rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Dark Knight Rises (SPOILERS)

So I just saw the movie last night, and I must say I was disappointed. It was basically the same story as the others:

1. Really bad guy emerges on the scene.
2. Batman has to face problems defeating him along with his own psychological demons.
3. Batman steps up to the plate.
4. Batman wins.

I was touched when I thought Batman died at the end, but no, he had to survive. No good guy died. I feel like Hollywood stories are now being shaped by money, to leave openings for sequels or what not.

The only thing I didn't quite buy was how Batman gets smashed by Bane, does some pushups and chinups in a jail, and then kicks his ass.

Also can't that rope be used to lift guys out of the jail? It's obviously tied up at the top of the well. Whatever.

Catwoman was such a cunt. I hated her. The French girl though... [Image: tard.gif]

2/10 never watching a Hollywood movie again.

[Image: boring.gif]

Here's a good article on the plot holes:

http://movieline.com/2012/07/23/dark-kni...-problems/

Reminded me... why is Alfred crying in every scene?

Quote: (08-04-2012 11:46 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

So I just saw the movie last night, and I must say I was disappointed. It was basically the same story as the others:

1. Really bad guy emerges on the scene.
2. Batman has to face problems defeating him along with his own psychological demons.
3. Batman steps up to the plate.
4. Batman wins.

I was touched when I thought Batman died at the end, but no, he had to survive. No good guy died. I feel like Hollywood stories are now being shaped by money, to leave openings for sequels or what not.

The only thing I didn't quite buy was how Batman gets smashed by Bane, does some pushups and chinups in a jail, and then kicks his ass.

Also can't that rope be used to lift guys out of the jail? It's obviously tied up at the top of the well. Whatever.

Catwoman was such a cunt. I hated her. The French girl though... [Image: tard.gif]

2/10 never watching a Hollywood movie again.

[Image: boring.gif]

Yeah, I thought the second one (The Dark Knight) featuring the Joker was better.

I saw the midnight showing.
I thought the movie was fine. Not the absolute best story line..but I thought it was executed well. Even if it didn't follow the comics(Which I know nothing about until people try to tell me)

I was just happy the joker didn't come in shooting when I was there

I am the cock carousel

Yeah I didnt like how Catwoman was a total fucking asshole and he still ends up helping her and dating her (LTR) in the end.

I would have like Batman to die in this one because it just would of been Epic to happen. But in general I hate when some movies have Main characters die at the end for no good reason (No Country For Old Men and The Grey) versus movies that do it well (Gladiator, Saving Private Ryan, Road to Perdition)

Quote: (08-04-2012 11:54 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

Low T levels

To be honest, it is quite a usual thing to always want the tragic ending and somehow thinking that would be better. Just saying/devil's advocate. However, I do agree I wish it would have been a bit darker of a movie-but I also thought that about The Dark Knight (Two Face could have looked a LOT scarier/gruesome) and that would take away sales (non pg13). I was thinking before hand, at least....of the following 4 (gordon, selina, fox, and alfred) that at least 3 of em die but none of em did. Oh well. Was nice seeing Alfred having more of a role in this one, just me though.

As far as Bane, I was somewhat unhappy to see him go out the way he did as well. His character is supposed to be smart as hell like Bruce, but they didn't really delve into that aspect as much and just made him a hulk basically. Also, if any of you saw the IMAX preview-Banes voice was MUCH better/badass in that one compared to the actual movie. In the actual movie, it was almost like watching a chinese dubbed movie. Completely different voice and less badass for the plane hijack scene.

Still a good movie, but again nothing close to the energy of the dark knight and the pathos of Begins. The soundtrack (Hans Zimmer is a boss by the way) of the Dark Knight is just amazing, and after seeing Rises I immediately thought of the interrogation scene in Knight and the beginning robbery scene. Rises doesnt go nearly in depth with the villains, which is understandable due to the heaths acting and how iconic his character as well as role were (probably wanted to avoid). Plus I love watching Begins because it almost can be translated to game, plus it says MUCH more about society with social/political commentary-plus the first time you see Scarecrow is trippy as f***. Imagine being gassed with a psychotropic hallucinogen like that, I would freak the f***! out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZQTsy3pPwo

I still liked Rises though, but nothing trumped the Dark Knight.

