rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Weirdest Lifestyle Problem EVER: I Don't Watch Enough TV!

Everyone around me keeps talking about these new shows like The Wire, Breaking Bad, It's Always Sunny In Philedelphia.

Apparently there's this huge new thing where a lot of TV shows are actually good now. I haven't seen any of these shows, so I wouldn't know first hand, but this seems to be what most smart people talk about when it comes to culture these days.

I stopped watching TV in like 2001 and missed the boat with all these series'. Now it seems like I have a hard time relating to the kind of people I want to hang out with, because they all watch these shows.

I don't know shit about them either. Do any of these people know about the shit you can read here? Who's more interesting you or them?
When they start talking about a show start telling a story you've read here or some life experience if they only care about the shows get a better crew.

Quote: (08-04-2012 10:00 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

I don't know shit about them either. Do any of these people know about the shit you can read here? Who's more interesting you or them?
When they start talking about a show start telling a story you've read here or some life experience if they only care about the shows get a better crew.

what

Quote: (08-04-2012 10:08 PM)Andy_B Wrote:  

what
Huh

Quote: (08-04-2012 10:11 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

what
Huh

[Image: banana.gif]

Dude, watch breaking bad. Seriously download it right now. You can learn a lot about mackdom from the show.
Get a one-month netflix tryout and don't show up to work for a few days.

Quote: (08-04-2012 10:16 PM)Andy_B Wrote:  

Quote: (08-04-2012 10:11 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

[quote] (08-04-2012 10:08 PM)Andy_B Wrote:  

(08-05-2012, 03:00 AM)el mechanico Wrote:  I don't know shit about them either. Do any of these people know about the shit you can read here? Who's more interesting you or them?

what
Huh

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

I concur with the mechanic. I've stopped watching tv myself. Spent most of my time online. I watched a lot of tv growing up and I think it's now time for action. I've secured my bases enough. The only things I feel I need to watch are informative, that will help me with my travels.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

I spend a lot of my time in this place. I'm either directly on the forum, or on some other site looking for shit related to the forum. I'm still assessing whether that's having a net positive or negative effect. I'm sure it's cost me bangs, but it's probably helped me secure bangs too. The other question is whether, in real life, it's making a more interesting human being, more stale, more bitter, more fuck-it.

Hard to say, overall. [Image: icon_question.gif]

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Quote: (08-04-2012 10:38 PM)Hades Wrote:  

Dude, watch breaking bad. Seriously download it right now. You can learn a lot about mackdom from the show.
Get a one-month netflix tryout and don't show up to work for a few days.

Breaking Bad is the business.

Quote: (08-04-2012 11:28 PM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

I spend a lot of my time in this place. I'm either directly on the forum, or on some other site looking for shit related to the forum. I'm still assessing whether that's having a net positive or negative effect. I'm sure it's cost me bangs, but it's probably helped me secure bangs too. The other question is whether, in real life, it's making a more interesting human being, more stale, more bitter, more fuck-it.

Hard to say, overall. [Image: icon_question.gif]
I would say way more interesting and Tuthmosis you could probably travel half way across the world and have people wanting to take you where the ass is. You're not going to get that kind of global cred watching the Jersey shore.

This shit on here is way more interesting and funny than TV or Facebook.
I tell girls funny shit I read here all the time even on the phone a few minutes ago a convo was going stale while I was reading a Kamaki post about how it's ok to go to an island because the Brits aren't anymore I was telling the girl about their rep worldwide she was dying.

what

He's saying that if you hang around people who have nothing better to do than talk about than the latest tv shows, then you're hanging out with the wrong people.

Real life experiences will always be more interesting than anything than anything on tv.

*cue laughter from soundboard*

Watching TV is a good way to keep yourself from trying to do anything substantive.

Hey, first post, I have been lurking for a while and decided to join. I have respect for you guys.

Anyways, relating to the thread, if you have trouble getting closer to people easily this article should be helpful

http://www.girlschase.com/content/secret...-deep-dive

Helped me a lot in developing my rapport game.

I don't watch TV because it makes me lazy, but thats just me.

Agree with what most of the guys have wrote here. You don't need to watch any TV. Hell the news isn't even good because it feeds you bad information left and right. Regardless of age, turn off the TV, avoid the movie theatre, and get off the internet unless you're getting legit information out of it. Life is wayyyyy too short to spend that time fiddling around with "breaking bad". Seriously, i don't even know what that is. If it affects your work, control the frame and talk about more interesting topics. Best part about that is you must be interesting.

There is a real world out there, your life should be more interesting than all those sitcoms

I download series and watch them in bed. Otherwise, I don't really watch much tv.

I don't watch much tv. I would rather spend that time improving myself, approaching girls, dating girls, working out, cooking, or studying game. Reality is the most entertaining thing in my life.

When its time to rest, I might watch a little sports or comedy.

some other site looking for shit related to the forum.

What other sites do you like?

