rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How Difficult Would It Be to Compete in the Olympics?

I just read this article about all of the debauchery that goes on at the Olympic village and it got me thinking about how to get a piece of that action in 2016.

http://espn.go.com/olympics/summer/2012/...n-magazine

Just how hard would it be to compete in the Olympics? 4 years is enough time to become a citizen of a less competative country and train for that event. If you move to a country that doesn't have a lot of competition for a sport you're good at then you might have a chance at competing.

Which country would you play for and which sport would you play?

Quote: (08-01-2012 12:09 PM)Safado Wrote:  

I just read this article about all of the debauchery that goes on at the Olympic village and it got me thinking about how to get a piece of that action in 2016.

http://espn.go.com/olympics/summer/2012/...n-magazine

Just how hard would it be to compete in the Olympics? 4 years is enough time to become a citizen of a less competative country and train for that event. If you move to a country that doesn't have a lot of competition for a sport you're good at then you might have a chance at competing.

Which country would you play for and which sport would you play?

Might be some spots on the Iraqi curling team.

Even if this were possible, why would you spend four years of your life doing this just for access to the Olympic Village? You could spend four years starting a business or building a career, or four years working on your physique, or fours years practicing your game, or four years doing all three and you'd end up with just as much, if not more, trim than you would have going to the Olympics.

I could see doing this just for the experience of being an Olympian, but not just for girls.

The Cost of Raising a Summer Olympian
http://shine.yahoo.com/team-mom/cost-rai...00445.html

Go to a country who love sports, but you researched extensively and know that they blow at sports and spend some time there. I heard if you are a athlete that (good one) that you will get your citizenship in a year or so. I support J R's response no reason to spend 4 years of your life just to fuck some chicks you will never see again, but at the same time banging hope solo would be nice...

http://distilleryimage0.s3.amazonaws.com...90e0_7.jpg

If it's a life goal to become an Olympian, you could probably be a competitive powerlifter in four years.
Possibly a gymnast. If you really bust your nuts you could be a gymnast.

Still though guys, why not give it a shot? If you have money you can take time off work and train. Your physique will take one year, skill training will take an easy three. Even if you don't make the cut as a pro if you're one of three fencers in Trinidad and Tobago you're guaranteed a spot as an alternate.

Quote: (08-01-2012 09:22 PM)Hades Wrote:  

If it's a life goal to become an Olympian, you could probably be a competitive powerlifter in four years.

Still though guys, why not give it a shot? If you have money you can take time off work and train. Your physique will take one year, skill training will take an easy three. Even if you don't make the cut as a pro if you're one of three fencers in Trinidad and Tobago you're guaranteed a spot as an alternate.

Are you kidding me? There is no chance you can be a competitive powerlifter in 4 years? Not even close. Its going to take a lot longer than that.

And powerlifting isn't even an Olympic sport lol.

Perfect diet. Loads of money on top trainers. Elite genetics to start with. A lot of drugs and a supreme knowledge of cycling on and off them and avoiding detection. Hours and hours of training. Not being too old to start with. Knowing the right people.

Seems realistic.

I think the best chance at becoming an Olympian would be a sport with minimal athleticism and a small field to compete against. Sailing seems ideal because it is a sport with a huge barrier to entry(a boat),thus there will be fewer people to compete against.I don't think that basketball/soccer/ weightlifting are good choices because they require lots of athleticism and the fact that they are accessible to the point that anyone anywhere can play the sport.

I don't think sailing has a huge barrier to entry - the boat is usually Laser-class, i.e. quite small and not a large expensive sailboat that you see in Ocean Volvo race or the like. The sport itself can be very skill-intensive too, given how complicated all the equipment and its interaction with wind/currents can be. But if someone did it, I would be pleasantly surprised.

It would definitely have to be an individual sport as opposed to a team one, though.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

this thread is hysterical. i thought it had to be pure troll.

take 1/1000th the time energy and money required to become an elite olympic athlete and go approach girls instead.

and you'll be way ahead at the end of the four years.

jeepers

Quote: (08-02-2012 02:05 AM)Maximus Wrote:  

Are you kidding me? There is no chance you can be a competitive powerlifter in 4 years? Not even close. Its going to take a lot longer than that.
I agree with you and can't agree that becoming an Olympic gymnast is easy either.I am friends with some dudes that competed and won the Gold couple of times at Youth Tramplin World Cups and while they didn't eat,sleep and breath Gymnastics,they started at a quite young age.So if you start at 6 and train 2-5 hours whatever,you'll rack up your thousands of hours needed a lot earlier than somebody who starts at 24 and trains 12 hours a day.
From what I've heard female art gymnastics,wrestling and weightlifting aren't so competitive,but for the first you need to be a woman and for the latter 2,you need a specific type of physique and again an early start.
Without having the foundation,if you just want to make it there to bang girls,try to get connected with the right people instead.That would be a lot easier.

