rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Blanked! Where in the world have you struck out

There's already a few posts on what countries are easiest to get laid. Didn't find any that talk about the opposite - where you got shut out.

This could serve as a 'do not go here' list for those looking for easy women, or a list of challenging spots for seasoned players looking to prove themselves.

Here's mine:
1. Argentina - no surprise there. I batted 0 for 50 and they had to send in a pinch hitter.
2. Turkey - the guys there are the biggest cb's in the world
3. Italy - unless you count 'Italian American' girls in NY, which is no great accomplishment
4. Switzerland - didn't spend long here, but didn't develop any leads either.

This is only places where you spent at least a few days, and went out a few times trying to pick up. Doesn't count short trips for work or whatever where you didn't go out.

Quote: (07-30-2012 01:04 AM)Sabra Wrote:  

There's already a few posts on what countries are easiest to get laid. Didn't find any that talk about the opposite - where you got shut out.

This could serve as a 'do not go here' list for those looking for easy women, or a list of challenging spots for seasoned players looking to prove themselves.

Here's mine:
1. Argentina - no surprise there. I batted 0 for 50 and they had to send in a pinch hitter.
2. Turkey - the guys there are the biggest cb's in the world
3. Italy - unless you count 'Italian American' girls in NY, which is no great accomplishment
4. Switzerland - didn't spend long here, but didn't develop any leads either.

This is only places where you spent at least a few days, and went out a few times trying to pick up. Doesn't count short trips for work or whatever where you didn't go out.

Great post Sabra. This is where the real intel comes in. For me, just like you, I was shut out in Argentina and Italy. Granted my stays there were short, but i would not expect to bang more than 2 or 3 different girls a month, in those 2 countries. Shut out in Bulgaria and Romania too, but I was a poor 21 year old backpacker then.

I was in Berlin, Germany for a month, didn't go out much, but the girls didn't seem that easy to talk to. They were nice, but not friendly. But then again, most were kind of masculine and not attractive. It's also not cheap. I'd avoid Germany.

Not shut out, but last year in Las Vegas I only managed to pull 1 Germany tourist, Americans which were my prime target didn't give me half a chance. Once it was clear I was European the interaction quickly deteriorated. I have a theory that people just want what's familiar in Vegas since obviously other guys going to Vegas are getting laid.

Berlin was disappointing for me too, mainly because of lack of real PARTY places, not just people being all serious and dancing like zombies to techno. The best club was actually in West Berlin, full of posh trendy germans, away from the "Party" area that turned out to be mainly drugs and boring minimal techno.
Not cheap tho? gotta disagree. For a massive capital city in western europe, it's cheap man. Can find apartments for 400-500 euros a month, in the happening areas.

When you say "blanked", Seoul, Korea comes to mind. It's hard in clubs outside of the foreigner-loving areas. Blanked is definitely the word, lol. But, it's still doable. Korean guys dont approach, so even though you get laughed at, blanked, ignored, cockblocked... you can still pull - I did.

Germany, for sure with specifically German girls, on the contrary Berlin was not shut out but it was with Italian girl (surprise as Italy itself is also a hard place)
Agree with Turkey, in fact any Muslim country seems like a waste of time, Egypt was impossible.
Macedonia also.

Quote: (07-30-2012 03:12 AM)RichieP Wrote:  

Berlin was disappointing for me too, mainly because of lack of real PARTY places, not just people being all serious and dancing like zombies to techno. The best club was actually in West Berlin, full of posh trendy germans, away from the "Party" area that turned out to be mainly drugs and boring minimal techno.
That was indeed the worse aspect of the Berlin scene. People dancing by themselves to techno music until the morning hours. I just felt like the vibe was to just go out and enjoy yourself and not appear that you are trying too hard, or coming off needy BS. And the hipster/alternative style of the girls just goes to show they are trying to cover up their lack of femininity.

Quote: (07-30-2012 03:12 AM)RichieP Wrote:  

Not cheap tho? gotta disagree. For a massive capital city in western europe, it's cheap man. Can find apartments for 400-500 euros a month, in the happening areas.

I guess Berlin is cheap relative to cities like London and Paris. But when you hop a train right next door to Poland, it gets way cheaper.

Argentina - as is well documented on the forum.

What about simply just avoiding the club scene in Berlin? Clubs aren't the only destination. Some cities are better for bar game. Berlin is an example.

Quote: (07-30-2012 08:09 AM)fkexpat Wrote:  

What about simply just avoiding the club scene in Berlin? Clubs aren't the only destination. Some cities are better for bar game. Berlin is an example.

In general, I don't think the ease of a destination should be measured on its nightlife alone. Some places offer great results with daygame but have a horrible nightlife.

Quote: (07-30-2012 08:46 AM)Sargon of Akkad Wrote:  

Quote: (07-30-2012 08:09 AM)fkexpat Wrote:  

I'm not sure the ease of a destination should be measured on its nightlife alone. Some places offer great results with daygame but have a horrible nightlife.

I've had very bad luck in Crete, Greece. Thought I was heading to a fuck fest, ended up being a place filled with working class families instead of horny tourists.

And while I met many girls from Scandinavia and some from Russia, I just couldn't close anything. They'd be ok with humping everyone in the most sexual manner I've ever seen (including funk parties here in Brazil), and yet refused to even kiss anyone.

Budapest: I rolled solo and just could not get anywhere with my street approaches. Loved the city but was a depressing experience in terms of game.

