rude, but jeeze man. You need to go to a bar or a coffee shop or something and talk to a broke-ass 35 year old white guy who's never had an orgasm with a woman who wasn't his whale of a wife, and not before he tepidly cajoled it out of her twice yearly with flowers, jewelry, chocolates, and breakfast in bed.

If you can't find this guy in real life, I'm sure he exists on Dear Abby or something. Roissy also writes about this all the time, he knows that others have it bad.

...I immediately begin to think my female conquest is a couple points lower than what I previously rated her...

...I simply lose interest after I bang a girl one or two times. At that point I get a little down on myself and feel like I could have applied my efforts elsewhere for a better end result...

...I would like to be a little more content with the women in my life...

Your problem is you constantly need to feel validated by other guys that the girls your banging are hot, because you don't feel confident in your own judgement. Remind yourself of why you learned game, remind yourself of why you are attracted to women in the first place (seriously) and remember a real man doesn't bang girls because he wants to show off. You should be banging them because you love the female form, you should be hanging out with them because you love the way they express their femininity etc...

Thank you for the humbling responses gentlemen.

This is exactly why I joined this forum: Different Vantage Points.

I think the quote above about watering the grass is from a Bieber song but very fitting...Thanks.

This one is definately on me and some sort of complex I have. May need to take a step back and reevaluate.

Never again will you see such a mindless thread from your chubby.

Intimacy takes work

I thought the grass was greener after finding this website.. broke up with my gf of 7 years an traveled an banged lots of hot chicks.... not a day goes by I dont regret thinking the grass was greener on the other side

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

Quote: (09-20-2012 03:44 AM)Hades Wrote:  

I don't mean to be rude, but jeeze man. You need to go to a bar or a coffee shop or something and talk to a broke-ass 35 year old white guy who's never had an orgasm with a woman who wasn't his whale of a wife, and not before he tepidly cajoled it out of her twice yearly with flowers, jewelry, chocolates, and breakfast in bed.

If you can't find this guy in real life, I'm sure he exists on Dear Abby or something. Roissy also writes about this all the time, he knows that others have it bad.

I have a couple of friends who have only done the LTR thing their whole lives. I don't envy them for a second. That shit is really lame from the outside looking in when you see a guy who has his whole life structured around the needs of an average Americunt with high demands and a horrible personality.

If that was the only option you'd probably be better off just beating your dick once in awhile and having the rest of your time to do whatever you want.

Lot of hate in this thread. It's a good question. Remember, this is a pickup forum, not a 'how do I find the love of my life?' forum.

Your question tells me that you a) are driven; and, b) haven't found what you're looking for.

Do not apologize and don't sweat the details. Use your realizations to drive yourself to find more, better, fresher, kinkier, whatever floats your boat.

Women are just women. They are all flawed and mostly boring anyway.

Quote: (09-24-2012 07:52 AM)Sphere Wrote:  

Lot of hate in this thread. It's a good question. Remember, this is a pickup forum, not a 'how do I find the love of my life?' forum.

Your question tells me that you a) are driven; and, b) haven't found what you're looking for.

Do not apologize and don't sweat the details. Use your realizations to drive yourself to find more, better, fresher, kinkier, whatever floats your boat.

Women are just women. They are all flawed and mostly boring anyway.

Thanks Sphere- My question was indeed a legitimate one.

It involves game as well, but not so much of the mechanics but the outcome.

We all game chicks for sex, companionship, happiness, etc.

I was just simply wondering how to prolong the happiness aspect of the game.

I think it could be a great skill. In marketing they always tell me its more profitable to retain old customers than to pursue new ones. I feel this applies to this scenario. After the passion is gone though, the old customers lose their zest =(

I know you guys have been through this (the older ones) and was just looking for some other viewpoints. -Chubby

A few of the girls I went out with in hs and college I never really got tired of banging. They had bodies that drove me crazy, sexual appetite, and I guess chemistry (pheromones or whatever). Haven't really experienced that since then. It's been as you describe, a few bangs, maybe even a month or two's worth, then I'm not interested. Guess I'm just not finding the right kind of girl...

"...it's the quiet cool...it's for someone who's been through the struggle and come out on the other side smelling like money and pussy."

"put her in the taxi, put her number in the trash can"

Fellas,

The problem is this:

Do you have the same contentment issues in other areas of life as well?

Quote: (09-24-2012 06:06 PM)snoop Wrote:  

Fellas,

The problem is this:

Do you have the same contentment issues in other areas of life as well?

Nope.

I enjoy my the physique I worked very hard to construct. My Income is vastly increasing every year from the business I started. My grades are always above a 3.50; which is very respectable for my field and university. My knowledge of life is growing everyday. I learn a lot through reading and experience. I have taken up a few hobbies of which pay dividends in multiple ways (entertainment, female interest, income, etc.)

All of the above are concepts in my life that are going in the right direction. In each aspect I can objectively measure my success; of which, I am content with. I smile.

When I think about women though...I beam at the conquests, but my shallowness and ability to lose interest at a whim is a personal flaw.

I could claim that I am "alpha as fuck" and not take shit from women so I proceed to drop them like a hot potatoe at their first mistake. But I will not hop on that side of the fence. I think it would be more "alpha" to be able to channel my feelings from within and hold onto what I've worked to achieve (chicks i've picked up), instead of discarding potentially pretty cool girls. It truly is the grass is greener mentality.

I read something the other day that stuck with me though. It went something like this:

Life will always be full of choices. Whether you chose choice A or choice B, make sure to pursue it wholeheartedly; without reservation or remorse for the other choice. Do not let analysis by paralysis be a factor in your life. Pick your path and walk it.

Chubby,

I feel your pain. No matter how hot a chick is, either objectively or in terms of personal preference, if you don't have a genuine human connection with her, don't like her as a person, and got her into bed by being way more awesome than her, you will get bored of fucking her.

The problem isn't your lack of ability to be 'satisfied' - it's your choice of targets and their quality.

If you want to be satisfied, your mind and your heart have to play a role, not just your eyes. You need to find a girl that you can have actual respect for, that challenges you (in a useful way!), that connects with you on a deeper level, and offers you something of significant personal value besides just her body.

Now, this girl will probably not be the hottest, but if really like her as a person, as you keep fucking her an odd thing will happen: you will find her *more* attractive over time, not less. Crazy stuff - i think it's called 'love'.

Unfortunately, if you are any sort of self-actualizing man, the number of quality women out there that really call out to you on a deeper level will be very small. In my own life i have only come across 2 or 3 that were in the right age range.

So, Chubby, it's probably not you. If you think that an 8 is now a 6, it means that the only thing drawing you to her were her looks, and now that you've conquered her, she has nothing else to offer you. That's just how it is - you can't make something out of something it is not.

Cliche as it sounds, when you find 'the right one' (that is, the one that's at your current level), you'll know. You won't have to 'try' to keep being interested in her, your inner beta will start acting up, and you will have to constantly keep him at bay. It will be a challenge, and it will be good - after all, the only things worthwhile are the ones you have to work for, right?

You mentioned that you've had to put in minimal effort - this is why, psychologically speaking, you have been getting minimal results.

Until you find worthwhile enough girl, though, you will just have to grin, bear it, and effortlessly bang lots of hotties.

It's a difficult life.

Well said Glass Walker

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

Glasswalker-

This is the exact reason I joined this forum: to tap into the resources that the gentlemen like yourself possess.

Your answer is crystal clear brother. I can't thank you enough.

What is this thing you call..."love"?... [Image: blush.gif]