rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Questions for Those Who Have Learned Russian

I stated these questions in another Russian language thread, but thought they merited a separate thread. Russia, Eastern Euroean and FSU countries have been the most talked countries in the forum, since Roosh left for Europe. South America still receives attention, but not at the same level as before IMO. Obviously all the great info from posters, has made us more intrigued about the East of Europe.
I think for European players the obvious language to learn is Russian because of the proximity, the hotness and femininity of the women, and because it might be the last bastion of Europe that holds out against feminism. So if I was European, I would have learned Russian years ago.
For American players it is a different story. As Roosh has wisely counseled American travelers and players, learning Spanish is a must for many reasons. It is not that difficult (especially compared to Russian) and it opens up a whole new world of pussy opportunities, in Latin America and even within the United States.
But learning Russian, for us based in the Americas, is a big risk in time, distance, money and effort, especially if you are not white
It seems like all you guys, who put the effort to learn russian feel good about it, more than just because you learned another language.
So as a man, based in South America, I ask a few questions to all the forum members who learned Russian:
1) Did you already have positive contacts and experiences with Russian women, before you started to learn the language ?
2) Had you already visited Russia and felt this was a country you wanted to come back regularly to?
3) Do you think it might have been better to learn another language?
4) Is Russia one of your favourite countries to visit now that you have russian skills?

I have been once to St Petersburg for 5 days, do not have a Russian flag and have not had many contacts with FSU women. Just banged 1 Ukranian and 1 Poish here in Ecuador. So I would be going there without a clue. It seems most of those who decided to learn Russian or go there had, already some experiece with the people or the culture.

If possible, spend more time in Russia (or FSU country) first. Stay long enough to get a flag. See if you vibe with the girls. You might fall in love with the place, you might fall in hate, or you might just decide learning the local language is not worth it. Also visit some other EE countries. You might decide you like Poland more than a Russian-speaking place.

I studied Spanish before ever going to any Spanish-speaking country -- it was required in my school. It was nice having Spanish when I finally did visit some Spanish speaking countries, however I've spent much more of my life in Eastern Europe and India. Looking back, I regret taking Spanish opposed to Russian. I'm in a Russian-speaking city now. Am I studying Russian now? No. I don't have time and although it would be nice, it's not currently a priority for me. If I had more time, I'd study it.

You just have to go to Eastern Europe and see which countries you like most. I agree with the Duke on that. You'll know more if you just touch down in a city, and start going around to get a feel for the different places.

My question is: is learning russian worth it for the pussy? It appears that many dudes a get a solid lay every 2 weeks from consistent gaming in the russosphere.

To me, that just is not really worth it. With the same amount of time and effort you could work on building a business, getting ripped, or developing another skill.

Roosh hasn't really written about his experiences in ukraine much, but I'm interested in hearing about the amount of pussy he got there.

I'm currently in Ukraine, and knowing russian is a must for sure, but some girls know enough english. Talent here is excellent, and makeouts are easy, but getting the lay is going to take many more nights out, and I'm already pretty beat from all the drinking I've done.

I think that being latin american the likelihood is that you will culturally connect and vibe with Russian girls. The social dynamic in Russia is similar to South America in that the man needs to show confidence, takes the lead, displays the dominant frame, etc.

However in my opinion its not worth learning Russian unless you become fluent and this requires 1 year of dedication.

If you go there speaking broken Russian (basic conversation) you will find yourself dating english speakers anyway.

I speak broken Hebrew and broken French and it was never enough to give me licence to pick up attractive non english speaking Israeli or French girls in their country.

To emotionally connect with foreign women one needs to be fluent enough to flirt, tease them and tell them off in culturally specific slang. Its not enough to be able to structure sentences learned through language classes.

I partially agree with Wolverine. I think that it's not worth it to become fluent in Russian for the hell of it, like for a couple 2-week trips throughout your lifetime. I think it's worth it if you like Russian-speaking countries enough that you could see yourself spending at least summers there when you get older, or if you're seriously considering marriage to a Russian speaking girl.

