rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

BBC's Fat Checker

BBC's Fat Checker

Thought this may interest some of you

Fat Checker

BBC's Fat Checker

Cool little program. Compared to the world, I have a higher BMI than 51% of the male population aged 15-29. Compared to the US, I'm scrawny as fuck. (BMI less than 86% of the population in the same age range) My body isn't where I want it to be, but I don't feel so bad anymore.

10/14/15: The day I learned that convicted terrorists are treated with more human dignity than veterans.

BBC's Fat Checker

I got El Salvador for body type comparisons which was way below Canada. This is funny because me and my two El Salvadorean homies do have similar body types even though they are slightly a big more rounder.

BBC's Fat Checker

this doesnt factor in if your built though.

BBC's Fat Checker

Quote: (08-14-2012 09:47 PM)chyamor Wrote:  

this doesnt factor in if your built though.

True story.

5'10", 205lbs

It tells me I'm above 70% of males aged 15-29 in the USA, and 97% of those on Earth. It concludes that I most closely resemble a Tongan. My build is too lean for that (think of your typical college runningback-I was one).

Thing is, I ain't even mad really. This just means that my decade-worth of lifting has enabled me to outmuscle most of the planet. Not bad, it could be worse.
I'll probably still work to cut a few pounds, though. 195-200 seems a reasonable goal. Diet changes can get me there, but I can't get much lighter than that without quitting all my weight training and trying to cut muscle. I like the amount of mass I have now.

At least I'm no longer obese. I was a 240lb freshman-this little calculator says that would have put me above 100% of the world's populace, and 95% of Americans. I thought that was fairly normal back then and did not want to be lighter, though I could not imagine carrying all that mass now. American football (especially at the D1 and pro levels) creates a really unusual mindset-bigger is always better, and massive is usually best.

That shit ain't healthy.

Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know thy enemy but not yourself, wallow in defeat every time.

BBC's Fat Checker

Your numbers
Obesity Index
25bmi

National
Below average
You have a lower BMI than 79% of males aged 30-44 in your country

Global
Above average
You have a higher BMI than 56% of males aged 30-44 in the world

BBC's Fat Checker

Speaking of BMI, has anyone seen this wrestler Artur Taymazov? He's 265 lbs at 5'9", for a BMI of 39. AND lean. That's an incredible amount of mass given his height. He just won the gold medal.

[img]outsports.com/jocktalkblog/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Artur-Taymazov.jpg[/img]

BBC's Fat Checker

I laughed when I had gotten my results.

My weight: 110 lbs Height: 5'8
BMI: 17

National BMI: Below 99% of males aged 15-29 in your country

Global BMI: Below 95% of males ages 15-29 in the world.

Then they said my body type is compared to someone in the DR Congo.

They came at me hard on that one but I laughed. I have to eat my head off when I go back to college.

I see muscles in my body but still, skinny is skinny to BBC.

Nope.

BBC's Fat Checker

The site compared me to a Spartan Warrior.

BBC's Fat Checker

Your numbers
Obesity Index
24bmi
BMI is an estimate of how "overweight" or "obese" a person is National
Below average
You have a lower BMI than 78% of males aged 15-29 in your country Global
Above average
You have a higher BMI than 65% of males aged 15-29 in the world

BBC's Fat Checker

Quote: (08-15-2012 11:14 AM)Rosca Wrote:  

They came at me hard on that one but I laughed. I have to eat my head off when I go back to college.

Wow man, I've never heard of anybody at that weight and height.

I've known people who are 140 @ 5'8" and that is considered very skinny. I guess you'll never have to worry about getting fat at least.

BBC's Fat Checker

5'9, 135lbs

20 BMI
You have a lower BMI than 97% of males aged 15-29 in your country Global
You have a lower BMI than 71% of males aged 15-29 in the world

I am most likely to be from Malawi

BBC's Fat Checker

Quote: (08-15-2012 09:55 PM)_DC_ Wrote:  

YUMuy weight: 110 lbs Height: 5'8

Then they said my body type is compared to someone in the DR Conho.

