rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Correcting Vision Without Glasses/Contacts

Has anyone tried this or know anything about this: Rebuild Your Vision

I read something about doing eye exercises to correct vision on another manosphere blog and the guy claimed it worked (two.cedonulli.com), and so I am curious if anyone here has done this or something like this.

edit

"Control of your words and emotions is the greatest predictor of success." - MaleDefined

Well, I should have done a bit more research before I posted. That website appears to be just a re-packaging of freely available information, namely the Bates Method: http://www.seeing.org/

You can get Rebuild Your Vision for free too [Image: wink.gif]

"Control of your words and emotions is the greatest predictor of success." - MaleDefined

I had PRK done through the Army last year for free. Easily one of the best decisions of my life. I was seriously myopic before, and contacts were a bitch. Really though, aside from extended time in the field where I couldn't wear them contacts were never a problem as far as my nightlife was concerned. I'd just get tough and become accustomed to poking yourself in the eye. It's not that bad.

Oh I'm not bothered by contacts, I wear them fine, but if I could correct some of the astigmatism I'm experiencing, I think I'd be happy.

Quote: (09-10-2012 10:35 AM)Menace Wrote:  

Has anyone tried this or know anything about this: Rebuild Your Vision

I read something about doing eye exercises to correct vision on another manosphere blog and the guy claimed it worked (two.cedonulli.com), and so I am curious if anyone here has done this or something like this.

It's based on Bates Method. You can get a free PDF version somewhere on the net.

I wrote a book on improving your vision. The main exercise is opening your eyes as wide as possible and blinking as fast as possible. Do that for at least 5 minutes a day. Try it out for 30 seconds non-stop and you'll see your vision improve IMMEDIATELY. It's temporary, but keep at it and it'll become permanent.

I just bought some pinhole glasses for $4 on Amazon. I'll try those out for me and my 5 year old son. I'm starting him early on eye exercises so he has great vision for baseball.

Yea, that's me, Jake, from cedonulli.com. I tried all that stuff. The books are basically boilerplate fluff. Only thing that made any of it even remotely plausible was me wanting to believe in some cheap shortcut, or magic bullet.

Come on, it's your eyes. Pretty complex stuff. And how much is my case the same as the next guys? If reading a book fixed anybody's eyes, that book would be all over the place and nobody would be wearing glasses.

I ended up spending some $$ and getting on an actual therapy program. The guy, even if a little bit of a hardass sometimes, knows his stuff. Less than four months, and I'm down from -4.00 to -2.50. And my vision continues to improve. I can actually find my glasses from across the room now, which ... friggin awesome. Oh and ask him (Alex) about Bates Method. You'll get an earful.

Read this post: http://www.myopiachallenge.com/explained...ic-growth/

I asked my optometrist about the Bates method a while back. He said it was a pile of B.S. Of course, he has an interest in hating on it.

Wikipedia has an article on the subject. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bates_method

Quote: (09-16-2012 11:10 PM)tarquin Wrote:  

I asked my optometrist about the Bates method a while back. He said it was a pile of B.S. Of course, he has an interest in hating on it.

Wikipedia has an article on the subject. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bates_method

Yea, it is BS. There's a reason it got famous, though: It does work, for very low myopia cases. Which back in Bates days, a lot of people were. His little song and dance reduces ciliary strain, and low grade myopia is usually just that. Voila, you're cured.

Today most people aren't the -1.00 prescriptions. -4.00 is a closer average. That can't be fixed with Bates thing, but it sounds so good to that whole miracle cure crowd, so scam monkeys sell ebooks to the suckahs.

I can say for sure that being down to -2.25 from a -4.00 is a world of difference. It took the optometrists a long time to gradually build up my eyes to that much focal adjustment. I put those glasses on today, I get dizzy as hell.

Bottom line, it's all just axial growth of the eyeball (myopic growth) to compensate for focusing (ciliary) muscle strain. Induce hyperopic growth (shortening the axial length of the eye), myopia goes down. Then there's the peanut gallery screaming that hyperopic growth isn't possible ... but those guys don't know the power of the Interwebz ... look around the clinical trials site: http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00950924

Nearsightedness isn't 'broken eyes'. It's just a physiological adaption to strain. Eliminate strain, change the stimulus, and plenty of clinical trials affirm that your eye shortens the same way it lengthened. Not so weird, really.

I had PRK/LASIK done in the military for free and I fucking love it. Went from 20/400 to 20/15 in both eyes.

up your beta carotene levels so eat more fruits and vegs that are rich in them. carrots, cantalope, things like that.

Game/red pill article links

"Chicks dig power, men dig beauty, eggs are expensive, sperm is cheap, men are expendable, women are perishable." - Heartiste

Four-year bump.

Anyone do this? Results?