Quote: (08-01-2012 07:51 PM)HusseinsVoice Wrote:  

Go to a country who love sports, but you researched extensively and know that they blow at sports and spend some time there. I heard if you are a athlete that (good one) that you will get your citizenship in a year or so. I support J R's response no reason to spend 4 years of your life just to fuck some chicks you will never see again, but at the same time banging hope solo would be nice...

Yeah, I'm with most. There are a whole bunch of things I can think of that deserve 4 years of hard core dedication than just a chance to bang some foreign hotties.

There does seem to be an assload of sex going on in the Olympic Village though 150,000 condoms for 10,500 athletes.

I just might consider it though for a chance to let Leryn Franco play with my javelin.

[Image: leryn-franco.html]

there is no try. only do and do not.

I think some countries just like to send athletes that have NO CHANCE at winning just to have representation. I was just checking the results of the 50m swimming event pre-lims (the race that designates the fastest swimmer) and the last place finisher was 8 SECONDS behind the top finishers.

I mean for a 50 meter swim....surely one can get training to be 8 seconds behind.,,,and you have to know that the top finishers were not even going all out. They were just trying to qualify for the next round.

There might be a few of us on the forum that qualify for the Special Olympics.

Quote: (08-02-2012 08:43 AM)reaper23 Wrote:  

take 1/1000th the time energy and money required to become an elite olympic athlete and go approach girls instead.

This.

Thread over.

Quote: (08-02-2012 09:58 AM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

There might be a few of us on the forum that qualify for the Special Olympics.

And even more that qualify for the Player Olympics.

I can't have sex with your personality, and I can't put my penis in your college degree, and I can't shove my fist in your childhood dreams, so why are you sharing all this information with me?

Quote: (08-02-2012 10:09 AM)Vicious Wrote:  

Quote: (08-02-2012 08:43 AM)reaper23 Wrote:  

This.

Thread over.

[Image: attachment.jpg7056]   

I think the naysayers are underestimating how much pussy you could get from having olympic experience. You are basically given a huge plus to any girls who like sports or are patriotic, also just from having that kind of big ambition and drive you are improving your standing with girls. It's not like you'd have to abandon your entire life to make the team and if you pick one of the sports which are pretty sexy to girls you could probably improve your results while training. Try judo, wrestling, or boxing if you're young, even if you fail you'll be more of a man for having trained them. Try sailing, handball, or fencing if your middle aged. Try coaching if your older.

You could also look at becoming an official on your country's Olympic committee. Don't know whether they stay at the Olympic Village. Probably stay at hotels. Also, they tend to be older and very well-connected, so don't know if this is feasible.

Do you really think the numbers and talent in the Village make it worth the effort? There are some hot sportswomen for sure, but I wouldn't say the average is all that great. And I'm pretty sure most countries send far more male than female athletes.

On the other hand definitely lots of bi women in competitive sports. So if that's your thing.....

Ridiculous thread indeed. However, swimming might be a chance if you come from a small country with close to zero competitive swimmers. Though, you have to fulfil minimum time requirements. I don't know how tough they are but also this time there were some swimmers from countries like Usbekistan...

It's possible to put on 30 pounds of lean muscle mass (irrelevant of fatty mass) in 12 to 14 weeks. This requires a trainer who knows exactly what he's doing. Picture related.
She has only been lifting for 2 years and made the team.
I apologize in advance for posting this on the roosh forums.
[Image: Screen-shot-2012-07-15-at-11.36.41-AM.png]

Whoever said powerlifting is not an olympic sport, my mistake, googled it and found out I confused olympic lifting with powerlifting.

Naysayers, you guys need to light a fire under your asses. If you're content with never aspiring towards something great it will never happen. Trying to make some kind of olympic team is doing something great. The energy involved would be a minimum of 2-4 hours per day, with few off days, but I think you could feasibly train to be an Olympic level athlete on the cheap.