Yup Germany sux, stay away. Chicks are ugly, unfriendly and cant flirt for shit.
This hipster bullshit is taking over and if a chick actually puts some effort into her appearance other girls will hate. In some circles its considered cool to look like absolute shit.

Coming back here after living abroad i dont even bother hitting on them anymore, i just work my ass off to make money and get out of here for good.

German women have to be among the UGLIEST in the world!

I struck out in Lima over a weekend even though I worked at it pretty hard. Then again I was staying at a hostel so my logistics were no good.

From the forum I get the impression that I'm the only guy who didn't get laid in Lima.

Again, Lima is easy if you are blonde, tall (6' 6) and have blue/green eyes.

I live in Lima and have been rolling with a guy from New York who is just white but with no other 'gringo' features (blonde, blue/green eyes, tall). We went out for 3 nights in a row and even though he has some game he failed misserably. He was complaining that girls were just so bitchy and the only ones who were responsive where the infamous 'bricheras' who would talk to him once they realized he wasn't a local. He told me next time he will wear a blonde wig. Quite the contrary, we saw a guy with natural orange hair and blue eyes who was killing it.

In my case, for most of my stay in Seoul I struck out. The only success I had (make out) was the night I went to Itaewon which is the place where locals meet with foreing people.

Denmark was a shitty experience.It was the only country I visited where I was always swearing.The oposition and the block from Danes in every step.Germany on the other hand can be quite good.(got two girls in 4 days).Germany has a huge reservoir of girls from every nationality.

Quote: (07-30-2012 02:23 PM)Vorkuta Wrote:  

Budapest: I rolled solo and just could not get anywhere with my street approaches. Loved the city but was a depressing experience in terms of game.

Wow, I had a totally different experience than you when I was last there in July '07. I smashed a student from Szeged on my second night there but it helped that I was with 2 local mates of mine, one of whom had already smashed her some months previous. That said if I rolled back in Budapest again I would probably strike out. Its just that I got lucky.

I struck out in Greece in 2000. I was only 22 then, my game was shit and I had yet to pop the cherry. The big moment came in the wee hours of 4 February 2001.

Got lucky in Cyprus 2001, smashed an Irish and English bird.
Belgium 2002. Polish-Macedonian
Bulgaria 2003-05. numerous Bulgarians and Macedonian. Was also working my way with a cute Moldovan but she bailed.
Serbia '07. Serb lady from Kraguevac.
Hungary '07. Szeged student
Russia '09. Russian and Chuvash lady
Ukraine '11. 1 Russian and 1 W. Ukraine studenkas
Belarus '12. 2 Belarussian.
Ukraine '12. 1 hotel receptionist.

Quote: (07-30-2012 03:36 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

I struck out in Lima over a weekend even though I worked at it pretty hard. Then again I was staying at a hostel so my logistics were no good.

From the forum I get the impression that I'm the only guy who didn't get laid in Lima.

Roosh, I am sure you needed the blond wig, to kill it that weekend in Lima. I am guessing your experiences in Ecuador were similar, but from all the intelligence gathered, including mine, Peru is somewhat easier for a gringo than Ecuador.

Portugal, Spain (if you count the locals only)

The only country I ever visited and didn't get laid in (I've only been to three though) was Canada. Then again I did go when I was 15, for a Boy Scout camp out...

Of places of actually spent real time in, Nicaragua was my hardest. It wasn't actually a difficult place (even though my Spanish is pretty choppy), but it has a serious shortage of hot girls. I actually got approached there quite a bit, except all the women doing so had potbellies and hairy arms.

On the flip side when I did meet hot girls, they were really approachable and very feminine.

Iceland, was there before Roosh and reading 'Bang Iceland'. Went solo, stayed in hotels near the club district, spent 2 weeks.

Approached a lot at night, suited up. Shot down left and right, very brief interactions or not interested to talking to me. Also, had a few "almost pulls" but didn't know how to seal the deal. Didn't know how to pull from clubs, didn't know how to do "after closing time" game. My (Asian immigrant) friend there did precisely what Roosh did to pull Icelandic chicks, which I thought was pathetic at the time. My friend calls it "fishing." We went "fishing" one night, but gave up at around 5 am, most of the chicks we approached were somewhat sober.

It was my time there that I realized that I need to commit more time to game. One night, after hours of getting shot down in different places, I felt exactly the same as Roosh in his story "Are You Okay?" in Bang: Iceland when he was walking home alone questioning himself. But I sat in darkness, sat at the edge of my bed, still with my nightlife suit on, for a long time...then laid back to sleep.

Things to improve next time I'm there:
-don't just focus on getting the girls in the club, I've had
opportunities to hang with a group of Icelanders. Social circle, motherfucker!
-don't stay with one girl in the club for too long, unless she's down
-get the isolation game down
-don't jump around within a venue
-don't jump around venues too much
-be more aggressive with closing the deal
-commit more time with "fishing"

p.s. I didn't "drop knowledge" for Iceland precisely for this reason. I just started lurking the forum at the time (late 2010) and didn't feel a guy who struck out there would add to the conversation.

Italy - young, no idea what I was doing
Spain - ditto
Canada - Toronto specifically. I had a clue, worked hard and hugged my pillow at night.
Malaysia - Awful women, expensive alcohol(for this part of the world), a bar culture that promotes sitting in a social circle
Bosnia - I shudder at the thought of the coldness of their people, understandably so because of the way their country has been ripped to shreds from war