I disagree with the point that it is impossible to flirt without being fluent. Being conversational, and by that I mean being able to hold enough conversation for a 2-3 hour date is sufficient to emotionally connect. You keep the conversation to topics that you're good about talking about and inject emotion through your body language and facial expressions when your words don't suffice. Just lighthearted observational kind of things that you should be keeping dates to anyways.

The fact is that becoming even conversational is a feat in Russian and waiting to go beyond the English speakers until you're fluent is like waiting to go to the beach until you have a six-pack and bicep veins.

Quote: (09-12-2012 10:17 AM)Rurik Wrote:  

My question is: is learning russian worth it for the pussy? It appears that many dudes a get a solid lay every 2 weeks from consistent gaming in the russosphere.

To me, that just is not really worth it. With the same amount of time and effort you could work on building a business, getting ripped, or developing another skill.

Roosh hasn't really written about his experiences in ukraine much, but I'm interested in hearing about the amount of pussy he got there.

I'm currently in Ukraine, and knowing russian is a must for sure, but some girls know enough english. Talent here is excellent, and makeouts are easy, but getting the lay is going to take many more nights out, and I'm already pretty beat from all the drinking I've done.

Yes, I noticed that too. There was so much hype and still is, over Ukraine, but Roosh never mentions it much or even going to Russia.
With all those hours learning Russian, I would have thought he would have gone there at least a month or two. He probably just didnt enjoy it over there as much as he thought (maybe you really need a year or 2 of Russian study ) and other countries probably made him happier. That is why I started this thread, because I would hate to put 6 months of effort learning such a difficult language. And then suddenly go there and feel like I didnt like it and that I never wanted to come back again. These are things that forum members have to ponder before they start learning Russian.

It is because Ukrainian girls are not very talkative.They tell only the essentials.For example:
Polish girl:I went to the market with my brother and my friend Kasia and oh,it was so nice.Unfortunately a dog barked and scared my friend but we went into the shop in the corner we bought some shoes,some trousers which cost 50 zloty.I told her will you pay for the small child as well and she... etc.As we see polish girls are very talkative.
Compare to Ukrainian girl:Yesterday I went out,bought shoes.
Russian girl:I like to go out.Yesterday I did some shopping.There were some good shoes I will show you them.I should buy them.
So in a way polish girls are more pleasant to talk to because they talk too much.Ukrainian do minimal talking not very far from Balkan.Russian girls also talk pleasantly but center around the essentials.

I think 1 year Russian at university level would be enough to make a trip worth it.

Also, I diasagree that there are better thigs to do with your time than learn it. For some of us, learning languages comes quickly and easily.
Its a good idea to be well rounded, but maximizing your strengths is essential.

Quote: (09-12-2012 02:07 PM)Blunt Wrote:  

I partially agree with Wolverine. I think that it's not worth it to become fluent in Russian for the hell of it, like for a couple 2-week trips throughout your lifetime. I think it's worth it if you like Russian-speaking countries enough that you could see yourself spending at least summers there when you get older, or if you're seriously considering marriage to a Russian speaking girl.

I disagree with the point that it is impossible to flirt without being fluent. Being conversational, and by that I mean being able to hold enough conversation for a 2-3 hour date is sufficient to emotionally connect. You keep the conversation to topics that you're good about talking about and inject emotion through your body language and facial expressions when your words don't suffice. Just lighthearted observational kind of things that you should be keeping dates to anyways.

The fact is that becoming even conversational is a feat in Russian and waiting to go beyond the English speakers until you're fluent is like waiting to go to the beach until you have a six-pack and bicep veins.

I meant if you're going to learn a language you need to master it to reap the advantages with the attractive women from that country.

My experience speaking basic hebrew and basic french (6 years schooling) did not give me access to the hot non english speaking girls in Israel and France. I ended up attracting the english speakers anyway.

I think it was Vorkuta who mentioned on another thread that the Russian girls he pulled didnt care less that he could speak basic Russian.

Whats more a latino american speaking broken russian on the streets of Moscow will be thought of as a muslim from Tajikistan by 90% of the girls. They wont give him the 8 seconds of their time he needs explain that he's latin american. I'm sorry but that is the reality.

For a tanned guy the russian language needs to be fluent or English is the better option.

Quote: (09-12-2012 04:25 PM)Wolverine Wrote:  

I meant if you're going to learn a language you need to master it to reap the advantages with the attractive women from that country.