Kitsune, true that. You need very good genetics, smart training, and a solid diet. Having a sort of athletic grace and thousands of hours to spread your practice over helps a lot too. Some people are naturally talented towards things, these people have a higher "athletic greatness" threshold than others.

Aliblahba, definitely these guys are boner kills.

Being a gymnast or powerlifter in 4 years is doable. The bodybuilding aspect of gymnastics, believe it or not, takes relatively little time since the average gymnast has low body fat (in the 5-8% range) and roughly 150 pounds of lean muscle mass. Ergo you aren't going to be spending years piling on slabs of muscle. You're going to spend years teaching your muscles strength. Powerlifting would be harder but you could qualify for Olympic tryouts in 4 years no problem. If you're that strong and lean though you could always try rowing.

As far as all the fucking that goes on in the olympics, you can be sure that this Holly Mangold won't be getting any. She's 340 pounds of attitude.

And why would you guys think it's not worth it? You can work a part-time job and still train for the Olympics. You'd be scoring tons of lays for being jacked and ripped. The fame of being an Olympian would actually improve, not detract from, your game. Even if you never made the team, a lot of women would bang an Olympic hopeful just to tell their friends how it was.

Seriously guys, if somebody on the Roosh forum said they were training to be an Olympian, I'd be the first one to cheer the shit out of them. I would like to myself but I've already got enough projects.

Quote: (08-02-2012 08:06 PM)Hades Wrote:  

It's possible to put on 30 pounds of lean muscle mass (irrelevant of fatty mass) in 12 to 14 weeks. This requires a trainer who knows exactly what he's doing. Picture related.
She has only been lifting for 2 years and made the team.
I apologize in advance for posting this on the roosh forums.
[Image: Screen-shot-2012-07-15-at-11.36.41-AM.png]

Whoever said powerlifting is not an olympic sport, my mistake, googled it and found out I confused olympic lifting with powerlifting.

Naysayers, you guys need to light a fire under your asses. If you're content with never aspiring towards something great it will never happen. Trying to make some kind of olympic team is doing something great. The energy involved would be a minimum of 2-4 hours per day, with few off days, but I think you could feasibly train to be an Olympic level athlete on the cheap.

Kitsune, true that. You need very good genetics, smart training, and a solid diet. Having a sort of athletic grace and thousands of hours to spread your practice over helps a lot too. Some people are naturally talented towards things, these people have a higher "athletic greatness" threshold than others.

Aliblahba, definitely these guys are boner kills.

Being a gymnast or powerlifter in 4 years is doable. The bodybuilding aspect of gymnastics, believe it or not, takes relatively little time since the average gymnast has low body fat (in the 5-8% range) and roughly 150 pounds of lean muscle mass. Ergo you aren't going to be spending years piling on slabs of muscle. You're going to spend years teaching your muscles strength. Powerlifting would be harder but you could qualify for Olympic tryouts in 4 years no problem. If you're that strong and lean though you could always try rowing.

As far as all the fucking that goes on in the olympics, you can be sure that this Holly Mangold won't be getting any. She's 340 pounds of attitude.

And why would you guys think it's not worth it? You can work a part-time job and still train for the Olympics. You'd be scoring tons of lays for being jacked and ripped. The fame of being an Olympian would actually improve, not detract from, your game. Even if you never made the team, a lot of women would bang an Olympic hopeful just to tell their friends how it was.

Seriously guys, if somebody on the Roosh forum said they were training to be an Olympian, I'd be the first one to cheer the shit out of them. I would like to myself but I've already got enough projects.
-First off, its impossible to gain 30 lbs of lean mass in 12 weeks naturally

-It will take you years to master the technical aspects of Olympic lifting, let alone have enough strength to compete. So you can't do it on the cheap because you need coaches for that.

-Holly Mangold is a girl so the competition is less in that division. Plus she has elite genetics (Brother in the NFL). Plus she played football in high school so she has weightlifted for longer than 2 years.

-I'm pretty sure the muscle leanness part is probably the easiest part of male gymnastics. It still won't help you do a routine. You can't put someone like Allen Iverson who has ridiculous amount of lean muscle and expect him to be a gymnast in 4 years of training. You are competing against people who started gymnastics when they were like 8 years old. It's hard to compete against that experience. Plus I'm guessing the average male on this board isn't real young. Half of the US mens gymnastics team is 20 years old or under. If the average guy here is 25, in 4 years he is 29 and that way past the prime for a male gymnast.