Thet came at me hard on that one but I laughed. I have to eat my head off when I go back to college.

I've known people who are 140 @ 5'8" and that is considered very skinny. I guess you'll never have to worry about getting fat at least.
I'm not giving up though man! I'm definitely not giving up. Especially since I'll be at school where food and gym time is unlimited in like 2 days.

This summer I couldnt really eat much (parents on budget), but I've been doing pushups almost daily. I can lift 30 lbs barbell wise.

Fuck giving up though man. I just gotta fucking hustle. Thats all. And thats what I'mma do when I get back this saturday.

Nope.

BBC's Fat Checker

Quote: (08-16-2012 12:11 AM)Rosca Wrote:  

Quote: (08-15-2012 09:55 PM)_DC_ Wrote:  

YUMuy weight: 110 lbs Height: 5'8

Then they said my body type is compared to someone in the DR Conho.

Thet came at me hard on that one but I laughed. I have to eat my head off when I go back to college.

I'm not giving up though man! I'm definitely not giving up. Especially since I'll be at school where food and gym time is unlimited in like 2 days.

This summer I couldnt really eat much (parents on budget), but I've been doing pushups almost daily. I can lift 30 lbs barbell wise.

Fuck giving up though man. I just gotta fucking hustle. Thats all. And thats what I'mma do when I get back this saturday.
I still need to get going with Skype Rosca! I was around 115 when I was 18-22. I'm about 145 right now and have to watch out with my belly. I can't eat everything I want, not work out and keep a flat stomach anymore.

BBC's Fat Checker

So I am most similar to males my age in Congo. Are they emaciated? I am quite thin and muscled, but not to that point!

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

BBC's Fat Checker

I'm like someone from Burkina Faso - hmmmm

Detective Rust Cohle: "All the dick swagger you roll, you can't spot crazy pussy?"

BBC's Fat Checker

I'm getting Sweden. Seems about right.

But really, BMI is kind of useless since it doesn't say anything about body fat %.

Anyone who is not delusional will be able to take a good look at themselves in the mirror, take stock of how they feel physically and determine whether they need to lose weight, bulk up or just cut body fat.

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

BBC's Fat Checker

I'm exactly the same as you, except a couple of inches taller and at the moment 118lbs, which is the heaviest I've been in my life.

I don't suppose you've got any underlying medical condition or anything?

BBC's Fat Checker

I'm not sure about their country data, seems complete BS:

Mean BMI females aged 15-29:

Belarus: 27.11
Mongolia: 27.1
USA: 27 (this sounds about right, just for comparison)
Slovakia: 24.83
UK: 24.76

Haven't been to Mongolia or Belarus, but that just doesn't sound right at all, seems off by several points. There's no fucking way Belorussian girls under 30 are fatter than American whales.
Have been to USA, UK and Slovakia and I can tell you the girls under 30 are way skinnier in Slovakia than UK. (Although, Slovak girls might be a little bit chubbier than other countries in the slim Central/Eastern European region, but still)

BTW lot of really skinny dudes here. My stats: 6'3", 212 lbs, 26 BMI, like supposedly somebody from Czech Republic. I'm quite muscular (main reason fro 'overweight' BMI), but still should shed a few pounds to be under 200 lbs, at 198 I had about 10% body fat which looked good.

BBC's Fat Checker

Quote: (08-16-2012 09:35 AM)Kitsune Wrote:  

I'm exactly the same as you, except a couple of inches taller and at the moment 118lbs, which is the heaviest I've been in my life.

I don't suppose you've got any underlying medical condition or anything?

I don't think it is a medical condition. Because when I went to the doctor's office they said I was healthy. But it's good to know that we're both similar.

I was skinny throughout my whole life though. As a kid, I had to go to this operation where they put you to sleep and put food in you.

But it's all good Kit because we still got time to change that. I'm a skinny guy whose mission is to step my weight up and my grades in school.

But yeah man, we just gotta put our skinny asses to work that's all.

Team skinny let's get it.

Nope.