Quote: (08-04-2012 12:04 PM)UgSlayer Wrote:  

Low T levels

Here's a solid response to most of those criticisms.

I saw the Dark Knight Rises on Wednesday, and I give it 9.9/10. Every last installation of this trilogy was top notch.
Yeah, Roosh, you're right about the formula in this one being the same as the others. I think most knew it was going to be similar (good guy challenged by very bad guy, bad guy gains edge, good guys finds a way to overcome, etc). That isn't the big issue, though. You can't expect much more from a superhero movie (or most movies/tv shows, for that matter).

The key factor here is the way in which those different steps (which we all know will be present) are portrayed and weaved together and then presented to us. That is where great films like these make their mark, and I really think they did a fantastic job. This was Hollywood at its finest. The acting was great, the characters were badass, the effects were spectacular, the equipment/action was sweet, and the storyline was pretty cool too, with enough twists and turns to keep you guessing.

And no hate here bro, but seriously: why would it bother you so much that Batman managed to survive? You're saying you'd have been more touched if more good guys died? Why?

That's a pretty dark viewpoint, dude. What's wrong with a (somewhat) happy ending to a remarkable trilogy? How would more deaths make the series better? I don't think there could have been a better ending to this one, really. It wrapped up all the plot points and all of the trilogy's underlying messages (ex: Bruce's desire to leave Batman as an "everyman" type of superhero or someone anyone can be) very well and still left folks feeling pretty good about how the main guy ended up (even though he's broke, lost the mansion, etc). Batman was redeemed in Gotham's eyes, Robin was born, and even Alfred got a happy ending. What's not to love?

And what's so bad about the open ends as a source for potential sequels? These are some of the best action movies that have ever been made, and this is arguably the best superhero franchise we've ever seen. The open ends tell us that the folks responsible for this may just be able (and very willing) to bring us more, and may in fact be completely intent on doing so.
I don't know about you, but that possibility makes me very happy. I want more.

They can angle for as much money as they want-hell, they can have mine. So long as they're bringing out quality like this, they'll have earned it.

Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know thy enemy but not yourself, wallow in defeat every time.

I always thought that Batman Begins was the best of the trilogy. I thought that it had the best backstory, while the dark night and dark knight rises were structurally basically the same.

Quote: (08-04-2012 01:49 PM)Athlone McGinnis Wrote:  

Here's a solid response to most of those criticisms.

I saw the Dark Knight Rises on Wednesday, and I give it 9.9/10. Every last installation of this trilogy was top notch.
Yeah, Roosh, you're right about the formula in this one being the same as the others. I think most knew it was going to be similar (good guy challenged by very bad guy, bad guy gains edge, good guys finds a way to overcome, etc). That isn't the big issue, though. You can't expect much more from a superhero movie (or most movies/tv shows, for that matter).

The key factor here is the way in which those different steps (which we all know will be present) are portrayed and weaved together and then presented to us. That is where great films like these make their mark, and I really think they did a fantastic job. This was Hollywood at its finest. The acting was great, the characters were badass, the effects were spectacular, the equipment/action was sweet, and the storyline was pretty cool too, with enough twists and turns to keep you guessing.

And no hate here bro, but seriously: why would it bother you so much that Batman managed to survive? You're saying you'd have been more touched if more good guys died? Why?

That's a pretty dark viewpoint, dude. What's wrong with a (somewhat) happy ending to a remarkable trilogy? How would more deaths make the series better? I don't think there could have been a better ending to this one, really. It wrapped up all the plot points and all of the trilogy's underlying messages (ex: Bruce's desire to leave Batman as an "everyman" type of superhero or someone anyone can be) very well and still left folks feeling pretty good about how the main guy ended up (even though he's broke, lost the mansion, etc). Batman was redeemed in Gotham's eyes, Robin was born, and even Alfred got a happy ending. What's not to love?

And what's so bad about the open ends as a source for potential sequels? These are some of the best action movies that have ever been made, and this is arguably the best superhero franchise we've ever seen. The open ends tell us that the folks responsible for this may just be able (and very willing) to bring us more, and may in fact be completely intent on doing so.
I don't know about you, but that possibility makes me very happy. I want more.

They can angle for as much money as they want-hell, they can have mine. So long as they're bringing out quality like this, they'll have earned it.