My experience speaking basic hebrew and basic french (6 years schooling) did not give me access to the hot non english speaking girls in Israel and France. I ended up attracting the english speakers anyway.

I think it was Vorkuta who mentioned on another thread that the Russian girls he pulled didnt care less that he could speak basic Russian.

Whats more a latino american speaking broken russian on the streets of Moscow will be thought of as a muslim from Tajikistan by 90% of the girls. They wont give him the 8 seconds of their time he needs explain that he's latin american. I'm sorry but that is the reality.

For a tanned guy the russian language needs to be fluent or English is the better option.

Yes Wolverine, I agree with you...A tanned guy needs to have his shit together to do well in Russia, especially if he is traveling solo. I have no illusions and Roosh´s silence over the Ukraine only confirms that. The only consolation about learning Russian is that Russians and Ukranians stick to the point and are not into detailed conversation (like in Poland), as Kamaki related. So speaking basic caveman style at the beginning might not be so bad.
The same applies to Brazil. Those who dont know the language will end up attracting mostly the english speaking garotas and that will limit the amount of quality they have access to.
Would be nice if Bang Ukraine would come out soon to get some more insight. In the end, if I go ahead with learning Russian I should keep my expectations low and just go there for the adventure. If I end up banging a lot of hot russian girls that will be a major plus, but I wont go expecting it.

He hasn't been silent on Ukraine. Check out the Industrial Shithole thread.

Quote: (09-12-2012 04:48 PM)chochemonger1 Wrote:  

Yes Wolverine, I agree with you...A tanned guy needs to have his shit together to do well in Russia, especially if he is traveling solo. I have no illusions and Roosh´s silence over the Ukraine only confirms that. The only consolation about learning Russian is that Russians and Ukranians stick to the point and are not into detailed conversation (like in Poland), as Kamaki related. So speaking basic caveman style at the beginning might not be so bad.
The same applies to Brazil. Those who dont know the language will end up attracting mostly the english speaking garotas and that will limit the amount of quality they have access to.
Would be nice if Bang Ukraine would come out soon to get some more insight. In the end, if I go ahead with learning Russian I should keep my expectations low and just go there for the adventure. If I end up banging a lot of hot russian girls that will be a major plus, but I wont go expecting it.

Mate speaking any new language has value far beyond pickup.

And the smart girls that are well traveled will appreciate you for your intellect.

My dream is to go to Florianopolis in January. But i too know i wont have access to the beautiful girls there without fluent Portuguese.

The good news is that the dating market in Russia and Ukraine is so skewed in favour of men that guys of all persuasions eventually get laid, not matter what their race, background or language ability.

There just simply is not enough socially functional Russian men to validate the women emotionally or sexually.

The darker guys just have to have better game and tolerate more irrational rejections from women during the process.

Quote: (09-12-2012 02:44 PM)Greek kamaki Wrote:  

It is because Ukrainian girls are not very talkative.They tell only the essentials.For example:
Polish girl:I went to the market with my brother and my friend Kasia and oh,it was so nice.Unfortunately a dog barked and scared my friend but we went into the shop in the corner we bought some shoes,some trousers which cost 50 zloty.I told her will you pay for the small child as well and she... etc.As we see polish girls are very talkative.
Russian girl:I like to go out.Yesterday I did some shopping.There were some good shoes I will show you them.I should buy them.
So in a way polish girls are more pleasant to talk to because they talk too much.Ukrainian do minimal talking not very far from Balkan.Russian girls also talk pleasantly but center around the essentials.

Absolutely correct, from my experiences in Miami. Although I actually get the Ukrainian girls very chatty after initial behavior as you describe, more so than with Russians for me after speaking with both.

Polish girls yes very talkative. I like the Polish accent, it sounds a bit playful.

Never realised this until I read your post and thought back about past experiences, but pretty accurate

Quote: (09-12-2012 05:10 PM)Wolverine Wrote:  

And the smart girls that are well traveled will appreciate you for your intellect.

My dream is to go to Florianopolis in January. But i too know i wont have access to the beautiful girls there without fluent Portuguese.

