rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Adult webcam studio 101

Adult webcam studio 101

Newly registered on the forum. Great reading. Thanks to all for your knowledge.

I'm not much of a PUA, too lazy. I get my share but I usually just roll in with a couple of x chromosome wingpersons (best if they are bisexual). I like easy.

But that's not why I'm posting here.

I am launching a webcam studio here in south america (Lima, Peru). While investigating the market I realized there isn't too much reliable available to help someone get started in this business. Actually, there's a lot of bullshit out there.

I found your forum while doing some research on this project. I read a really beta post about starting a business to bang your employees (that is a bad idea in so many ways). One of the suggestions though was a running webcam studio.

There seemed to be a lot of curiosity and also a lot of ignorance about the subject.

There were also some very insightful comments about the industry. Some of you guys know something about this stuff.

So that is why I am posting here.

I am going to chronicle my progress from where I am right now (pre-broadcast) to where I am going (streaming video 24/7 on 6 stages). I will post what I am doing right and what I might be doing wrong. That way anyone who wants to do something similar can use this thread as a guide.

I am also hoping that there are some subject matter experts out there that can pitch in with info where appropriate.

This post is getting windy. So that's all for now.

there is no try. only do and do not.

Adult webcam studio 101

First off, what is a webcam studio? Or, more importantly, what is not a webcam studio?

A webcam studio is NOT a website where clients (betas) go to pay to watch girls masturbate. There are already big players in that segment of the industry like MyFreeCams, Cams.com, LiveJasmine, etc. These guys already have the massive traffic, servers and all the rest of the infrastructure needed to sell video chat services to their clients. They usually have a few affiliate marketing plans in place to drive traffic. Their focus is on attracting betas and delivering content to them.

There are some pretty hefty upfront costs if you want to play that game, advertising, hardware, bandwidth expenses, etc. Pretty high barriers to entry.

A webcam studio, at least what I am chronicling here is also NOT a virtual webcam “studio”. These guys just consist of e-pimps trying to sign up models to jerk off on camera in their own homes.

The virtual studio owner gets paid a percentage of what the model earns. This business model works only where there are a lot of women who already have the hardware/privacy to do the cam shows.
These guys have no control over when and how often their models get online and hit the track. What's more, since there is very little value added working for the e-pimp most of these broads eventually get smart (?) and figure out how to cut out the middle man and work directly for the website. There is constant employee leakage with this type of business model.

What I am building is an actual brick and mortar studio. Basically a location with cameras and computers and, more importantly, the privacy where models can do their thing. There are plenty of women down here ready to fuck themselves for money. My job is to provide them with the tools, site, hardware, tech support, etc. The webcam studio is actually producing the content that the websites will sell to their clients. The website and studio split the gross sale from the client. Most websites pay between 40 to 50% to the website. The website then pays the model their salary.

Clear as mud, right?

But at least you have some idea wtf this is about. There was some confusion in some of the posts I read. So I wanted to make clear the differences in the various players in this industry.

Adult webcam studio 101

Just read my last post and I was thinking how this might sound to some like a solicitation.

Just to be clear.

I am not looking for investors via this thread. I already make good scratch and I don't need/want partners. Overall investment is about 15k/per studio and I've got that covered.

This is just a public service announcement.

Adult webcam studio 101

I'm not sure what you're getting at.

Since you're in what is probably a decent tourist destination with fairly hot local women, why don't you open a gentlemen's club and have the webcam studio on the side? If you just have titty dancers shake it on camera (or whatever webcam girls do), they're going to get out of practice after a while.

That way you have wealthy clients, steady hours for the girls, and a place for the girls to work once there's no business (some might be seasonal, etc.) . You're also not wasting solid talent in front of a computer monitor.

Adult webcam studio 101

What's your turnover? What are your overheads?

Quote: (03-05-2016 02:42 PM)SudoRoot Wrote:  
Fuck this shit, I peace out.

Adult webcam studio 101

We already had a thread about the ins and outs and the outs and ins of webcam studios. Check search.