I bought the 'Rebuild your vision' program back in 2012.
It took me about a month to master certain exercises, like the ones with the rings, in which you have to make a cup look upside down or otherwise.
I understood that those exercises with the rings were the key ones.
But by the time I mastered the exercises, I lost interest.
And my eyesight didn't budge an inch. I am still -7.

Perhaps if you are more persistent, you can achieve some progress.
But I've heard all eye exercises are bs.
So I basically accepted I'd remain a bespectacled nerd.

And I consider myself lucky I didn't do lasik or prk, considering how dangerous they are.
When they were at the peak of their popularity, like 10 years go, I couldn't afford it.
Now I could afford it, but I know of the pitfalls.
Glasses are the safest option available.
I basically don't see being bespectacled as a hindrance in life and often an edge.

To my understanding, people who are watching contact lenses, get a degenerative loss of their vision over time.

So contact lenses are not really making things better, but making things worse.

What are your opinions about this?

^^^^

I'm quite myopic but would never care about contact lenses, as I find that optical glasses do give a real style and can even be a status accessory, as a watch (provided it's obviously a quality brand and of course fits your face structure) .

Bought last week those beauties : https://dita.com/shop/united?id=571#174=147&175=283 ...not cheap, but optical glasses (or sun for that matter) is IMO something you have to invest money in. It's my sixth Dita glasses (three optical and three sun - sun being also with optical lenses). Dita is the Richard Mille of the eyewear industry : high prices, but handmade manufactured and very exclusive (and the best in technical innovation).

There's some more science done on it since. The cause of induced myopia appears to be the eye focusing on near vision for too much time continuously. Daytime wear contacts make this worse, as do negative corrective lenses.

To prevent it I recommend a three pronged approach:

1: Use freely available vision and focusing exercise...not bates stuff, get yourself a vision bead cord, focusing lenses, and refractors. Those help keep the muscles strong.

2: Go to an optometrist and get him to prescribe you a set of reading glasses because you have to use a computer a lot at your job. The purpose of this is to artificially force your eyes to extend their focus when doing computer/book work, somewhat mitigating the damage.

3: I wrote up a short datasheet on it earlier but a good fix is wearing CRT lenses, which are a hard lens you wear overnight and take out in the morning. They're a pain to get used to and potentially expensive depending on who you go to, but they're highly effective if you need good vision for sports, driving, etc. After 2-3 nights of continuous use I have near perfect corrected vision for the whole day.

I'm up to a -12, so it's almost worth it to pay the $4k per eye so I'm saving up to have ICL done since that's all they can do with really bad eyes.

Team visible roots
"The Carousel Stops For No Man" - Tuthmosis
Quote: (02-11-2019 05:10 PM)Atlanta Man Wrote:  
I take pussy how it comes -but I do now prefer it shaved low at least-you cannot eat what you cannot see.

Contacts don't make vision worse, unless they are not cleaned properly, or there is an allergy to them/or cleaners. Your eye will go to shit on its ownif its wants to. Correction such as glasses or contacts don't make them worse.

Hard contacts sound like a nightmare to get used to especially if she sleep in them. I'd rather have the surgery. The pain is shorter if there is any. That therapy sounds like a wearing retainers to prevent the teeth from shifting back from braces or you lose your progress. Granted my vision isn't that bad.

Any 2017 updates from those that tried what Easy_C recommended?

After hearing Mike CF mention Blueberries and Fish Oil could improve eyesight I recommended it to a friend.

It's been around a year since she started implementing them both into part of her daily diet. Her eyes which were degrading slowly have stopped and she said her eyesight seems to be improving.

I don't know much about the science behind this.

“It is far better for a man to go wrong in freedom than to go right in chains.” Thomas Henry Huxley

The Drum & Bass Music Thread
The Dubstep Music Thread

I bought the See Clearly Method several years ago. The feds put them out of business for making dubious claims in their marketing. I did the program and did an exam before, and one after, and I had lowered my prescription a bit. It actually worked. But it takes A LOT of work. Mostly eye exercises. I think I still have the program somewhere. I still have to wear glasses, and the effect may have gone away by now, its been years since I did it and I wear contacts almost every day now. I do believe in the concept, but it didnt make me 20/20, because of the length of time you have to devote to the process. I think you can make your eyes slightly stronger, but true perfect vision seems daunting in my mind. But thats just my experience.

If you want to make your eyes stronger quit wearing your glasses, and start doing eye exercises from a program.

I'm starting this.

Found this site around vision improvement, looks like it might be the same Jake from earlier:

http://endmyopia.org/

Haven't tried it yet personally but the science behind it is pretty sound, a big part of it is that people are using too strong corrective lenses and that worsens our eyes. We get tested under dark conditions reading distant letters but typically are reading our laptop screens two foot away in bright light. Weaker corrective lenses and some exercises are the solution.

He's got a very active Facebook group too:

https://m.facebook.com/groups/560893680770705