The good news is that the dating market in Russia and Ukraine is so skewed in favour of men that guys of all persuasions eventually get laid, not matter what their race, background or language ability.

There just simply is not enough socially functional Russian men to validate the women emotionally or sexually.

The darker guys just have to have better game and tolerate more irrational rejections from women during the process.

Well knowing Russian, while living in South America most of the year isnt worth it since you will never get to practice it much. It is not like Greece where every year you get an influx of Russians to practice and to game. The key has to be going back every year. So for me it has to be about loving living there, even if the pussy isnt the most abundant. I think I should start a thread for those who have lived in Russia about whether they loved it there.

Quote: (09-12-2012 02:44 PM)Greek kamaki Wrote:  

Fuck, that's awesome. If anything this is just added incentive to learn Russian - not having to listen to useless nonsequitor chick speak all the time.

Here are a couple of great skits to remind you guys:

Yes.And when Russian women tell you sth it is always pleasant to the ears apart from the case when they remind you their duties as a man(they play a lot with this ''a real man etc''.For example the most embarrassing thing they may tell you is ''you are not a man.''Ukrainian women are very provincial and although they try to be pleasant sometimes they lack the depth and manipulation capabilities of Russian women.Polish women talk a lot about their sufferings and misfortunes to gain your sympathy they are great conversationalists.Meaning before the dialogue you may think ''the kurwa mistreated me no way I will give her anything again'' but after ten minutes of conversation they manage to chenge your mind.They take initiatives and talk a lot but always to present their humbliness and the huge problems they encounter.
In Balkans there is always the sly conversation with 80% being talked under surface by cubcommunication and hints.

Quote: (09-12-2012 06:17 PM)chochemonger1 Wrote:  

Well knowing Russian, while living in South America most of the year isnt worth it since you will never get to practice it much. It is not like Greece where every year you get an influx of Russians to practice and to game. The key has to be going back every year. So for me it has to be about loving living there, even if the pussy isnt the most abundant. I think I should start a thread for those who have lived in Russia about whether they loved it there.

Honestly dude, it's a big risk thinking you'll love Russia/Ukraine/Belarus. Go to Slovenia. They have the latin fetish plus they speak english way better. Or even try Germany (yes a heinous idea, but they speak better english, and probably have a similar preference for tan men).

I'm in Ukraine now. I mean, it's "edgy" in that it's poorer, and more dysfunctional. Countries like that have their charm. The girls here are definitely hot, I would say better than Poland (but the tits aren't quite as big here though). As another poster commented they really have that "model" look. They eat almost nothing, have great figures, and dress to the max almost at all times.

...But good luck with that language barrier. It's a bitch. Plus things Roosh and Kamaki have pointed out definitely ring true. Ukrainians are less talkative, they almost seem less intelligent than polish girls. Ukrainians definitely seem more transactional too. The country is like a huge cock tease. Hot women everywhere, who are interested in foreigners, but not simple to game. I've made out with some hot girls here, but no bang yet.

Quote: (09-14-2012 02:34 PM)Rurik Wrote:  

Quote: (09-12-2012 06:17 PM)chochemonger1 Wrote:  

Honestly dude, it's a big risk thinking you'll love Russia/Ukraine/Belarus. Go to Slovenia. They have the latin fetish plus they speak english way better. Or even try Germany (yes a heinous idea, but they speak better english, and probably have a similar preference for tan men).

I'm in Ukraine now. I mean, it's "edgy" in that it's poorer, and more dysfunctional. Countries like that have their charm. The girls here are definitely hot, I would say better than Poland (but the tits aren't quite as big here though). As another poster commented they really have that "model" look. They eat almost nothing, have great figures, and dress to the max almost at all times.

...But good luck with that language barrier. It's a bitch. Plus things Roosh and Kamaki have pointed out definitely ring true. Ukrainians are less talkative, they almost seem less intelligent than polish girls. Ukrainians definitely seem more transactional too. The country is like a huge cock tease. Hot women everywhere, who are interested in foreigners, but not simple to game. I've made out with some hot girls here, but no bang yet.