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

Adult webcam studio 101

Quote: (08-07-2012 03:11 PM)Hades Wrote:  

I'm not sure what you're getting at.

Since you're in what is probably a decent tourist destination with fairly hot local women, why don't you open a gentlemen's club and have the webcam studio on the side? If you just have titty dancers shake it on camera (or whatever webcam girls do), they're going to get out of practice after a while.

That way you have wealthy clients, steady hours for the girls, and a place for the girls to work once there's no business (some might be seasonal, etc.) . You're also not wasting solid talent in front of a computer monitor.

Thx for the reply.

A gentlemans club is not a bad idea. Just not for me for a few reasons:

Down here there already exist “nightclubs”. Basically places where you go to buy expensive beer and cheap women. The beer runs about 8-10USD for a pitcher and the girls are about 25-35USD.

A gentlemans club is a larger investment with a lower ROI. A webcam studio is about 10-15k investment. A decent club that would attract the typical tourist who would pay more would be 2-3x more to open up. A studio is easier to scale.

I'm not a fan of the tourist industry in general. Its too fickle. Everything is based on the exchange rate and the state of the economy in the tourist's country of origin.

Adult webcam studio 101

Quote: (08-07-2012 02:41 PM)maddog152fo Wrote:  

What I am building is an actual brick and mortar studio. Basically a location with cameras and computers and, more importantly, the privacy where models can do their thing. There are plenty of women down here ready to fuck themselves for money. My job is to provide them with the tools, site, hardware, tech support, etc. The webcam studio is actually producing the content that the websites will sell to their clients. The website and studio split the gross sale from the client. Most websites pay between 40 to 50% to the website. The website then pays the model their salary.

Clear as mud, right?

I'm not quite understanding what you mean. So do you rent girls the space to go in and do their webcam work for sites like Livejasmine? You supply them with a room with the computer and such for them to do their webcam work for the big sites, and they pay you rent or something?

Really interested in hearing more about this. Sounds like a pretty cool idea.

Adult webcam studio 101

Quote: (08-07-2012 04:35 PM)Caligula Wrote:  

We already had a thread about the ins and outs and the outs and ins of webcam studios. Check search.

Hey brother.

If I had already found a comprehensive discussion of the subject I wouldn't be wasting my time posting this shit, would I?

If you're talking about this thread, What type of business can you run just to bang girls that work for you?, that has got some pretty good stuff. Shout out to joehoya, he knows what he's talking about on this subject.

But it by no means covers the

Quote:Quote:

ins and outs and the outs and ins of webcam studios

whatever the fuck that means.

I am no subject matter expert on this stuff, yet. But I'm hoping to engage a few of the members on this forum who are while I truck away at launching my own studio, blazing along, making mistakes and figuring it out. And laying it out there for somebody who might wanna do the same thing some day. Nothing more.

You ok with that?

If not,

Quote:Quote:

Check search.

Check yourself.

Much love.

Adult webcam studio 101

Quote: (08-07-2012 08:48 PM)RioNomad Wrote:  

Quote: (08-07-2012 02:41 PM)maddog152fo Wrote:  

Clear as mud, right?

I'm not quite understanding what you mean. So do you rent girls the space to go in and do their webcam work for sites like Livejasmine? You supply them with a room with the computer and such for them to do their webcam work for the big sites, and they pay you rent or something?

Really interested in hearing more about this. Sounds like a pretty cool idea.

My bad, man. I misspoke in that last sentence and that threw off the whole damn post. Let me try again.

The ideal situation is where your models work directly for you, in your own studios. This is better for a whole lot of reasons; you set their hours, you set what they charge per minute of private chat, you make sure they are on line when their clients are looking for them, etc. The models work for you. The website (liveJasmine for example) cuts you a check for their work. From that you pay the models, either hourly or a percentage of what they earn.

Most websites, including liveJasmine, will let you set it up this way. Some won't.

Sorry for the confusion.

