rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Brazilian Visa for US Citizen Outside of US

Peace everybody,

Quick question. As many (maybe none) of you know I'm in the military serving in Europe at the moment. My friends and I decided on Sao Paulo for New Years this winter but we're all puzzled by the VISA process. Well the process itself is pretty straight forward but the State Department site explicitly says "Visit the nearest Brazilian Consulate near you in the United States". Thing is, none of us are in the US at the moment and having to fly back for a VISA is very impractical. Is it possible to do the VISA process at an embassy near us here in Europe (which would be the one in Brussels)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Email the Brazilian Embassy through their website and find out.

I spent a week or so in Brazil for work. I had to mail my passport to the Embassy in NY.
They mailed it back to me with a full page visa attached inside. It was good for 6 months.

It's just paperwork. You could probably do it all by mail.

Team Nachos

You can probably go to the nearest embassy in germany as well. Show them your passport, give them the visa money ie receipt for a bank deposit and come back in a few days. That is what they did in peru for a few guys I was traveling with.

Three options come to mind.

http://www.abriggs.com/ These guys will expedite your passport for you, for a fee.

You can also just send your documents by mail directly to the embassy, with a pre-paid USPS express mail envelope. It seems that the embassy in D.C. is the one that provides consular services to American military bases. More info on the D.C. embassy: http://www.consbrasdc.org/english/servic...service=14

I'm pretty sure you can go to a Brazilian embassy/consulate in Germany as well.

Just go to the nearest Brazilian consulate in Germany. I did this in Turkey and it was easy going to the Brazilian embassy in Istanbul. I still paid the same fee, like $160 or whatever it is, in US dollars. They asked for bank statements and some forms and stuff but it was straight forward. got a 10 year visa multiple entry. I think tehy asked why I was in Turkey, and I just said i'm traveling long term.

If you can get to London, there is a Brazilian Embassy near Oxford Street. I went there and got a five year visa after 3 days, so that I could fly back to Rio de Janeiro.

Wald

I wrote the Brazilian Consulate in Brussels (closest one to me in this part of Germany) and they confirmed that I can get a tourist visa from any Brazilian Consulate in Europe or abroad.

Thanks for all the responses.