rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Blackstrap Molasses

Blackstrap Molasses

I have been seeing an odd gray hair popping out here and there, so I wanted to do something about it. I did a bit of research and came across this website:

http://www.earthclinic.com/CURES/hair_gray.html

So I went ahead and picked up a bottle from GNC. This brand is available online at Amazon as well:

http://www.amazon.com/Wholesome-Sweetene..._sim_gro_2

This is my plan:

Intake: 1-2 Tablespoons a day in the morning. You can mix it with all sorts of stuff like almond milk or put it in oatmeal, but I like taking it straight.
Taste: Even though its molasses, the taste is bittersweet. Tolerable for me.
Length: 6 Months. I'll see whether my grays have turned black again.

I have taken one dose so far. I felt pretty good afterwards, high energy level, stress reduction (I have been stressed out lately), and overall positive vibe -- so its worth giving it a shot.

Has anyone else tried BSM?

Blackstrap Molasses

Haven't tried it, but it's on my radar. Keep us posted!

Dr Johnson rumbles with the RawGod. And lives to regret it.

Blackstrap Molasses

LMAO. Never thought I'd see blackstrap molasses mentioned on the forum. I'm an Appalachian Highlander, and my grandmothers side of the family used to make it. Unfortunately making it is becoming a dying art, much like moonshine. Store bought stuff is fine, but it's not the same as what was boiled down in a cast iron cauldron in someone's front yard.

Taking it straight is fine, but try mixing it up with a little butter and smearing on a open-faced homemade biscuit. [Image: icon_razz.gif]

I was surprised to find it in the DR, and have been meaning to pickup a bottle and see what it tastes like. I also might start a tablespoon daily to see if it has any health benefits.

Blackstrap Molasses

This is the one of the few ubiquitous stand-bys of earth clinic that I haven't used for something or other on a regular basis for years. I know a couple of people who have used it for a long time, and they're both in their 70s, grey as hell, and will probably live to be in their 90s, maybe even 100. I asked my friend about whether he thinks it helped with the grey and he said he didn't think so. I'm curious to see what the results of your experiment are. I could use a little touch up if I want to bang women in their 20s. Women in their 30s love the touch of grey, probably because it helps to make you off limits to women in their 20s. It definitely dates you a little bit.

Blackstrap Molasses

I'll keep everyone posted.

Even if its one of those "gene trigger" types of remedies that only helps certain people reverse hair color, I still want to see whether it works for me or not.

Another thing is compliance, meaning taking it EVERY day, not every other day or skipping doses.

Blackstrap Molasses

Boston, I want to see how it goes for you. Please keep us posted.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

Blackstrap Molasses

^

No doubt, Moma. In the short term, I am feeling good: a positive "vibe" (not in that hippy way) + higher energy levels, so it can't be bad.

I am taking the the two tablespoons in the morning before work right now.

Blackstrap Molasses

Quote: (08-19-2012 10:06 PM)BostonBMW Wrote:  

How are you taking it? I can see maybe mixing a spoonful in with coffee or tea instead of sugar.

Team Nachos

Blackstrap Molasses

Quote: (08-20-2012 04:42 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

How are you taking it? I can see maybe mixing a spoonful in with coffee or tea instead of sugar.

Taking it straight, boss. As in, tablespoon + BSM x 2.

I don't mind the taste at all.

Blackstrap Molasses

Quote: (08-20-2012 08:24 PM)BostonBMW Wrote:  

That works for me. I was under the impression the consistency was thicker like syrup. I take my apple cider vinegar straight. 1 shot glass = 2 table spoons.

Team Nachos

Blackstrap Molasses

Quote: (08-20-2012 08:49 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

Quote: (08-20-2012 08:24 PM)BostonBMW Wrote:  

That works for me. I was under the impression the consistency was thicker like syrup. I take my apple cider vinegar straight. 1 shot glass = 2 table spoons.

It's definitely thick like syrup but nowhere on the foulness level of ACV. I used to take ACV mixed with Apple Juice.

Don't worry about the consistency, just gulp it down. I do notice that it takes a while to wash off the BSM off my tablespoon even when I use warm water.

You should see a definite effect 10-15 mins after taking. Like I said, that positive effect alone is worth it for me. I'll try to report back in the next few months on the whats going on with the gray hair situation.

Blackstrap Molasses

I am still on it. Finished up one bottle. Skin seems to be softer, still feeling the good vibe/strong energy.

May have missed one daily dose, other than that, I have been consistent. Haven't check for the grey hairs yet.

Blackstrap Molasses

I just did 3 months of that stuff and went through 2 liters of the "Wholesome Sweeteners - Organic Molasses".
I took about 1 tablespoons straight up per day, maybe more on some days when I tried to get it over with.

Pros: Cheap
Cons: Absolutely no difference. New hair growth is as white as ever. Will be discontinuing as I and don't really enjoy sugar bombs or cavities.

I wasn't expecting much, obviously, but was worth a try. I'm interested in hearing reports from whoever else may have tried this though...

Blackstrap Molasses

Quote: (12-16-2012 04:44 PM)BalkanCynic Wrote:  

I just did 3 months of that stuff and went through 2 liters of the "Wholesome Sweeteners - Organic Molasses".
I took about 1 tablespoons straight up per day, maybe more on some days when I tried to get it over with.

Pros: Cheap
Cons: Absolutely no difference. New hair growth is as white as ever. Will be discontinuing as I and don't really enjoy sugar bombs or cavities.

I wasn't expecting much, obviously, but was worth a try. I'm interested in hearing reports from whoever else may have tried this though...

I tried a tablespoon a day for 2+ months. It did nothing for gray hair. I don't have that many, but I saw some coming in so decided to give it a try.

Blackstrap Molasses

Same here. I went through a few bottles over several months and no change in gray hair for me. In fact, I feel like the BSM counteracted against the Apple Cider Vinegar.

I do not recommend being on it for an extended period of time. The sugar bomb and cavities issue aside, I don't see this working out over a long term period (Molasses 4 life?)

In case anyone is interested, I am trying out Black Sesame Seeds. I'll start a separate thread for it.

Blackstrap Molasses

I know a few farmers that swear by it for the flowering stage [Image: wink.gif]