rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Suit game is absolutely real and commands attention

Requirements:
  • tailored suit
  • shirt style and color that commands attention - Red, pink, purple, etc.
  • a suit doesn't hide a poor figure - so be in shape
  • stylish shoes - a $50 pair of ugly shoes destroys the purpose of suit game
  • being self-confident enough to know that people WILL be staring at you, looking at you, then whispering to their friend right after you lock eyes with them, etc.
So, what was I wearing at the bar last night?

[Image: 06_hbna50223023_680_21?$re_detail$]
[Image: 06_hbna50228940_001_21?$re_detail$]
[Image: 06_hbna50224551_001_10?$re_detail$]

A subdued gold necklace with small gold cross, ring, silver watch, no tie, second button unbuttoned.

long story below

I was in a small college town in Iowa two nights ago. I'm there for business and I wore exactly what I posted above to work and to karaoke night at the college bar. Of course, I was the only guy in a suit there. I'm 28 and I stay I'm very good shape.

I buy a guy who rapped "Eminem - lose yourself" with skill a drink. Hot girl tells me to buy her a drink. She's easily an Iowa 8 and any guy who is in Iowa would have fucked her raw dog. I tell her, "are you gonna rap Eminem?" She comes back that I can afford it. I tell her off. I whisper to the guy that I'm the biggest asshole right now and he looks like a saint, and he laughs (whispering around girls makes the pussy wet with jealousy and insecurity). She apologies to guy for offending me. He leaves with his drink. She apologies to me. I tell her there's a lot of haters out there. I pull her in close to me and console her. She says she was just trying to compliment me (lol bitch you were trying to get a free drink).

We get to talking. She asks me why I'm wearing suit. I tell her I got off work. She asks what I do. I tell her consulting and that I'm from San Diego (true). I ask her why she is wasting her time in Iowa. She tells me she is gonna move to san diego. I tell her, she's got the look for it. She tells me that she's hot and to look at her body. I look her down and up, I stared at her tits for a second. She sort of quizzes me on San Diego locations, and I quiz her back. I found out she is really trying to move to the Inland Empire, and I tell her don't even bother moving there. She asks where in San Diego I live. I tell her Carlsbad Village. She knows it. She is way more into me now (lol suit and carlsbad = money). I ask her what a good looking girl is doing in Iowa. She says she's gonna move to san diego with her boyfriend (lol bitch wanted a free drink and she has a bf. never buy a girl a drink without grilling them). She points him out, he's at a booth by himself (lol what). He looks frumpy. I stare at him for like 10 seconds trying to catch eye contact with him. I catch him and give him a thumbs up while pointing at her (I was drunk).

I keep holding at her waist and back, pulling her into me as we talk. Some girl takes her seat and she tells me the girl is a bitch. I say the girl is ugly anyway and she laughs (lol girls are way more evil then men.)

She tells me, next time you're here, don't wear the suit. I ask why. She tells me to look around at all the guys and see what they're wearing. I do it. All the guys are wearing their "best" flannel shirt. Then I turn to her ask her why she isn't talking to them then. She tells me, because you're a character. I think to myself, "does life get any easier?"

*I forget everything that happens in-between here*

The conversation ends abruptly as she heads off to her boyfriend. Looking back, I would still be an asshole to her in the beginning. That FIRED her and me up. Asshole game is great for commanding attention. Improvements would have been, whispering in her ear more. I should have escalated and told her to forget about her boyfriend and let's get out of there and have a good time. Basically, I never advanced the conversation sexually when I had the chance. Sexual tension was high the whole time though. She definitely enjoyed me staring at her sexy body. We were both grinning and smiling the whole conversation, and she loved my asshole behavior, because I'm sure most guys white knight the fuck out of her.

I was only in town for the night, and I got wayyyy too drunk on Long Islands. I ended up passing out in the grass next to my car :/ So no sex, but I get way more action from hot girls (uglies stayed away) and I even got drinks bought for me from guys.

suit game is like life on easy mode. People wanna talk to me and find out about me. I feel like I can only not get a girl by fucking up my game, versus having to be exactingly correct the whole time.