Adult webcam studio 101

I've been interested in this business myself for years, although I've never followed through all the way. I even had a website developed at one stage, but dropped that project in order to focus my time elsewhere.

It would seem a natural marriage of interests; money and naked young women.

I'll be following with interest.

Adult webcam studio 101

Quote: (08-07-2012 10:26 PM)xsplat Wrote:  

I've been interested in this business myself for years, although I've never followed through all the way. I even had a website developed at one stage, but dropped that project in order to focus my time elsewhere.

It would seem a natural marriage of interests; money and naked young women.

I'll be following with interest.

Thx man.

Thats what attracted me to this project in the first place. A never-ending stream of betas willing to pay serious scratch to watch a never-ending stream of women jerk off on camera.

There is a whole bunch of stuff that has to happen to bring the buyer together with the seller, though. That is the purpose of this thread.

Hope it serves you. Peace.

Adult webcam studio 101

Ah, got it. Sounds interesting man. My question would be what does the average girl on there bring in per week/month? Were you able to get some figures on this in order to see if the business would be viable?

Looking who is online now, there are 90 Asian chicks, 250ish white chicks, 80 Latin chicks, but only 34 black chicks. I wonder what kind of statistics Livejasmin releases so you could crunch the numbers to see if each black model is bringing in good money because there is a lack of them? Or maybe there is only 34 online because they are in lesser demand than other ethnicities?

Adult webcam studio 101

Quote: (08-07-2012 11:16 PM)RioNomad Wrote:  

Ah, got it. Sounds interesting man. My question would be what does the average girl on there bring in per week/month? Were you able to get some figures on this in order to see if the business would be viable?

Looking who is online now, there are 90 Asian chicks, 250ish white chicks, 80 Latin chicks, but only 34 black chicks. I wonder what kind of statistics Livejasmin releases so you could crunch the numbers to see if each black model is bringing in good money because there is a lack of them? Or maybe there is only 34 online because they are in lesser demand than other ethnicities?

Truth is, right now I can't talk about my numbers. Cause I ain't got any. We are are still in pre-broadcast phase, i.e. setting up the studio (hardware, lan, teaching the models basic english, etc.)

Some people smarter than me in this business have told me that 2k/mo is the minimum you can expect from the average model. Don't buy into all the hype you will find on the various websites. 500 per day. 10k a month. Yeah right, and I wont cum in your mouth.

I found this post a while back, take it with a grain of salt. Your mileage may vary.

Myself, I am projecting 15% of the time the model is in private chat. Multiply that by 3 bucks per minute private and you get an idea (don't forget that the website is gonna take about half of that).

But if I can average 2k gross per model/mo than I'll make some decent scratch. Cause then it's all about numbers, i.e how many models can I get working in my studios.

As far as which models pull better, check out joehoyas comments on the subject. The guy is spot on. You go for what sells, no matter your personal preference.

Peace.

Adult webcam studio 101

thx for the like rio. i wanna make this thread valuable for any and all who wanna go down this rabbit hole. there is nothing like this on the net

Adult webcam studio 101

This is awesome dude, definitely keep posting about this. I have a few questions for you.

What country are you operating this in?
What are the laws like regarding cam shows? can you run down some of the legal aspect of this business if you don't mind.
How are you planning on finding the models?

Adult webcam studio 101

Knowing how a business is run… is always good. How to organize and sell is always welcomed information. Please keep posting.

Some questions:
How can you handle the physical security of your site? (Nobody knows about it, your place is in a crime-free neighborhood...)
Do you find lots of girls for this, or you have it fish them, one by one?
Following Rio´s question… How do you know if (for example) black girls are on the rise or that people is getting interested (for example) in athletic/glasses/eskimo girls?

This is not a business I would follow, but the thinking and logistics seem to be really interesting.

Adult webcam studio 101

[Image: icon_popcorn.gif]

Will be following this one with interest. Do you aim to keep your relations with the girls strictly on business terms or are you using the business to get sexual benefits?

Adult webcam studio 101

gfy.com

Nothing on there about this?

