rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Bringing more visitors to this site

I have done quite a bit of SEO (Search Engine Optimization) work for my business.

One thing I learned is that Google and other search engines place importance on the TITLE of a web site when ranking sites.

The title of rooshv.com is "Roosh V" and the title of rooshvforum.network is "Roosh V Forum". By changing the title to include a short phrase that people will often search for you will increase traffic to the site. For example
"Roosh V - Meet Foreign Women" will bring this site nearer to the top of Google search results whenever someone searches "Meet Foreign Women" or "Meet Women". This is just an example, I'm sure there are much better phrases you could use.

I can't speak on behalf of Roosh, but I really don't think Roosh is that interested in more visitors with those kind of techniques.

The way I see this place is more like a hidden pub, if you manage to find your way here you can decide to stay. But you won't see publicity everywhere trying to promote the place.

I like that the forum is generally not flooded with bullshit. I'm not sure what kind of traffic data Roosh looks at, but I'd have to think that quality over quantity of visitors/members is preferred.

"...it's the quiet cool...it's for someone who's been through the struggle and come out on the other side smelling like money and pussy."

"put her in the taxi, put her number in the trash can"

Quality over quantity [Image: thumb.gif]

Team Nachos

I like it. Not sure how it'd turn out, but it might be worth a try. The goal is to get the guys who'd see eye to eye with us to find this site. That might only be five percent of the male population, so be it. We don't want the forums to be overrun by Reddit style losers.

You'd need a phrase that reflects the distinctive, and frankly 'offensive,' ethos of the forum.

The name is perfect because it's innocuous enough to keep out most trolls and spammers

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

Hmmm. Maybe we should all make suggestions. It needs to be something that attracts the right kind of people.

I'll go first:

"Roosh V Forum - The Map to Poosy Paradise" or

"Roosh V Forum - 2 of 10, would not read" or

"Roosh V - 1001 Uses for Baking Soda"

We could always collectively get together and call a fat girl fat, whenever that happens we get a huge spike in traffic [Image: smile.gif]

Do you really want all the guys that belong on 'mail order bride' and sex tourist websites coming through here every 1st of the month? The connection has already been that sex tourists especially have a negative effect on the local girls' attitudes from Roosh's experiences in Latvia.

The guys who search for manosphere related topics and end up on those blogs will eventually end up here if they agree with the principles.

Welcome to the forum.

Quote: (09-13-2012 03:25 AM)ApocalypseNow Wrote:  

I have done quite a bit of SEO (Search Engine Optimization) work for my business.

One thing I learned is that Google and other search engines place importance on the TITLE of a web site when ranking sites.

The title of rooshv.com is "Roosh V" and the title of rooshvforum.network is "Roosh V Forum". By changing the title to include a short phrase that people will often search for you will increase traffic to the site. For example
"Roosh V - Meet Foreign Women" will bring this site nearer to the top of Google search results whenever someone searches "Meet Foreign Women" or "Meet Women".
This is just an example, I'm sure there are much better phrases you could use.

It will take a hell of a lot more than changing the title tag to increase the rankings for either of those keywords.

The way to bring more traffic quickly to this forum is to change the permalink structure from "http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-15783.html" to "http://www.rooshvforum.network/driving-in-eastern-europe/"

However, as stated above, do we want that? That is up to Roosh. Personally, I would vote no if it were up to me. Quality over quantity is right in this case, IMO.

More people create more problems. Why do you think Roosh had to limit forum registration to one day a month?

More readers also gives Roosh more customers. More guys find the site and buy his books.

But if you let everyone in, most will be trolls, and the legit contributors will leave.

So it's a pretty delicate balance Roosh has to walk. Running this forum must definitely be a part-time job in itself.

More traffic equals more customers, simple as that. Perhaps recruiting more forum admins from proven members to keep this place clean. Also, Roosh should run a permanent banner for his books on this forum. Not that I'm complaining that this site is ad-free, but it could lead to better sales. Just please don't run third party ads, it would probably be ads for some PUA scam bullshit and even more scammy mail order bride sites like some other forums. Just Roosh's books, this would lead to better revenue for him anyway.

Quote: (09-13-2012 01:55 PM)MikeCF Wrote:  

More people create more problems. Why do you think Roosh had to limit forum registration to one day a month?

More readers also gives Roosh more customers. More guys find the site and buy his books.

But if you let everyone in, most will be trolls, and the legit contributors will leave.

So it's a pretty delicate balance Roosh has to walk. Running this forum must definitely be a part-time job in itself.

I agree 100%. Without sounding like a faggot, this forum is a special place. Too much influx would upset the balance I think. Especially since the large majority of traffic brought in from Google will be people who are not like us.

Now that I think about it, I don't remember how I found out about this site initially and I kind of like it like that. I know I wasn't searching for game forums. It's like it was meant to be [Image: love.gif]

"...it's the quiet cool...it's for someone who's been through the struggle and come out on the other side smelling like money and pussy."

"put her in the taxi, put her number in the trash can"

Quote: (09-13-2012 02:30 PM)SVK Wrote:  

More traffic equals more customers, simple as that.

Nope.

I've been on two message boards that adopted your philosophy.

Both imploded after a year.

What makes a forum? Legit members who post data.

You overrun the site with retards to sell a few more books, and the legit members leave. Often they leave to start their own forum.

Then there's nothing in the site but a bunch of retards talking to each other.

I think the current growth rate is fine.

Too many new members here would be like what happened to Riga: too many new members (sex tourists) and too little population to sustain them.

Quote: (09-13-2012 03:14 PM)MikeCF Wrote:  

Quote: (09-13-2012 02:30 PM)SVK Wrote:  

More traffic equals more customers, simple as that.

Nope.

I've been on two message boards that adopted your philosophy.

Both imploded after a year.

What makes a forum? Legit members who post data.

You overrun the site with retards to sell a few more books, and the legit members leave. Often they leave to start their own forum.

Then there's nothing in the site but a bunch of retards talking to each other.

Exhibit A, B, and C.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

1. Bad idea.
2. Weird first post.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter