rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Ugly Dudes Who Get a Lot of Women

This link:
http://www.nerve.com/content/the-twenty-...gly-people

This link got me thinking about all the ugly dudes who bag a lot of chicks. They seem to mainly consist of rock stars like Steven Tyler and Keith Richards or ugly, annoying jewish dudes like Howard Stern and Woody Allen.

There were some good suggestions in the comments though, like Lyle Lovett and Prince though. Any thoughts?

You gotta give props to dudes as ugly as Steven Tyler and Prince bagging the chicks though.

Here's a pic of Steven Tyler peacocking:
[Image: attachment.jpg7638]   

I saw Steven Tyler in person recently. He's not ugly, just strange looking.

What a lot of these ugly guys have in common is a strong personality. They probably offend way more people than they attract. But that's the point - as long as you get some solid groupies, you don't care so much about everyone else.

That's the lesson I'd take from guys like this - forget about trying to please everyone. Build your own brand, and you'll build a following. Don't think you need to suppress your personality because you're ugly or for any other reason. Among normal people, the ugly guys who get laid are often real characters, and that's their lure.

That said, keep an eye out for when you should dial things down a little. Sounds contradictory, I guess...

There's nothing to really be learned from rock stars and celebrities. They live in a reality completely different from ours where the normal rules don't apply. If I walk into the club dressed like Prince or Marilyn Manson I'm not going to have chics throwing pussy at me, I'm going to get clowned.

Guys like them are to pussy what the 1% is to the economy. They can get away with shit that a normal person could only dream of. They live in a world of abundance that is bottomless. So what lessons can I take away from them that will assist me? Pretty much nothing.

Quote: (09-05-2012 12:32 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

There's nothing to really be learned from rock stars and celebrities.

False. There is one lesson to learn: if you're ugly, then become a celebrity first, profit later.

Quote: (09-05-2012 12:32 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

If I walk into the club dressed like Prince or Marilyn Manson I'm not going to have chics throwing pussy at me, I'm going to get clowned.

Of course. Extreme peacocking is fundamentally self-deprecating. It works if you have high status, for you're lowering your status and raising the status of those around you, which is gracious. If you have low status, lowering yourself will accomplish nothing.

"The great secret of happiness in love is to be glad that the other fellow married her." – H.L. Mencken

I wouldn't consider Prince to be ugly. He's very short, and a bit eccentric. Looks-wise, he's almost pretty. Celebs, rock stars in particular, can always get away with dressing theatrically because that's all part of the job and image. His act has always been overtly sexual - back in his early days the dude used to perform in bikini briefs. With that whole package he has slayed some of the finest chicks along the way.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

Jamie Foxx said that he wanted to bang Prince in one of his standups.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

okay so here's the effeminate question can you be androgynous and still be alpha a la Steven Tyler and Price ? or have we already covered that on these here boards since 2011.

but real talk. what about the fat, hairy, italian dudes that pull like crazy. i'm more intrigued by that show of dominance then the pretty metrosexual celebrity.

It's hilarious to me how many guys are still hung up on looks. But it's easy to understand why: they're trying to discern the mystery of female attraction by simply modifying their own male attraction and pasting it on to women. Essentially, they're trying to see things from the female perspective through male eyes, instead of female eyes.

This is a fundamental mistake. While male attraction is almost entirely visual, female attraction is much more complicated. Women value good looks in men, sure. But women value good looks the same way that men value a good personality: it's secondary or tertiary at best in terms of importance. From the male perspective, a woman can never be attractive enough. She could always be better looking somehow, which would increase our attraction to her. From the female perspective, it's much more important that a man meet a minimum attractiveness standard than that he be as attractive as possible. While a man always wants to be with a 9 or a 10, a woman can be perfectly happy with a man who is a 4 or 5, assuming he pushes all of her other buttons correctly.

Status, attitude/confidence and the ability to generate strong emotional responses are much more attractive to women than looks.

The most simple analogy is to imagine some type of high profile VIP event. The beautiful women attending are arm candy. The men who brought them value them for their attractiveness. The high-status men attending are just enjoying the benefits of a successful lifestyle. The women they're with value them for their status and for sharing their access to that lifestyle.

How often do you see a high status man with a fly looking younger woman, versus an old hag dating a handsome, mid 20s stud?

Forget about looks and work on your game, status and lifestyle.

[size=8pt]"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.”[/size] [size=7pt] - Romans 8:18[/size]

The Nerve article actually deals with a different issue all together - attractiveness, as opposed to sexiness. There are some chicks out there that may not be pretty by normal standards (Ellen Barkin, Gina Gershon, Vanessa Ferlito and Linda Fiorentino to name some off the top of my head, simply smoked some years back. Maybe not so much now because they're much older), but are SEXY. They exude pure sex. There are some really pretty celeb chicks that just don't have any fire.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

Those people peacock for a reason. They peacock because they are far beyond the point of what other people think due to a combination of fame, female attention, and wealth. These people are untouchable and so they dress provocatively simply because they can.

Talent/Ambition ---> Fame/Wealth ---> Bitches love you ---> Extraordinary behavior i.e. "peacocking"