rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Nothing Beats Doing Interesting Things With Your Life

For many of you, this might be a concept that you have already encountered and in many ways, it is a fairly obvious one. But the truth is, nothing beats doing interesting things with your life.

Not much gives me more confidence than knowing that what I'm doing is a) something that interests me and b) something that may interest someone else.

What do I mean by "interesting things"?

Each person is their own individual, but to me it means reading books/articles that captivate me, working out, chasing girls, and (hopefully in the future) making money and traveling.

It excites and depresses me to realize their is a whole wealth of knowledge out there of captivating information. Exciting because I will get to explore some of this information; depressing because I won't get to it all in my lifetime... there is just too much out there.

I recently started reading The Selfish Gene by Richard Dawkins, and in the upcoming days I will start the Stronglifts 5x5 program. These are two things I'm doing in my life that will hopefully result in me getting more women in my life, but at the same time, I am happy doing these things for me.

What interesting things are you doing with your life and why do you do them?

"I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed."
~Michael Jordan

Naaaaa. Interesting is out, conformity is in. Look at the hipster movement. It's funny now how individuality becomes a group effort.

It's all in the confidence...

http://theprivateman.wordpress.com/2011/...-expanded/

Quote: (09-07-2012 10:39 PM)Private Man Wrote:  

It's all in the confidence...

http://theprivateman.wordpress.com/2011/...-expanded/

I have referred to this post countless times. It is a classic for sure and definitely explains some of my successes with women.

Initially after I read The Game, I found myself more successful with women. This is probably due to three reasons: 1. Reading the book gave me confidence. 2. My social skill shined after reading the book and I became more aware of my appearance. 3. Naturally, I had some charisma with women, but the first two truly brought it out.

"I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed."
~Michael Jordan

Doing something interesting is doing something challenging.

It's amazing how much great women (and interesting people in general) you meet when you don't NEED them.

Women naturally want to date men who they think are better than them...the men who, if they don't reach certain standards would leave them in a heartbeat.

It's about being happy man. If you are happy doing something, then you've won. Doesn't matter if that means being on Seal Team 6 or teaching high school chemistry. Just find what you dig, and pursue it.