Every guy should have at least 3 things he's really good at, just because it's awesome to be really good at something. Whether it's a musical instrument, a language, a craft like cooking or carpentry or working on cars, or just being incredibly well read. You don't do these things to get chicks, you do them because these are things that give life meaning and significance.

When you're good at several (or many) things, you don't have the time or the inclination for T.V. I haven't owned one in 10 years. On a fairly frequent basis, when I bring bitches back to my place, they trip when they realize there's no TV anywhere. So I put on some tunes and open a bottle of wine instead and it works just fine.

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

Quote: (08-05-2012 12:24 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  

I don't watch much tv. I would rather spend that time improving myself, approaching girls, dating girls, working out, cooking, or studying game. Reality is the most entertaining thing in my life.

When its time to rest, I might watch a little sports or comedy.

some other site looking for shit related to the forum.

What other sites do you like?

I'm slightly different, I consider studying game to be quite an unproductive exercise, I'm not a denialist, but would rather watch the latest episode of breaking bad than studying what Brazilian women really really want.

Quote: (08-05-2012 01:57 PM)lotharius Wrote:  

I consider studying game to be quite an unproductive exercise, I'm not a denialist, but would rather watch the latest episode of breaking bad than studying what Brazilian women really really want.

When I say "study game", I mean all aspects of game and most importantly, the parts of it that I need to improve in.

I don't mean research what girls want. I know what girls want. They want to have fun!

What would rather do?

Watch tv or learn new exercises to build your body?

Watch tv or learn how to cook your favorite muscle building meal?

Watch tv or continue to strenghen my mentality?

Watch tv or go to the grocery store an buy all your fresh fruits and vegetables for the week?

http://www.lunardis.com/PDF/LMPg1v1.pdf

Watch tv or upgrade your fashion game?

http://www.perryellis.com/

Don't get me wrong, I do watch a little tv sometimes, but, I think for a man trying to improve himself, there are usually better things to do.

Unless youre some kind of monster who is in productivity mode 24/7 (who tf does that??) then it cant hurt to watch some awesome shows.
Im gonna get my breaking bad fix right now since i was busy all day hustling and making money. And now its time to wind down, puff some sticky icky and watch my favourite show. Everything in moderation.

Quote: (08-04-2012 09:38 PM)Andy_B Wrote:  

Everyone around me keeps talking about these new shows like The Wire, Breaking Bad, It's Always Sunny In Philedelphia.

Apparently there's this huge new thing where a lot of TV shows are actually good now. I haven't seen any of these shows, so I wouldn't know first hand, but this seems to be what most smart people talk about when it comes to culture these days.

I stopped watching TV in like 2001 and missed the boat with all these series'. Now it seems like I have a hard time relating to the kind of people I want to hang out with, because they all watch these shows.

Funny, I get these sane thoughts. I've never been a big tv watcher but now all these people who are pretty intelligent keep telling me about all these amazing shows. One buddy of mine can't stop raving about Boardwalk Empire. And everyone keeps talk about Madmen. A few years ago a friend kept pushing me to watch Lost. So I rented the first few episodes and was instantly hooked, sometimes watching 5 episodes back to back in a day.

I wanna check out some more of these shows but it is a major time investment and that is time I could be doing something productive.

There are really only a handful of shows that are worth watching, and they are really worth watching. It is art. 99% of TV is garbage and we all know that, but there is really some truly artistic shit on TV.

The Wire
Madmen
Breaking Bad

Really, thats all you need to have watched in the last ten years.

You can watch every single episode of these shows and still watch 90% less TV than everyone else.

Its high quality and you can really learn a lot, plus be entertained and wowed. And with the Wire especially, you can learn something about a topic that makes you more of a human.

Been watching Breaking Bad because I've been sick.

It's ok. But you are not really missing out. Don't waste your productive time on that shit. Watch stuff when you are sick or on a plane/bus.

You start to realize in time that deviating from whats the "norm" actually puts you ahead. I suffer from the same problem in that I don't indulge in time wasting things such as FB chat and TV. Even Twitter I am not on or anything. This kills my random talking points when with women and shit but I just get them to explain what its about then flip it on them or relay into a story. I am not a movie fan either the only use of a TV for me is to watch Football and that is only 6 months a year with the Internet doing a okay job of filling that gap.

Your not missing out on anything per se, it just feels like your outta the loop. I will probably pick up Breaking Bad one day but for me my time runs short and I get get behind. It was like this with Mad Men when I did not miss any episodes for the first while then I faded and got to behind to care anymore.

Its much better to watch TV that you learn something from. I'll sit down for a Documentary, Travel, History show, even cooking if the recipe looks good. I need to get something in return from what I take in, entertainment is not enough.

Music is good way to bypass this issue of not giving a fuck about mass consumed things. I have a deep and varied taste in music but people don't want to listen to the new trends or emerging artists that will blow up in due time. Turn on the crap they want to hear and talk about that. They know little about that song/artist so deep knowledge isn't necessary you just have to know the songs that are popular.