rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

83 million facebook accounts are fake
3 million facebook accounts are fake
The whole reason why facebook's stock is tanking?

The millions of people it claims to have gathered... are largely fake. 83 million accounts are for pets, not real people, or sending spam.

And advertisers aren't willing to pay to place their ads in front of pets.

Wonder if this means a big purge is coming, or it will become harder to set up fake accounts.

Or maybe just everyone just moves over to instagram. Which unfortunately, facebook has already bought.

"Alpha children wear grey. They work much harder than we do, because they're so frightfully clever. I'm awfully glad I'm a Beta, because I don't work so hard. And then we are much better than the Gammas and Deltas. Gammas are stupid. They all wear green, and Delta children wear khaki. Oh no, I don't want to play with Delta children. And Epsilons are still worse. They're too stupid to be able to read or write. Besides they wear black, which is such a beastly color. I'm so glad I'm a Beta."
--Aldous Huxley, Brave New World
Still, it's just 10% of total number or so. I don't think that's as high as in case of Myspace or others, but you may be right that a trend is starting here.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before
Facebook's other issue is just plain demographics. They've got just under a billion users and they can probably add a billion more, but they're going to hit a ceiling. That's not terrible, but the market really rewards growth potential these days, especially in tech. At some point, FB simply won't be a growth company any more.

You've got companies like Google and Apple sitting on $5 billion and $100 billion in cash respectively. Apple gave a big one-time dividend, but these companies don't want to start paying dividends regularly, because it's an admission that they don't have anything new and profitable to invest that money in.
that number is much lower than the truth. Im sure atleast 30% of facebook accounts are fake. I have 3 fake accounts myself. 1 for gaming, 1 for groups, 1 to female network.

Im sure if they ran a last logged in script the number would be ugly.
Even if half of facebook's accounts are fake, I'd still bet that it's the world's largest social networking site. Interesting thoughts though regarding advertising, tanking stocks, etc.

Any RVFers been shorting facebook stock?

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:05 PM)jariel Wrote:  
Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.