Cliffs:
wear suit in non-obvious places (e.g. college bar) and people will want to talk to you. Losers will stay away, and confident people will gravitate to you. An 18-year old in a suit might look kind of funny though. If you're of manly age (25+), suit game works.

I should point out. I had gone out into town wearing just a button down (same caliber as above) and I didn't get nearly the same attention. I had also gone out dressed like a "bro", with a tank top, and pretty much same results. The suit works.

eh, it's not all great. i go suited down in toronto frequently and a lot of time people just don't give a fuck. or if they do it'll be curiosity, not necessarily attraction. it has sometimes conveyed a corny provider cliche, i.e. banker, accountant. but then again both of my life's 2 ONSs happened while i was wearing a custom suit.

Quote: (08-24-2012 01:15 PM)bodmon Wrote:  

eh, it's not all great. i go suited down in toronto frequently and a lot of time people just don't give a fuck.

What's your style and look? Like I said, a suit without everything that goes with it is worthless.

Do you look frumpy? What's your body fat %? What shoes do you wear? What color is your shirt? Are you muscular? What bars do you go to?

You gotta be careful looking like money. All the gold-diggers will have their hands out like you saw.

I can't do the pink shirt thing myself. I always go dark solid colors like plum purple or black or navy
pinstripe shirts. Light colored suits for day game.

I love your sarcasm though asking her if she's going to rap Eminem. That was great [Image: thumb.gif]

Team Nachos

I never rocked a suit when I went out in college, so I can't speak for what it does on college campuses. When I've gone to upscale venues suited down everyone thinks I own the place or am some high ranking manager. A lot of suit game is not just about wearing it, but your attitude while wearing it as well. It's kinda like what Jordan said about shoes. It's not just about the suit. It's what you do in it that counts.

Lothario, care to chime in?

Quote: (08-24-2012 01:36 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

You gotta be careful looking like money. All the gold-diggers will have their hands out like you saw.

I can't do the pink shirt thing myself. I always go dark solid colors like plum purple or black or navy
pinstripe shirts. Light colored suits for day game.

I love your sarcasm though asking her if she's going to rap Eminem. That was great [Image: thumb.gif]

true about the gold diggers, but they are usually the hot ones. I learned to just make em work for my kindness. I think most guys are just too nice to them out of habit.

Like what would any man think if another man just came up and demanded a drink? A guy would tell him to fuck off.

The secret for me is I have no problem being an asshole when needed.

Not to de rail too much but I'm curious what town were you in?

I've got an idea of where you were at based on the karaoke + long island special.

Quote: (08-24-2012 05:34 PM)flyfreshandyoung Wrote:  

I've got an idea of where you were at based on the karaoke + long island special.

stalker! lol no way am i telling

Quote: (08-24-2012 07:42 PM)SnakeEyes Wrote:  

If you say so. Its just I've partied at about every school here so I was curious, not like I'm going to do anything about it.

Quote: (08-24-2012 08:05 PM)flyfreshandyoung Wrote:  

Quote: (08-24-2012 07:42 PM)SnakeEyes Wrote:  

If you say so. Its just I've partied at about every school here so I was curious, not like I'm going to do anything about it.

you get one guess

Any unusual clothing is just a conversation opener. If a girl likes you and wants to talk to you she can just comment on your suit and get conversation started. Other that that, it makes no difference. Some women have fetish like attraction to men in uniforms or suits.
Too much effort in my opinion. Wear something that makes you feel good instead.

Quote: (08-25-2012 12:46 AM)Wayout Wrote:  

Any unusual clothing is just a conversation opener. If a girl likes you and wants to talk to you she can just comment on your suit and get conversation started. Other that that, it makes no difference. Some women have fetish like attraction to men in uniforms or suits.

your post is filled with double speak.

Quote:Quote:

Any unusual clothing is just a conversation opener.

