rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The End of Men, For Real: Hooters is Desperate for Female Customers

Link: http://www.theatlantic.com/business/arch...rs/262407/

Quote:Quote:

There are lots of statistics you could break out to illustrate the growing power of women in the economy. But if numbers don't do it for you, then just look at what's going on at Hooters.

After five years of falling sales, the restaurant chain is trying to revamp its fortunes by easing up on its unreconstructed frat-boy image and appealing more to female customers, all without ditching the waitresses parading around in skimpy t-shirts and shorts.

I would say this is likely at least partially due to the declining financial fortunes of Hooters' key demographic (working class men), who have suffered disproportionately in this economy. They are less inclined to go to Hooters and as result Hooters is focusing on getting the other 50% of the people in. I suspect, however, that if they try to move away from their core audience (men), they will lose more men and not get as many women as they hope.

Men have less disposable cash now. When they want their fix, they'll go the titty bar or buy a hooker instead.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

Does this mean that they are adding cupcakes to the menu?

10/14/15: The day I learned that convicted terrorists are treated with more human dignity than veterans.

Good riddance. I hope Hooters collapses. It's one of these cannibalistic male ventures that titillates lesser men with ass, while steadily wringing money out of their wallets. Those hustler bitches rob those weak dudes blind. The only thing that sucks major dick in that place is the food. If I were king, there would be laws against Hooters-like places and strip clubs.

Only legit brothels--where you get something for your money--would be legal. That, or nothing. Go talk to women in real life.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

In the end, they just seem to be moving towards becoming sports bars, and less boys clubhouse. What they're doing is a logical business move, but they're walking a bit of a tightrope. If you're trying to draw couples, it seems to me you're also trying to draw FAMILIES. Can you really draw families if you've still got waitresses walking around dressed like that? It's hard to erase the particular stigma they're tagged with unless they make a heavy marketing push that says "we've changed." Even with the new decor and menu items, will women still want to come with their guy so they can watch him watch skantily-clad waitresses?

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

Quote: (09-15-2012 11:58 AM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

Good riddance. I hope Hooters collapses. It's one of these cannibalistic male ventures that titillates lesser men with ass, while steadily wringing money out of their wallets. Those hustler bitches rob those weak dudes blind. The only thing that sucks major dick in that place is the food. If I were king, there would be laws against Hooters-like places and strip clubs.

Only legit brothels--where you get something for your money--would be legal. That, or nothing. Go talk to women in real life.

This.

I think it's actually a positive sign of the times.

Men don't want to be cock-teased. They want the real deal.

That, and maybe more men are making healthier choices. There's so much literature out there now about how to be healthy, how to get laid, how to get in shape, how to manifest your destiny...I think more and more men are simply disillusioned with the buffet of lies and horseshit that we've been fed over the last several decades and perhaps more and more men are waking up.

But of course, that's just all conjecture.

One of my favorite Laws of Power is something like, "Pay no mind to that which you cannot have."

Whether it's a hot piece of ass or a Ferrari, if I know I can't get it at that moment, I pretend it doesn't exist. Can you imagine what would happen if every man on earth did this? If men like you and me, just regular guys, stopped caring about the carrots being dangled in front of us? Women would wilt without the attention. It would turn the capitalist world upside down, because there is an outrageously large sector of the economy that is based on that "carrot-dangling". In a way, it's what the so-called American Dream is all about.

You'd have a bunch of dudes, living by themselves in one bedroom apartments, happily content with making modest earnings, living comfortably, pursuing their hobbies and interests, and getting plenty of ass.

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

It could also be that they are losing money to Tilted Kilt which is taking over the breastaurant industry. They have a classier feel to them and the food is actually good. You don't feel sleezy walking into one. The food and crowd at Hooters is atrocious. I haven't been to one in years.

The hooters ive been to in the past few years have a far lower quality of girls than other places like tilted kilt and twin peaks. Its easy to say its just biased observation but I have been to several hooters in different cities to watch the mma fights (habit from my early twenties). Its like all the hot girls that used to frequent hooters in my early twenties are now working elsewhere and hooters cannot retain good talent, hence the capital goes elsewhere. I can name several places that are modern day "Hooters" and they dont show any signs of suffering in this economy. I am sure it is the same elsewhere if you take the time to look around, hooters stopped hiring and retaining talent.

anyone else find their food unedible?

Game/red pill article links

"Chicks dig power, men dig beauty, eggs are expensive, sperm is cheap, men are expendable, women are perishable." - Heartiste

The Hooters in Medellin, Colombia is definitely one exception to the negative reviews here. They've got some pretty cute chicks for sure.

[Image: 2d9tgno.jpg]

[Image: ok4wt0.jpg]

[Image: syt5ee.jpg]

I have to admit that Hooter's is one of my guilty pleasures I actually miss when not in America and love stumbling across one abroad just because it's such an American icon to me. I've always thought it was a fun, entertaining venue that just embraced the man's man in all of us in a light-hearted fashion - and in it's time it was a great idea, marketing-wise, in my honest opinion.

I remember one time we started a texas hold 'em game at the one in frisco and had a couple of the girls sitting down gambling with us for a bit; I was bummed when I tried to take my 17 year old cousin in their a few weeks ago only to see it was shut down. The whole place is a bit ridiculous - but that's what's fun about it.

Sports
Titties
Ass
Some cute faces
Flirt and sass
Whole rolls of paper towels at the tables (sealed the deal for me)
hot wings
beer
beer
beer
As long as you don't take it seriously, how can you go wrong?

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

Quote: (09-16-2012 09:43 PM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  

The Hooters in Medellin, Colombia is definitely one exception to the negative reviews here. They've got some pretty cute chicks for sure.

Oh, Colombia here I come. [Image: Strip.gif]

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

I go to Hooters to watch UFC events and I actually do enjoy the wings they have there with the excessive breading and everything.

The people who go there for the girls in my observations are middle-aged blue collar types. I remember one time I went to a Hooters right after it opened for the day since I had a job interview nearby and I wanted to get lunch. Around the same time you would see other guys come in who were obvious regulars cause "their girl" would be right there to greet them and in many cases they would actually go over and sit at the guy's table while he complained about work or his family at home. I've seen similar stuff happen at the other Hooters I've been to where some guy in his 40s would walk in and his face would start beaming as soon as he saw that his favorite waitress was in that day. Sometimes I wonder if the Hooter girls are actually trained specifically how to charm guys like that or if they just use their natural feminine wiles.