Nice info Rurik. Will keep that in mind. How is your Russian? I wonder, for those who speak decent Russian, whether it is easier to bang Ukrainian or Russian chicks? Since the girls are hot in both countries, it would be a matter of picking where they are easier

In Ukraine you mostly speak with syncopated words.You do not explain everything.
For example:Talking to a polish girl:
''I like Poland very much.It is full of nice forests and lakes.I always want to vist Poland.And polish food is phantastic.Above all bigos,pierogi and the soups.But most improtantly it is the nature.So beautiful valleys in Poland.In Greece we have only mountains in Poland you can see far away.And the architecture of the old cities is so pretty.I like the style of houses very much.The rynek,the Wawel,all castles a miracle.So many tourists come to visit.Only it can be cold sometimes but even this weather can create a special atmosphere.It is the dark central Europe sometimes I get reminded of it in Greece when the weather changes.''

When talking to Ukrainian girl:
''I like Ukraina.Especially your nature,rivers and forests.You also have nice cities Kiev,Lvov,Dnipropetrovsk.I generally prefer Lvov to Kiev.Ukrainain food is borsh and vareniki.I visit Ukraina because the people here are very pleasant.''
As you see when talking to Ukrainian girl you omit most of the information,(the adjectives,the subjective views and the general descriptions).She has to derive them from the basic words(nature,rivers,Kiev,Lvov,borsh,vareniki,people).

I speak no russian.

It's going to be a lot easier to game these chicks with decent russian. Perhaps if you're an 8/10 in the looks department, it wouldn't be too hard with no russian.

the whole google translate game thing is not something I've tried.

Dude you mention that you spent 5 days in saint petersburg.
Were you in a coma the whole time?

Youre starting all these threads to get opinions on a country you have already been to. Surely you gained some insights of your own in that time. Did you not interact with a single person in that 5 days?

Quote: (09-16-2012 10:23 AM)Wolverine Wrote:  

Dude you mention that you spent 5 days in saint petersburg.
Were you in a coma the whole time?

Youre starting all these threads to get opinions on a country you have already been to. Surely you gained some insights of your own in that time. Did you not interact with a single person in that 5 days?

Wolverine it was in 1996 when Russia was still a very closed off place and it was in the middle of winter. I was studying in Sweden, my junior year in college, and took the fuck ferry from Stockholm to Helsinki. Then we took the ferry to St. Petersburg. We were only allowed to be outside the ship during the day. It was 2 French guys and 2 Americans and we got a lot of looks on the street. Bought a former Soviet Union Army coat that I still have. Unfortunately, the girls seemed kind of closed off....soviet style. But trust me it did not seem like a pleasant place to be and we were happy to go back to Sweden. I dont even remember what the Visa situation was back then. How things have changed.

Quote: (09-14-2012 02:34 PM)Rurik Wrote:  

Ukrainians are less talkative, they almost seem less intelligent than polish girls. Ukrainians definitely seem more transactional too. The country is like a huge cock tease. Hot women everywhere, who are interested in foreigners, but not simple to game. I've made out with some hot girls here, but no bang yet.

Very true. I'm in Ukraine at the moment as well (Vinnytsa).
The girls are quiet as they have the prostitution mentality. This includes the non-prostitutes.

They're job on dates is to sit and look beautiful while the man finances her evening. It feels somewhat soulless.

It's not like this with all the girls but it is with all the beautiful girls.

The rule in Ukraine is if you dont feel the attraction is real then walk away. If she isnt making an effort to get to know you as a person, no matter how super beautiful she is. walk away, as she aint going home with you.

In clubs its often hard to ascertain whether her silence constitutes a lack of attraction on her part towards you, as she will still be smiling and act comfortable in your presence.

I escalate physically through hand contact and of she doesnt reciprocate i wish her a good evening.

In the Russian language there is a slang word "dynamo". It means dynamic, or girl who is out looking for action. This literally means a girl who goes out manipulating men for free drinks and handouts with zero intention of sleeping with them.

In Ukraine there is usually 100-150 attractive single girls in a nightclub. It looks amazing. Foreign men come here and take photos of nightclub dancefloors just to show off the amazing ratio to all their facebook friends.

But like Rurik sais its a cocktease.

Once you eliminate the dynamo plus the ones who categorically wont interact with a tanned guy (90%) you're left with 4 or 5 girls to talk to in hope of a phone number or lay.