Some women have fetish like attraction to men in uniforms or suits.

How can it just be a conversation opener if they have a fetish for it? It's not. That's like saying a woman in a smoking red dress is only getting the benefit of a conversation opener.

Now, you'll probably come back and say, well once she starts talking to you the game changes. True, and it does. But, the margin for error for my game is MUCH higher and I had much more leeway in my suit than I ever did in my "best" flannel or tank top. I yelled at this 8/10 girl in the bar, and she apologized to me and she let me pull her body right next to mine so we're within one inch of each other. She told me to look at her body, and I stared at her tits. She grinned and smiled while I did it. She did all this with her boyfriend in the bar watching us. That's power.

Other that that, it makes no difference. Some women have fetish like attraction to men in uniforms or suits.

You put two conflicting statements right next to each other. Does it make no difference, or do they have a fetish? Men and women act upon fetishes.

When you look good, you feel good. When I'm wearing the suit, I get non-stop compliments and guys/girls opening me.

You sound like a 14 year old kid. Not trying to be mean.

"wear suit in non-obvious places (e.g. college bar) and people will want to talk to you. Losers will stay away, and confident people will gravitate to you."

Good point. That's my experience too. Suits even work with hipster girls. I think that roissy once wrote a post where he suggested that contrasts attract girls, by making you stand out in a positive way, stimulating the curiosity of the girls. etc.

OP, that's a good story and you make some good points.

Suit game is a killer in venues where suits are not commonly worn.

I noticed you wore a Boss shirt; I also favor the Boss shirts because they have a slimmer fit. A guy who is in shape looks great in them. My other dress shirts I have tailored to fit better-it's worth the money.

Same with the suit-I see far more badly fitting suits than I do properly fitted ones. It's only when you see a well fitted suit you understand what a huge difference it makes; it's a major DHV that a girl will notice if only subconsciously.

Same with shoes-she will notice; I often see girl's eyes dart down to my shoes. She is making a judgment about me. My shoes are from top quality makers and carefully selected to fit my style.

Another key to wearing a suit is being able to own that suit.You can often spot men who seldom wear suits; they are stiff and self conscious looking when they do wear one. I wore a suit to work daily for a long time, so I am just as mentally comfortable in a suit as I am in jeans and t shirt. Girls are experts at sniffing out incongruence, and will notice if you are uncomfortable. You should be able to put on the suit and just forget about it.

"If anything's gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there!- Captain Ron

Quote: (08-25-2012 11:34 AM)MrXY Wrote:  

OP, that's a good story and you make some good points.

Suit game is a killer in venues where suits are not commonly worn.

I noticed you wore a Boss shirt; I also favor the Boss shirts because they have a slimmer fit. A guy who is in shape looks great in them. My other dress shirts I have tailored to fit better-it's worth the money.

Same with the suit-I see far more badly fitting suits than I do properly fitted ones. It's only when you see a well fitted suit you understand what a huge difference it makes; it's a major DHV that a girl will notice if only subconsciously.

Same with shoes-she will notice; I often see girl's eyes dart down to my shoes. She is making a judgment about me. My shoes are from top quality makers and carefully selected to fit my style.

Another key to wearing a suit is being able to own that suit.You can often spot men who seldom wear suits; they are stiff and self conscious looking when they do wear one. I wore a suit to work daily for a long time, so I am just as mentally comfortable in a suit as I am in jeans and t shirt. Girls are experts at sniffing out incongruence, and will notice if you are uncomfortable. You should be able to put on the suit and just forget about it.

all solid points man. I wear a suit to work almost every day so I'm used to it like you. I was animated like crazy because I was drunk and because I can act like the suit isn't there.

Boss slim-fit shirts are top tier in my opinion. They fit great for guys who work out and materials look like what the shirts cost.

I've also noticed girls doing the shoe look. When I'm walking down the street with my sunglasses on they'll look at me, then stare at my feet, then look back up. It's the shit test of suits.

