rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Lena Dunham's Hamster

Lena Dunham's Hamster

Lena Dunham, of HBO's Girls, has a story about a college boyfriend.

Memories of an Elusive Boyfriend

She displays quite the hamster in it, as she even admits.

Quote:Quote:

My relationship with Noah had, I realized, ended two years before, to the day—on August 17, 2008—after a year and a half of dating that felt like fifty. The emotional acrobatics involved turned my heart into a hardened little gymnast with tiny tits and a leotard wedgie.

[Image: womanhamster.gif]

As for the man who inspired these feelings in Dunham, he's gay. Here's how she narrates their first meeting:

Quote:Quote:

My friend Molly and I were pounding veggie burgers and planning an ironic weekend trip to the Cleveland Salvation Army when Noah and his friend Brian walked in. It was snowing, and they were both wearing giant high-tech mittens that made them look like Transformers. They sat down at our table. They were holding hands.

“What are you doing?” I asked.

“It’s an experiment,” Noah told me. “Girls hold hands with their friends all the time. Why can’t Brian and I do it, too?”

I said something unenlightened like “Because it looks super gay. Are you gay?”

He eyed me with vague sadness (and did I detect some wanton longing?). “I used to wonder about that,” he said. “But then I realized that being gay is much too easy a solution for the problem that I have.”

And it goes on from there. She and her boyfriend represent the negative trends commonly affecting this generation so well that it's impossible to read her article without feeling annoyed.