+1...you're always gonna find holes in a movie if you're intent on finding them...following a formula, good guy faces adversity only to overcome is what comics are all about...pure entertainment value is what these movies are about...it succeeded on all fronts for me...you can't beat Ledgers Joker, may go down as one of the best acting jobs of all time but story wise I thought this film was actually a little better...didn't have time to flesh it out like they would've liked I'm sure, really would've liked to see more of what Bane is all about but time constraints makes it impossible but it was well acted all around, and I can say I didn't lose interest thru it...try saying that with the last transformers...compare the 2 and you'll see the difference between a good entertainment flick and one that jumped the shark...can't compare it to a different genre it's unfair

I liked the movie really well overall. However it was very long and I would not have complained if they decided to split it into 2 movies, and released the final version in 2014 or something.

Also had no idea why all the theatergoers said Catwoman was hot. She was a miserable, conniving bitch. Counting on her was a bad move on Batman's part. Even though Marion Cotillard was a backstabber and in her 30s she was still hotter.

Good acting is probably the only redeeming thing about most Hollywood movies.

I watch them to veg out, by I take offense when they are wrongfully pedestalized as great works of art.

In the comics Bane "broke the Bat". He literally fractured his spine, and a different character became Batman while the original healed. They took that storyline and condensed it to make it chick friendly with Cat Woman redeeming herself and saving the day. And let's not forget the merchandizing opportunities with little girls, and aduly whore being Cat Woman for Halloween. And it could be a jumping off point for a "Robin" type character.

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine

Quote: (08-04-2012 04:08 PM)Hades Wrote:  

Also had no idea why all the theatergoers said Catwoman was hot. She was a miserable, conniving bitch. Counting on her was a bad move on Batman's part. Even though Marion Cotillard was a backstabber and in her 30s she was still hotter.

I'm not even gonna front and pretend I'm not one of those theatergoers. I'd always thought Ann Hathaway was a pretty girl-not model hot or anything like that, but obviously very attractive.

Her appearance as Catwoman was really the first time I genuinely found her to go beyond that. Marion Cotillard was hot too, but Hathaway stole the show IMO.

And I completely agree with you and Roosh in concluding that Catwoman was a conniving, cunty, untrustworthy bitch for most of the film (really until the very end when she finally comes through and puts her inner bitch aside for once). I'm just saying that she looked damn good while being all those things.

Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know thy enemy but not yourself, wallow in defeat every time.

I think Bruce Wayne comes off as a beta guy here, pining over his last girlfriend and trusting the new women in his life too much.

Batman is supposed to be the smartest hero. Yet, he gets dupe and controlled by women throughout this movie.

I don't buy it. Also, Michelle Pfieffer was hotter and had a better costume.

In my opinion Avengers>Dark Knight Rises. But Batman is still a compelling hero. The vid below explains why.

I agree that Anne Hathaway was much hotter than Marion Cotillard in the film. I had an argument the other day with a few of my friends about it. I basically have a skinny girl fetish, so Anne Hathaway was the obvious choice for me (especially since she's younger). We weren't talking about attitude anyhow, and Marion Cotillard turned out to be a backstabbing Iago-esque bitch besides.

I didn't understand what they were trying to go for with Catwoman, but at least she was a more compelling character than the Black Widow from the Avengers. Seriously, Black Widow was about as useful as Captain America in a gunfight. The film could have had just the Hulk, Iron Man, and maybe Thor and it would have been the same film.

“I have a very simple rule when it comes to management: hire the best people from your competitors, pay them more than they were earning, and give them bonuses and incentives based on their performance. That’s how you build a first-class operation.”
― Donald J. Trump

If you want some PDF's on bodyweight exercise with little to no equipment, send me a PM and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

I thought it sucked. Batman Begins A+ Dark Knight A+ Dark Knight Rises C-

So the baddest guy on the planet (Bane) looks like he does bench on Mondays and Fridays and wears a popped collar.

Cat girl, sucked as a character and brought zero to the story (or believable presence).

The batjet looked like a fucking beetle.

The story dragged on forever only to reveal a plot twist where Raz Alghul's "daughter" who somehow knows Bruce Wayne's identity, where he keeps all of his weapons, and everything else, somehow doesn't know the location of this energy machine that can be turned into a bomb. And all for the purpose of destroying Gotham.