Connor McGregor ZFG suit

[Image: 423CCAAD00000578-0-image-a-77_1499823482737.jpg]

I think wearing a suit has only a slight impact in big international cities that are full of office drones and businessmen walking around suited up. I've tested out fly suit ensembles multiple times and it rarely made a difference compared to regular clothes. That is in Australia though that I wore suits. I think it depends on the culture. Maybe walking around suited up in 2nd tier cities in places like Ukraine or Ecuador, etc is a huge boost? Anybody with more experience care to weigh in on the that?

Snakeyes seemed like an obvious troll with his over-hyping of the power of suit.

Quote: (07-14-2017 03:58 AM)Australia Sucks Wrote:  

I think wearing a suit has only a slight impact in big international cities that are full of office drones and businessmen walking around suited up. I've tested out fly suit ensembles multiple times and it rarely made a difference compared to regular clothes...

You have the suits but do you project some Patrick Bateman-ish asshole type of vibe?
You know like those WallStreet dudes who would slap you in the face with their 100bills wads for wearing a less-than-5k type of suit.

[Image: tumblr_nt06lfaQPV1seoyyho1_500.gif]

The suit is nothing without the demeanor

Tell them too much, they wouldn't understand; tell them what they know, they would yawn.
They have to move up by responding to challenges, not too easy not too hard, until they paused at what they always think is the end of the road for all time instead of a momentary break in an endless upward spiral

The key with suit game is to not buy some crappy off-the-rack model. Invest in a high-quality one and take care of it. Good with a bold color or pinstripes. Balance calling some attention to yourself without looking the complete clown. More important than anything is that you get it tailored to within an inch of your life. The fit is king.

John Michael Kane's Datasheets: Master The Credit Game: Save & Make Money By Being Credit Savvy
Boycott these companies that hate men: King's Wiki Boycott List

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Maybe pointing out the obvious but I would say the fit is important only if you're fit yourself. I see lots of fat dudes in well-fitted suits and well....it still looks like shit.

And I guess that goes for all clothing in general.

Yea, gym time never hurts, or even being skinny without being buff can look good in a fitted suit.

John Michael Kane's Datasheets: Master The Credit Game: Save & Make Money By Being Credit Savvy
Boycott these companies that hate men: King's Wiki Boycott List

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. -Albert Einstein

I notice suite game works in the daytime better. You wear it out at night to a venue and lots of other dudes will have it on. It also typecasts you as a "type" of dude and some girls will automatically dismiss you by default. In Toronto broads call them "suits" as they are all just mindless money guys. Some girls are into it while others won't even entertain them.

In the daytime if you're outside of the business district suit game works wonders. Don't go to a hipster area but I'd you are near a University, or public library, or some place with simple broads around who are cute you will get lots of eye fucks. Girls by default get more submissive and girly when you talk to them.

Also, girls don't know jack shit about quality. As long as it tailored and isn't a dated cut girls don't know if you got it H&'M or its Bespoke shit. Girls are obvious to that stuff. Only guys can smell and spot a cheap suit from a mile away. Girls don't mention anything about the H&M throwaway suits I plug in here and there, they compliment it the same as my regular suits. Only thing to watch is the quality of the shows as girls know how to spot shitty shoes.

Same shit goes for cars, most girls know is brands and expensive vs not, they have no idea of the nuances of what makes a car a nice one.

Most girls with a passing interest in fashion can tell a bespoke suit from the fit, style, and fabric. Bespoke suits have a few tells which differ from off the rack that can be easily seen. For one, bespoke suits don't have belt loops. Ergo, no belts either.

But there's nothing wrong with a perfectly tailored off the rack suit. Just as important as the suit fitting you is you fitting the suit. If it's not congruent when you go out to game, it's not going to work and they are going to treat you like other office drones. You have to wear with confidence, with great shoes, the right shirts, tie, etc.

I'm saving up for a Tom Ford suit.
I finally found a suit that fits who I am.
It's worth the money to me. It whips your posture into shape.
Thick Lapels are a rarity these days.