Adult webcam studio 101

Keep us updated on this for sure. Doubt it's a business I'll ever get into, but I love reading stuff like this.

Adult webcam studio 101

Quote: (08-08-2012 02:22 AM)OldRich Wrote:  

This is awesome dude, definitely keep posting about this. I have a few questions for you.

What are the laws like regarding cam shows? can you run down some of the legal aspect of this business if you don't mind.

I'm launching the first studio in Lima, Peru. Not any real benefit to this country over another, it's just that I've been doing business in Peru over five years. So I got as pretty good feel for how business works in this country. A project like this is not gonna work in every country. JoeHoya already comented how he couldn't make the numbers work in the states. But here, where the minimum wage is about 275USD, it is definately doable.

As far as laws here regarding webcam studios...catch me, fuck me.

Not really, well maybe.

Webcamming basically consists of a woman (usually) in some semi-private place playing with herself while people pay to watch. There is no sex involved, so it's not prostitution (which is legal in Peru anyway). Masturbation is not prohibited by law and activities that are not prohibited and are conducted on private premises are afforded constituional protection. So, according to my lawyers, the actual business activity is permitted. Of course, no minors. That is a planet-wide no no.

A city business liscense may be required depending on how you want to play it. We are gonna first try it without and see how it flies. If there is a problem we will get a liscense as a call center.

Zoning is not really an issue down here.

As far as taxes, also not much of an issue. Most websites pay their studios with an online payment processor, like payoneer. Models are independant contractors. We will pay them in the same manner. There is a 2% financial tax on transactions if the money stops moving in Peru. But as there will be no income actually earned in Peru, no corporate income tax. Stateside taxes, I can make up to about 90k before I have to pay anything to Uncle Sugar. With my other businesses, I am pretty close to bumping up to that limit, so I will have to consult with an accountant up there to see how to play that.

Finding the girls? They are finding us. For now we are paying a 50USD birddog fee but thats gonna stop real soon as we have more girls now who want to work than studio capacity. Not an issue. Again check JoeHoya's comments about how to get started finding girls. We did some of that and the word gets out real fast.

We are paying models 3x the national minumum wage so there are plenty of applicants.

Adult webcam studio 101

Quote: (08-08-2012 12:15 PM)maddog152fo Wrote:  

Quote: (08-08-2012 02:22 AM)OldRich Wrote:  

I'm launching the first studio in Lima, Peru. Not any real benefit to this country over another, it's just that I've been doing business in Peru over five years. So I got as pretty good feel for how business works in this country. A project like this is not gonna work in every country. JoeHoya already comented how he couldn't make the numbers work in the states. But here, where the minimum wage is about 275USD, it is definately doable.

As far as laws here regarding webcam studios...catch me, fuck me.

Not really, well maybe.

Webcamming basically consists of a woman (usually) in some semi-private place playing with herself while people pay to watch. There is no sex involved, so it's not prostitution (which is legal in Peru anyway). Masturbation is not prohibited by law and activities that are not prohibited and are conducted on private premises are afforded constituional protection. So, according to my lawyers, the actual business activity is permitted. Of course, no minors. That is a planet-wide no no.

A city business liscense may be required depending on how you want to play it. We are gonna first try it without and see how it flies. If there is a problem we will get a liscense as a call center.

Zoning is not really an issue down here.

As far as taxes, also not much of an issue. Most websites pay their studios with an online payment processor, like payoneer. Models are independant contractors. We will pay them in the same manner. There is a 2% financial tax on transactions if the money stops moving in Peru. But as there will be no income actually earned in Peru, no corporate income tax. Stateside taxes, I can make up to about 90k before I have to pay anything to Uncle Sugar. With my other businesses, I am pretty close to bumping up to that limit, so I will have to consult with an accountant up there to see how to play that.

Finding the girls? They are finding us. For now we are paying a 50USD birddog fee but thats gonna stop real soon as we have more girls now who want to work than studio capacity. Not an issue. Again check JoeHoya's comments about how to get started finding girls. We did some of that and the word gets out real fast.