Oh and Alfred bails on him and doesn't show up until the very end after he thinks Bruce has died. Meaning he knew he went bankrupt and still didn't come back.

Shitty shitty story...

I liked it. It might not be the stuff of legends like Dark Knight (RIP Heath Ledger), but it is very good and provides a satisfactory conclusion to the tale. I would have been equally happy with the end whether he got killed or not. I particularly ike it how Bane manages to be very menacing despite not having any superpowers (unlike in the comics) or even gadgets. I enjoyed his fighting style and voice, even if it sounded strange at the start. The illogical stuff bothered me, true - such as the cops charging into guys with machine guns and tanks, or a broken spine being easily fixed by punching someone in the other direction - but it doesn't dominate the movie, so I found it easy to get over.

And I don't think it's a good idea to judge the movie based on whether its characters have game. Not only does that have nothing to do with art, but it also means you're looking in the wrong place.

Overall, this movie isn't great, but it's not bad at all either. It's also much better than similar sequels/endings that ruined their respective tales with tons of idiotic shit, like Spiderman 3, Sherlock Holmes 2 or Iron Man 2.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Also, he's obsessed with Butterface Maggie Gyllenhaul ?

Huge drop from Kim Basinger!

And, that's taking into mind that he Bruce Wayne is both rich and good looking.

Batman clearly needs to spend a little more time as "Game-Man."

I didn't like how Bruce Wayne spent the first hour learning to be Batman, only to do it all over again after his first fight with Bane. Also Bane is one of the all time lamest Batman villains, and the Talia Ghul plot twist was really predictable.

As far as movies based off comic books go, I did think it was the best one of the year (at least until that judge Dredd movie comes out)

I wish they had the Riddler and more mental psychos as villains rather than a brute like Bane

Quote: (08-04-2012 04:39 PM)Athlone McGinnis Wrote:  

Quote: (08-04-2012 04:08 PM)Hades Wrote:  

I'm not even gonna front and pretend I'm not one of those theatergoers. I'd always thought Ann Hathaway was a pretty girl-not model hot or anything like that, but obviously very attractive.

Her appearance as Catwoman was really the first time I genuinely found her to go beyond that. Marion Cotillard was hot too, but Hathaway stole the show IMO.

And I completely agree with you and Roosh in concluding that Catwoman was a conniving, cunty, untrustworthy bitch for most of the film (really until the very end when she finally comes through and puts her inner bitch aside for once). I'm just saying that she looked damn good while being all those things.

I'm sort of resentful that Catwoman actually stole the show from Marion Cotillard, to be honest. She clearly has some seductive talents, like an effeminate quality, whereas Catwoman didn't so much. If Hollywood rewarded effeminate women who don't try so hard to be tough then we'd probably have less bitchy, mannish women out there.

I sort of felt that Anne Hathaway went with the new-shtick female "strong" superheroes (like Black Widow from the Avengers) who's distinguishing characteristic is a criminal savvy. I enjoyed the skin tight neoprene suit and the flexible high kicks a lot but I'd still rather smash Talia Al Ghul. She may try to kill you in the end but she's not going to hit you with a cynical one-liner when you've finished. I like the classic femme fatale.

The cool thing about the movie is that Batman finally breaks away from his rich family. By "killing" Bruce Wayne, Batman has individuated himself and found a new life; the final repudiation of a life of excessive wealth and guilt.

In this way, Kane actually helped Batman get to a higher level. Kane won.

To "red pill" guys, it reinforces the idea that you don't have to be bound by your beta upbringing.

I'd bet that the "new" Bruce Wayne is out banging chicks left and right, now that he's been relieved of some social responsibility.

Definite flaws...

such a shame because the good bits were so good.

My issues with it:

-they needed to drop the "rhas al gul" shit, its so weak. The villain in the first film sucked, the villain in the 2nd was awesome (joker), so dont then tie it all back to the weak shit from the first film.

-and the girl being the child and Bane her protector... sucked soooo much. Shoulda just been Bane, the psycho who rose from the pit and that's that. they didnt NEED a "twist" at the end, which didnt even add anything.

-Bane was so cool and awesome right up until the end where yeah, suddenly he now cant fight, and then they just sub in this girl to be the main villain for the last 10 minutes. After the whole movie building up Bane and his background??? WHY???