rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

should you always be nice to the rooms uglies

I'm wondering if i should be nice to the people that i have no interest in rather then avoid and or ignore them.

This went across my mind. If i blow off unattractive people that approach me I'm afraid there good looking friends will see what happened then not approach me thinking I'm ... unapproachable.

They rather not get blow off by someone being unsocial.

Do you shmooze your way away from people or do you make it abrupt and obvious so they don't approach you again.

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-1582.html

I usually am nice, mainly because I'm wired that way, but also:

* More often than not, I'm solo in a city where I don't really know anybody. Unless you're totally congruent with your "International Playboy/Man of Mystery" projection (and that takes more than shelling out for a nice suit) in certain venues, having some people that you know/can fill random downtime in conversation with is either helpful for social proof or not making you look creepy.

* Transitioning/pivoting away is better; you can always transition/pivot back should the need arise.

* It's good for warming me up conversationally.

* Because we're guys, the "good looking friends" won't be "approaching" us anyway. Maybe they'll give some signs that they'll be receptive to you approaching them, if you can pick up on them. But yes, they'd probably think of you as unapproachable if they were to notice you being pretty rude to people for no reason.

please tell me about social prof, transitioning and pivoting please.

I would say yes, definitely. You should be, as Roosh describes, "always on". The key thing to remember is that you reserve the right to at any point say "No" or simply walk away. I think guys who are apprehensive to assume the "always on" mindset are fearful of fringe situations where, for instance, you're talking to a less than desirable chick and she becomes interested in you, and then thinking you're somehow obligated to pursue it further. Wrong. You can simply just say "Thanks, it was nice talking to you" and walk away. This is the same for everyday common interactions such as conversations in the mall or grocery stores.

I'll give you one example where I just simply said "Good day" and was on my way. I was at the grocery store picking up some office supplies and there was an older dude there looking perplexed about mailing packages. I asked him if he needed any help and then proceeded to have about a 5 minute chat with the guy. I guess he started to feel a little too comfortable talking with me and started to steer the conversation in to politics and how a fence needs to be built around our border here in Texas and have the Mexicans shipped back to Mexico. Now being of Latin decent myself (Puerto Rican), I could have definitely assumed a defensive posture and debated the guy ad nauseum. But I simply chose to say "Good day sir, nice talking with you" and walked off mid-argument. Game over.