rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Anyone Gaming at Karaoke?

I've been trying a little of everything (day/night game/dance lessons) and all I can say is I need practice, but I see how improvement is possible.

As an experiment, I hit up a Karaoke night and luckily did a semi-awesome performance. Had serious flirting going on got approached 2 times that night (kind've adds an easy situational opener for people). I made one decent approach just through complimenting some chick's performance (and a kiss/# close shortly after). Was easy to jump through music topic threads and it wasn't so loud. Anybody bust out Karaoke Game sometimes?

No but I really want to try this. I don't think I've done karaoke since I was 11. I want to get trashed and sing and if the biches come let them.

Let me know how this works out for you, I'm really interested. This has got to put you in a maxed out social mood. Maybe belt off a song, bounce to another bar, use what you were just up to as bait in conversation? Maybe try to get them to bounce back to the karaoke bar so you can do a song together.

Never gamed at karaoke, but I've done it a handful of times. Girls usually come in packs. You've gotta keep high energy and bust out a song with fun confidence, enough to get the groups of girls to notice you so you can then open the group.

If you're good, then it's great

I was at a karaoke bar last night. A guy I know, short and very dweeby & beta looking, but a helluva singer nailed a bunch of motown covers. Every single girl in the bar stopped their conversations with the guys they were talking to whenever he sang, and then started talking amongst themselves "Oh my god, he's so good, kinda sexy & cute too" then all started eyeballing him whenever he got off. He doesn't know what to do with the attention, so he did nothing, but it illustrates the point of having a talent other than pickup-artistry to pick up.

Cool thanks for the replies. If anyone is thinking of trying this, it certainly helps to practice online to make sure your voice can at least hit all the notes (my voice is very low and cannot handle a lot of my favorite tracks). But I've found a few that I can pull off through a small amount of practice. Just another tool and venue...

lol I once cold approached a girl doing the hand of god and pulling her up to the mic

Quote: (08-19-2012 06:14 AM)MalibuPad Wrote:  

I've been trying a little of everything (day/night game/dance lessons) and all I can say is I need practice, but I see how improvement is possible.

As an experiment, I hit up a Karaoke night and luckily did a semi-awesome performance. Had serious flirting going on got approached 2 times that night (kind've adds an easy situational opener for people). I made one decent approach just through complimenting some chick's performance (and a kiss/# close shortly after). Was easy to jump through music topic threads and it wasn't so loud. Anybody bust out Karaoke Game sometimes?

I'm at a karaoke spot every week since January. It's in a college town and the women that frequent the establishment range from 21-35. I've been meaning to branch out and do some salsa dancing or acting lessons, but I've stuck with Karaoke because it's something I actually like to do.

Going from the shy guy to singing karaoke didn't really take much effort on my part because I've sung in public before and I do ok with it. The great part is the built in situational opener AND I get approached frequently by chicks who liked whatever song I did and/or how well I did it. MY problem is after that, I just don't know where to go with the conversation and it fizzles out after a few minutes.

The only success I've had so far is from a chick being patient with my shitty game because SHE wanted to bang. A duet with her, I walked her home, watched TV and made out with her a little that first night, banged a few days later. Turned into a 4 month relationship. It ended but I still see her at the place every week. Kinda awkward for me hooking up with new chicks, but I really just need to work on building comfort and closing skills.

There's a few other bars in the area I could bounce a chick to if that's what it'll take to move the interaction along smoothly. The chicks are rarely there alone and therefore not willing to leave their crew. Isolation is possible heading out for a smoke. I don't smoke myself, but obtaining a lighter would only serve to help me.

Not sure what else I could say to help anybody, but if you can't really sing, pick fun/popular songs, a chick or two may join you on stage to help out.