We are paying models 3x the national minumum wage so there are plenty of applicants.

The trick with this sort of thing is to kind of apply basic business models to it and not get caught up in what it is. You seem to be figuring out the best way to do things as you go along, and thats not a bad thing at all, but normally you find that what applies to one thing will often apply to another.

Consider the way you handle strippers and love motels, and maybe its not far off that.

Here are some things you can consider:

- Anytime you push content through a traffic generator, they will take a cut. Sometimes you score from the volume of traffic they bring, but if you start building up a large enough group of women, then it may be better just to start offering affiliate programs of your own and gradually building up your own site. So do both, use the existing services, but gradually build up a site of your own, this way maximising their chance to earn. Gradually, as your own site starts growing, you take a cut off that.

- With regards to the chicks, managing any contractor is a pain in the ass. Does not matter what industry, but something like this is going to be frustrating. Consider the stripper model, which is them paying you a set fee per day REGARDLESS of how much money they made at your joint. So you provide the facilities and the customers, what they do after that is their problem. You dont need a pimp hand this way, they need to work off their days cost before they earn. This is a much better way to do things too for your books too, because a lot of it can be cash. It will be a lot less to manage too.

- Dont even consider paying salaries or taking a percentage of what they earn. Stay away from that if you can IMO. I know you think you will make more money, but it costs you more and you need to manage them. The more time you spend managing them, the less time you spend growing the thing. Charge for the room by the hour instead, or in blocks of hours. This way, what she does in there is her business only, all you are doing is providing an internet connection and webcam. Just like strippers, they will come back when they know what they can make, and just like strippers they are going to know they have to work or they wont cover what they are paying to work there.

- You keep your earnings consistent, and what you want are full rooms only. Thats what you focus on, filling the rooms. After that, its up to the women in there to do their thing, you are getting paid no matter what.

- As your own site starts to grow, take a percentage off it just like the current traffic generators would. So you would have your rooms, and you would have your site.

Adult webcam studio 101

That is not a bad idea at all.

Managing employees is always a hassle. That is the one aspect of this project that I was really not too excited about, having to manage a dozen or so latina cunts. JoeHoya touched on the subject a bit. These employees are by nature lazy and flaky.

Paying a salary or commission not the best option. But renting them the space? Brilliant idea! That does away with a lot of managerial issues. Me like.

That is why I started this thread, gentlemen. There is power in collective consciousness.

Thx Harry

Adult webcam studio 101

Traffic generator. That is a good way to describe the websites. I have had some trouble explaining this aspect of the business.

The websites are where the betas can go to look at models, chat with them and hopefully get horny enough to go into private chat (where they pay 3-5USD/minute).

Some of the more popular ones are MyFreeCams, LiveJasmine or Streammate. There are a bunch.

The websites usually don't have their own models. Their focus is on bringing traffic to their website. Often times they will have an affiliate marketing program where they pay others to drive traffic to them.

Basically the website finds the buyer and presents the buyer with a catalog of models. Traffic generators.

The “traffic” is browsing the website and looking at the models who are currently available.

Those models are all over the world, streaming live vid from a studio or from their home.

The studios and their models are creating the content which the website then sells to their client (the traffic).

If a client “takes them private” that means that he begins paying an ungodly amount each minute to watch the model do whatever it is she's gonna do.

So for example, if a client is “private” with a girl for ten minutes and she charges 3 bucks/min then 30 bucks is deducted from the client's account. That 30 bucks is then split between the website (for the traffic) and the model (or the studio if she works for one).

Adult webcam studio 101

Maddog, ever thought about attacking this market on a different angle than the typical way? there seems to be an abundance of low quality cam streams and girls that the market has to be craving for something better. I feel this market hasn't evolved at all, it's the same low quality webcam that I've seen years ago.

If I were to do this, this is what I'll do:

Invest in the best internet connection I could find, perhaps T1? or if possible T3. This is doable in the west, not sure if this is available in Peru. Offer something no one else does. HD chat.